GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Trooper if you catch up on the trial tonight while all the rest of us are asleep, could you fill us in on what the heck is going on? Appears to be hours worth of boring powerpoint being read by the guy on Zoom. Are the jurors awake? Are they even in the courtroom? guess he is the mental health expert. TIA
What an odd trial. moo

Last edited:
@Trooper if you catch up on the trial tonight while all the rest of us are asleep, could you fill us in on what the heck is going on? TIA
I will give it a red hot go. The emails between Z and Ronald were too much for me, now, in the clear brisk light of a winters morning here, I can cop it again. If it is possible to believe, Z is even less savvy than Amy, Ronald blithers on about what a good mother Amy is, but then, as expected, sinks the boot in, about the wife to the girlfriend. So predictable. Like every other married bloke out on the tear, the old old yarn about the wife that doesn't understand him. And Z embraces all this trash and feeds it back. Awful.

Ronald looked at himself at 17 and figured he'd reached perfection. It was all coasting from now on .

One thing about the call with Amy I cannot grasp. He is in prison, under the shadow of a death penalty for murdering his young mistress, and the baby he made with her, up close stabbing her and the baby, in broad daylight, because she was leaning on him for Child Care support money, it was too much for her. So Amy rings up Ronald, and complains to Ronald about the cost of Child Care she is labouring under, $5000 a year. How smart is that??

Now to the trial.

A cultural anthropologist, from El Paso. ... an oxymoron, surely. He is for the defence. I was surprised that the prosecution had rested, a whole lot of policemen seemed to have been sworn in as witnesses, but oh well.

It appears the C A is an expert on Mexican culture, Border culture, drug running, crime, law enforcement, etc. Also, he is married into a large Mexican family. However, Ronald is of Puerto Rican derivation, so...

He is here to speak on the culture of the border, and Border Patrol ... It is not decided as yet if he can testify, this is merely to air his opinion.

Border Patrol is a relatively new outfit , is that correct?? in comparison to , say, the US Army, the US Navy, the Texas Rangers, etc. ?? is there actually time elapsed that could produce a 'culture'??

The Cultural Anthro hasn't read the operation manuals of Border Patrol. He doesn't know how many agents in Texas. or in the USA over all. Seems to me to be a bit of an oversight, so this could turn out to be an episode of reading chicken entrails. Was it the Aztecs? or the Inca's , throw up chicken entrails into the air, and 'read' the droppings on the ground??

The prosecution unravelling the opinion of this Cult. A.... in so far as his opinion is relevant to this particular case. The Professor is adamant that his opinion about Ronald and Grizelda is important, based on his conversations with his family, books, talking with officials, etc, none of which have any bearing on Ronalds murder of Grizelda and their son. As far as I can see. It does not explain why Ronald decided that stabbing to death a woman and a baby was a rational and culturally applicable action to take.

At least, I think that's what is being argued.

The prosecution unravelling the opinion of this Cult. A.... in so far as his opinion is relevant to this particular case. The Professor is adamant that his opinion about Ronald and Grizelda is important, based on his conversations with his family, books, talking with officials, etc, none of which have any bearing on Ronalds murder of Grizelda and their son. As far as I can see. It does not explain why Ronald decided that stabbing to death a woman and a baby was a rational and culturally applicable action to take.

So, you think Ronald is fluent with that machismo persona?

So, you think Ronald is fluent with that machismo persona?
My off the cuff amateur opinion of Ronald is that he is insecure in his masculinity, a fear of emasculation, either self inflicted or imposed upon him. A lifetime search for an endless bosom that feeds him at will and at whim. without ceasing, or conflict. A terrific fear of women, as the 'other'..a life built on trying to emulate, to copy what he thinks is masculine behaviour, ... ohh dear.... however, that makes about as much sense as a Cultural Anthropoligist's opinion. Even among Border patrol agents, Ronald's actions were shocking and horrific and repulsive. One cannot say it was part of Border Patrol culture.

The Cultural Anthro hasn't read the operation manuals of Border Patrol. He doesn't know how many agents in Texas. or in the USA over all. Seems to me to be a bit of an oversight, so this could turn out to be an episode of reading chicken entrails. Was it the Aztecs? or the Inca's , throw up chicken entrails into the air, and 'read' the droppings on the ground??

Now only ancient civilizations.....We still read chicken bones in our deep south.:cool:

There is an air of desperation, of impossible odds against , from the defence. So far it's bottom of the barrel, the guy from El Paso. Not credible, and not relevant. IMO.

Surely it is not habitual among Border Patrol agents, of any rank, to send pictures of their crotch to a woman 5 minutes before murdering another woman and his own baby??.. don't they have better things to do at work? .. Even for Laredo, even for Texas that's outlandish!!

There is an air of desperation, of impossible odds against , from the defence. So far it's bottom of the barrel, the guy from El Paso. Not credible, and not relevant. IMO.

Surely it is not habitual among Border Patrol agents, of any rank, to send pictures of their crotch to a woman 5 minutes before murdering another woman and his own baby??.. don't they have better things to do at work? .. Even for Laredo, even for Texas that's outlandish!!

Agree, the cultural anthropologist expert's specialty was the drug crisis on our Mexican border, not relevant to this case. However, I found him more interesting to than the the mental health expert who droned on and on with his boring, sophomoric powerpoint presentation...Really a multitasker Ronald was...combining sexting with his murdering. moo

Well..... is this the defence? that his job made him do it?...

One thing about Ronald that is hard to decipher. He calls in the crime scene, '''Lada.''lada, hurry'... he 'lets' Lada share with him the discovery of Grizelda's body. He does not mention any other body, he 'lets' Dennison ( Dennis?/?) 'discover' Domenic's body, Ronald knows very well where that body is, what it looks like, he did it and he put it there but he passes up that 'discovery'... Ronald feeling shame? remorse? does not want to be associated with that body, as opposed to Grizelda's .

Big puzzle to me.

Considering the cocktail of controlled substances Ronald was taking, under consultation with a doctor, a weekly regime of testosterone , 2 other drugs, can anyone tell me how much that would cost? . I cannot make a guess, I don't live under that system, all scripts cost me $6, bulk billed doctor etc, since Ronald was in a snit about paying Grizelda for the child care, but forking out for his weight control...??

My guess is about $150 a week, am I warm?? cold??

Dr Campbell got a bit of a chalking up on the stand there. He spoke about the Border Patrol as if the entire outfit was like one of those lost tribes in the Amazon, isolated, no contact with other people for centuries, a unique and categorised entity..... observed as if they were in a petri dish, and interpreted, in a mix of ethnology, etc.. Didn't mention Border patrol agents on the Northern Border up on Canada/USA border. His opinion that it is a very masculine outfit, which is no different to the border police on the Mongolian border, or the Botswana border, or the French border police , or even my own ratbag macho border patrol folks.

Things got tense, and from where I am, Dr Campbell advanced Ronald's cause by not so much as a whisker....

What I got from Dr. Campbell‘s (iirc) testimony is the life of a BP agent is extremely dangerous and very stressful. Could constant exposure to a dangerous environment of that nature lead to one becoming super super hyper vigilant? Could the addition of a mental health condition further alter one’s perception of potential threats? Dr. Campbell (iirc) also discussed the word “machismo” and the masculine culture and male dominance seen in CBP. When the prosecutor asked Dr. Campbell (iirc) if Burgos-Aviles‘ murder of Grizelda and Dominic was an example of “machismo“, he replied it was not. Could it be to an extremely hyper vigilant individual with mental health issues? It definitely would not excuse Burgos-Aviles’ actions but could it explain it?
IMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528