GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thea, the defence lawyer, Ronald's minder, very earnest and intense in putting forward the case that Ron's phone calls with Amy, the wife, ( who has called him 2500 times so far, underlining her captivity to him regardless of his actions ) should not be entered into. But the prosecution lady says, and says it well, that the calls are an indication of Ronald's character and perspectives.

Joe Lopez, the judge says, it might be just yada, yada, yada,...... sooooooo...

And oddly, this conversation at the bench has grabbed Ronald by the short hairs, he has dropped his hands from his face and is following the back and forth as if it was Wimbledon. First time I've seen any interest taking place from Ronald. I think the prosecution is correct, in that the defence it portraying him as a kind and loving father, but , apparently, these phone calls shed a different light.

Which, they probably do, and an adverse view, to boot, as the defence is fighting like crazy to keep them out of the presentation. Going down to the floor tooth and nail about it...Thea turning herself inside out, pleading , hands waving, jiggling, frowning....Joe says... he had no expectation of privacy, re the phone calls, warned that they are recorded.. let's see..... ( for those who love a good tort, it's rivetting ) .....

And oddly, this conversation at the bench has grabbed Ronald by the short hairs, he has dropped his hands from his face and is following the back and forth as if it was Wimbledon. First time I've seen any interest taking place from Ronald. I think the prosecution is correct, in that the defence it portraying him as a kind and loving father, but , apparently, these phone calls shed a different light.

Which, they probably do, and an adverse view, to boot, as the defence is fighting like crazy to keep them out of the presentation. Going down to the floor tooth and nail about it...Thea turning herself inside out, pleading , hands waving, jiggling, frowning....Joe says... he had no expectation of privacy, re the phone calls, warned that they are recorded.. let's see..... ( for those who love a good tort, it's rivetting ) .....
Are these phone calls he made while behind bars? I would think those would be admissible? MOO

ETA: clarification: I would think they wouldn’t be subject to spousal privilege if they are prison calls

Over ruled. The defence objections are dismissed. The phone calls are to be admitted into evidence, in regard to Ronald's character, and intentions. A bit, a tiny bit risky, re appeals etc, but . .... All the phone calls? I think so. The defence does not like this decision. Ronald goes back to his carefully curated position of being entirely above and beyond all of this palaver.

Are these phone calls he made while behind bars? I would think those would be admissible? MOO

ETA: clarification: I would think they wouldn’t be subject to spousal privilege if they are prison calls
This is the position of the defence, that he is warned that all calls are recorded, etc, so does the caller get that warning. The defence says, the state can hardly supply a service then use it against the defendant, the judge says phooey to that. Calls from his wife and his mum.

There must be a reason that the defence wants them desperately to be sunk into the sea or fired into the sun, anything but be played to a jury in a death penalty phase. One could conclude the calls do not show Ronny boy in a good light.

This is the position of the defence, that he is warned that all calls are recorded, etc, so does the caller get that warning. The defence says, the state can hardly supply a service then use it against the defendant, the judge says phooey to that. Calls from his wife and his mum.

There must be a reason that the defence wants them desperately to be sunk into the sea or fired into the sun, anything but be played to a jury in a death penalty phase. One could conclude the calls do not show Ronny boy in a good light.
It certainly sounds like it. Thanks for the explanation. I hope we get to hear these phone calls. MOO

I've only dipped my toe into this case. I'm not sure I can handle it as I'm trying to space out my 'horrific cases' and I have too many on the go right now! This one clearly classifies as a horrific case.
These men who think the perfect solution to their 'inconvenient problems' is to murder...let alone murder their own infant! It's too much.

1st call . Amy and Ronald. The absolute panic in Amy's voice, and Ronald, Mr Laid Back. It was a call between a sadist and a masochist. I just can't see it any other way than that. He wants to mutilate and she wants the mutilation. From him.

Perhaps it was ever thus in their marriage. From which they derived some sort of pleasure. Awful. awful. AWFUL. Run away, Amy , you dingbat.

I need to go for a long swim in the heated pool after that. Coming back for more of it.. ...whoa..

Now , I understand the defence position that Ronald not take the stand. Maybe that's why he is sulking, but it was the only decision, he is so utterly absolutely charmless and revoltingly up himself, so deliberately stupid , so willfully clumsy and obstructionist.

4 more calls to go. It calls for 1/2 kilo of oxycontin to deal with it .

Going to post this translation of the phone call between the killer and his mom as my opinion.

Supposedly it is from someone who is Puerto Rican. I don't know the language, but the translation follows the sidebar discussion we heard today between the parties. The call took place July 5, 2023. For some reason, the stream was muted in the middle of the call.

B: Hello

M: Hello

B: And why did you not tell me that you were coming over here?

M: Did I have to ask you permission?

B: It's not that. But... you know that showing up by surprise at this moment, that is not of an intelligent person to do.

M: Why? B: Because you know that these people are looking at everything we do, our faces, the reactions, you know?

M: I am nothing but happy and calm with Guillermina and your dad.

B: I don't care about you, what I care about is me, do you understand? Please think, use your head for a moment. It would have cost you nothing to tell me "Hey, I'm going over there so you can see me. So don't be surprised...this and that...I'm going to be there, that's all".

B: But you just appeared without telling anyone and then you are smiling at me, you know. Nobody knows you, you are not the one with 3,4,5 cameras on your face.

Ronny all gangsta on the phone.... 'what'..? what? you got an attitude??.. wha for??...'.. (his wife ...) 'nothing.. nothing... ' ( only that you are in prison on a death penalty trial case of murder of your mistress and your son, apart from that, really, nothing at all. )

The phone calls are hard to take. Hard to understand any woman copping this kind of illmannered co ercive rubbish from anyone. The only conclusion can be is that she ( wife, mother and girlfriend ) needs the abuse, and he needs to dish it out. Perfect match.

The testosterone testimony, a doctor from a clinic....

Usually, it's for blokes over 50, lack of libido, tiredness.....not indicated for younger men, Ronald's profile testing was a normal for testosterone in 2018. Nothing wrong there, but there is a trend to use it for weight control , muscle gain, to bulk up a bit. Side effects, irritation, distaste,

another drug, used for weight control as well. a bit of a cocktail going on here. These are controlled medications, Category 4, which means a lot of side effects, to the central nervous system.

Side effects, possibly... can cause rage, psychosis, unrealistic behaviour,, distorted perceptions, irrational behaviour , mood swings, sometimes manic, sometimes depressed, not everyday, and not all day. but it happens.

Aremadex..... usually used by women. Converts testosterone to estrogen,,?? no, it does that in women, in men it boosts the testosterone. Doesn't boost testicular operations. not indicated in Ronald, as he had children.

The combo of these drugs was considered to be unheard of, never heard of it being advised.

The prosecution carefully and elegantly de constructing the theory that these drugs DID cause psychosis in Ronald, thereby quickly swerving him away from Mr Sparky, , phentermine, for example, can do when overdosed, rare but it does happen. That Ronald was using these drugs for weight control, trying the short cut as usual.

Ronald is dismissing it all in his own mind, does no one see how he is suffering?... nope, apparently not, no one gives a damn, not even his own attorneys, they do the job, but their hearts are not in it.

I only heard 1 call from his wife but I didn’t really understand what was being said.

Is she pretty much on his side during those calls? (Not sure how many were played).. from reading here it sounds like she’s still talking to him so she’s just … along for the ride at the time of those calls?

And were there actually 2000 calls as Trooper said a few posts ago?

What happened with the call with the girlfriend Z?

Just turned it on so I can hopefully catch some of what’s going on. Yesterday every time I was able to watch it either was on break or went on break after a few minutes of watching.

Eta, is the wife still speaking with him to this day? Do we know?

Ummmm… how is the male audience finding this testimony from the anthropologist ?

Honestly… this “ hypermasculine “ excuse is making me laugh. Reminds me of the “ boys will be boys” excuse. If I was a juror, it’d be hard to hide my expressions. Boy bye

#yeahno

I only heard 1 call from his wife but I didn’t really understand what was being said.

Is she pretty much on his side during those calls? (Not sure how many were played).. from reading here it sounds like she’s still talking to him so she’s just … along for the ride at the time of those calls?

And were there actually 2000 calls as Trooper said a few posts ago?

What happened with the call with the girlfriend Z?

Just turned it on so I can hopefully catch some of what’s going on. Yesterday every time I was able to watch it either was on break or went on break after a few minutes of watching.

Eta, is the wife still speaking with him to this day? Do we know?
It wasn't a call with Z, it was an email between the both of them. Apparently, a document with "Z's" real name was caught by one of the video camera's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back