TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 21, 2022
Lina Sardhar Khil's family observes her fourth birthday in her absence two months after she disappeared | Fox News
Zarmeena Sardar Khil, Lina’s mother, is expecting a second child in the coming months and said Lina's disappearance has weighed heavily on her.

"We all have the same pain, it doesn't matter that I am from Afghanistan, I have a different culture, different religion," Zarmeena told Fox 29 San Antonio through an interpreter. "What we have in common is the pain of motherhood as a human, is the same as all people."

FEB 22, 2022
Reward increases to $250k for tips on missing Lina Khil (mysanantonio.com)
San Antonio Police Chief Bill McManus tweeted Saturday the department was still focused on finding Lina.

"There's been no pause in our efforts," McManus tweeted. "SAPD continues to work with the FBI to find Lina Sardar Khil who went missing on Dec 20. The investigation is ongoing. Pls (please) report any info no matter how insignificant you may think it is. Call SAPD Missing Persons Section on 210 207-7660."

Unfortuately, I don't think an increased reward is going to help. moo.

You may be right…
A reward entices scared or reluctant witnesses to come forward, especially if they’re closer to the perpetrator and have something (smaller) to lose.

I don’t think there are any witnesses, besides the other children playing in the area. Who, given we don’t have any suspect profile, probably didn’t see/say much.

If there are no witnesses, all the money in the world won’t help find her. But it’s not useless either, at the very least it demonstrates to her family that we aren’t giving up finding their child.

Unfortunately this reminds me of Beverly Potts. So many potential witnesses, but whatever happened didn’t draw a scene. Which is plausible given how little Lina was. A 3yo crying while leaving a playground doesn’t necessarily draw memorable attention.

I'm on the fence about what I think happened, keeping an open mind. I'm stunned we still don't have a resolution.

The children playing that day are all younger, no? Maybe they did see someone talking to Lina but didn't think anything of it because it was someone they all knew and it didn't strike them as unusual. Many young children don't pay too much attention to things happening around them when they are into a game or whatever it is they are all doing together. They might not realize they saw anything at all, especially if what they saw involved people familiar to them.

To the best of my recollection, we haven't heard any information from the adults or children who were present that day, except for Lina's mother's accounting of the details. I'm trying to decide if that means no one saw or heard anything or if their information is quietly being followed up on, but I believe it's the former, unfortunately.

Unfortuately, I don't think an increased reward is going to help. moo.

You may be right…
A reward entices scared or reluctant witnesses to come forward, especially if they’re closer to the perpetrator and have something (smaller) to lose.

May I ask what you mean? That you think whoever took Lina did so alone?

I really don't know what to think on this one :( I also can't believe there's been no progression or leads that we know of. I can only hope that LE have more and are on to 'them'

MOO

Many young children don't pay too much attention to things happening around them when they are into a game or whatever it is they are all doing together. They might not realize they saw anything at all, especially if what they saw involved people familiar to them.
^^rsbm

3 yr old Kamille McKinney was kidnapped around 8:30 pm following a birthday party where she was last seen playing with several children. Her body was located 10 days later inside a trash dumpster. In this case, I think the difference is the kidnapping couple had earlier approached at least one other child offering candy that knew not to follow.

I think it possible that Lina was the first child approached, and that she took the bait, and no other children saw anything to offer investigators any info. MOO

May I ask what you mean? That you think whoever took Lina did so alone?

I really don't know what to think on this one :( I also can't believe there's been no progression or leads that we know of. I can only hope that LE have more and are on to 'them'

MOO

Assuming alone, but I can’t guarantee it so it’s moo. But even if there is two, there’s no reason to believe they’ll be more likely to confess than just one.

And I can’t think any perpetrator would be actually eligible for a reward. I only mean that a reward might be enough to entice someone who suspects involvement by someone they know. Like maybe that person called off sick that day, disappeared awhile, then deep cleaned their car, etc.

My hopes lie in someone having “irrelevant” footage from a driving camera or something similar that happens to show the parking lot before Lina disappeared.

Assuming alone, but I can’t guarantee it so it’s moo. But even if there is two, there’s no reason to believe they’ll be more likely to confess than just one.

And I can’t think any perpetrator would be actually eligible for a reward. I only mean that a reward might be enough to entice someone who suspects involvement by someone they know. Like maybe that person called off sick that day, disappeared awhile, then deep cleaned their car, etc.

My hopes lie in someone having “irrelevant” footage from a driving camera or something similar that happens to show the parking lot before Lina disappeared.

Rbbm

Exactly this.

I think LE isn't expecting a magic witness to the abduction to come forward but rather they're appealing to someone who knows something about another someone -- like he/she didn’t show up for work or missed a shift or arrived late or acted strangely. Suspicious car behavior. Detailing it, painting it, selling it. Moved away. Was in town only a short time.

That's the tip the need.

JMO

Isn't the $250,000 reward for Lina's safe return though?
Not according to this article published today.

Reward for missing girl Lina Sardar Khil increases to $250,000 as police urge public for info - ABC News (go.com)
On Lina’s birthday, the Islamic Center of San Antonio announced that it increased a $120,000 reward for any information on Lina to $200,000. Meanwhile, Crime Stoppers of San Antonio has offered $50,000 for information resulting in the arrest or indictment of a suspect accused of involvement in Lina's disappearance, bringing the latest total to $250,000.

"Retired investigators say it is very unlikely Lina wandered away from the apartment complex where she lived with her family in the Medical Center area. They say investigators working the case might have to re-examine the interviews and information collected so far, delve into tips that previously seemed far-fetched and look at sex offenders or convicts who have a history of targeting children.

Others say police also may have to look at cases that seemingly have nothing to do with children, such as burglaries."

The disappearance of 3-year-old Lina Sadar Khil is “a hard case” to crack

"Retired investigators say it is very unlikely Lina wandered away from the apartment complex where she lived with her family in the Medical Center area. They say investigators working the case might have to re-examine the interviews and information collected so far, delve into tips that previously seemed far-fetched and look at sex offenders or convicts who have a history of targeting children.

Others say police also may have to look at cases that seemingly have nothing to do with children, such as burglaries."

The disappearance of 3-year-old Lina Sadar Khil is “a hard case” to crack
This was a very discouraging article. From the link:

Ortiz said staffing limits and a backlog of cases could force detectives to prioritize. In police work, there’s a long-standing theory that chances of solving a case — such as homicides — are cut in half if detectives don’t get a viable lead wihin the first 48 hours.

“You’ve got seven or eight new cases coming in and ... you’ve got to nail down your evidence within the first 48 hours,” Ortiz said. “You’re juggling a lot of balls. The ones that are going to fall first are the old ones.”

This was a very discouraging article. From the link:

Ortiz said staffing limits and a backlog of cases could force detectives to prioritize. In police work, there’s a long-standing theory that chances of solving a case — such as homicides — are cut in half if detectives don’t get a viable lead wihin the first 48 hours.

“You’ve got seven or eight new cases coming in and ... you’ve got to nail down your evidence within the first 48 hours,” Ortiz said. “You’re juggling a lot of balls. The ones that are going to fall first are the old ones.”
It seems clear that they don't have any leads.

That tells me that whatever vehicle that Lina was pulled into did not attract much attention, so it must have been a vehicle that was not out of place, such as a resident's vehicle or a maintenance or delivery vehicle.

FEB 28, 2022
Where is Lina Sardar-Khil? Investigators are still trying to find answers for her family | kens5.com
[...]

'Project Absentis' is an organization that helps find the missing. His team has more than a 100 years of combined military, law enforcement, and intelligence experience. KENS 5 asked Pena about where the case stands now.

"I have no doubt the FBI is involved in a myriad of different things to look for the child," he said. "Possibly look at an involvement or groups of people perhaps checking for any known sex offenders in the area."

[...]

SAPD released the following, to KENS 5, saying it is the most up to date statement regarding this case.

"SAPD's Missing Persons Unit received a tip regarding Lina. The Unit contacted law enforcement in Fredericksburg to advise them of the tip and to seek their assistance in looking into the tip. Unfortunately, nothing was found and Lina continues an active missing persons case. We continue to ask anyone with information on Lina's case to contact our Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660 or Crime Stoppers at 210-224-7867."

KENS 5 also reached out to the FBI who said the agency is still assisting in the case, but referred all others questions to SAPD.

Investigation Discovery on Twitter
Lina Sadar Khil was last seen wearing a black jacket, red dress and black shoes. If you have information about her whereabouts, please contact the San Antonio PD Missing Persons Unit directly at 210-207-7660 or Crime Stoppers at 210-224-7867. Reward Soars To $250k In Search For 4-Year-Old Lina Sadar Khil | In Pursuit With John Walsh on ID | Investigation Discovery

2:30 PM · Mar 2, 2022·Khoros Publishing App

MAR 1, 2022
Reward Soars To $250k In Search For 4-Year-Old Lina Sadar Khil | In Pursuit With John Walsh on ID | Investigation Discovery
When you look at the images of 4-year-old Lina Sardar Khil, the child’s bright eyes and spirit beam from the photos. Lina's face and name were thrown under the national spotlight only days before Christmas in 2021. Authorities said Lina vanished without a trace from a playground in San Antonio, TX while she was playing outdoors with other children and families.

The reward to find Lina has now reached $250k. The Islamic Center of San Antonio and Crimestoppers are offering the combined total.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member