TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is where the home is, then it's easy to understand that the child rounded the corner towards home, the mother assumed the child went home, but instead she was lured towards the parking lot.

View attachment 327392
It looks as if there are multiple homes there that also make sense for her to have thought that.

I wonder if Lina’s mom often dresses both of her girls in the same colors.
This neighbor says the girl she saw in the red dress plays with her three-year-old. In my opinion, if Lina has a two year old sister, the younger sibling would be much closer in age to a three year playmate than Lina appears to be. Lina is the size of a 5-6 yr old if the description is correct.
I suppose it’s possible the neighbor has the girls mixed up.
MOO
I know Lina's height weight description seems way off for a three (even an almost 4) year old, but why is it not believable that Lina is the neighbor's 3 year old daughter's playmate?

Pamela Allen said a quick resolution is all Lina's family wants right now. The non-profit leader spoke with them Wednesday afternoon and said they're distraught.

She adds the playground where Lina was last seen is about 40 feet from her family's front door. Allen said the family was unaware how many people want to help so through a translator, she asked them this.

Caveat: The article does not reference who Pamela Allen is, (WOAI does this from time-to-time :rolleyes:) but she might run a families in crisis non-profit: Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach. I am not reading too much into this translation.
About | Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach

RSBBM. If Ms Allen is correct that the family lives 40 feet from the play area, that is very close. I’ve posted 2 photos from different viewpoint marking the entranceways to the closest buildings to the playground. Depending on where Mom was standing/sitting she could have lost line of sight to Lina in that short distance, but if Mom ran to the apartment as soon as she couldn’t see her, it gives a perpetrator even less time to snatch this child.

Attachments

• 9370EC04-1008-4134-8C89-1582B26BF530.jpeg
    9370EC04-1008-4134-8C89-1582B26BF530.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 5463F5A6-59B7-4A35-B29B-B7D350E54E58.jpeg
    5463F5A6-59B7-4A35-B29B-B7D350E54E58.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 41
This neighbor says the girl she saw in the red dress plays with her three-year-old. In my opinion, if Lina has a two year old sister, the younger sibling would be much closer in age to a three year playmate than Lina appears to be. Lina is the size of a 5-6 yr old if the description is correct.
MOO
The neighbors child in the video looks like a toddler, looks 3 years old. Lina does not. She looks like a little girl ready for pre-k or first grade. That was the reason I questioned the details, not height or weight, but facial structure. Course Lina could have developed more mature features earlier than some. JMO

Partial quote from the link below:
"...Officers also searched for video, checked cars and dumpsters, and recorded license plates due to the “suspicious nature of the disappearance,” he added..."

Although LE has publicly stated they consider Lina a missing person and not a victim of abduction, they refer to her disappearance as suspicious.

IMO, these nuanced descriptions for the status of her disappearance are disturbing and suspicious in themselves.

Search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil enters fourth day. Here’s everything we know.

RSBBM. If Ms Allen is correct that the family lives 40 feet from the play area, that is very close. I’ve posted 2 photos from different viewpoint marking the entranceways to the closest buildings to the playground. Depending on where Mom was standing/sitting she could have lost line of sight to Lina in that short distance, but if Mom ran to the apartment as soon as she couldn’t see her, it gives a perpetrator even less time to snatch this child.

Do we have the location of the park correct? According to the apartment website, the location that I assumed is the park is actually a dog park. Did families use the dog park as a children's park, or is there another playground?

upload_2021-12-23_15-34-25.png

Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX | Apartments.com

@otto so far we haven't seen any photos or videos indicating a playground in the traditional sense that I think we most envision as a playground. a few pages back there is a post that shows a diagram of the area that she reportedly was last seen in. It appears to consist of a very small dog run area with half the fence collapsed such to be ineffective at keeping dogs confined to. a grassy common area, a tennis court that is currently being used for soccer, and a large cover patio area on a cement pad that could be used for cooking out or gatherings/parties. I will try to find and bump.

SAPD released a statement today asking anyone who was at the Villas del Cabo Apartment Complex between 4:30 – 5:10 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 20, to contact the Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660 with actionable tips.

SAPD Chief William McManus said on Tuesday, Dec. 21 that Lina went missing sometime between 5 and 6 p.m. and her family reported her missing at around 7:15 p.m.

Police are also asking if anyone had any contact with Lina or her family on Monday, Dec. 20 to call the Missing Persons Unit:

No detail is too small as we continue to search for Lina. While the police presence that existed over the past two to three days at Lina’s home may look different; rest assured that resources are being redirected to be as proactive as possible in Lina’s case. Our community is very important to us and we must all come together to bring Lina home to her family. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts for updates and communications regarding this important case.
Search continues for missing 3-year-old girl

View of the outdoor area.

93da2b45be3f2abb6d8a9a9cb99768c1c-f847816818od-w1024_h768.jpg

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...icksburg-Rd_San-Antonio_TX_78240_M87975-92411
found one @otto

SAPD released a statement today asking anyone who was at the Villas del Cabo Apartment Complex between 4:30 – 5:10 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 20, to contact the Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660 with actionable tips.

SAPD Chief William McManus said on Tuesday, Dec. 21 that Lina went missing sometime between 5 and 6 p.m. and her family reported her missing at around 7:15 p.m.

Police are also asking if anyone had any contact with Lina or her family on Monday, Dec. 20 to call the Missing Persons Unit:

No detail is too small as we continue to search for Lina. While the police presence that existed over the past two to three days at Lina’s home may look different; rest assured that resources are being redirected to be as proactive as possible in Lina’s case. Our community is very important to us and we must all come together to bring Lina home to her family. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts for updates and communications regarding this important case.
Search continues for missing 3-year-old girl

So a few things are interesting here:

She was apparently unsupervised longer than initially reported (or mom is unsure as to the time she disappeared).

She disappeared earlier than previously reported.

An abductor may have had over 2 hours lead time.

Last edited:

Do we have the location of the park correct? According to the apartment website, the location that I assumed is the park is actually a dog park. Did families use the dog park as a children's park, or is there another playground?

View attachment 327401

Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX | Apartments.com

I, too, saw only a “dog park” advertised. I am assuming it is correct, due to the address. I don’t know. Maybe it has a couple of things to make it entertaining for kids? I don’t think it is a full fledged “playground”.

MOO

Unless I missed something, I don't think we know that the other child is a girl. The only time I've seen another child mentioned was when a reporter asked if the family had other children, and the police chief said "yes, one."

@otto so far we haven't seen any photos or videos indicating a playground in the traditional sense that I think we most envision as a playground. a few pages back there is a post that shows a diagram of the area that she reportedly was last seen in. It appears to consist of a very small dog run area with half the fence collapsed such to be ineffective at keeping dogs confined to. a grassy common area, a tennis court that is currently being used for soccer, and a large cover patio area on a cement pad that could be used for cooking out or gatherings/parties. I will try to find and bump.

I'm beginning to think that the area where she was last seen is where children were when they were outside, but the only climbing equipment was designed for dogs.

Is it possible that "playground" just meant the common area? Kids dart up and down the stairs, under the gazebo, kick a ball in the soccer area, possibly climb through obstacles in the "dog park" and the pounce on the grassy area. The area is quite small.

If I were a kid that is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08