TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at these pictures again, I am assuming that the apartments are accessed by a hall both on the bottom and upper floors, as there's no indication of doors, stairs directly to units from the outside. I'm also assuming there are no elevators given the buildings are only 2 stories. They will have a fire escape, by law there need to be two egresses. Are the non entrance fire escape doors locked from the outside?

I'm trying to picture a perp snatching or luring a child unseen by others. i.e. IF it's a resident.
I can imagine that the hallways could be generally empty. Still risky though to bring a child in unseen in case someone leaves or returns to their unit.

The buildings also have pitched roofs, so if the upper floor unit ceilings are flat, there's an attic space. Would there be accessible ceiling trapdoors, for maintenance? Are the attic spaces continuous or separated by a firewall?
Also wonder whether the lower level has a crawl space, or are they built on slab? Don't know the usual Texas construction.

Just mulling over if there's a possibility that Lina is still in the complex...inside.

Still leaning to Lina having been taken away by vehicle though....due to the scent the dogs lost at some point. I wish we knew where exactly.

eta...the pictures didn't post. quoted post 289, on page 15

I don't believe there are hallways at this complex. When I lived in apartments in San Antonio they had an entry and then either a patio or balcony. Did not have a fire escapes on the second floor. Foundation is slab, no basements or crawl spaces. Don't know anything at all about attics. Residents would not have access to attics, but I guess someone could create a cut out in the ceiling.....
Villas del Cabo - San Antonio, TX apartments for rent

Attachments

• Villas del Cabo - San Antonio, TX apartments for rent.png
    Villas del Cabo - San Antonio, TX apartments for rent.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 43
Don’t windows count as an egress? I’ve lived in apartments almost my whole life and never had a fire escape, just the stairs up and the windows.

Most US codes require sleeping room windows of residences to be dimensioned for emergency egress use. There are detailed descriptions available in codes and many window catalogs. Fire escapes were once required by older codes in some northeastern US cities, but are no longer permitted for new buildings.

Ground floor egress windows can be a target for forced entry.

Last edited:
Don’t windows count as an egress? I’ve lived in apartments almost my whole life and never had a fire escape, just the stairs up and the windows.
It would depend on the codes, and if windows are to be considered a second egress from a second floor, those windows have to be of specific dimensions and construction. From my experience, in new or recent construction, units accessed from an interior hall in a 2 story plus multi unit building need to have an enclosed fire stair accessed from the interior corridor and directly to the outside.
Seems though codes differ, I don't know from state to state.

SAPD has used canines in the search, which is still contained to the San Antonio area.

But the FBI’s rapid response team has resources that the department doesn’t, McManus said.

“If we have video that’s not real clear, they can work on their end to clarify any video footage,” he said. “They have resources, they have boots on the ground here that are helping us canvas the area.”

FBI agents have been seen knocking on residents doors, as well as checking in with nearby businesses.

“FBI showed up and they searched my apartment. They looked under the bed, under the couch outside They had this questionnaire. Going through questions, ‘Would you be willing to give a DNA sample if needed?’” said an apartment resident who did not want to be identified.

Alex de Hoyos, manager of the Belden’s Automotive across the street from the apartment complex, said he gave authorities the store’s security video on Monday.

The store’s cameras can see the entire entrance of the Villa Del Cabo complex. de Hoyos said, unfortunately, his cameras can’t see the side entrance of the apartments.

Search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil enters fourth day. Here’s everything we know.

Belden's Automotive cameras view the front entrance. There are also cameras at the intersection of Fredricksburg & Bluemel. Here's the side entrance of the apartments, looking towards the intersection with cameras Google Maps

Sure hope the FBI can find something valuable in that footage.

Camera's on poles-
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps

Has anyone ever seen this amount this quickly?
It's certainly unusual, but there is apparently a large Muslim population in San Antonio, and it seems they have banded together on this.

The Crime Stoppers amount of $50,000 is much higher than what I've seen in similar cases.

I'm just glad there's a huge amount being offered, and that it happened so fast. Let's just hope it encourages someone to come forward.

Dad is cooperative, did an interview etc. I'm shocked at the amount of the reward. That is growing fast. I think with that amount of $ there's more then meets the eye on this case. IMO
I am lucky enough to work with a mosque community and they are the most loving group I have ever worked with. I am always hugged, prayed for, and even fed home cooked meals from scratch almost daily for years now. This high reward is very typical from my experience of their devotion to each other, nothing more IMO

Belden's Automotive cameras view the front entrance. There are also cameras at the intersection of Fredricksburg & Bluemel. Here's the side entrance of the apartments, looking towards the intersection with cameras Google Maps

Sure hope the FBI can find something valuable in that footage.

Camera's on poles-
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps

Cameras on Traffic Signals | City of San Antonio

The cameras on the top of the traffic lights poles are used as sensors to signal that a vehicle is waiting at the intersection so that light can turn green. This video is not recorded.

No fire escapes, no basement, open walk-way, stairs to second-floor open walk-way. Individual apartment front doors open on to the walk-ways. Vaulted ceilings are very common when you see a high pitched roof on apartment buildings. MOO from a Texan.

Cameras on Traffic Signals | City of San Antonio

The cameras on the top of the traffic lights poles are used as sensors to signal that a vehicle is waiting at the intersection so that light can turn green. This video is not recorded.
Well carp! Hopefully they have ring cameras at that side entrance, over on Gardendale, or more like the camera pointed at a side gate at 4412 Bluemel.

If a neighbour tried to hide her in their apartment she likely would have been found by the dogs and the police searches. I worry that she was taken away by a vehicle really early on...:(

The police have it narrowed to a very tight window. I am hoping someone saw something suspicious. This kind of seems like the Michael 'monkey' Vaughn case, where the 4 yr old was seen by neighbours walking around in his immediate neighbourhood then he suddenly vanished.

If it is an abduction the perpetrator knows this apartment complex extremely well. He wouldn't be able to take Lina from there without getting recorded on any cams if he did not have that knowledge.

The last time San Antonio had an non-relative abduction of a child, that had everyone searching and on edge was 1999.
Fiesta kidnapping, murder still haunts the city 20 years later

Now there have been horrific, horrific crimes against children, but most had been at the hands of family.

Also it's Christmas. Also Lina's a little Aghan refugee. So sad....This just pulls the community together. Community leaders and every day citizens are sharing her FBI posters on social media.

One reason for the reward money being so high: They believe there may be a witness. They believe someone knows something.....MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member