TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: SOMETHING is off with this whole case....imo

I feel this way as well. From her photos, she does not appear to be big-boned or large for her age. In fact, she looks petite in comparison with most of the items in the background.

I feel as though there might be some distrust of law enforcement, which is resulting in fudged information. It crossed my mind--JMOO--that the family might be afraid of being identified by someone they fled in Afghanistan, so they might have altered records to conceal themselves from harm.

That's all wild conjecture, but there something off here. I haven't seen any photos of the mother, so perhaps she's frightened of being identified.

The Muslim community is rallying around them, which is heartwarming, but something is missing...

MOO

The last time San Antonio had an non-relative abduction of a child, that had everyone searching and on edge was 1999.
Fiesta kidnapping, murder still haunts the city 20 years later

Now there have been horrific, horrific crimes against children, but most had been at the hands of family.

Also it's Christmas. Also Lina's a little Aghan refugee. So sad....This just pulls the community together. Community leaders and every day citizens are sharing her FBI posters on social media.

If ever someone needed a Christmas miracle, it's little Lina.

I pray she gets one.

The Muslim community is rallying around them, which is heartwarming, but something is missing...

MOO

There is an Interfaith Vigil at 10 am today. It is being organized by a Christian based group. The group met with Lina's family on Wednesday.

________________________________________________________________________________

Pamela Allen said a quick resolution is all Lina's family wants right now. The non-profit leader spoke with them Wednesday afternoon and said they're distraught.

“They're just, they're so overwhelmed by just what's going on the fact that they can't find their baby. It's a bit much for them,” Allen said.

She adds the playground where Lina was last seen is about 40 feet from her family's front door. Allen said the family was unaware how many people want to help so through a translator, she asked them this.

“I asked them, would you allow us to pray? And their response was, yes, yes. And it was just immediate,” Allen said.

An immediate response from a family who wants their daughter home

'This is a tragedy': San Antonio rallies to financially help find missing three-year-old

Agree!

Or causing a scene!
"Creepy strangers" stand out.
"Locals" feel comfortable and blend in.
I was thinking that it could also be a woman who lured her away. Maybe someone upset with the ladies and seeking revenge. Or a woman who had recently lost a child. I know this is probably a remote possibility, but at this point everything should be considered. I was also wondering if the apartment staff are also Middle Eastern.
I think the 7 o'clock curfew is also important. Wasn't this in effect prior to Lina's disappearance? If so, why? Just some random thoughts/questions.

In most cases, a nearby sex offender is the perp.
I wish we knew why the family fled Afghanistan; I hope that no one would harm Lina in order to get some kind of retribution against her parents, but we know that there are people out there like that.

From the Heavy article:

An acquaintance of the family, a man named Igat, called into a local podcast to describe some of the cultural differences. He said everyone in the local Texas Afghan community knows each other. They go to San Antonio and congregate and then come back.

He said that the first problem in the case “is the communication gap,” noting that “they speak a language that is not Arabic.” He also noted that Afghan men are raised to not show emotion. ...

He explained that in Afghan culture, children are often left unsupervised or go to neighbors’ homes because it’s considered safe. In those countries, if someone touches a child, they would believe they would be sent “to hell” so no one dares “to look at them.”

He said that Afghanistan is in central Asia, not the Middle East, and added that Afghan parents still haven’t all realized that, in the U.S., “you have to have an eye on the children 24-7.” He said most of the Afghan women are unemployed and don’t speak English.

I really can't understand why mom didn't follow along on the path behind her.

This case is giving me panic attacks... My son was 5-6 when we lived with my MIL in her complex temporarily. We were going swimming, and the pool was closed, instead of heading back the way we came, my son laughed and turned left and ran. I was around that corner in seconds and he was gone. I was frantic and knew he couldn't have gotten far, but he was just gone. I ran back to the apt, jumped in the car and started driving through the maze while calling 911. My biggest fear was that anyone could have snatched him up into their apartment, they all look the same. Within a matter of minutes, people at the far end of the complex had seen him running through a parking lot. Just as the police were sending units, MIL called and told me he showed up there. He was hiding from me. I had no idea he would be able to find his way back. That short time of panic took years off my life. Kids can be gone so quickly and you just never know what they are thinking. I'm scared to death for this girl.

IMO, when police are cagey like that its because they already know what really happened but don't have proof yet(usually a body).

Reminds me of a case in Fort Worth, where 14 year old Kaytlynn Cargill went missing from her apartment complex and police were tight lipped about the case from the beginning. People were demanding why the police weren't issuing warnings about a child killer or kidnapper on the loose. Turns out they had already found the crime scene and knew that she was dead, and were just waiting to find her body before arresting the 16 year old suspect.

:-( a friend of ours lived in that complex and was familiar with the suspect, he had actually been to friend's place with her teen sister.

Attachments

• 4AE8CCA5-6171-49A5-816E-CC83E814DAE5.jpeg
    4AE8CCA5-6171-49A5-816E-CC83E814DAE5.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 7A66C32D-D255-470E-A3F7-4FB664FA26F5.jpeg
    7A66C32D-D255-470E-A3F7-4FB664FA26F5.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 418255A2-3BD8-469C-9A51-61C5AFA925D3.jpeg
    418255A2-3BD8-469C-9A51-61C5AFA925D3.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DC9EE377-98F1-4823-A13A-6E12448D902D.jpeg
    DC9EE377-98F1-4823-A13A-6E12448D902D.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
If you use FB, type in dads name, mom's appears in an article. I believe she has a FB as well. Nothing to mention though. IMO
I watched the video of dads interview and in that interview he said Lina knew how to use the phone to text and use the camera. He also stated in his country when there is a kidnapping it is for money. He was very distraught. MOO

The body might be dumped somewhere if dead. care

Last edited:
From the Heavy article:

An acquaintance of the family, a man named Igat, called into a local podcast to describe some of the cultural differences. He said everyone in the local Texas Afghan community knows each other. They go to San Antonio and congregate and then come back.

He said that the first problem in the case “is the communication gap,” noting that “they speak a language that is not Arabic.” He also noted that Afghan men are raised to not show emotion. ...

He explained that in Afghan culture, children are often left unsupervised or go to neighbors’ homes because it’s considered safe. In those countries, if someone touches a child, they would believe they would be sent “to hell” so no one dares “to look at them.”

He said that Afghanistan is in central Asia, not the Middle East, and added that Afghan parents still haven’t all realized that, in the U.S., “you have to have an eye on the children 24-7.” He said most of the Afghan women are unemployed and don’t speak English.
This info is good to know. Being Muslim is not only their religion it is their way of life. We call it customs, but I think it's far deeper than that. Hard to explain what I mean, so I'm just gonna stop. Lol

In most cases, a nearby sex offender is the perp.
I wish we knew why the family fled Afghanistan; I hope that no one would harm Lina in order to get some kind of retribution against her parents, but we know that there are people out there like that.

I've never heard of people being hunted after leaving these places. They go because they don't want to live in a war zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08