TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the video of dads interview and in that interview he said Lina knew how to use the phone to text and use the camera. He also stated in his country when there is a kidnapping it is for money. He was very distraught. MOO

Kidnapping for ransom is a fairly common crime in many parts of the world. Like Lina's father said, it is often an extortion/financial/organized crime against wealthy families. I know people who came to the US from other countries in the Americas because they were tired of kidnapping. The victim is often an adult and released once the ransom is paid. In the US, kidnapping for ransom is almost always a federal crime, no matter the age of the victim. (This is probably why it is a rare crime here)

Frank Sinatra, Jr., Kidnapping | Federal Bureau of Investigation Sinatra, Sr. gathered the money and gave it to the FBI, which photographed it all and made the drop per Keenan’s instructions between two school buses in Sepulveda, California during the early morning hours of December 11. (Note: the FBI got involved in the case very early on..We've got fairly strong safeguards against financial motivated kidnapping)

Kidnapped grandson of Getty billionaire found

Last edited:
This case is giving me panic attacks... My son was 5-6 when we lived with my MIL in her complex temporarily. We were going swimming, and the pool was closed, instead of heading back the way we came, my son laughed and turned left and ran. I was around that corner in seconds and he was gone. I was frantic and knew he couldn't have gotten far, but he was just gone. I ran back to the apt, jumped in the car and started driving through the maze while calling 911. My biggest fear was that anyone could have snatched him up into their apartment, they all look the same. Within a matter of minutes, people at the far end of the complex had seen him running through a parking lot. Just as the police were sending units, MIL called and told me he showed up there. He was hiding from me. I had no idea he would be able to find his way back. That short time of panic took years off my life. Kids can be gone so quickly and you just never know what they are thinking. I'm scared to death for this girl.
Thanks for sharing. Just goes to show they can disappear in a blink of an eye.

A previous article said they left due to threats they were receiving.
I would think that was the case while living in their home country. People are forced to submit to whoever taking power. But it would be quite waste of resources to follow them to the US over it. They isn't much of an economy and they are very busy killing each other in Afghanistan to take on an additional task like that. You get in big trouble if you are caught attempting to defect but once you're gone and accepted into the US you're pretty much home free.

I would think that was the case while living in their home country. People are forced to submit to whoever taking power. But it would be quite waste of resources to follow them to the US over it. They isn't much of an economy and they are very busy killing each other in Afghanistan to take on an additional task like that. You get in big trouble if you are caught attempting to defect but once you're gone and accepted into the US you're pretty much home free.
I would very much agree with what you posted. That's certainly what we see over here. However, we know nothing about their lives in Afghanistan. And what they did when living there. And I don't know how we would ever know unless someone came forward. I have asked if anyone knows what Lina's father's occupation is in San Antonio, but doesn't seem we have that info either. Just grasping for anything other than a sexually motivated abduction.

I was listening live on YouTube when the friend called into the podcast. He was so informative , i understood so much more after he spoke and the host questioned him. As for her stats , I’m pretty sure she’s closer to 6. Even the friend that called in said the age would be off and it’s not unusual to be off by years. They don’t document births so when a date of birth is later needed they make up one. Lots use the exact same date. Lol.

This little girl looks much closer to 6 just by her smile her little baby teeth are doing the typical “spreading “ making room for adult teeth. I have a 6 year old who is the exact size they say Lina is and mine has lost one tooth, but her teeth are so typical of a 5/6 year old. Also the guy that called in said it’s much much most likely that they do have her height and weight correct. But not her age. There’s no birthdate listed because they don’t know.
He said when they arrived she was probably guessesd at being 3. And they don’t know there haven’t celebrated birthdays. So there’s no date the parents are even thinking of to mark time. So ave doesn’t mean so much. They are still going with 3. Makes sense to me after hearing it explained.

Through a translator, Lina’s father, Riaz Khal, asked the community to continue to pray for his daughter and thanked them for their support.

”I’m really appreciative of the police department and everyone here, and I’m hopeful that my daughter will be back,” he said.

SAPD Chief William McManus said Friday that officers searched the units multiple times and spoke with specific people more than once.

While he said he wished he could give an update on the case, he said “we’re not giving up hope.”

“Everyone has stepped up,” he said. “It’s just amazing the amount of work going on and it’s not stopping.”

McManus said they do not have any leads, but agents at border crossings are also searching for the girl.

“We are hard at it. Even at this moment, they’re working the case,” he said.

Father of Lina Khil, SAPD chief say they’re ‘hopeful’ for 3-year-old’s return at prayer vigil (ksat.com)

I think she is actually 6-ish and the age got lost in translation and was further confused since they don't really do birthdays. I would imagine dealing with any type of authority or law enforcement in Afghanistan is very different from dealing with them in the States. The whole situation is likely terrifying for them.

It was heartwarming to see such community support at the vigil.

A prayer vigil was held on the fifth day after Lina Sardar Khil’s disappearance.

-DJp6eK2

https://twitter.com/KABBFOX29/status/1474466398755774471

This might explain her age and date of birth info:

"Afghanistan isn’t the only war-torn nation whose citizens have chosen Jan. 1 as a makeshift birthday. In Vietnam, Somalia and Sudan, many birth dates weren’t recorded during years of unrest and institutional upheaval. When residents applied for visas or refugee status, thousands chose the first of the year — or, in some cases, the U.S. State Department chose it for them. The department has bestowed that birthday upon more than 200,000 refugees since the Vietnam War, according to several estimates."

Why So Many Afghanis Celebrate Their Birthdays on January 1 | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

In those countries, if someone touches a child, they would believe they would be sent “to hell” so no one dares “to look at them.”
Though I do respect the person's pride in his culture, the sexual exploitation of minors in Afghanistan and nearby Pakistan has deep roots.

Afghanistan paedophile ring may be responsible for abuse of over 500 boys
'Bacha Bazi': The rampant sexual exploitation of young boys in Pakistan and Afghanistan
Child sex abuse in Pakistan's religious schools is endemic

In short, humans are humans and all human societies have criminal elements. I strongly suspect that children are no more and no less safe in the United States than they are in Afghanistan.

Though I do respect the person's pride in his culture, the sexual exploitation of minors in Afghanistan and nearby Pakistan has deep roots.

Afghanistan paedophile ring may be responsible for abuse of over 500 boys
'Bacha Bazi': The rampant sexual exploitation of young boys in Pakistan and Afghanistan
Child sex abuse in Pakistan's religious schools is endemic

In short, humans are humans and all human societies have criminal elements. I strongly suspect that children are no more and no less safe in the United States than they are in Afghanistan.

Just to add - the biggest threat to our kids isn’t the stranger in the bushes. It’s the child’s sibling, uncle, family friend, or authority figure (coach, religious leader, etc.). It’s very uncomfortable to think that your grandparent poses a bigger threat to your child - statistically - than a stranger, but appx. 95% of sexual abusers are not strangers. This is a US statistic, but I doubt there’s much variation in other countries. 12 Confronting Statistics on Child Sexual Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper