TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
257d75020e38cca40101a9fcf47ca334.jpg
evidently this is her too... I can think of a scenario where maybe there were two IDs being used... What's the backstory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, story came out today..however, I had her in my sights a few weeks ago...LOL

http://kwhi.com/no-new-leads-in-jayne-davis-disappearance-case/

I didn't do the side by side with the picture that you did...but...I have to say..WOW!

She had a 2 year old son. Story is confusing...[FONT=&quot] Jayne Davis disappeared April 30th of 1993 after telling her mother she would be traveling from her apartment in Houston to Brenham to pick up her 2 year old son from his grandmother. She has not been seen or heard from since. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The story of what transpired before and after her disappearance is both tragic and sad. Jayne lived in Brenham for only about 6 months in the early 1990’s but her parents resided in Austin County. She and her boyfriend, Steven Davis, moved to an apartment in Houston and she gave birth to a son in 1991. Shortly after their son, Johnny Clay Davis was born, Jayne and Steven Davis separated. On Halloween night, 1991, he returned to her apartment and raped her at gunpoint. Steven Davis was convicted of aggravated sexual assault and sentenced to 10 years in the Texas Department of Corrections. He entered prison in March of 1993.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Through all of this, Jayne and her son had maintained a relationship with Steven’s mother, Amy Davis in Brenham. At that time, Amy Davis ran a small business on Peabody Street and the now 2 year old Johnny was with her visiting. Jayne’s mother had given her a check for $200 to take to Brenham, because Jayne did not have a car and may need the money to get her and her son back to Houston. That check was never cashed. It’s uncertain how she traveled to Brenham, although Sheriff Hanak speculates that it was Steven’s brother, John Allen Davis, who drove her to Brenham. John Allen Davis denies this and says he didn’t speak with nor give a ride to Jayne on that day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During Steven Davis’s incarceration, Sheriff Hanak, then a Texas Ranger, went to question him at the prison. Hanak says that Steven told him he didn’t know anything about Jayne’s disappearance, and that all he was interested in doing was getting released and moving to Honduras, where his mother Amy now lived. Steven Davis was released from prison in October of 2002 and only a few weeks later, on November 17, he was hit head-on by a gravel truck in Honduras while riding a motorcycle and killed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the years following her disappearance, Jayne’s son was raised by his grandmother, Amy Davis. Jayne’s parents felt that they did not have the financial ability to fight for his custody in court. He is now 25 years old. In 2009, he was asked to give a DNA sample to help identify his mother’s remains, if they were ever located. At that time he told the investigator that his mother abandoned him and when asked if he wanted a photograph of her, he said no.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sheriff Hanak says he has long speculated that Jayne was murdered and her body buried on Amy Davis’s property on Doe Run Creek Lane near Old Washington. But without solid evidence, he never requested a search warrant. In 1997, he did ask Amy Davis for permission to search the property, and she agreed. But before Hanak could put together a search team, the property was transferred to the control of Steven and John Allen Davis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Davis family has always maintained that Jayne ran off with a boyfriend, leaving them to raise her son, and that they had nothing to do with her disappearance. No evidence of Jayne’s life has surfaced since April 30th, 1993. Hanak believes there is someone out there with information that could solve this cold case. At the time of her disappearance, Jayne Elizabeth Winship Davis was 24 years old with Brown hair, Hazel eyes, 5’ 6” and 130 lbs. She had a scar on the bridge of her nose and a birthmark on her hip and the calf of her leg.

FLEK looks like she could have that same scar on her nose in the early picture....[/FONT]

Here is another side by side....they both have gaps in the teeth, FLEK a little more...wondering with a tooth removed if that would separate more??? ...and the indentation in the chin bothers me too. BUT~~we do know that FLEK had plastic surgery right?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-Jayne Davis.jpg
    Capture-Jayne Davis.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 211
Re: the Anaheim Lori Kennedy...what is the proposed theory? That she changed her name from LK to BST and then back to LK, albeit with a presumably different social security number? Why would she choose the name of an identity she presumably was trying to get away from?

This is why the Terry Turner illegitimate daughter theory also bothers me...why would she change her name to something that makes her *easier* to identify? We know she didn't want to be identified...it's one of the few "knowns" in the case.

The resemblance between TT and LEK is so amazing that I've thought the illegitimate daughter theory since I've seen his picture. Until proven by DNA not to be so, or another final conclusion is made, it will be forever in my head! (I do continue to search). LEK may have known about the loss of TT's 3 young daughters in the fire, thus had a ready-made identity waiting when she needed it. Others in her original family may not have known about the real Becky Sue Turner or suspected LEK would do what she did. TT may not "know" she's his daughter, and didn't recognize her picture, but I sure wish he'd submit his DNA. The resemblance is uncanny.

My initial reaction was WOW. But I think they have very different ears and Jayne's chin appears to have a slight cleft.

Yeah, that was my same reaction. Timing is a little off too, but it could be possible she was using both identifications at the same time as some WS'ers have mentioned.

I don't see any resemblance to the two photos just posted. other than the hair color, I see nothing.

Oh, I forgot to mention. The boyfriend mentioned in the article lived on Jackson Street in Jacksonville Texas in 92.

I think FLEK changed her look in subtle ways each DL we see. Whether intentional or not, it makes it easy to find a pic of her that can look like many people.

Passport requirements have changed since Lori acquired her passport. But would there not be the requirement for the applicant to provide a voucher as to true identity of the applicant, one who has a passport and has known the applicant for a number of years. Then why is that information on the voucher not available to the authorities. I would appreciate a reply. Thank you in advance.

I got a passport in the early 00s. So take this for what it's worth. I have never heard of the requirement that someone applying for a passport needed a trusted individual to vouch for him/her. I only had to provide my birth certificate and a photo ID and maybe something else. Nothing that required a third party was needed.

She had three that I am positive about, & if my memory can be relied on one or two more. They are:

TexasRecruiter@consultant.com
csengineer2002@yahoo.com
studyrecruiter@verizon.net

The first & third were used for her online business. I think she had one more she used for her business.

An idle thought: I wonder if Yahoo had archived any of her emails. They may purge inactive accounts after a few years -- not to save space, but to avoid legal issues -- & even if they kept her emails, it may be more trouble than it's worth to access them.

Likelihood that CS in csengineer stands for computer science? If high, it strengthens the link to the Tredyffrin Public Library connection with my discovery it was the first computer in the 80s to have coin operated computer.

Has anyone considered Jayne Elizabeth Winship Davis? She was just entered in Namus on 07/23/2015.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This seems possible in so many ways, she DEFINITELY looks like LEK, and yet also goes against so many things that we think we know. Dates, for one.. and the fact that LEK's accent allegedly indicated she wasn't from Texas originally. But as we have been learning, the more you think you know about FLEK...the more impossible/unlikely it seems to be..

The ex husband's family thought Jayne ran away with another boyfriend. We're really not getting much insight into her and SCD's relationship, or why they broke up right after the birth of their son... I wanted to take a look at dates and see if anything lines up; like, aha! her abusive ex is getting out of prison, and so LEK does this strange thing which is now explained! Unfortunately I didn't really have that experience, I'm mostly just doubting that she was running around taking a GED test and enrolling in community college in Dallas while heavily pregnant with she and SCD's son. My conclusion is that Jayne Winship's story is fascinating and in need of exploration in its own right, but if she's LEK, her early 20's were even more hectic than we've ever imagined. And she can possibly teleport.

late 1980s
LEK has a mail drop in Boulder city, NV

June 1988
LEK gets Idaho ID as BST

July 1988
LEK changes name from BST to LEK in a Dallas court, obtains a social security number as LEK & a TX ID card.
6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

March 1984 - Feb 1989
Jayne Winship's ex, SCD, is married to his first (? before Jayne, anyway) wife in Washington, TX

April 1989
LEK obtains a TX drivers license

Sometime in the early 1990's
Jayne lives in Brenham, TX for about 6 months at some point, her parents live in New Ulm, TX. At first I wondered if maybe they weren't from TX or were originally but had lived elsewhere while Jayne was growing up (to explain, if she's LEK, her lack of accent) but while I cannot find Jayne's birth record at the moment, her brothers were born in 1962 and 1964 in TX & her father was also born in Houston, and all signs are pointing to they mostly stayed around TX in her lifetime. The older brother seems to have died young (if I'm looking at the right records - I'm only using familysearch.org, I do not have an ancestry account) and the middle brother is military.

March 1990
LEK obtains a US Passport from Houston

April 1990
LEK takes GED test in Dallas
6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079, Dallas, Texas 75231

September 1990
LEK enrolls at Dallas County Community College

October 1990
Jayne & SCD's son, JCD, is born. They are living in an apartment in Houston at this time but separate shortly after.

October 1991
SCD and Jayne are separated, but he enters her apartment and rapes her at gunpoint.

March 1992
Jayne's address is listed as a PO Box in Brenhem, TX.

March 1993
SCD goes to prison for a 10 year sentence.

February 1993
Jayne's address is listed as a PO Box in Houston.

April 1993
Jayne disappears en route from her residence in Houston to Brenhem, where she was headed to pick up her son from his paternal grandparents' home. It is a mystery how she was getting there because she did not have a car.

Ancestry gives this address for LEK: 3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155

1995 - 1998
Familysearch.org has a record that provides a Brenhem, TX address for Jayne during this time, but she was missing.

Ancestry gives these addresses for LEK:
200 Bear Creek Dr. Apt. 219, Euless, TX 76039
P.O. Box 810, Euless, Texas 76039

September 1996
LEK applies for a student loan.
PO Box 810, Euless, TX 76039 817-355-0747

October 2002
SCD released from prison

November 17 2002
SCD hit and killed by a truck in Honduras, where his parents had moved to with his and Jayne's son.

January 2004
LEK gets married.

September 2008
LEK & BR's daughter is born.

Jayne & SCD's son is asked to give a DNA sample..
In 2009, he was asked to give a DNA sample to help identify his mother’s remains, if they were ever located. At that time he told the investigator that his mother abandoned him and when asked if he wanted a photograph of her, he said no.
http://kwhi.com/sheriff-hanak-determined-to-solve-cold-case/

December 2010
LEK commits suicide

My initial reaction was WOW. But I think they have very different ears and Jayne's chin appears to have a slight cleft.
The ears are in the wrong place, fleks ears are really low down on her head, most peoples are higher.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

that's a good find but , I think the other pics of Jayne don't look anything like FLEK and it seems the " Family " might have disposed of her :(

Does anyone live in Dallas and can go view court records? I would like to know what is on her actual application for name change. She had to prove she is a resident of Dallas County and also she is Becky. We just see the judges order. Also i want to know if anyone else changed their name that day or that week, specifically a male of about the same age, with dubious documents. I would also like to see her consent form for her surgery for breast implants? Who did she list as next of kin? I am thinking, as I said, a boyfriend is behind this. He probably changed his name too.
2021230724_zps19d2ee85.jpg

Picture of the Judge's order copied from the #14 entry in the photographs file of this case, posted on 7/12/13 at 12:57 p.m. by Dionysia.

What struck me is the following sentence, "The court, having considered such application , and finding it in due form, and having heard the testimony of the applicant and being of the opinion and being satisfied from the facts alleged and proven that the applicant resides in the County of Dallas...."

I wonder if there was actual testimony from FLEK to the court, and if so what it stated. It may just have been banal and of no consequence, e.g. 'I've always loved the name Lori!' or did she actually give a reason, and if so, wouldn't that testimony have been recorded by the court reporter, is it still currently maintained, and what it said...

Anyone know any answers to this?

2021230724_zps19d2ee85.jpg

Picture of the Judge's order copied from the #14 entry in the photographs file of this case, posted on 7/12/13 at 12:57 p.m. by Dionysia.

What struck me is the following sentence, "The court, having considered such application , and finding it in due form, and having heard the testimony of the applicant and being of the opinion and being satisfied from the facts alleged and proven that the applicant resides in the County of Dallas...."

I wonder if there was actual testimony from FLEK to the court, and if so what it stated. It may just have been banal and of no consequence, e.g. 'I've always loved the name Lori!' or did she actually give a reason, and if so, wouldn't that testimony have been recorded by the court reporter, is it still currently maintained, and what it said...

Anyone know any answers to this?

I looked into the current way to change your name in texas and you do appear before the judge and testify of sorts. I assume the judge asks the questions. I want to see her original application. It has struck me that three weeks prior to her name change she is getting the Idaho ID. Seems that would be evidence that you are not a resident of Dallas.

I looked into the current way to change your name in texas and you do appear before the judge and testify of sorts. I assume the judge asks the questions. I want to see her original application. It has struck me that three weeks prior to her name change she is getting the Idaho ID. Seems that would be evidence that you are not a resident of Dallas.

Note the date of testimony.. July 5. The court would be closed on July 4th, which was a Monday that year. Interesting long weekend timing? Could show she came to TX for the long weekend and left to resume her life back in----- after the holiday?

Maybe she did not use the Idaho ID in the Dallas hearing. I am wondering if this is evidence she might have been living in Boise last as her former identity. I was thinking, why get this ID if your intent was to change your name in 3 weeks. What if she had no other id and would need it for travel either by plane or bus. She wanted her former self to end maybe in Boise or the place she was before. But to board transportation I am sure even then we showed ID. So she had to get that Idaho ID, made up a local address, she spelled wrong, and now she is a person again. Probably was staying in a motel in Idaho. Why else bother with this ID? She would not want a trail of her former self to Boise or Dallas i would think. Certainly not Dallas.

Perhaps she wasn't living in Tx from 1988 to 1990 (or even after) and therefore didn't want to get a Tx drivers license. The passport she could use ANYWHERE for employment purposes and not be tracked down by a Driver's license.

Why wouldn't she get a driver's license instead of a passport? A driver's license would have been easier to obtain and less costly. Also, why the sudden urgency to get a passport in 1990? A rush passport would have included an expedite fee in addition to the standard cost. She would also have to travel to Houston to pick up the passport. She didn't have a driver's license that we know about, so did she take a bus or did someone drive her to Houston?

Also, where did she live from 1988 to 1990? The 1988 Dallas address on the SS application is fictitious. In March, April and May of 1990 we have a sudden flurry of activity tracing her to the Melody Ln. address is Dallas. Why did she wait two years to obtain ID in TX?

Not sure where she was actually living, but Public Records Vol. 1 lists an address for her in Irving, TX in 1989:

Residence
1989 • Irving, TX
Name: Lori E Kennedy Birth date: Jul 1969 Phone Number: 355-0747 Address: 1111 W Airportfy 147, Irving 75062

(Airportfy = Airport Freeway)

To answer the other question, my guess is the obvious - that she got the passport first because that was the most important thing for her to get. If you entertain the theory that she was in hiding due to the 1988 west coast pot bust and her family's possible involvement and the trial of 23 people in the years following that, then that makes perfect sense. Her life could depend on being able to flee the country under an assumed name if needed. Having and driving a car was secondary (cabs are available for a trip to the airport); I'm sensing this was her priority.

I'm not at this stage thinking her family was illegally involved in that operation, though I suppose that is another possibility. But the relative speed and ease with which a young and inexperienced gal gets all these documents is notable.

By the way, thanks for the info upthread that the investigator in this case was not formerly FBI (sorry, can't open up another window right now to track down poster's name, but do appreciate it). If Villers is simply a SS investigator (retired?) pursuing this out of curiosity (with no one living to charge with a crime), he certainly and legally could be kept from knowing her secret if this were a witness protection case. If she's who I think she is, there are many family members still living, including military/LE types whose cover might also be compromised if her true name were known.

I got a passport in the early 00s. So take this for what it's worth. I have never heard of the requirement that someone applying for a passport needed a trusted individual to vouch for him/her. I only had to provide my birth certificate and a photo ID and maybe something else. Nothing that required a third party was needed.

When I got my first passport in the mid-1980s, one way to verify your identity -- besides a drivers' license -- was to bring a trusted individual to verify your identity. I remember this because I didn't drive at the time & I believe all I had was a birth certificate to prove who I was. I may have had my Oregon ID card, but it wasn't explicitly allowed in the instructions. So I asked a friend to come with me.

I applied for my passport at the local post office. I must have had some other plausible proof of identity because the clerk didn't even ask for my friend to verify my identity. And the application went thru without a hitch.

Amazing how much trust we had in other people all those years ago. Then again, it was much harder to get a credit card & establish a credit history back then than it is now.

Not sure where she was actually living, but Public Records Vol. 1 lists an address for her in Irving, TX in 1989:

Residence
1989 • Irving, TX
Name: Lori E Kennedy Birth date: Jul 1969 Phone Number: 355-0747 Address: 1111 W Airportfy 147, Irving 75062

(Airportfy = Airport Freeway)

To answer the other question, my guess is the obvious - that she got the passport first because that was the most important thing for her to get. If you entertain the theory that she was in hiding due to the 1988 west coast pot bust and her family's possible involvement and the trial of 23 people in the years following that, then that makes perfect sense. Her life could depend on being able to flee the country under an assumed name if needed. Having and driving a car was secondary (cabs are available for a trip to the airport); I'm sensing this was her priority.

I'm not at this stage thinking her family was illegally involved in that operation, though I suppose that is another possibility. But the relative speed and ease with which a young and inexperienced gal gets all these documents is notable.

By the way, thanks for the info upthread that the investigator in this case was not formerly FBI (sorry, can't open up another window right now to track down poster's name, but do appreciate it). If Villers is simply a SS investigator (retired?) pursuing this out of curiosity (with no one living to charge with a crime), he certainly and legally could be kept from knowing her secret if this were a witness protection case. If she's who I think she is, there are many family members still living, including military/LE types whose cover might also be compromised if her true name were known.

This is not true. The SS office has an investigation division. FLEKs case has a case number and is an official and open ongoing investigation. I never saw a post saying otherwise? The SS office has plenty of resources( actually better in some ways, just like the IRS, whom we loved to work with because tax records are a goldmine of info).. They work differently than the FBI. All agencies have their own focus. This case sits with the agency it is supposed to sit with because of the nature of the crime. This was not a personal I treat of Velling, but he did get " attached" to it as he said in his interviews.

Ps- Velling just recently retired, he was not retired before starting this case. The FBI has nothing to do with this case and it is not in their scope of investigation with the information we currently know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member