TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, another lurker here coming out of lurkerdom. I first came across Lori's story on Reddit where the poster seemed sure she was Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone. I had moved away from that idea after reading up on all of the theories here. But now after seeing it brought up again over on the newest Reddit thread I've gone back and looked at Cheryl and I can't believe how striking the resemblance is over all of the other potential matches I've seen.

When I cover Cheryl's nose and look at some of the last pictures of Lori from her business club it just hits me really hard that it's the same person with a nose job...same eyes and same little bit of double chin on the jawline from the way she holds her head.

So I guess I'm curious if Cheryl is a definite rule-out due to DNA. I'm not sure how that process works within the various databases. Is the Pennsylvania library whose number was possibly on her note page anywhere close to where Cheryl lived? Would her page come down with Lori's if this were the case? Has this situation ever occurred where two people with NAMUS pages turned out to be the same individual?

Welp, Akoya is being very cagey and evading my questions about whether she worked on this case in any official capacity. Which, to me, indicates that she did not.

Would it be worth starting a new sticky thread (if that is even possible) for breaking news so that when the Seattle Times article comes out (or any solid, credible information is released) it can be put in that thread? That way we wouldn't need to weed through this thread to find out if the Seattle Times article has been released...

I woke up this morning to pages and pages of new posts and frantically scanned them to make sure I wasn't missing any big news - it would be nice if there was a nice, clean place to look instead... Just a thought...

If someone contacted them and implied that another news org also had the info and was about to publish, that might REALLY expedite things!
Not that I advocate doing sneaky snarky things....I merely suggest them.
Well, I DID notify FoxNews, so there's that....

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

This is my new favorite for the win. I have a 2nd, but this is where my money is at now.

So we're thinking FLEK was an illegitimate child of TT's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again!

It's great to see so many new faces!

Please discuss the case and not each other. If you're here to insist that our members identify themselves, that's not going to happen.

Because Ayoka is not verified as an insider in this case, please refrain from any more discussion about what she knows and doesn't know. If that changes, we'll make an announcement.

I'm not able to stick around, so I'm going to trust you guys to let the issue go for now.

Thanks so muc!

I just got this email from CW
...Oh I guess it was posted on the thread too lol..
Then why are they allowing Akoya to post as if she's a verified insider?

Who do you think they are, lady? Websleuths??

So we're thinking FLEK was an illegitimate child of TT's?

I'm inclined to "no" but the resemblance is startling and the scenario is plausible.

Exactly. I also don't understand why they thought I was asking for identifying information; I just wanted a yes or no answer from her as to whether she was working on the case in an official capacity or not. If she had said 'yes' its not like everyone would have suddenly known her name, address, and all the secret things she writes in her diary.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

Quote from the article:

Using DNA supplied by the Ruff family, Fitzpatrick starts building a family tree for Lori, matching her DNA with blood relatives.
December 2015
Fitzpatrick identifies Lori as a member of a Philadelphia family, the Cassidys.
March 2015
Investigator Joe Velling flies to Philadelphia to meet the Cassidys.
March 2015
The Cassidys identify "Lori" as a blood relative, Kimberly McLean. Further DNA tests confirm the match.
Sept.19, 2016
Lori Ruff's name is removed from the federal database for missing and unidentified persons (NamUS.com).

Idk but they locked the thread for a few mins and now it's opened again.. this person is nuts

Kimberly McLean seems to be the name they're giving?

Longtime lurker - does the seattle times link say she is Kimberly McLean??

If Akoya was being truthful, she could be Colleen Fitzpatrick.

I guess, but the ruffs submitted DNA which is how it was solved. Not by an investigator putting together secret clues. JMO based on me quickly reading the update

This is my new favorite for the win. I have a 2nd, but this is where my money is at now.

this sudden revelation yesterday that this may all finally be over for us sleuthers has me in quite a tizzy. i never really subscribed to the theory that FLEK was a child of TT, yet i have had this side-by-side saved on my desk top since it was first posted here. i often go back to it and just stare. it is so intriguing to me, but i cannot make sense of it as a concrete theory. maddening!

when it came to the theory that she could have been a russian spy, i would give a little chuckle and then move along, never giving it any real credit. then i see this photo of the unknown young girl from the family gathering photo and i was frozen cold in my tracks. this is the first time anything has ever caught my attention, at least looks-wise, as strongly since i first saw the FLEK/TT photo. just for the heck of it i started to dip my toe into this whole "spy" theory this morning with the info provided by the user who discovered this little girl's photo. i found some interesting things that, while not proof of a connection, were very compelling. apparently the foreign spies of the time (70s and 80s in terms of FLEK's life at least) were not as exciting as portrayed on the television show The Americans. after reading accounts of these planted families and seeing things like this:

"[FONT=&amp]Soon after arriving in the US in 1978, he acquired a social security card using a birth certificate issued for Jack Philip Barsky, an American child who had died at the age of 10 in Washington" (another article, that i am having trouble locating again stated explictly that this identity was given to him BY the KGB, he did not do this himself - so, maybe our gov't doesn't do this (which is why i cannot ever understand why people want to place her in "witness protection" but it is now clear that other countries used this method, and often at that...)

and

"[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Then, in 1988, the KGB informed Barsky that he was to return home immediately because of fears that the Federal Bureau of Investigation may be closing in on him. But the spy disobeyed orders; he decided to abandon his post and continue living in the US. He lived a comfortable life in rural Pennsylvania, until 1997, when the FBI began monitoring him."

i began to consider - maybe FLEK was not the spy, but the child of one? maybe when her mother (a spy?) was ill, she on her own, or with her mother's help decided to take a page out of their playbook and create a new identity for herself as cover who she and her family really were after her mother's death? sure, it is a long shot and i am not saying this is my #1 theory as of now or anything even close. i am just saying that when researching this theory and seeing that life for these implanted persons was really much more mundane than hollywood would have us believe, it seems *possible*.

i could never really figure out what made me so interested in the case over the past few years, or why i felt a connection to this woman but i think reading everyone's thoughts since the news broke yesterday i have finally figured out what it is. there are many theories on who FLEK could have been prior to 1988. there are captivating reasons that so many people are so fired up about one theory or another. i was never in one specific boat as far as theories and i think it's because, truly, she could be anyone who has been suggested here, or anyone else for that matter. she could be you, she could be me. there is something so universal about her despite her infamous anonymity. she fits so many molds. the evidence fits so many cases. it is intriguing, it is depressing, it is astonishing at times. i am just so darn curious who this woman was because right now she is the everyman. it is simply mind-boggling that her cases is all that it is and has been so difficult to solve. no matter what else is said about her - past, present, or future - this was an incredible woman and i am sure her story is nothing less than that as well.

who are you, becky sue lori erica kennedy ruff? i would love to know you. from the bottom of my heart, i hope she is at peace.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member