Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are exactly my thoughts as well. I'm guessing a family member was supposed to have full-time custody, but several others were possibly all involved in circumventing that stipulation. I'm sure it happens all the time. It could have been that BB didn't have a say in where they were and who they were left with or not, not legally anyway.

If mom had M in her physical custody, even if allowed by aunt, mom knew she was flying out & if M was to be in the custody of another person, the mom needed to get her back to the aunt. Moo the boyfriend should not had authority over a child that is not his, imo.

I think it's definitely bio dad instead of stepdad.

From this article:

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

"Court documents said Maleah and her older brother were physically abused and neglected by Bowens and Davis In another section of the court documents, a doctor couldn't confirm whether Maleah's injuries were caused by abuse and Bowens was in parenting classes"

This is why I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. She's crying because of how she treated this poor innocent baby. The family probably allowed the boyfriend to pick the kids up to meet mom at the airport. IMO

If mom had M in her physical custody, even if allowed by aunt, mom knew she was flying out & if M was to be in the custody of another person, the mom needed to get her back to the aunt. Moo the boyfriend should not had authority over a child that is not his, imo.

I agree with that. I'm just saying that it seems there's a possibility that she shouldn't have even been in the custody of the mom - depending on the visitation schedule.
In other words, mom could have possibly had no say in where the child was supposed to be. Sounds like the court system may have put custody in the hands of someone other than DV or BB and that person may have totally/allegedly not followed the order.

This is purely hypothetical, not saying this happened or not: For instance, suppose I have full custody of a niece, mom allowed supervised visits one day/week for 6 hours or so. I feel mom should have more time and give mom 2-3 nights/week. Totally my fault that I went against the order. Decisions had been made that I was the person to best make any decisions for the child and this decision I made turned out to be a really bad one.

BREAKING: Mom, stepdad of Maleah Davis banned from contact with all their children, court rules

Breaking 5/9/19

KHOU 11 Investigates learned that CPS took temporary custody of Maleah last August after a head injury and seizure sent her to the hospital.

Maleah was living with her grandmother, mother Brittany Bowens, and Bowens’ and Vence, and was only taken to the hospital at the urging of her grandmother, who was at work at the time of Maleah's injury, according to court records uncovered by KHOU’s Cheryl Mercedes.

Doctors said the injury and explanation that she “fell off a chair” didn’t add up and they suspected abuse, records show.

Even so, a judge returned Maleah to Bowen and Vence a few months later. **bbm

The court order removing all children from Vence and Bowen’s custody is the outcome of the separate motions by grandma Brenda Bowens and the Department of Family and Protective Services. The court did not place the kids with Brenda, but are allowing her to attend sibling visits.

** ETA: I'm taking KHOU's earlier details with a grain of salt.

It was previously understood that court removed children last August, and returned them Feb 2019 under monitored custody to BB and DV, and a hearing to determine permanent custody scheduled on 5/22/19 (typical for hearing 180 days after reunited/monitored care). Technically, children are still under temp custody of DFSS until 5/22/19.

KHOU began reporting last night that that children were NOT living with parents but had supervised visits. I think that applied during Aug - Feb, and not post Feb.

Also, public records indicate intervention was filed Feb 2019 (by BB2?) for children not to be returned to BB/DV but Judge denied.

KHOU currently reporting BB2 filed intervention / no contact with BB and DV which was granted, and BB2 to attend sibling visits.

MOO

Maleah Davis: Authorities locate car 4-year-old's stepfather was driving the night she went missing - CNN

Snipped by me
"The car, a silver Nissan Altima, was found Thursday morning at a Wal-Mart in Missouri City, Texas, just outside of Sugar Land, according to Tim Miller, the director of Texas EquuSearch, a search and rescue organization.
"I think this is going to give us an idea," Miller told CNN. "They'll process it and see what clues it can give."Maleah was not in the car, Miller said."

Hearing that DV will not return Maleah's mother's calls, and he hasn't spoken to her since he first told her the 'story' of the abduction----that seals the deal for me. He was lying to her and she is not involved, in my opinion.

The pressure will be on him now, harder than ever.
I believe she has spoken to him. MOO

I am just getting caught up and shocked that they found the car unlocked at a strip mall and no signs of little M. I will be curious to see if someone moved the car since they have been searching for her. All of this rain hasn't helped, but I hope there are some good surveillance cameras in that area.

Samica Knight on Twitter
UPDATE! Maleah Davis’ mother screaming/crying asking ‘Where is Maleah? Where is my baby?’ after step-dad’s car found. Investigators searched car. Found no visible evidence inside. Nothing suspicious. No clues on Maleah’s whereabouts. https://abc13.co/2H4iwCM #MaleahDavis #houston

12:05 PM - 9 May 2019

Mireya Villarreal on Twitter
Missing car in #MaleahDavis case found in Missouri City.
Details
Car found after tip from taxi driver
Car looked normal & clean
Investigators reviewing surveillance video
PD has not spoken to step-dad since the weekend; they say he HAS NOT made himself available
D6JBdNAW0AIL4FN.jpg

12:10 PM - 9 May 2019
Snipped for brevity. Emphasis Mine.

Exactly how clean was that car ? As if it had been vacuumed and scrubbed ?
Was DV known to have kept a pristine vehicle ?

I can walk two miles in thirty four minutes at the track, but I think it would take longer carry in a oddler. Someone had to given him a ride, or a place to hide. So who ever took the car changed the tire?

Yes, if you believe there was a flat tire to begin with. But when the car was found today, all 4 tires were present and inflated, and the spare wasn't in use. So, if you believe there was a flat, it was either repaired and put back on, or another tire was put on to replace it.

These are exactly my thoughts as well. I'm guessing a family member was supposed to have full-time custody, but several others were possibly all involved in circumventing that stipulation. I'm sure it happens all the time. It could have been that BB didn't have a say in where they were and who they were left with or not, not legally anyway.

Saw a mention upthread that Maleah's older brother (not younger brother) is currently with his paternal aunt and that's where Maleah is supposed to be too. Seems likely that is the same person who has had custody since February (and isn't BB's sister, but is CD's sister). I sure wonder how involved CD has been while the kids have been with his sister.

Now I'm wondering:
1. Why was the aunt PICKING UP the children from DV at any point? Shouldn't she have had them in the first place? Could there be two different aunts involved in this custody scenario maybe?
2. Why did BB2 say she saw Maleah with BB doing laundry on Monday? Is that even true? When BB2 tearfully said "Nana misses you" to Maleah on camera (same interview when she mentioned taking her to Lake Charles as promised), how long has it really been since she has seen her in person?
3. When they first said the children were "returned" to the family in February, it sounded like that meant BB and DV's household, but now it seems to mean CD's sister or another aunt with supervised visits by BB (and CD but he did not attend them). Where were the children between August and February? Did Maleah wear her helmet all that time? Did she or her brother reveal any information to their caregivers about whether they experienced abuse or neglect beforehand then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus