Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Bowens, mother of Maleah Davis, sits down with FOX 26 to tell her side
bowens_1558036815653_7276684_ver1.0_160_90.JPG

[...]

Brittany Bowens, mother of Maleah Davis, discusses her relationship with ex-fiance Derion Vence, why Maleah was removed from the home by CPS, why she allowed Maleah to stay in Vence's care after she broke of their engagement, and more.

Watch full interview on FOX 26 at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Well, this should be an interesting show. Something always bothered me about her mother (BB2) saying she was "washing clothes" at her place on Monday, April 29th.

Justice for Maleah Davis: Did mom lie about being in apartment with missing girl before she left for airport?
Although the Texas EquuSearch team scoured through remote areas in Rosharon, Texas, hoping to find 4-year-old Maleah Davis, they suspended their search Wednesday evening after failing to find anything substantial. Meanwhile, the founder of the search team is questioning whether Maleah’s mother was in her apartment with the girl before leaving for the airport.

[...]

“I was in a helicopter. We flew that whole route,” Miller said. “What I was looking for her, of course was her little body or if he burned little Maleah….When he left that apartment he had a blue clothes basket and a trash bag and, inside of the vehicle was a brand new gas can with just a smidget of gas in the bottom of it.

Miller also touched on Bowens and her flight to Massachusetts on April 30, the last day Maleah was seen on security footage at a Houston apartment complex. According to Miller, Maleah was dropped off at daycare during the early morning hours of April 30, yet for some reason was brought back to the apartment. Security footage captured the little girl walking toward her apartment with Vence at around 7:45 a.m.

“Supposedly the children were taken to daycare that morning, but then Maleah… apparently she (Bowens) brought her back and she (Maleah) was apparently in the apartment for like an hour and a half before mom left. But she says she doesn’t ever remember seeing her in the apartment. So, you know, who’s telling the truth and who’s lying? I think she’s lying and I think he’s lying.

[...]

ETA: Nancy Grace's podcast is linked in the article.

"“Supposedly the children were taken to daycare that morning, but then Maleah… apparently she (Bowens) brought her back and she (Maleah) was apparently in the apartment for like an hour and a half before mom left. But she says she doesn’t ever remember seeing her in the apartment. So, you know, who’s telling the truth and who’s lying? I think she’s lying and I think he’s lying.”

This quote is not attributed to anybody. Typical Nancy Grace, they are not very good at saying who said what. Waa it law enforcement quote, was it X, was it BB? was it Tim quote or am I misreading this and not saying it correctly to know who the quote is from.

:):):)

Maleah Davis: Inside the ‘nightmare’ jail where mom’s boyfriend is held, as little girl remains missing for weeks
It’s been called a nightmare by a local attorney and “unsafe and unhealthy” by Senator John Whitmire. Apparently, the man suspected of involvement in the disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis is currently housed in a jail that’s no picnic, even for the most hardened criminals.

[...]

Vence is housed on the sixth floor at the jail, which according to Chron, houses “some of the jail’s most dangerous inmates.” He’s currently at the “JA07” location, off of N. San Jacinto in downtown Houston. It’s one of the largest jails in the nation, housing over 9,000 inmates.

[...]

Visitation takes place in the lobby of the jail, but some inmates at the San Jacinto location also have the option of “off-site” visitation, at $5.99 per visitation. Off-site visitation allows inmates to talk to visitors who never have to leave home. Instead, they can talk via a webcam to the inmate.

[...]

Vence has access to phones inside the pod he’s assigned to, but his calls are monitored and come with steep collect call fees. He has no access to his own television, but shares a single television unit in the dayroom of his cell block, with numerous other inmates.

Harris-County-Jail.jpg

“Dirt like this gutter’s all over the floor — and feces, another man’s ****, on the floor,” inmate “Robert” told the outlet.

Other inmates said the showers had mildew, the smell was overwhelming, and at one point, the jail was so overcrowded that “kicking people in the head” was an easy way to wake someone up. The jail is currently working on its goals to decrease overcrowding.

Vence, along with most other inmates, eats in the cafeteria of the jail, located on the first floor. The food is substandard at best, typical of most jails, but the meals were reportedly so poor at the Harris County jail that in 2018, it failed a health inspection.

[...]

Harris County jail at one point had one of the “worst sexual assault rates in the country.”

[...]

Thank you for posting this @PommyMommy.

I'm sure the "nightmare" DV is experiencing is nothing like the nightmare sweet little Maleah endured during her life. I hope he's getting the full experience 24/7.

Justice for Maleah Davis: Did mom lie about being in apartment with missing girl before she left for airport?
Although the Texas EquuSearch team scoured through remote areas in Rosharon, Texas, hoping to find 4-year-old Maleah Davis, they suspended their search Wednesday evening after failing to find anything substantial. Meanwhile, the founder of the search team is questioning whether Maleah’s mother was in her apartment with the girl before leaving for the airport.

[...]

“I was in a helicopter. We flew that whole route,” Miller said. “What I was looking for her, of course was her little body or if he burned little Maleah….When he left that apartment he had a blue clothes basket and a trash bag and, inside of the vehicle was a brand new gas can with just a smidget of gas in the bottom of it.

Miller also touched on Bowens and her flight to Massachusetts on April 30, the last day Maleah was seen on security footage at a Houston apartment complex. According to Miller, Maleah was dropped off at daycare during the early morning hours of April 30, yet for some reason was brought back to the apartment. Security footage captured the little girl walking toward her apartment with Vence at around 7:45 a.m.

“Supposedly the children were taken to daycare that morning, but then Maleah… apparently she (Bowens) brought her back and she (Maleah) was apparently in the apartment for like an hour and a half before mom left. But she says she doesn’t ever remember seeing her in the apartment. So, you know, who’s telling the truth and who’s lying? I think she’s lying and I think he’s lying.

[...]

BIBM

I tend to agree with his line of thinking.

[...]

[...]

Nancy Grace usually does not have original information these days. I still question the veracity of the comment of a smidget. I don't think Tim said it's midget. I don't think law enforcement said it's midget. I'm discounting Nancy, as I usually do most often after I have seen her years and years without having a basis and misinterpreting things. I would not add this to the timeline. M o o.

"“I was in a helicopter. We flew that whole route,” Miller said. “What I was looking for her, of course was her little body or if he burned little Maleah….When he left that apartment he had a blue clothes basket and a trash bag and, inside of the vehicle was a brand new gas can with just a smidget of gas in the bottom of it. "

"“Supposedly the children were taken to daycare that morning, but then Maleah… apparently she (Bowens) brought her back and she (Maleah) was apparently in the apartment for like an hour and a half before mom left. But she says she doesn’t ever remember seeing her in the apartment. So, you know, who’s telling the truth and who’s lying? I think she’s lying and I think he’s lying.”

This quote is not attributed to anybody. Typical Nancy Grace, they are not very good at saying who said what. Waa it law enforcement quote, was it X, was it BB? was it Tim quote or am I misreading this and not saying it correctly to know who the quote is from.
Exactly, and this is the reason I'm currently listening to NG. And NOT happy about it, lol! :p MOO
Nancy Grace usually does not have original information these days. I still question the veracity of the comment of a smidget. I don't think Tim said it's midget. I don't think law enforcement said it's midget. I'm discounting Nancy, as I usually do most often after I have seen her years and years without having a basis and misinterpreting things. I would not add this to the timeline. M o o.

"“I was in a helicopter. We flew that whole route,” Miller said. “What I was looking for her, of course was her little body or if he burned little Maleah….When he left that apartment he had a blue clothes basket and a trash bag and, inside of the vehicle was a brand new gas can with just a smidget of gas in the bottom of it. "
Same. Trying to get to the bottom of it now... MOO

Maleah Davis case: What we know and what we don't know
Reporter Sophia Beausoleil participated in a live chat Wednesday afternoon to answer your questions.

Here are the questions we have been able to answer:
Q: If there were allegations of abuse, why was Maleah returned to her mother?
A: During recent court hearings, CPS documents reveal the goal was to reunite Maleah and her brother with their mother, Brittany Bowens. The documents state a doctor could not confirm whether or not the injuries were caused by abuse. The court ordered a "monitored return" of Maleah and her brother to Bowens in February 2019. Read more about Maleah's CPS history here.

[...]

Q: Stepfather vs ex-fiance?
A: Derion Vence is Bowen's ex-fiance, but KPRC2 continues to refer to Vence at Maleah's stepfather because law enforcement is referring to him with that title. Vence is charged in connection with the case.

[...]

Here are the questions that remain unanswered:
Q: When did Bowens leave and return to town?
A: Investigators have only said Bowens took a flight out of town on April 30. No time has been given. There are many questions into the time frame of her trip, but investigators have not revealed additional details. Here's a timeline we compiled of the case.

Q: Who dropped Vence off at the hospital?
A: Police have not said. They are searching for the person(s) who dropped him off in order to question them, but police have not said if they know who that person is. Here's more about the surveillance photos.

[...]

Do you have more questions? Leave them in the comments below.

Do we know who took BB to the airport? And why haven't the posted surveillance of her leaving the apartment for the airport? Wouldn't this clear the timing up immediately? I typically like to give mothers the benefit of the doubt but I've just lost all patience with BB. It's possible she brought BB back to the apartment if she was irritable at daycare or sad about her mom leaving town, maybe to spend extra time before leaving? And (all speculation) maybe something happened in another room with MD and DV and BB did not lay eyes on her before she actually left. That's my benefit of the doubt side talking again. But in my household/extended family if someone is leaving for an extended time like a long trip everyone says goodbye to everyone individually. I hope she does not stick to this claim of not knowing she was in the house or not seeing her before she left. They live in an apartment at that, there's not that much square footage and nooks and crannies or spare rooms to hide and dodge someone within their own home.

Maleah Davis case: What we know and what we don't know
Reporter Sophia Beausoleil participated in a live chat Wednesday afternoon to answer your questions.

Here are the questions we have been able to answer:
Q: If there were allegations of abuse, why was Maleah returned to her mother?
A: During recent court hearings, CPS documents reveal the goal was to reunite Maleah and her brother with their mother, Brittany Bowens. The documents state a doctor could not confirm whether or not the injuries were caused by abuse. The court ordered a "monitored return" of Maleah and her brother to Bowens in February 2019. Read more about Maleah's CPS history here.

[...]

Q: Stepfather vs ex-fiance?
A: Derion Vence is Bowen's ex-fiance, but KPRC2 continues to refer to Vence at Maleah's stepfather because law enforcement is referring to him with that title. Vence is charged in connection with the case.

[...]

Here are the questions that remain unanswered:
Q: When did Bowens leave and return to town?
A: Investigators have only said Bowens took a flight out of town on April 30. No time has been given. There are many questions into the time frame of her trip, but investigators have not revealed additional details. Here's a timeline we compiled of the case.

Q: Who dropped Vence off at the hospital?
A: Police have not said. They are searching for the person(s) who dropped him off in order to question them, but police have not said if they know who that person is. Here's more about the surveillance photos.

[...]

Do you have more questions? Leave them in the comments below.
Thank you for posting this, I'm at work right now and cannot listen to the audio.

Finally it's out that BB was home with Maleah! That felt like forever I've been sitting on my hands and not blurt it out. I did my best at subtlety for a person who isn't very subtle. :D

A question I have is who else was in the apartment in the week that Maleah went missing? The security footage will hopefully provide answers to LE. And us eventually.

Still listening...:eek:o_O

Dr. Daniel Bober - Blood could be just someone shaving their legs or scraping their knee but if it's actually human tissue, that means...

Nancy interrupts - IT'S A 4-YEAR-OLD GIRL, DR. BOBER! Dr. Bober, do you have children?

Dr Bober - No ma'am, I don't.

Nancy - Okay well, let me just tell you something. The day that you do have children? Your 4-year-old little girl will not be shaving her legs. I don't think, anyway.

:eek::confused:o_O:oops:

Not giving these parents any medals here ... but maybe she was just posing for the picture like that - my daughter from early on used to climb in the car and buckle up like a "big girl" just like that and I am sure I even have pictures of her like that but I sure as heck have never driven without her properly secured in an appropriate care seat.

*I sure would hate my parenting skills and my love for my child to be judged based on random pictures shown out of context.

nope & it was not a one-time thing only
if you peruse any FB pages, there are other pictures of her & other kids in the back seat of a car with just a loose seatbelt on

EXCLUSIVE: Brittany Bowens, mother of Maleah Davis, sits down with FOX 26 to tell her side
bowens_1558036815653_7276684_ver1.0_160_90.JPG

[...]

Brittany Bowens, mother of Maleah Davis, discusses her relationship with ex-fiance Derion Vence, why Maleah was removed from the home by CPS, why she allowed Maleah to stay in Vence's care after she broke of their engagement, and more.

Watch full interview on FOX 26 at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Thanks @PommyMommy this just popped up on my FB feed and I rushed over here to link it but you are one step ahead. Keep rocking the links!

Finally it's out that BB was home with Maleah! That felt like forever I've been sitting on my hands and not blurt it out. I did my best at subtlety for a person who isn't very subtle. :D

A question I have is who else was in the apartment in the week that Maleah went missing? The security footage will hopefully provide answers to LE. And us eventually.

Why do you think someone else was there that week? Just curious. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers