Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Why have an I-phone then?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree. But some folks just aren't into technologies like most of us, I guess. Me, I have everything electronic.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Yes, thanks, Razz. My question was a bit more specific wrt the blood being a trail of blood drops (a concerning amount) or if it was a different pattern. (spattered in larger areas on the floor as opposed to just drops).

The question may be too sensitive, and if so, I completely understand.
I wonder if we haven't bombarded her with too many questions. I tend to rapid fire them, think about it and then rapid fire again. Probably not a good thing when she doesn't have 1st hand knowledge.

But I think your question is a good one. I'd include what you described
to me in your question to her.

You can use it without an ID, but you can't backup anything up, or update apps.

Can you? I've had an iPhone for about 10 years and I thought you can't but thinking about it, on set up maybe when it gets to that part you can skip. I'm sure you didn't used to be able to though.

LE should be able to get details from Apple on the phone number though surely

Yes, thanks, Razz. My question was a bit more specific wrt the blood being a trail of blood drops (a concerning amount) or if it was a different pattern. (spattered in larger areas on the floor as opposed to just drops).

The question may be too sensitive, and if so, I completely understand.

I believe once before she described it as a trail but that ended before it got to the door and did not go through the doorway.

I'll see if I can get a better answer for you, along with the time she left for work.

Thank you! I'm just trying to picture all the parts of the day and night that we can know about for sure. Then start trying to fill in the blanks.

I just switched from Android to iPhone, and would never think of not having a way to backup something using either type of technology. But I posed that question to a law enforcement source who specializes in digital media forensics, and that's the answer he gave me. "You can use it without an Apple ID, but you can't backup anything, and you can't update or download apps. All your contacts are saved directly to the phone, not a cloud." But personally, I wouldn't know from experience. 🤷🏻*♀️

Ok. He has wireless. So does that mean he can only use it at home?

If he's out and about, would he be able to contact anyone out of his wireless range?

I have Spectrum (wireless) and TMobile for my cell phone. It switches to wireless at home but when out and about it switches to T-Mobile. When anyone tries to call my landline, I don't answer it but the caller's name shows up on the screen. There is also a caller log on the tv so I guess I could check that to see who has tried to call me via my landline. Is this something that could be checked. Does anyone know?

Can you? I've had an iPhone for about 10 years and I thought you can't but thinking about it, on set up maybe when it gets to that part you can skip. I'm sure you didn't used to be able to though.

LE should be able to get details from Apple on the phone number though surely

Yes. They definitely can.

Ok. He has wireless. So does that mean he can only use it at home?

If he's out and about, would he be able to contact anyone out of his wireless range?

I have Spectrum (wireless) and TMobile for my cell phone. It switches to wireless at home but when out and about it switches to T-Mobile. When anyone tries to call my landline, I don't answer it but the caller's name shows up on the screen. There is also a caller log on the tv so I guess I could check that to see who has tried to call me via my landline. Is this something that could be checked. Does anyone know?

You're talking about wifi calling? Not all phones/carriers have that feature. T-Mobile offers it on certain model phones, and the iPhone that I have does it (An unlocked 6s that can be used with any carrier. I have Verizon service for data.). When I'm on a wifi network, it transfers to wifi calling. When I'm away from it, my data plan allows me to have service.

I have unlimited data for calls, and I'm on wifi at home. I've never looked to see if the wifi calls are logged. I get my phone bill as an email link, and I haven't looked at the itemized history in a couple of years (at least that long). Both types of calls come in the same way on my phone. This is just my own personal experience.

So, I'm guessing he was able to call and text wherever he was.

You can not set up an iPhone without creating an ID. Did he have any type of apps at all on his phone? If so, then an Apple ID exists and that is huge! If you can some how get the id you can log in to any apple product and all his messages that were on his phone will immediately download to that device EVEN if he didn't use cloud. Also, did he have a gmail or google account? If he uses gmail then login in to it will let you easily access his locations for the last year all the way up to when the phone went dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pmerle00, I am so sorry for everything that you and your family are going through. I cannot even imagine the pain you must be in. It really bothers me that there appear to have been no media reports on "PaPaw"'s disappearance for the last couple of weeks. He obviously has done so much for so many over the years, and he, you and your family deserve better.

At first, after reading articles such as the ones below (all BBM):
"[Sheriff] Meeks stressed, they found no sign of a struggle, but the blood found on the floor and on a wooden rod keep them from ruling out foul play."
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/03/22/new-search-for-michael-chambers-comes-up-short/

"Several drops of blood could be seen in Michael's shed on the property."
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-retired-firefighter-michael-chambers-n736021

""One theory is that he injured himself inside the shop and wandered off, that's why we're conducting all these searches,' said Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks.

Investigators tell NBC 5 that on the day Chambers was reported missing that a blood trail was discovered in the work shed on his Quinlan property.

'It wasn't enough blood for it to be a fatal blow. It was like if you cut your finger pretty good, and then it looked like he walked back to the back of the shop towards the door,' Meeks said."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...ighter-Getting-Close-Officials-416805783.html

I theorized, like Sheriff Meeks, that PaPaw might have injured himself, left to get help from someone -maybe a neighbor- through the door, just randomly getting some blood on the wooden rod in the process. I also assumed that there was a continuing blood trail outside the doorway, and that perhaps the searchers were following that path. However, based on the information you have shared with us -which has been extremely helpful, by the way-, the blood trail stops inside the door (all RBBM):
"The blood was not outside the shed, but inside - leading towards the door."

"No blood on any doorknobs. No blood outside that I know of."

So right now, I am really stuck on the question of how PaPaw was able to leave the shed, without leaving any blood once outside. Both very long shots, but a couple of possibilities I've thought of are that maybe he grabbed a towel or a rag, or that being a former firefighter, he happened to have a tourniquet in the shop, and was able to use it to stop the bleeding at least temporarily.

But then, you have also shared with us:
"I'm still looking into the deadbolt piece. The garage doors are a possibility for exit, but not likely given certain non-public details of the scene. (sorry, I'm as frustrated as y'all are with not being able to share info)"

"They have multiple keys. Not 100% sure, but I think one is on her car keys as well."

"There is a concerning amount, but not a fatal amount. There is a sink, but the blood trail leads to the door, not the bathroom."

"NOT normal for him to lock the shop while in the shop .
The shop was locked when his wife came home. As was the house. Garage door down. Vehicles all locked."

It seems to me if PaPaw had injured himself badly enough to go seek help, he wouldn't have taken the time to lock the shop. He likely would have had the garage door up if he had been working on something in there, which would mean he would have closed the garage door before leaving, too (either manually, via a switch inside the shop or with a garage door opener ... was his opener found in his vehicle? ... but all vehicles were locked, with his keys in their usual place inside the shop).

If it turns out that the deadbolt on the door was engaged, then either PaPaw locked the deadbolt himself (though again, all of his keys were found in their usual place inside the shop), or possibly someone with access to one of the multiple copies. Or -again, both long shots- someone engaged the deadbolt from the inside first and then either closed the garage door manually, or had access to an extra key to PaPaw's vehicle, unlocked it, used his garage door opener to close the door, and then locked the vehicle with the extra key).

Only if you can answer ...: Is there any way to open the garage door from the outside? Any evidence someone tried to? I had no idea, but according to the article below, apparently, it can be done fairly easily:
http://www.news4jax.com/community/thief-can-open-your-garage-door-in-6-seconds

I am assuming there is no outside keypad door lock.

ETA: I am so sorry this post is so long. I just wanted to make sure I had all the facts right. I'm really having a hard time understanding the logistics with regard to PaPaw's exit from the shop. There probably is a simple explanation to it that I'm missing.

One more thing, and it has to do with PaPaw's missing driver's license.

I live in Michigan, where whenever you renew your license, you are required to provide your signature -I cannot remember if you sign on a piece of paper, or on a tablet screen or something-, which in turn is shown on your license.

I'm not sure if that's the case in Texas, but if so, is it possible someone was trying to forge PaPaw's signature?

A rogue life insurance agent, making him/herself the beneficiary?

Someone trying to take out a loan in his name?

A fraudulent tax return in PaPaw's name only, having a refund check mailed to a P.O. Box using fictitious information? I haven't filed a paper tax return in about fifteen years, but I would think you still have to sign your return unless filed electronically ...?

I am so sorry for even suggesting these scenarios ... and I do think all of the above are extremely unlikely in that any of them would raise an immediate red flag. I just wanted to make sure the investigators are looking at any and all possibilities ....

Family and media have been quiet for a couple of days. Of course it's Good Friday, so it's not completely surprising, however I wonder if LE has made some headway behind the scenes and everyone is waiting to see what develops.

My thoughts are with the Chambers family and friends on this Easter weekend. Stay strong.

:grouphug:

Maybe the blood found is coincidental to the actual disappearance. Could it be possible he was working, cut himself, grabbed a rag and wrapped the area right before an intruder showed, someone knocked or a car pulled up . I feel like he was going somewhere willingly to begin with, or the whole property would not have been locked down tight. If he needed to leave for whatever reason that explains why he locked the workshop after he exited. This is all mind blowing.

Maybe the blood found is coincidental to the actual disappearance. Could it be possible he was working, cut himself, grabbed a rag and wrapped the area right before an intruder showed, someone knocked or a car pulled up . I feel like he was going somewhere willingly to begin with, or the whole property would not have been locked down tight. If he needed to leave for whatever reason that explains why he locked the workshop after he exited. This is all mind blowing.

No disrespect to the Chambers family is meant here, but I strongly feel like this situation is tied to someone that he trusted and/or knew. Family member, friend, neighbor, etc. You bring up some very valid points.

RBBM.

Some very good points.

I wonder if LE would be able to tell if the blood was only hours old (i.e., between around 12 PM and 6 or 7 PM on the day PaPaw disappeared) or from an unrelated, earlier injury.

No sign of struggle found, according to LE.

The only items missing are cash, cell phone and his driver's license. I don't think we know if his hat was found in the garage. And I don't think we know what Papaw might have been wearing when he went missing, either ...? I don't know why I didn't realize this until now, but find it rather unusual for this information to be missing. Anything missing from his closet?

Personally, I think if PaPaw went anywhere willingly -unless due to an emergency-, he would have put his hat on.

Could he have run into someone that morning -while at Wal-Mart or elsewhere- who invited him out to lunch? The person tells PaPaw they will pick him up from home at, say, noon; since they are only going out to lunch and he isn't the one driving, PaPaw doesn't bother to take his wallet or keys with him, only taking cash and his phone, so that family and friends can still reach him. But then that still doesn't explain why the driver's license is missing ... :thinking:.

RBBM.

Some very good points.

I wonder if LE would be able to tell if the blood was only hours old (i.e., between around 12 PM and 6 or 7 PM on the day PaPaw disappeared) or from an unrelated, earlier injury.

No sign of struggle found, according to LE.

The only items missing are cash, cell phone and his driver's license. I don't think we know if his hat was found in the garage. And I don't think we know what Papaw might have been wearing when he went missing, either ...? I don't know why I didn't realize this until now, but find it rather unusual for this information to be missing. Anything missing from his closet?

Personally, I think if PaPaw went anywhere willingly -unless due to an emergency-, he would have put his hat on.

Could he have run into someone that morning -while at Wal-Mart or elsewhere- who invited him out to lunch? The person tells PaPaw they will pick him up from home at, say, noon; since they are only going out to lunch and he isn't the one driving, PaPaw doesn't bother to take his wallet with him, only taking cash and his phone, so that family and friends can still reach him. But then that still doesn't explain why the driver's license is missing ... :thinking:.

I wish we had information on what he wore, if he changed clothes, his hat ect. Also, the towel count is important too. He had to have used something to put on his wound b fore leaving the shop or the blood trail would go everywhere. I'm just thinking too.

With only those few items along with MC, think about what you would do with those few items? Usually if you're just running to a store you wouldn't necessarily need your DL unless you're buying beer or alcohol, & yes even at his age they may card him just because, but why remove the money & DL from wallet instead of just take your entire wallet.
If you're maybe gonna go with a friend somewhere you wouldn't really need your DL since you're not driving, but may need money in case you stop & grab lunch or something.
Idk, other than that you'd need an ID for: getting money from the bank, cashing a check, buying cigs/alcohol, buying behind the counter meds or picking up certain prescriptions.
So for me, I feel he had to have thought it was going to be a quick trip there & back or he was going to go somewhere with someone he knew, or at least an acquaintance, but at some point they bonked him over the head & took the few items that are missing & left him somewhere no where close to his house. I mean there are only so many scenarios that would work.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

With only those few items along with MC, think about what you would do with those few items? Usually if you're just running to a store you wouldn't necessarily need your DL unless you're buying beer or alcohol, & yes even at his age they may card him just because, but why remove the money & DL from wallet instead of just take your entire wallet.
If you're maybe gonna go with a friend somewhere you wouldn't really need your DL since you're not driving, but may need money in case you stop & grab lunch or something.
Idk, other than that you'd need an ID for: getting money from the bank, cashing a check, buying cigs/alcohol, buying behind the counter meds or picking up certain prescriptions.
So for me, I feel he had to have thought it was going to be a quick trip there & back or he was going to go somewhere with someone he knew, or at least an acquaintance, but at some point they bonked him over the head & took the few items that are missing & left him somewhere no where close to his house. I mean there are only so many scenarios that would work.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

Did he drink? At all? Asking because what if someone stopped by and asked him if he wanted to go have a beer at a local place? I don't know why you wouldn't take your entire wallet, but different people do different things. Just thinking of reasons why his DL would be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member