Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel that Michael is close to home, I think if he was abducted there would be signs of a scuffle not all this neatness and locked doors and leaving wallet behind, do we know if he put his change from purchasing makeup in his wallet or pocket? I don't think a perp. would be interested in a few dollars. Maybe he was angry about something and slammed the dowel rod down causing an injury, if perp. was using just a dowel as a weapon I think it would be likely that Michael would have fought back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What if MC was caught by surprise and he used the dowel rod as a weapon, but was cut by someone and dropped the dowel where it was found. I'm wondering if his (MC's) footprint may have been in the blood or that it looked like he may have fallen down. If that was the case, it would certainly have taken 2 people to get him in a car.

I wonder if he was dragged somewhere near and left there until the perp could find someone to help him remove MC. (Maybe the area where the dogs alerted on.)

If that did happen, they would need to remove him soon because his wife would be home sometime and would call the police.

But who and why would anyone take a chance like that? Why did the perp go there in the 1st place?

To talk something over w/Pawpa
and things didn't go well and he
was harmed unexpectedly?
Someone he knew which is
why he had to be murdered?
And someone who knew how he
closed up his shop.

And again the dog. Did he usually take the dog outside with him. Was the dog protective in any way?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

All good thoughts everyone. I'm quietly lurking in the background and admit I am totally baffled as to what happened to MC. I sure wish we'd get some answers soon - can only imagine how the family feels at this point.

I haven't followed this case much, but I've seen some references about the wallet. I do this a lot when I go to meet someone to buy something. I'll take whatever cash and my Id and leave my wallet with credit cards and bank cards at home or locked in the car. I do this so if something ever happened they couldn't use leverage against me. It's here's all I got, I don't have wallet. Maybe he thought along those lines?

My impression is that pawpa injured himself . The dowel could have been bloodied by using it to tighten a makeshift tournequit . Discarded once bleeding under control. He may have grabbed his dl in order to provide id. At medical clinic or hospital. Not wanting to take wallet as it could get misplaced in medical setting. He locked door behind him then realized he had left keys inside . So headed out walking. His cell phone could have been dropped and broken by accident so he picked it up and put in his pocket.

I'm confused with everyone else. It seems to me that if someone hurt him, it was someone he knew, and he left willingly. That would explain things being so neat. But it doesn't explain the blood. So he hurt himself, and that person happened to pick him up right then? I guess it's possible. Or he hurt himself and went to the house to get the injury cleaned up and was planning to come back to the blood, but he was intercepted?

I'm really not convinced he left on his own. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I haven't followed this case much, but I've seen some references about the wallet. I do this a lot when I go to meet someone to buy something. I'll take whatever cash and my Id and leave my wallet with credit cards and bank cards at home or locked in the car. I do this so if something ever happened they couldn't use leverage against me. It's here's all I got, I don't have wallet. Maybe he thought along those lines?

I do this, too. HOWEVER...it seems like Papaw was a creature of habit, plus nothing about that day seemed to indicate that he felt he was in trouble (until it was too late, that is).

All these theories are as good as any, I think. Keep the ideas coming. Maybe something will click.

I'm confused with everyone else. It seems to me that if someone hurt him, it was someone he knew, and he left willingly. That would explain things being so neat. But it doesn't explain the blood. So he hurt himself, and that person happened to pick him up right then? I guess it's possible. Or he hurt himself and went to the house to get the injury cleaned up and was planning to come back to the blood, but he was intercepted?

I'm really not convinced he left on his own. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to wonder if the blood and dowel aren't from a previous mishap. Even from earlier that day, or a day or too before.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Lake Tawakoni is very close, and there's lots of water in the area - creeks, ponds, etc. The game warden has been checking those, and LE had a drone check shorelines of the lake.

He isn't a fisherman that I know of - he did some charter fishing on the coast, but I've not known him to just go fishing for the day locally. I will ask about the fishing equipment though.

Post #353 Regarding if he ever goes fishing

Post #353 Regarding if he ever goes fishing

I just wondered if someone had dropped by and invited him to go fishing and that's why he left his wallet and keys behind.

Was he on any prescriptions? Sorry if this has been asked, but I forgot the answer. I seem to recall blood pressure meds. Anything else? Any pain meds? Here you have to have a photo ID to pick your own prescriptions (some, not all), Was he on any meds that someone would want? Although I cant see one Rx being a reason to kidnap or kill someone, but I'm just throwing it out there.

It is just so puzzling and disturbing.

I think someone he knew approached him, otherwise there'd be signs of a struggle. No signs of forced entry. Someone knew the door to the shed was unlocked. (?)

From everything I've read, he doesn't seem the type to simply leave and put his family through this. I know I don't know him, but it doesn't feel like suicide. Plus, if so, wouldn't he have been found by now?

I just wondered if someone had dropped by and invited him to go fishing and that's why he left his wallet and keys behind.

And his fishing license. But I still think it'd be just as easy for him to grab his wallet versus digging out just his DL & fishing license, it would've been easier to carry/store inside his wallet too.

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

Just got through reading the entire thread and this is all JMO on what I think happened.

My theory is just a theory. The theory doesnt end well so sorry to the family member that is so kind to join us here. Just trying to give my honest opinion on what I think happened based on what little we do know.
Ill try to list why I think things went down this way.

I think some fairly local teenagers or early 20 year olds had broken into his shed. I think they live pretty close by and got there on foot that day. I think they were roaming around looking to break into places and just happened upon his shed.

I think they had not been in the shed very long and I think he came home unexpectedly for them and they panicked and felt trapped in the shed and were too afraid to make a run for it.

They may have hoped he would leave again and as they were planning out how they were going to make their escape then he came out to the shed and one of the perps really panicked and decided to use a weapon on him and clubbed him with something as soon as he got in the door. I think they used a very heavy or hard object like a 2 X 4 that knocked him out and also opened up a cut on his head or on his arm or hand as he may have tried to self defend.

I think whatever they hit him with was so forceful that they thought they killed him with that first blow and they may have. It did knock him unconscious and so they panicked and decided to drag him into the woods and tried to get him as far away from the shed as they could.

Since I suspect they did not live all that far I think they may have went home first and came back after dark and when they came back they realized he did die and so they drug him even further away and this time they brought a shovel and buried him and then put leaves over the area to disguise the freshly dug hole they used to bury him.

I think they then went back to their home(s) and have kept quiet this entire time.

The reason i think the perps were somewhat local is I think they came upon the shed on foot and I dont think they drove there. I guess it could have been someone that drove up there but if it would have been a driving criminal then I think they would have chosen the house instead of the shed to break into.

I think once the perps realized what they had done they were more worried about hiding the body than stealing anything else from the house or shed.

I think searching all the nearby wooded areas within a mile to two miles would be worth a try if something like this theory happened.

Anyway just wanted to give my theory on what I think may have happened. Sorry its such a bad news theory but the blood and the way he disappeared really has me thinking something terrible like this is what may have happened.

I think the blood evidence is a big sign that something violent occurred by someone who was up to no good and was in that shed when they were not supposed to be. Criminals do terrible things and they can panic and create a worse crime than what they originally planned. If they were trying to make sure there were no witnesses to them breaking in then they may have had that motive in using a weapon of some sort.

Even if the nearby woods was already searched once I think it would be a good idea to search again because it is very easy to miss things when searching woods. By now there may be odor smell that could help find him if the criminals killed him and did not bury him deep enough.

If he is found somewhat close by like I think he maybe then I would look to any late age teens or early 20 year olds living fairly close by. People that you dont think would do such a thing sometimes end being involved. Nobody wants to think their sons would ever be involved in things like this and so nobody would want to suspect their own kids if they live nearby.

Just got through reading the entire thread and this is all JMO on what I think happened.

My theory is just a theory. The theory doesnt end well so sorry to the family member that is so kind to join us here. Just trying to give my honest opinion on what I think happened based on what little we do know.

I think some fairly local teenagers or early 20 year olds had broken into his shed. I think they live pretty close by and got there on foot that day. I think they were roaming around looking to break into places and just happened upon his shed.

I think they had not been in the shed very long and I think he came home unexpectedly for them and they panicked and felt trapped in the shed and were too afraid to make a run for it.

They may have hoped he would leave again and as they were planning out how they were going to make their escape then he came out to the shed and one of the perps really panicked and decided to use a weapon on him and clubbed him with something as soon as he got in the door. I think they used a very heavy or hard object like a 2 X 4 that knocked him out and also opened up a cut on his head or on his arm or hand as he may have tried to self defend.

I think whatever they hit him with was so forceful that they thought they killed him with that first blow and they may have. It did knock him unconscious and so they panicked and decided to drag him into the woods and tried to get him as far away from the shed as they could.

Since I suspect they did not live all that far I think they may have went home first and came back after dark and when they came back they realized he did die and so they drug him even further away and this time they brought a shovel and buried him and then put leaves over the area to disguise the freshly dug hole they used to bury him.

I think they then went back to their home(s) and have kept quiet this entire time.

The reason i think the perps were somewhat local is I think they came upon the shed on foot and I dont think they drove there. I guess it could have been someone that drove up there but if it would have been a driving criminal then I think they would have chosen the house instead of the shed to break into.

I think once the perps realized what they had done they were more worried about hiding the body than stealing anything else from the house or shed.

I think searching all the nearby wooded areas within a mile to two miles would be worth a try if something like this theory happened.

Anyway just wanted to give my theory on what I think may have happened. Sorry its such a bad news theory but the blood and the way he disappeared really has me thinking something terrible like this is what may have happened.

I think the blood evidence is a big sign that something violent occurred by someone who was up to no good and was in that shed when they were not supposed to be. Criminals do terrible things and they can panic and create a worse crime than what they originally planned. If they were trying to make sure there were no witnesses to them breaking in then they may have had that motive in using a weapon of some sort.

Even if the nearby woods was already searched once I think it would be a good idea to search again because it is very easy to miss things when searching woods. By now there may be odor smell that could help find him if the criminals killed him and did not bury him deep enough.

If he is found somewhat close by like I think he maybe then I would look to any late age teens or early 20 year olds living fairly close by. People that you dont think would do such a thing sometimes end being involved. Nobody wants to think their sons would ever be involved in things like this and so nobody would want to suspect their own kids if they live nearby.

I think there may be some validity to your theory.

Where do think that the Driver's License comes into play at?

I also believe that the territory should be searched again. Animals disturb things, weather, etc. Also, submerged bodies can surface.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Great theory but why would they take his DL & lock up before leaving if they are that panicked & haven't ever been there how would they know exactly where to put what?

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

Nothing missing from the shed that family can tell, nothing really even out of place except his hat not in the usual spot and blood on the floor.

If this is stranger related it seems to me it has to be anger related and not theft/burglary related.

I would look into recent dealings MC had with people to see if anything went sour.

The granddaughter said nothing appeared disturbed outside in one of her posts (I'll try to find it). Not sure of the landscape, but if he was knocked out and dragged by someone, wouldn't there be drag marks on the ground?

Something that is bugging me is that we're assuming the drivers license was taken with him, but is it possible that he could have just misplaced it or lost it days before his disappearance and not told anyone yet?

Could the driver's license have been a "trophy" of sorts for the perp?

I also think his keys were in the shed so it would be easy to take the keys and rob the home as well if this were robbery related.

I think this theory fits most of the evidence we have so far. Your points about him being a fireman and therefor cool under pressure and calm are good ones. The question is - WHO could have done that to him? And WHERE is he now? Why can't we find him?

I've added the ATM videos to the list of questions to ask investigators next. I'm not sure if they have done this, since there was no abnormal bank activity that we know of. It's a good suggestion, so thank you.

It is possible that a car could be parked on OR off the property out of sight, yes. However, there were no unusual or unidentifiable tire (or other) tracks. Still possible.

BBM: Bringing forward statement that there weren't any unidentifiable tracks. I think I took that to include human, as well, but now not sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member