Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that article (BBM):

He met Jenna Scott and after a rough two years, she asked a judge for protection saying, "Marks threatens and hurts me and told me he had gotten away with murder before,”

Yes,

I believe she was referring to Andre Ogans. He went missing in February 2007, in Tulsa, OK. His residence was only 3.8 miles from CM family home. Andre was set to testify against CM for a slew CM of charges from 1992. Which implies they've known each other from a very young age. ALL the charges were dropped after AO went missing.

I'm inclined to believe CM is likely involved based on the collaborating statement by JS in her petition for protective order against CM.

I have a link showing 2 of AO 22 charges/convictions. Not sure how appropriate it is, with him being missing.

Marks, former self-defense teacher, had heated relationships

Last edited:
Yes,

I believe she was referring to Andre Ogans. He went missing in February 2007, in Tulsa, OK. His residence was only 3.8 miles from CM family home. Andre was set to testify against CM for a slew CM of charges from 1992. Which implies they've known each other from a very young age. ALL the charges were dropped after AO went missing.

I'm inclined to believe CM is likely involved based on the collaborating statement by JS in her petition for protective order against CM.

I have a link showing 2 of AO 22 charges/convictions. Not sure how appropriate it is, with him being missing.

Marks, former self-defense teacher, had heated relationships
From the article:

“[SBM]

Missing car and people

A woman identified as Marks’ current girlfriend, Maya Renee Maxwell, 26, is being held in the Bell County Jail in lieu of a $500,000 bond. Maxwell admitted she took Swearingin’s 2016 gray Hyundai Genesis from his home and drove it to Austin. Once there, she parked it in an effort to hide it from law enforcement agencies.

This isn’t the only instance of missing former girlfriends of Marks brought to police attention. April Pease, Marks’ ex-girlfriend and mother of one of his sons, is missing. Pease had a long history of drugs but was clean and had custody of their son when she was reported missing — at the same time the couple was going through a child custody case, court documents showed.

[SBM]

Andre Ogans disappeared in Tulsa, Okla., when he reportedly was scheduled to testify against Marks in a Tulsa court case.

Foul play was suspected in his disappearance, according to the Tulsa Police Department. Ogans was supposed to meet a friend, and left February 2007 from his home on his bicycle.

Marks reportedly told Jenna Scott he killed Ogans and buried him in an Oklahoma cemetery.

Court cases

The only Texas convictions Marks has are for disorderly conduct — a Class C misdemeanor — and unlawful carrying of a weapon, a Class A misdemeanor, in 2001.

He pleaded not guilty to the Class C offense, and was only fined and required to pay court costs.

Marks pleaded guilty in June 1999 to the unlawful carrying of a weapon and was sentenced to one year in jail and two years probation. That charge was out of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

He had charges and convictions in other states, but many were dismissed with no explanations:

• Phone harassment in Seattle, Wash.

• Criminal assault in Tacoma, Wash.

• Fugitive warrant in Kent County, Mich.

• Assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Tulsa, Okla.

• Robbery with firearm in Tulsa County, Okla.

• Robbery attempt with dangerous weapon, Tulsa County.

• Robbery with firearm in Tulsa County.

• Attempted escape, Tulsa County.

His convictions include:

• Phone harassment in September 2008 in Seattle, Wash.

• Robbery (violent), 15 years, Tulsa County.

Personal life, connections

Marks’ previous residences in Texas included several in Killeen, several on Fort Hood and Copperas Cove.

He’s lived in other states, too, including California, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oregon, Missouri and Washington.

[SBM]” (BBM)
I was able to circumvent the paywall via Facebook ;):
Temple Daily Telegram

Andre Organs on the Tulsa Police Department Missing Person Unit page:
TPD Unsolved Crimes

“[SBM]

According to court records, [Cedric] Marks, 32, was indicted in November 2004 of intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing serious bodily injury to then-32-year-old Steven Doyle by striking the man numerous times with his fists.

According to an affidavit by Investigator Lori Hix of the Copperas Cove Police Department, the incident began as a verbal altercation between the two when Marks was revving the engine of his vehicle, which caused the alarm on Doyle’s vehicle to go off.

As a result of the fight, Doyle required surgery to reconstruct his facial bones. He also suffered a detached retina.

Marks admitted to being involved in the altercation, but claimed he acted in self-defense.

‘I defended myself against that guy,’ Marks said in a 2007 phone interview from his Washington state home. ‘He verbally, racially and physically assaulted me.’

He was found not guilty and released after Doyle’s account of the incident in court did not match his initial report.

Reports from Tulsa County, Oklahoma, show Marks had felony charges dating back to 1992 for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and attempted escape.

Those charges were dismissed, but records show Marks pleaded guilty to an attempted robbery with a firearm charge on a separate incident that same year.

Marks served six years in an Oklahoma prison after his guilty plea and was released on Nov. 23, 1998, according to court documents.

[SBM]

The current case

According to a temporary protective order filed in July by Scott, she and Marks had been in a dating relationship that began in August 2015. The order said Marks ‘represents a credible threat to the physical safety of Jenna Kay Scott and her family members and pets.’

Marks was arrested on Aug. 15, charged with violating the protective order. He posted a $10,000 bond the following day.

He then reportedly broke in to Scott’s home on Aug. 21.

A warrant for this charge was issued Nov. 9, and he was arrested in January in Michigan.

[SBM]

Not the first disappearance

Police in Bloomington, Minnesota, said Marks is a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance of April Pease, the mother of one of his children, who had accused him of domestic violence.

[SBM]

Peace was involved in a custody dispute with Marks at the time of her disappearance. When she failed to show up for court about the custody issue on March 20, three days after her disappearance, Marks reportedly told officials he thought she had relapsed. He was awarded custody of their son, who is now 13 years old, and had been living with Marks until recently.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Who is Cedric Marks? The Killeen MMA fighter has been in the headlines before

From the article:

“[SBM]

Missing car and people

A woman identified as Marks’ current girlfriend, Maya Renee Maxwell, 26, is being held in the Bell County Jail in lieu of a $500,000 bond. Maxwell admitted she took Swearingin’s 2016 gray Hyundai Genesis from his home and drove it to Austin. Once there, she parked it in an effort to hide it from law enforcement agencies.

This isn’t the only instance of missing former girlfriends of Marks brought to police attention. April Pease, Marks’ ex-girlfriend and mother of one of his sons, is missing. Pease had a long history of drugs but was clean and had custody of their son when she was reported missing — at the same time the couple was going through a child custody case, court documents showed.

[SBM]

Andre Ogans disappeared in Tulsa, Okla., when he reportedly was scheduled to testify against Marks in a Tulsa court case.

Foul play was suspected in his disappearance, according to the Tulsa Police Department. Ogans was supposed to meet a friend, and left February 2007 from his home on his bicycle.

Marks reportedly told Jenna Scott he killed Ogans and buried him in an Oklahoma cemetery.

Court cases

The only Texas convictions Marks has are for disorderly conduct — a Class C misdemeanor — and unlawful carrying of a weapon, a Class A misdemeanor, in 2001.

He pleaded not guilty to the Class C offense, and was only fined and required to pay court costs.

Marks pleaded guilty in June 1999 to the unlawful carrying of a weapon and was sentenced to one year in jail and two years probation. That charge was out of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

He had charges and convictions in other states, but many were dismissed with no explanations:

• Phone harassment in Seattle, Wash.

• Criminal assault in Tacoma, Wash.

• Fugitive warrant in Kent County, Mich.

• Assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Tulsa, Okla.

• Robbery with firearm in Tulsa County, Okla.

• Robbery attempt with dangerous weapon, Tulsa County.

• Robbery with firearm in Tulsa County.

• Attempted escape, Tulsa County.

His convictions include:

• Phone harassment in September 2008 in Seattle, Wash.

• Robbery (violent), 15 years, Tulsa County.

Personal life, connections

Marks’ previous residences in Texas included several in Killeen, several on Fort Hood and Copperas Cove.

He’s lived in other states, too, including California, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oregon, Missouri and Washington.

[SBM]” (BBM)
I was able to circumvent the paywall via Facebook ;):
Temple Daily Telegram

Andre Organs on the Tulsa Police Department Missing Person Unit page:
TPD Unsolved Crimes

I didn't say he was convicted of the charges in Tulsa, to which AO was set to testify. I stated they were dismissed after AO went missing.

As well, April Pease was clean at the time of her disappearance and had custody of her and Marks son. He enlisted his girlfriend and one of 2 wives he was married at the time, to impersonate AP, in order to find out where she was hiding at. Where she flew to. He lied continuously throughout the courts Investigation by the representative ordered to make a recommendation for child custody.

AP went missing on 17 March 2009. CM petitioned the courts 3 days later on 20 March 2009.

Cedric Marks and April Pease Custody Documents

Last edited:
“BELTON — A Bell County judge said last August that he wasn’t comfortable with extending a protective order Jenna Scott sought against Cedric Joseph Marks, who is now a capital murder suspect in the Jan. 3 deaths of Scott and a Temple friend, Michael Swearingin.

Bell County 264th District Court Judge Paul LePak said he wasn’t certain about his ruling to deny Scott the two-year protective order, according to a transcript of the Aug. 15, 2018, hearing obtained by the Telegram

LePak took about a month to reach his decision, court documents show, and was not made aware of a reported Aug. 6 burglary of Scott’s home in which Marks later was charged.

‘But I am not real comfortable with that ruling at all and so be cautioned,’ LePak told Marks on Sept. 17 in connection with Scott’s application for a 2-year no-contact protective order. ‘The request is denied at this time.’

Marks, 44, of Killeen, fled Texas after a burglary warrant was issued for a break-in at Scott’s home in Temple

‘I am not super comfortable with my ruling but I find that what I heard was very likely defensive measures and so I don’t think it’s appropriate for a protective order,’ LePak ruled.

LePak did not return a call from the Telegram on Wednesday.

[SBM]

Scott testified that Marks assaulted and choked her at least three times in 2018.

She testified that never called police because she said she was afraid of Marks and he always talked her into coming back. Scott said Marks convinced her that ‘whatever he did to me was in self-defense and he convinced me of that and I believed him,’ Scott said.

Marks admitted in testimony that he did choke her from behind, but claimed he did that in self-defense from an attack she reportedly made on him.

Marks accused Scott of manipulating him and others so she looked like a victim, and said her parents always got her out of trouble.

‘It may seem that a tiny 106-pound woman would make me flinch of all people,’ Marks said. ‘I’m this big tough guy who fights in the cage but I fight men. Well, she knew that I don’t hit women.’ He said women aren’t made to be hit and that’s why he was a self-defense teacher for women.

Marks also stressed that it takes a lot of force to hurt him because of how strong and powerful he is.

Threats and fights

Scott testified that Marks would provoke her to trigger an argument and cause her to ‘act out’ because he knew she struggled with post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder. Scott said Marks needed drama in his life and relationships to survive.

‘There’s regular people that need love, they need support. This isn’t what this man is capable of,’ Scott said. ‘He gets — he gets his, you know, whatever keeps him going, it comes from a place of evilness,’ the transcript said.

[SBM]

Protective violations

Carol Benningfield, a Belton attorney who represented Scott, questioned Marks about his violation of the temporary protective order against him and an assault charge he filed against Scott. Benningfield pointed out his charge was filed the same day he was served a temporary protective order to stay away from Scott.

He also talked about how he lessened his 15-year prison sentence for aggravated robbery. Marks was released in seven years because he took courses that took time off his sentence and was a ‘model prisoner.’

[SBM]

Benningfield told LePak additional things happened since the last hearing, but didn’t share it during the hearing.

The additional information would have been the Aug. 6 burglary of Scott's home, for which Marks was later charged and brought back to Bell County.

At the end of testimony on Aug. 15, LePak said he needed to ‘clear his head and make a good appropriate ruling.’ He issued a temporary protective order without a finding of family violence. Marks was advised to not have a weapon, commit no family violence or threaten it and not go within 200 years of Scott’s home, job or school. LePak expected to make a decision before the end of the month, he said.

[SBM]”
LePak not ‘comfortable’ with protective order against Marks

ETA: “Marks admitted in testimony that he did choke her from behind, but claimed he did that in self-defense from an attack she reportedly made on him.”

Why would anybody believe that!?

Last edited:
I didn't say he was convicted of the charges in Tulsa, to which AO was set to testify. I stated they were dismissed after AO went missing.”
RSBM for focus

I agree with everything you said.

I’m sorry if I made it sound as though CM was convincted of the charges out of Tulsa. That wasn’t my intent.

Dear @DebW

Welcome to Websleuths!

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad CM was captured, but of course it doesn’t bring back Jenna & Michael. At least, if convicted, he will hopefully remain behind bars and not be allowed to continue harming others. I cannot imagine what you all have gone through, what a nightmare!

You may want to consider the verification process for verified insiders. That way, you don’t need to back up anything you post with mainstream media links.

May you find peace and comfort during this sad time.
@DebW,
Welcome to WS-- you're among friends here. My condolences for the loss of you niece and her friend. May justice be swift.

Maya Maxwell told police she was in a Killeen residence with Cedric Marks when he reportedly took Michael Swearingin and Jenna Scott into separate rooms, she said. Then she heard a struggle when Marks went into each room and they were dead.

Maxwell was also with Marks when the bodies were driven to rural Oklahoma and when they were left in shallow graves, the affidavit said.

Swearingin and Scott died on or about Jan. 3 in Killeen, the arrest affidavit said.
Temple pair that went missing may have been killed in Killeen

Very grateful that LE had the foresight to move MM to Bell County weeks before charging/transporting CM from MI -- especially since he escaped! Her eyewitness testimony will no doubt be crucial to his conviction.

It's concerning that authorities did not heed warning from JS family or even MM herself that CM would escape given the opportunity. CM is obviously skillful both in mind and body, and has fooled many people along his path. He previously served only half his prison sentence for being a model prisoner. He is dangerous in the worst of ways. MOO

“BELTON — A Bell County judge said last August that he wasn’t comfortable with extending a protective order Jenna Scott sought against Cedric Joseph Marks, who is now a capital murder suspect in the Jan. 3 deaths of Scott and a Temple friend, Michael Swearingin.

Bell County 264th District Court Judge Paul LePak said he wasn’t certain about his ruling to deny Scott the two-year protective order, according to a transcript of the Aug. 15, 2018, hearing obtained by the Telegram

LePak took about a month to reach his decision, court documents show, and was not made aware of a reported Aug. 6 burglary of Scott’s home in which Marks later was charged.

‘But I am not real comfortable with that ruling at all and so be cautioned,’ LePak told Marks on Sept. 17 in connection with Scott’s application for a 2-year no-contact protective order. ‘The request is denied at this time.’

Marks, 44, of Killeen, fled Texas after a burglary warrant was issued for a break-in at Scott’s home in Temple

‘I am not super comfortable with my ruling but I find that what I heard was very likely defensive measures and so I don’t think it’s appropriate for a protective order,’ LePak ruled.

LePak did not return a call from the Telegram on Wednesday.

[SBM]

Scott testified that Marks assaulted and choked her at least three times in 2018.

She testified that never called police because she said she was afraid of Marks and he always talked her into coming back. Scott said Marks convinced her that ‘whatever he did to me was in self-defense and he convinced me of that and I believed him,’ Scott said.

Marks admitted in testimony that he did choke her from behind, but claimed he did that in self-defense from an attack she reportedly made on him.

Marks accused Scott of manipulating him and others so she looked like a victim, and said her parents always got her out of trouble.

‘It may seem that a tiny 106-pound woman would make me flinch of all people,’ Marks said. ‘I’m this big tough guy who fights in the cage but I fight men. Well, she knew that I don’t hit women.’ He said women aren’t made to be hit and that’s why he was a self-defense teacher for women.

Marks also stressed that it takes a lot of force to hurt him because of how strong and powerful he is.

Threats and fights

Scott testified that Marks would provoke her to trigger an argument and cause her to ‘act out’ because he knew she struggled with post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder. Scott said Marks needed drama in his life and relationships to survive.

‘There’s regular people that need love, they need support. This isn’t what this man is capable of,’ Scott said. ‘He gets — he gets his, you know, whatever keeps him going, it comes from a place of evilness,’ the transcript said.

[SBM]

Protective violations

Carol Benningfield, a Belton attorney who represented Scott, questioned Marks about his violation of the temporary protective order against him and an assault charge he filed against Scott. Benningfield pointed out his charge was filed the same day he was served a temporary protective order to stay away from Scott.

He also talked about how he lessened his 15-year prison sentence for aggravated robbery. Marks was released in seven years because he took courses that took time off his sentence and was a ‘model prisoner.’

[SBM]

Benningfield told LePak additional things happened since the last hearing, but didn’t share it during the hearing.

The additional information would have been the Aug. 6 burglary of Scott's home, for which Marks was later charged and brought back to Bell County.

At the end of testimony on Aug. 15, LePak said he needed to ‘clear his head and make a good appropriate ruling.’ He issued a temporary protective order without a finding of family violence. Marks was advised to not have a weapon, commit no family violence or threaten it and not go within 200 years of Scott’s home, job or school. LePak expected to make a decision before the end of the month, he said.

[SBM]”
LePak not ‘comfortable’ with protective order against Marks

ETA: “Marks admitted in testimony that he did choke her from behind, but claimed he did that in self-defense from an attack she reportedly made on him.”

Why would anybody believe that!?

CM is the consummate BSer. Lots of people who should NOT have believed him did. The judge is a part of the system that let my niece down. MOO

The Scotts did everything to keep Jenna safe. She wasn’t allowed to be alone after CM broke into their house. They had a wide circle of friends who helped with this. Michael was one of those trusted friends.

I was curious and looked through Title Boxing Club in Killeen's Instagram feed to see if I could find any pictures of CM, and found one from July 2018 where he is shown in a photo collage, and his own Instagram profile is tagged in the picture. TITLE Boxing Club Killeen on Instagram: “Your TITLE Boxing Club Killeen trainers are THE BEST in the area! This group of individuals bust their *advertiser censored* to bring you the most EFFECTIVE…”

His user name is fjkdmerc Cedric Marks (@fjkdmerc) • Instagram photos and videos

I did a Google search for that username and found zero results, but searched DuckDuckGo and got a lot of results <mod-snipped>.

The most interesting results is this one Wife being chaptered out..

He tells the story of his wife Ginell McDonough being dismissed from the Army and mentions moving from WA state in 2009 with custody of his son.

Many of the other results are from *advertiser censored* websites, which I prefer not to click on. According to the search results, some of the activity under that username on those websites are uploads. I have called the Bell County DA to give them this information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some quotes from the article:
BELTON — The father of a Temple homicide victim filed a complaint against Bell County 264th District Court Judge Paul LePak with the State Commission on Judicial Conduct Wednesday night.

The complaint — which Scott said consisted of just four sentences — was filed because LePak declined to issue a two-year protective order against Killeen resident Cedric Joseph Marks, 44 — now charged with capital murder in the Jan. 3 deaths of Jenna Scott, 28, and Michael Swearingin, 32.
“I have very little faith to believe it will actually lead to anything,” Scott said. “The system is broken.”

LePak responded Thursday to a Telegram request for a comment to the complaint by saying, “The Code of Judicial Conduct doesn’t allow judges to comment.”
In the transcript of the Aug. 15, 2018, hearing obtained by the Telegram, LePak said he wasn’t certain about his ruling to deny Scott the two-year protective order.

“But I am not real comfortable with that ruling at all and so be cautioned,” LePak told Marks on Sept. 17 in connection with Scott’s application for a 2-year, no-contact protective order. “The request is denied at this time.”

A jailhouse interview? :confused:

Innocent my *advertiser censored**!

That was my exact thought!

1’29”:
“Despite what the media put out, I was not trying to escape. I was actually in fear. And I was not going anywhere. At all.”

I don’t believe a single thing that comes out of the mouth of this pathetic liar.

I am picturing him acting as his own defense attorney a la Ted Bundy. He ended up with three death sentences between two trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo