Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hadn't seen this detail before: "That day, according to [Michelle's daughter], her mother came into her bedroom, sat on her bed, and told her she was going to pick up something to eat, and asked if she would like to go with her."

From this article: Search continues for missing Alvin teacher

It seems like if Michelle was planning this departure in advance, she wouldn't have invited the daughter to come along with her.
Thanks for sharing. Good point you make. The article definitely helps explain the events leading up to MR's disappearance. I know there have been questions from fellow sleuthers if the previous information provided was from texts, calls and/or in-person interaction with MR and the husband / daughter the day she left.

Below is the sequence of events from the article in case anyone can't access the link.

That day, according to Lila Grace, her mother came into her bedroom, sat on her bed, and told her she was going to pick up something to eat, and asked if she would like to go with her.

Lila Grace asked which restaurant she was going to and Michelle said she had not decided yet.

Lila Grace said she was tired from attending a college psychology class, then working a late shift the night before and just wanted to sleep.

A short time later, the 18-year-old changed her mind and decided she would ask her mother to pick something up for her. However, when she called, her mother did not answer her phone.

At 3:30 p.m., Lila Grace awoke, dressed for work, and at about 5 p.m. her dad called to ask if she had seen her mother.

Her 13-year-old brother had called their father asking if someone was going to pick him up from school at 4 p.m. Her youngest brother, age 11, was with a friend.

At 8:30 p.m., Lila Grace’s dad called her at work saying he had still not heard from Michelle.

To me, it is very possible he was truthful. As I posted upthread, why would this man implicate himself in a potential crime by reporting the finding of her shirt & that his was taken?

I'm not seeing a motive.

Just because someone is homeless doesn't mean they are a criminal. OTOH, serious questioning of anyone who may have come in contact with MR is prudent.

I'm more concerned about MR's physical appearance (re: video still) & state of mind, which indicate she is likely very vulnerable if still on the streets of NOLA. Too vulnerable.

I hope it is not too late & she will be found soon. Every day that passes is loaded with opportunity for all kinds of misadventure. And that reality is heart-breaking.
JMO
I keep it simple. Missing woman and her shirt turns up but she’s not in it. Whoever has it (living status aside), is of keen interest to me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Re the shirt, I pretty much agree with everyone, though I also think everyone is really agreeing but just emphasizing different possibilities. Plenty of homeless people probably feel empathy for others who are on the edge too, and it's possible that the homeless guy just wanted to help out. And it's also possible that there's a whole lot more to that story.

Either way, it certainly sounds odd for Michelle to be hanging out at a homeless camp in the first place. She's been married, parenting and teaching for decades, which sounds like a pretty stable and steady middle class life to me. The people I've known who had serious mental issues would not likely be able to hold all that together for over two decades, because of their erratic behavior or inability to function at times. (Which is not to say it's never possible though).

Anyway, I wish we knew more background on how it came about that this homeless guy shared this info and handed over the shirt. It might look quite a bit different if he brought this to the attention of the authorities himself vs. if someone else had already called him out (or he thought they might) and then he came up with a story at that time.

Last edited:
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED and corrected info in GRAY

moved from Natchitoches, LA to Orange, TX for a teaching job (9)

marriage to husband (9)

AROUND 2014
couple began teaching in Alvin - both 6th grade teachers at different schools (9)

AROUND 2015
began struggling with mental health (9)

AROUND SEP 1
"had been undergoing outpatient treatment for about three weeks after a recent episode, having been on leave from her job as a teacher during that time. She had been taking nightly medications" (8.)

THU SEP 22 - LAST CONTACT WITH FAMILY / SEARCH DAY ONE -----------------------------------------------------
  • AM - [Zoom meeting with counselor (8.)] visited a counselor in person, then came home (9)
  • ~12PM - [spoke to husband,] said she was going to get something to eat (last contact with family)] (7) told daughter she was going to get food and stop at the bank [and asked if she wanted to come with (14)]; short time later, daughter tried to call but MR did not answer phone (14)
  • 3:30PM - daughter woke, mother still gone (14)
  • 4:00PM - 13yo son contacts his father when MR failed to pick him up from school (14)
  • 5:00PM - husband called daughter to see if she had seen MR (14)
  • [when daughter returned home from school, called dad at work to see if he knew where she was; he started calling MR but calls went directly to voicemail (9)]
  • 8:30PM - husband called daughter at work to tell her he hadn't heard from MR; daughter left work (14)
  • PM - reported missing by husband to local LE (Brazos County Sheriff's Department) (9)
FRI SEP 23 - DAY TWO - LAST SIGHTINGS
  • 12:01 PM - Vehicle parked at corner of S Peters St & St Joseph St, New Orleans (4) in front of broken parking meter (10); person who may look like MR sits in car for about twenty minutes, then gets out (9) and leaves alone on foot (5) heading west (6) - husband notes potential height discrepancy between his wife and the driver in the video (8.)
    View attachment 371796
  • ~4PM - MR spotted on surveillance footage walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway (11) View attachment 369958
  • ~4:10PM - seen on camera at Sidecar Patio and Oyster Bar/Rusty Nail, orders a glass of water, uses their restroom, and that’s the last confirmed video sighting of her. (12)
    View attachment 371795
  • ~4:00PM, she confronts inhabitants of a tent just behind the restaurant and states that she needs a place to stay, and they offered a tent. They shared cheese/crackers and water, and she only stated her name and gave no other details. They report she had chewing gum and menthol cigarettes with her(she does smoke menthol cigarettes) The tent is along Calliope St, between Magazine St and Annunciation St. They state she left early morning Saturday 9/24. A few days later they called stating they found her shirt in the tent, and that there is a black t-shirt missing, that is why it is reported that she may have changed into a black t-shirt. Police have the shirt. (12)
  • PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)
SAT SEP 24 - DAY THREE
  • AM - Homeless people from whom she borrowed tent overnight state she left early morning (12)
  • PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2) - cf Sun Sep 25
SUN SEP 25 - DAY FOUR
  • 3AM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location (9)
  • 4AM - husband, brother, [and 13yo son?] sit around and wait at vehicle but MR doesn't return (14)
  • First MSM news coverage (3)
MON SEP 26 - DAY FIVE

TUE SEP 27 - DAY SIX

• Footage released of MR leaving vehicle alone on foot (5)
  • Helicopter search on Mississippi River (8.)
WED SEP 28 - DAY SEVEN
  • Boat search planned for Mississippi River (8.) - cf Thu Sep 29
  • Equusearch received several calls about possible sightings and leads; each was mistaken identity (10)
THU SEP 29 - DAY 8
  • Boat search on Mississippi River (10)
  • Husband moves vehicle to Lexus dealership (10)
FRI SEP 30 - DAY 9
  • Surveillance image of MR walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway released (11)
FRI OCT 7 - DAY 16
  • Brother CT posts update to FB group, stating known movements on Sep 23 (12)
MON OCT 10 - DAY 19
  • Prayer vigil held (13)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says
(4)Missing Texas teacher's car found in New Orleans as search continues
(5)HAVE YOU SEEN MICHELLE REYNOLDS?: Search continues for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen on Thursday
(6)Missing TX teacher's car found in New Orleans; husband desperately in search of answers exclusively speaks to WDSU
(7)A Search Is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State
(8.)Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds still missing; New Orleans police now involved in case | Houston Public Media
(9)Family desperate for clues in Texas woman Michelle Reynold's disappearance
(10)Texas EquuSearch hits pivotal point in the hunt for TX school teacher
(11)https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Reynolds-Michelle-MPR-Flyer-Rev-02.pdf
(12) Michelle Reynolds ~ Vanished from Alvin, Texas... group post by page admin
(13) Prayer vigil held for missing Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds (Fox26 - Oct 10)
(14) Search continues for missing Alvin teacher (AlvinSun - Oct 18)

MOOs
One thing that struck me as I read over the timeline was that the night MR presumably stayed in the homeless tent, her vehicle was still parked just a few blocks away. If she was desperate for a place to sleep, why not return to the vehicle and curl up in the back seat or trunk area? A few possible reasons:
  • She'd lost the key fob or it'd been stolen - But why, if this was the case, would she not contact the police?
  • She was intentionally avoiding going back to her own vehicle - But if the purpose was really to get away from something in her old life, why stop just a few blocks away from the vehicle, which would surely lead people directly to that area of the city? It was only 4PM, and she'd parked the car four hours earlier -- she had plenty of time to distance herself from the vehicle, if that was her intention.
  • She was already disoriented and confused enough that she did not remember that she could access the vehicle or where it was. :(

Well, I guess I am in the minority. I believe the homeless man. She had on a flower blouse, I think. She changed it for black, to not be easily identified by "last seen wearing" information. I dont see any reason for him to go to police and lie. It wouldn't make sense.

If she was seen walking past ww2 museum toward the expressway, she was walking towards the homeless section. Tons of people. Ozanam Inn is right there and I think even salvation army. To me, it sounds like she knew what she was doing. I'm not saying she's not having mental health issues, but I dont buy that you have no idea what's happening and you wander in your car to nola and then walk towards the homeless camp, change a shirt all in some confused state. If you didn't know what you were doing, you would end up in some podunk town. New Orleans is not even easy to navigate like that. You don't just "end up" where she did. I live here and have to GPS my way there.

I'm not ruling out suicide, wanting to be in a place she loves.
Or even on a way to a new life, with the "change" happening in a place she can blend in and get lost.

All in all, there was no foul play in her getting here. There was no foul play leaving the car. There was no foul play walking past ww2 museum. Yet she didn't contact her family. It feels intentional, to me. Thats just my opinion.

This is probably and hopefully not related, but just to share what I have here. An unidentified body was found in Sulphur, Louisiana last night that had been there for a while. Not long ago, Michelle's husband did an interview with a news outlet in that area, asking people who lived in east Texas/Southwest Louisiana to come forward if they knew anything. So I guess they thought there was some kind of connection or suspicion there. The couple used to live in Orange, Texas and apparently, still have friends/family around there. At this point, it hasn't been stated if male or female remains.

Here's the interview with Michael Reynolds, Oct. 11, 2022, in case anyone missed it.

Last edited:
This is probably and hopefully not related, but just to share what I have here. An unidentified body was found in Sulphur, Louisiana last night that had been there for a while. Not long ago, Michelle's husband did an interview with a news outlet in that area, asking people who lived in east Texas/Southwest Louisiana to come forward if they knew anything. So I guess they thought there was some kind of connection or suspicion there. The couple used to live in Orange, Texas and apparently, still have friends/family around there. At this point, it hasn't been stated if male or female remains.

Here's the interview with Michael Reynolds, Oct. 11, 2022, in case anyone missed it.
Sorry, the body was found Tuesday night, not last night (Wednesday).

Okay, I'll just say it, ugh. Of those who have been closely following this situation, does anyone else think it's likely that Michelle was deceased before September 23 and was never actually in New Orleans?

I have two main reasons:

(1) Lack of surveillance footage coming to light (considering that it's a highly publicized case and in a highly surveilled city).

We've only seen one clear photo (that was a still pic from a video) in a very well surveilled city and nothing from the 350 mile journey either.

And even that one photo/video is not completely reliable. There are a couple of things about it that raise reasonable questions and we don't know who it came from.

And, of course, no surveillance footage would even have to pass through LE's hands to be made available to the public so we can't assume they have it and just decided not to make it public for some reason. As far as I'm aware, neither the first very unclear video or the later, far more clear photo (which was part of a surveillance video) passed through LE hands before being publicized. Anyone can post any videos or photos they want up on YouTube or elsewhere on the internet.

Michelle being missing in NO was highly publicized. So if Michelle was really in this highly surveilled city, why haven't we seen more than just the one mentioned above?

(2) Being in a mental fog and not being in a mental fog at the same time is a contradiction.

Also questionable to me is the whole notion of Michelle being aware enough to be able to operate a vehicle on the road for 6-7 hours without being pulled over, while at the same time not aware enough to know where she was or what was going on around her. I guess it's possible but is it likely.

Also, she's never wandered off before and her brother said there were no indications found that she planned to leave.
---------------------
To me, that's why the facts we know are tipping the scales to the first scenario at this point, unfortunately. Anyone else? I hope I'm wrong.

My discussion point is in bold and italics.

As someone who suffers from mental health issues- I feel i may be able to shed a little light on this topic.
I suffer from dissociative episodes in which my only brain power is "Survive". This can mean alot of things but this one particular topic I can recall at least twice where I have after going into one of these events simply known i needed to go home where I was safe, So- I get in my car and drive ((One of these being roughly an hour away) home. Now- I can say that in these states you get turned around, Lost, and it takes longer than normal to get somewhere, However i'd say in certain mental states its possible to simply get in your car and leave without really comprehending that it could be dangerous for Yourself AND others around you.

with that being said- I question what made her choose this location. In the event she did, in fact, Dissociate, And decide to leave- Possibly triggered by the counselling appointment or something as simple as a song on the radio when she was on the way to get food- Why did she choose this specific spot as her end destination? normally the place chosen in these states is somewhere safe, Somewhere you KNOW is safe. This leads me to moreso believe that this would be moreso paranoia based, However- as i stated- our talking point was simply operating a motor vehicle when mentally checked out.

The big one for me is simply the location. Going 5-7 hours away from home and leaving everything in the car sounds more like a paranoia/anxiety driven behavior vs. an 'out of body' one, if that makes sense.

All information is strictly my opinion only and it is not proven as fact. May as well call me a MOO cow :)

My discussion point is in bold and italics.

As someone who suffers from mental health issues- I feel i may be able to shed a little light on this topic.
I suffer from dissociative episodes in which my only brain power is "Survive". This can mean alot of things but this one particular topic I can recall at least twice where I have after going into one of these events simply known i needed to go home where I was safe, So- I get in my car and drive ((One of these being roughly an hour away) home. Now- I can say that in these states you get turned around, Lost, and it takes longer than normal to get somewhere, However i'd say in certain mental states its possible to simply get in your car and leave without really comprehending that it could be dangerous for Yourself AND others around you.

with that being said- I question what made her choose this location. In the event she did, in fact, Dissociate, And decide to leave- Possibly triggered by the counselling appointment or something as simple as a song on the radio when she was on the way to get food- Why did she choose this specific spot as her end destination? normally the place chosen in these states is somewhere safe, Somewhere you KNOW is safe. This leads me to moreso believe that this would be moreso paranoia based, However- as i stated- our talking point was simply operating a motor vehicle when mentally checked out.

The big one for me is simply the location. Going 5-7 hours away from home and leaving everything in the car sounds more like a paranoia/anxiety driven behavior vs. an 'out of body' one, if that makes sense.

All information is strictly my opinion only and it is not proven as fact. May as well call me a MOO cow :)
Thanks for sharing your personal, firsthand knowledge and experience.

I wondered how quick a mental episode and/or break can occur. In regards to MR, could she have been completely fine, and truly just planned to grab something to eat, but once she started driving something triggered an episode that led her to New Orleans. I would be curious for those more medically qualified to share their insights.

The narrative surrounding this missing persons case isn't setting well with me.
We have a missing schoolteacher who has functioned well enough to work at the same school for eight years. Stable, solid record as far as I have read. Then inexplicably, she takes off from Texas to Nola, where she is spotted on street cam, and then her shirt is found in the possession of a homeless man. (I now consider the case foul play due to the discovery of her shirt).

Her family speaks to the media talking about M.R.'s mental health issues. WHY? Why not just preserve her dignity and potential to return to work by saying "she has a medical condition and may be confused, and in need of help". Why is the (alleged) mental health narrative being pushed so heavily? It raises a flag for me.

As I posted upthread, M.R.'s disappearance could be the result of things beside a health breakdown. She could be running from something; hiding intentionally, or worse, have taken an escape that is irreversible, for reasons unknown to us.

Whatever the reality may be, I hope that for the sake of her children and the children that she teaches, that answers will come soon, and the outcome will be far less tragic that the ones I am thinking of presently.

The narrative surrounding this missing persons case isn't setting well with me.
We have a missing schoolteacher who has functioned well enough to work at the same school for eight years. Stable, solid record as far as I have read. Then inexplicably, she takes off from Texas to Nola, where she is spotted on street cam, and then her shirt is found in the possession of a homeless man. (I now consider the case foul play due to the discovery of her shirt).

Her family speaks to the media talking about M.R.'s mental health issues. WHY? Why not just preserve her dignity and potential to return to work by saying "she has a medical condition and may be confused, and in need of help". Why is the (alleged) mental health narrative being pushed so heavily? It raises a flag for me.

As I posted upthread, M.R.'s disappearance could be the result of things beside a health breakdown. She could be running from something; hiding intentionally, or worse, have taken an escape that is irreversible, for reasons unknown to us.

Whatever the reality may be, I hope that for the sake of her children and the children that she teaches, that answers will come soon, and the outcome will be far less tragic that the ones I am thinking of presently.

RBBM
You ask: Why not just preserve her dignity?

Respectfully, having a mental health crisis is not a reason for looking down on someone or labeling them as undignified. Facts are facts. She was in some sort of treatment involving at least counseling. There is no shame in that. She went thru a medical procedure that may have affected her hormones & mental health potentially. There is no shame in that.

I think in this case, a mental issue is obvious - whether overt or covert - and it denies her dignity to make her "less than" because of it IMO. Just because it seems unusual to an outsider doesn't make it so. We all encounter high functioning people with mental health problems everyday and just aren't usually aware of their struggles.

More honesty from families and society at large will help destigmatize a problem many deal with in some fashion every day of their lives.

Should MR take responsibility for actions & decisions she has made? Yes. Should she feel a sense of blame & shame? No. But that's just my opinion.

We can have compassion for Michelle & her family. We can support them thru this difficult & confusing time. We can also seek accountability where it is shown to be needed.

MOO

RBBM
You ask: Why not just preserve her dignity?

Respectfully, having a mental health crisis is not a reason for looking down on someone or labeling them as undignified.
Snipped by me, and BBM for focused reply.
If only everyone in society felt that way. Unfortunately, not so.
But this is not a mental health debate, it's a discussion about a missing teacher so I will stick to that.

I am very concerned about her shirt being found with someone. She may have traded it for enough money to buy cigs, but it's still an ominous sign...

Snipped by me, and BBM for focused reply.
If only everyone in society felt that way. Unfortunately, not so.
But this is not a mental health debate, it's a discussion about a missing teacher so I will stick to that.

I am very concerned about her shirt being found with someone. She may have traded it for enough money to buy cigs, but it's still an ominous sign...

iMO, her shirt being in someone else’s possession IS concerning. And that is not because the person is homeless. I would of thought there might be security footage from somewhere of her in the black tee shirt she supposedly stole since there was security footage of her in her floral shirt. I man if she just wandered off in it… Also, to answer several poster’s argument about how the homeless person wouldn’t have brought this to the police’s attention if they’d had anything to do with disappearing MR, I don’t think that’s necessarily so. Maybe they knew many people had seen her with them and/or seen them wearing her shirt (other homeless, storekeepers, tourists, etc). Maybe someone asked them “weren’t you with that lady who is missing?” Or something like that. Maybe ”reporting” to the police is the homeless person‘s way of getting out in front of it; a way that they thought of, however illogical it seems to me, to explain it away if someone calls a tip in about them. Being homeless isn’t equal to being dumb. Or to not attempting to do things to fool LE. Following the Djeswende and Stephen Reid murder were LE has arrested a homeless man who it appears almost made it out of the country without being caught. It was due to some extra amazing LE efforts by detectives who did not give up that the suspected killer didn’t. IMO.
Vermont court Document (3rd doc in file is re: detective’s work)
(Much thanks to gnomony for posting the above in the Reid’s thread)

isnt It often said that the last one to see the deceased (or missing) is often the guilty party?

edited to add final thought.

iMO, her shirt being in someone else’s possession IS concerning. And that is not because the person is homeless. I would of thought there might be security footage from somewhere of her in the black tee shirt she supposedly stole since there was security footage of her in her floral shirt. I man if she just wandered off in it… Also, to answer several poster’s argument about how the homeless person wouldn’t have brought this to the police’s attention if they’d had anything to do with disappearing MR, I don’t think that’s necessarily so. Maybe they knew many people had seen her with them and/or seen them wearing her shirt (other homeless, storekeepers, tourists, etc). Maybe someone asked them “weren’t you with that lady who is missing?” Or something like that. Maybe ”reporting” to the police is the homeless person‘s way of getting out in front of it; a way that they thought of, however illogical it seems to me, to explain it away if someone calls a tip in about them. Being homeless isn’t equal to being dumb. Or to not attempting to do things to fool LE. Following the Djeswende and Stephen Reid murder were LE has arrested a homeless man who it appears almost made it out of the country without being caught. It was due to some extra amazing LE efforts by detectives who did not give up that the suspected killer didn’t. IMO.
Vermont court Document (3rd doc in file is re: detective’s work)
(Much thanks to gnomony for posting the above in the Reid’s thread)

isnt It often said that the last one to see the deceased (or missing) is often the guilty party?

edited to add final thought.
BBM. I don't believe this part of the narrative, or frankly much of what the man said.
Of course I could be wrong.

Since we have @wnk ’s awesome timeline, we know that MR has suffered with mental health issues since approximately 2015. As with most people who struggle with these problems, it seems MR had periods of remission where life was more normal, (perhaps because of medication and/or therapy), and periods of time when the issues overwhelmed her. It seems that about the time she went missing she was struggling. We know she had not been teaching her regular schedule and she had an appointment with a counselor the morning of the day she went missing.
We do not know what her demons are, so it is next to impossible to try and speculate what made her decide to get into her car and drive to New Orleans. She may not have known. Perhaps as she prepared to go to the bank and to pick up some food she had a “feeling” or a “pull” to take off. Is that why she asked her daughter if she wanted to tag along? Maybe she thought that might ground her. She may have been afraid of her feelings but never expressed what she was thinking to her daughter.
So, we can spend threads trying to get into MR’s head, but let’s wait until later to figure that part out. Right now we know that MR disappeared off the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana. She needs to be found.

Since we have @wnk ’s awesome timeline, we know that MR has suffered with mental health issues since approximately 2015. As with most people who struggle with these problems, it seems MR had periods of remission where life was more normal, (perhaps because of medication and/or therapy), and periods of time when the issues overwhelmed her. It seems that about the time she went missing she was struggling. We know she had not been teaching her regular schedule and she had an appointment with a counselor the morning of the day she went missing.
We do not know what her demons are, so it is next to impossible to try and speculate what made her decide to get into her car and drive to New Orleans. She may not have known. Perhaps as she prepared to go to the bank and to pick up some food she had a “feeling” or a “pull” to take off. Is that why she asked her daughter if she wanted to tag along? Maybe she thought that might ground her. She may have been afraid of her feelings but never expressed what she was thinking to her daughter.
So, we can spend threads trying to get into MR’s head, but let’s wait until later to figure that part out. Right now we know that MR disappeared off the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana. She needs to be found.
This is just a random thought from reading about her going to get food and her daughter chose to not go with her. I've had depression and anxiety all of my life (controlled with medication and therapy) but perimenopause has thrown me for a loop. Recently my teenaged son snapped at me in the car, saying he didn't want to talk. This was understandable because he'd just had a long day at school. I, however, had been alone all day and in whatever state I was in at the moment, this almost made me start sobbing.

I can see how if my mental health had been more fragile and if I had more of a daring streak that my kid' "rejecting" me would send me over the edge. Nonsensical, I know, but I've been on more of a mood rollercoaster now (in my 40s) than I have ever been in my life. It's sort of frightening. Also, @MurderMittens I love you silly MOO cow - thanks for sharing your story!

This is just a random thought from reading about her going to get food and her daughter chose to not go with her. I've had depression and anxiety all of my life (controlled with medication and therapy) but perimenopause has thrown me for a loop. Recently my teenaged son snapped at me in the car, saying he didn't want to talk. This was understandable because he'd just had a long day at school. I, however, had been alone all day and in whatever state I was in at the moment, this almost made me start sobbing.

I can see how if my mental health had been more fragile and if I had more of a daring streak that my kid' "rejecting" me would send me over the edge. Nonsensical, I know, but I've been on more of a mood rollercoaster now (in my 40s) than I have ever been in my life. It's sort of frightening. Also, @MurderMittens I love you silly MOO cow - thanks for sharing your story!
Thanks for sharing your experience @annemc2 When I made my post, I thought about the fact that a simple declination of an invitation may have been enough to send MR into a deeper depression or feeling of rejection. However, I didn’t want her daughter to ever think that she was in some way responsible for her mother’s disappearance. She is not. I am glad that you, as a person who has experienced depression and mood swings, can also tell us:
“I can see how if my mental health had been more fragile and if I had more of a daring streak that my kid' "rejecting" me would send me over the edge. Nonsensical, I know,”.
This lets MR’s daughter know she didn’t do anything wrong, that it’s what’s inside her Mom’s mind that causes her to act out in different ways.
Thanks again for sharing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0
Back