Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I used to work in an intensive outpatient/partial hospitalization program in Harris County (Houston). We were super involved with and and very protective of our clients, especially because they would be with us for weeks or months. This must be devastating to all of the staff who were caring for her, and for those who had hoped that the new medication was actually working. Maybe the new antipsychotic was used in lieu of a mood stabilizer instead of as an augmentation? Is she really considered voluntary missing instead of endangered missing?!? My heart is breaking for her and for her family. This is one of every family's and clinician's worst nightmares.

Michelle’s husband did an interview today (10/27/22)
When I was listening to this interview I thought he said the homeless people said she took a RIDE on Tchoupitoulas Street, but I'm guessing he said RIGHT and not Ride? It comes up on the transcript as ride as well. Did everyone else hear it as ride, or right?

1667078853775.png

I don't know, maybe he just pronounced "right/ride" a bit off there?

What I'm kinda stuck on is the timeline. She went missing the afternoon of Sept. 22. Spent the night in Baton Rouge on "the night of the 23rd." And arrived in New Orleans the morning of Sept. 24th. That's two nights, not one night. What about the the night of the 22nd? I think we're missing a day there. Or else I'm missing something... Maybe there was just nothing else caught on camera until the night of the 23rd and that's why it wasn't mentioned.

She was demonstrating function for at least the first 24H in NO - there’s reason to believe she is still alive, I think and hope. Given the mental health challenges, the medication changes, she was still able to articulate, converse and move well on foot. This is a case where I feel some optimism and I hope plans are in place to help support re-entry circumstances when she is found.

Can I just say what a stand-up guy her husband is? For whatever his flaws, and we all have them, he stayed alongside this woman in many turbulent seasons and he’s advocating for her now and loving on their kids. I hope my daughters eventually find men like that. In sickness and in health.

This case to me is also illustrative of a big evolution in American society in the last decade or so around how we, particularly women, mentally frame out mental illness, especially when it’s occurring to other women. Am sure that there was fear on the part of those who love her that if this information about past hospitalizations, current treatments, etc. came out, there would be shame or a lack of interest in looking for her. I think we have gotten to the point socially where the opposite is true, and we got there really fast, <10 years or so. I will venture a guess that many on this thread are female and have experience with mental health issues in their immediate families, perhaps even themselves (if this is true, do me a favor and respond to this post or like it - I’m scientifically curious if I’m right). If anything, knowing her medical history makes us feel MORE empathetic, MORE motivated and inspired to help, MORE compassionate. The stigma is falling away. Amen.

She was demonstrating function for at least the first 24H in NO - there’s reason to believe she is still alive, I think and hope. Given the mental health challenges, the medication changes, she was still able to articulate, converse and move well on foot. This is a case where I feel some optimism and I hope plans are in place to help support re-entry circumstances when she is found.

Can I just say what a stand-up guy her husband is? For whatever his flaws, and we all have them, he stayed alongside this woman in many turbulent seasons and he’s advocating for her now and loving on their kids. I hope my daughters eventually find men like that. In sickness and in health.

This case to me is also illustrative of a big evolution in American society in the last decade or so around how we, particularly women, mentally frame out mental illness, especially when it’s occurring to other women. Am sure that there was fear on the part of those who love her that if this information about past hospitalizations, current treatments, etc. came out, there would be shame or a lack of interest in looking for her. I think we have gotten to the point socially where the opposite is true, and we got there really fast, <10 years or so. I will venture a guess that many on this thread are female and have experience with mental health issues in their immediate families, perhaps even themselves (if this is true, do me a favor and respond to this post or like it - I’m scientifically curious if I’m right). If anything, knowing her medical history makes us feel MORE empathetic, MORE motivated and inspired to help, MORE compassionate. The stigma is falling away. Amen.

Every bit of this! I wholeheartedly agree. Her husband seems like a genuinely incredible man. My heart is breaking for him and their kids.

Particular kudos (IMO) to her husband‘s openness about Michelle’s mental health given she has experienced psychosis. While I generally agree with your comments about the de-stigmatization of mental health disorders in general, I find people are still pretty wary about disclosure when psychosis is involved.

I hope she gets home safe. I’m more hopeful here than in some situations, but each day has me worried more.

When I was listening to this interview I thought he said the homeless people said she took a RIDE on Tchoupitoulas Street, but I'm guessing he said RIGHT and not Ride? It comes up on the transcript as ride as well. Did everyone else hear it as ride, or right?

View attachment 376532
I heard it as "right".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member