TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So defense rests. Looking back to July 2022 ….

Cofer then:
“Ms. Armstrong wants her day in court,” Cofer told reporters at a courthouse in Harris County, Texas, according to KGNS. “Simply put, there is a lot more to this story that has yet been heard.”

Cofer now:
”That’s that.”

Apparently, we aren’t going to hear the rest of the story. I’m guessing it is a doozy, but it didn’t help his client.

She’s done.

I’m very curious about where the dog was when he testified. And also why he brought the dog in the first place. Possible change to his “I don’t like camera people” persona to a friendlier “I’m a doggy person” version. Interesting. But I don’t want to bash him. IMO he’s another victim of KA. I don’t think he has any blame in this and he probably feels a lot of guilt.
Totally. He was f'd coming and going. A complete no-win situation.

Cofer then:
“Ms. Armstrong wants her day in court,” Cofer told reporters at a courthouse in Harris County, Texas, according to KGNS. “Simply put, there is a lot more to this story that has yet been heard.”

Cofer now:
”That’s that.”

Apparently, we aren’t going to hear the rest of the story. I’m guessing it is a doozy, but it didn’t help his client.

She’s done.
I remember that comment well! So right, where is the rest of the story? Not even an attempt to tell us or the jury?

Cofer then:

Cofer now:
”That’s that.”

She’s done.
Well why didn’t -Ms Catch Me If You Can-
take the stand then Cofer?

JMO

It depends on when the jury gets the case. If closing arguments take up the morning, and they go to lunch before beginning to deliberate, it could go into a second day, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it end tomorrow evening. If they are close, I expect they will ask to be allowed to continue deliberating into the evening. I predict 6 hours, at most, and perhaps as few as about 4. JMO
KA is having a Turkey Baloney sandwich next week. Bet on it.

JMO

Mr Caprariello, who is in the courtroom, says that Mr Tobin’s testimony does not appear to have an impact on the jury.

So…5k nothing burger
JMO
Well he's right. Tobin's testimony had no impact.
Instead the jury was not alert, uninterested, half asleep, and hungry for lunch.

And let's not forget Cofer's comments to Dateline either (before gag order was imposed):

Also, where was all the testimony the defense told us we’d hear about KA’s traumatic past and why it’s her first instinct to run away from things? That’s literally the ONLY thing the defense told us we’d hear. Maybe they were banking on the state calling CA to testify and planned to bring that out during their cross examination.
This will come in during the sentencing phase. Each get another opening statement and can call witnesses....

Prosecution have enough IMO, still would like to see sister brought on
My own curiosity, same.

But some people don't do well on the stand. Too emotional, for instance. Result: sympathetic to the defendant.

The State may have made the exact right call here.

JMO

Let's not forget that Travis County is the most liberal county in the state of Texas, by far. Even if KA is convicted of felony murder, which I believe she will be, the penalty in the state is as little as five years up to the maximum, life without parole. This doesn't even take into consideration that, during the penalty phase, her attorney can, and almost certainly will argue that it was a crime of sudden passion, if she is convicted, and if that holds up, her sentence could be as little as two years. I do not really think that sudden passion defense would be successful here, as there is considerable evidence that KA stalked Mo for a period of time, and told at least two friends, about four months before she allegedly did, that she wanted to kill Mo, and had bought a gun. Having said that, I would not be certain that a jury in Travis County will necessarily give her the maximum penalty, especially if even one or two jurors take pity on her, and hold up deliberations. I can easily see her getting 20-30 years, which is about what it was rumored that she would have gotten if she had accepted the plea deal that she was offered, and rejected, shortly before jury selection.

I do hope she gets LWOP, and never draws another breath as a free woman, and am holding onto the hope that the jury will return with that verdict and sentence.

Last edited:
So do I have this right:

CS was called to confirm he owns 5 helmets, KA may have worn 2 of them, but does not know when she last wore one of his 5 helmets?

Also, to be shown photo of black gun lock but CS says he previously owned a red lock and doesn't know anything about the black lock.

So do I have this right:

CS was called to confirm he owns 5 helmets, KA may have worn 2 of them, but does not know when she last wore one of his 5 helmets?

Also, to be shown photo of black gun lock but CS says he previously owned a red lock and doesn't know anything about the black lock.
That was about the extent of it.

So MW DID lock the door when she returned from Pool & Burgers...

Mills Hayes
@MillsHayesTV

Mazak shows map showing Armstrong's jeep and phone are moving at the same time between 7:15-7:29PM. -Last RTT record for Kaitlin Armstrong's phone is at 7:30 PM, phone goes off right before jeep is nearing N Lamar Blvd on W 5th st
1:33 PM · Nov 14, 2023

5/11/22-7:30PM #KaitlinArmstrong's phone goes off network
-7:30 KA phone extraction data has "power off" event
-7:56 Moriah orders frozen hurricane from Pool Burger
-7:57 Colin & MW seen on Pool burger video
-8:03 KA's jeep begins traveling s, turns E on E 18th st
1:38 PM · Nov 14, 2023

5/11/22-8:05PM dark colored jeep seen on surveillance video traveling EB on E 18th st at Chestnut-KA's jeep circles block around Cash's apartment Mazak showing that surveillance footage of black jeep circling around murder scene matches up with jeep berla data.
1:41 PM · Nov 14, 2023

-8:16PM CS & MW seen on surveillance video leaving Pool Burger
-8:26 jeep on surveillance video near Maple Ave
-8:29 PM berla & video show jeep stop on E 18th St ner Chestnut Ave, stays for 3.5 mins
-8:33 jeep seen moving EB
-8:35 Colin's pneho, motorcycle (on video) moving N
1:51 PM · Nov 14, 2023

-8:36 Wilson locks door
-8:36 PM Colin texts Kaitlin's # "Hey! Are you out? I went to drop some flowers for Alison at her sons house up north and my phone died. Heading home unless you have another food suggestion"
-8:37PM Armstrong's jeep seen in alley next to Cash's apartment
1:55 PM · Nov 14, 2023

-8:41PM KA's jeep stops, no activity between 8:41-9:17
-8:43PM CS to KA "Are you back home?"
-8:50PM Colin's phone arrives back in their home area
-9:07 Allen Burrows calls CS, last almost 9 mins
-9:13PM Moriah text podcaster
-9:15 1703 Maple Ave screams heard on neighbors cam
2:02 PM · Nov 14, 2023

We just heard Moriah's last screams & gunshots. I see one of her family members plug their ears.

5/11/22
-9:17PM Track 100 of Kaitlin Armstrong's jeep begins, approaches IH 35 by 9:20PM
-9:21PM CS text to KA "Are you eating? I'm setting up bikes"
2:04 PM · Nov 14, 2023

-9:43PM KA's jeep drives up to apartment complex dumpster area (Tramor at Oak Bend Apt Homes)
-9:47PM KA's phone extraction data shows a "power on" event
-9:48 PM KA's jeep arrives at home
-9:54 PM Cash arrives home & calls 911
-9:55PM KA's phone back on network
2:07 PM · Nov 14, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors