GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like him handling Mo's bicycle so haphazardly. It feels disrespectful. MOO

That nearly made me cry.her bicycle is basically a memorial to her at this point. MOO
The bike was an extension of Mo. It was at one with her body.

There is going to be at least one cyclist on the jury who will hate that Cofer did this. I can't almost turn it on to see this. Even an amateur cyclist (like me) feel that the bike is them in some way.

@alcaprari23

Cofer wonders why Mo Wilson did not lock the door behind her. "Was she expecting Colin Strickland to return?""I guarantee you that if you convict Kaitlin Armstrong and she is exonerated, you will know why. Untested DNA!"State objects. Jury is being instructed to disregard that last statement.

12:05 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Cofer takes a seat. Defense Attorney Geoffrey Puryear now takes over.Puryear begins by stating all the things he doesn't know. Unlocked door, untested rape kit, untested swabs from black Jeep, etc. We don't know that, and you don't either, Puryear says to the jury. Says those "I don't knows" are important.

12:07 PM · Nov 16, 2023

@alcaprari23

Puryear says jury duty is a privilege and isn't easy. But that's why they are here. He points to several members of the jury and says that's why they are here."We observed you to be thinkers...to be gripped with the courage to ask the tough questions...to be willing to set aside your basic assumptions of what it means to be accused of a criminal offense."

12:08 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Brianna Hollis
@BriHollisNEWS

Cofer continued to dig into Armstrong/Strickland's relationship. Says Armstrong's frustrations about Strickland's action regarding Wilson are "normal" and that she's not a "jealous psycho killer"
8:41 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Cofer then addresses the data related to the Jeep and Armstrong's phone. "What you'll see when you actually look at the data is that you'll see you were presented with a perspective that wasn't true."
8:42 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Now talking about guns. Mentions records show Armstrong went to range once vs. multiple times and the friend that went with her said she was "totally normal" and "not murdery."
8:47 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Next topic - DNA.
Cofer: There are two realities. Either Armstrong was there and that’s why her DNA was found on that bike OR a person wearing gloves had their hands on a steering wheel that had Kaitlin’s DNA.
8:51 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Cofer brings up the DNA found on the bike that did not match that of Armstrong/Strickland/Cash/Wilson.
8:54 AM · Nov 16, 2023

[Not a perfect match but KA could not be eliminated]

Cofer says Armstrong was known to consistently and spontaneously travel internationally. He says it was reasonable for her to be concerned that her bf may have killed someone.. or that the person who killed Wilson might come after her.
9:00 AM · Nov 16, 2023

[Yup... Arrogant and irresponsible KA]

Cofer: "Police think she committed this crime, they don't know."
9:01 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Now we're back to Strickland. Rick brings up how he said Armstrong was sweet, not needy and that at a time he could not imagine Armstrong hurting anyone.
9:03 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"Anyone could have entered that unlocked apartment," - Cofer.
9:04 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Geoffrey Puryear now takes over Defense's closings.
9:05 AM · Nov 16, 2023

A guilty verdict means putting the "I don't know's" you have and putting in a box and pretending they don't exist. Your "I don't know's" are something you need to start thinking about.
9:06 AM · Nov 16, 2023

The bike was an extension of Mo. It was at one with her body.

There is going to be at least one cyclist on the jury who will hate that Cofer did this. I can't almost turn it on to see this. Even an amateur cyclist (like me) feel that the bike is them in some way.
Cyclist here also and I agree 100%. You really don't touch a person's bike without their permission. That was very unsettling. I can't imagine how the family felt.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Puryear now talking about DNA. “One thing they all agree on, is this. DNA means that a clump of cells was found in the exact spot they were collecting from.” Puryear says there’s a tendency to mythologize DNA.

12:09 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Puryear says DNA is not a crystal ball or a time machine. He says all DNA is, is an artifact. Puryear is critical of Kalafut’s testimony.

12:10 PM · Nov 16, 2023

I don't like the suggestion about Mo not locking the door behind her. She was staying with a friend. I don't typically go into my friends houses and lock the door behind me. Also, her friend wasn't yet home so perhaps she left it unlocked knowing her friend was on her way home. If I recall correctly it wasn't even 45 minutes later she returned to find her friend dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper