GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

Says the defense's theory would be a four-time DNA transfer. The expert testified that he had rarely heard of a successful four-time transfer of DNA.

12:55 PM · Nov 16, 2023
He made it seem even more unlikely by using the obscure word quaternary. I mean, it's hard for most people to wrap their head around "tertiary".

Surely they will show her when her verdict comes in. How does she rate all this secretive treatment?! Pftttt didn’t even get to see her when Rickey pointed at her!
IMO

The camera did pan over to her at the end of Gonzalez's argument when he said the evidence will all point at her (he walked over to stand in front of her). She just stared ahead, expressionless.

You guys! WOW! I missed it all live, but I just hopped through 17 pages to get caught up. Your summaries and posting of the tweets were an incredible read. Prosecution knocked it out of the park! I half expected to see there was already a guilty verdict by the time I caught up on this thread.

This won’t take long.
She will be eating her Thanksgiving turkey IN PRISON.

You guys! WOW! I missed it all live, but I just hopped through 17 pages to get caught up. Your summaries and posting of the tweets were an incredible read. Prosecution knocked its out of the park! I half expected to see there was already a guilty verdict by the time I caught up on this thread.

This won’t take long.
She will be eating her Thanksgiving turkey IN PRISON.
Hopefully her birthday dinner too! She has a birthday Tuesday!

Brianna Hollis
@BriHollisNEWS

We're back, Puryear continues.
9:38 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Puryear asks jurors to put aside their emotions as they analyze the evidence.
9:41 AM · Nov 16, 2023

He ends with:But that Kaitlin Armstrong is a murderer? That she committed this crime? Are we certain? Do we know that for sure? Find her not guilty.State back up now.
9:44 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Guillermo Gonzalez up for the State. He begins with several questions/statements beginning with the phrase "But Rick?" Defense attorney Rick Cofer started several statements with that phrase as he addressed the jury during his arguments.
9:46 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"No one saw her murder Moriah Wilson. But all the evidence points in one direction, to the defendant."
9:49 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Gonzalez discusses the State's rebuttal witness who spoke on DNA yesterday who talked about how third-and fourth-degree transfers are uncommon.
9:55 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Armstrong's face has remain unchanged - straight. Looking forward.
9:58 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Gonzalez asks why there's no DNA from Strickland on the bike. Defense raised questions about Armstrong's DNA possibly being there because Strickland had Armstrong's DNA on him and Strickland may have touched the bike.
10:00 AM · Nov 16, 2023

He's now bringing ballistics testimony back up from Steve Aston. Remember, Aston's examination resulted in him believing three projectiles came from Armstrong's gun. Evidence from others on scene were inconclusive for various reasons, including projectile condition.
10:03 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Now onto Armstrong's trip to the range. Gonzalez: She bought the same box of ammo that was found at the crime scene. She had her pick of litter.
10:06 AM · Nov 16, 2023

As he describes the moment of the shooting, Wilson's brother Matt looks down. Cash's arm is around him. Wilson's father has his arm around her mother.
10:08 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"Why does she have this note in her phone for 1704 Maple.. and then deletes it? Why? Why Rick" - Gonzalez.(That's right next to the address of of the home Wilson was killed at)
10:11 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"This is somebody who's a fugitive trying desperately to get away with it," Gonzalez says about Armstrong going to Costa Rica. "This was not a frolic."
10:12 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"Keep your eye on the evidence."
10:14 AM · Nov 16, 2023

"You're going to find the evidence is right there," Gonzalez says, walking over to and pointing at Armstrong. Armstrong remains still.

Judge dismisses jurors to begin deliberations.
10:16 AM · Nov 16, 2023

Surely they will show her when her verdict comes in. How does she rate all this secretive treatment?! Pftttt didn’t even get to see her when Rickey pointed at her!
IMO
Court TV reported that there is only one pool camera inside the courtroom for closing and it's not directed towards the defendant. (Video is shared feed).

I imagine the only consternation in the jury room is what to have for lunch. Surely we'll have a verdict by the end of the day.
Seriously, at this point, all they are likely deliberating is how long they must stay in the deliberations room, until they can come back in with their verdict, without it appearing that they didn't spend any time deliberating. I would not be surprised if a poll of the jurors, when they first went in, was unanimously guilty. Three to four hours, including lunch break...JMO

No doubt!

I imagine that she is going to be on the news in due time after her conviction popping out of a sewer.
Danelo Cavalcante broke out of the Chester County Prison in PA by crabwalking outside up an area between 2 walls, with guards on duty in the outdoor area, and even managed to get past 2 rounds of razor wire on the roof. I hope her prison is more secure than that one.

Seriously, at this point, all they are likely deliberating is how long they must stay in the deliberations room, until they can come back in with their verdict, without it appearing that they didn't spend any time deliberating. I would not be surprised if a poll of the jurors, when they first went in, was unanimously guilty. Three to four hours, including lunch break...JMO
There will be lots of discussion since it wasn't allowed before.
"Can you believe that <modsnip> tried to pin it on a vandal, or on CS?
"So are we to believe a ghost was driving that Jeep around?"
"Pineapple juice, seriously?"
"Yeah, she just wanted another look with that plastic surgery"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics