TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to go to sleep so badly, but I just can't...I don't want to until they get this person out. Wfaa reported flash bang being used at el centro where the coward holed up.

I was surprised to hear him state publicly 'the guy says there's bombs all over the city.' That's the kind of stuff that makes people panic.

Yes, agreeing ^ could cause ppl to panic.

OTOH, ^ might encourage ppl to stay home/i-place, or at least convince them not to flock to area of protest/riot/what-ev. Possible?

Need to go to sleep so badly, but I just can't...I don't want to until they get this person out. Wfaa reported flash bang being used at el centro where the coward holed up.

I turned off the news a while ago, I did not know it was still that fluid!

Going forward, I hope and pray the protesters leave their children at home!

Heading to bed and praying there are no more casualties tonight. LE needs to get this suspect into custody. Praying for Dallas.

Have to try and go to sleep, my prayers go out to all those who will feel the ripple effect from this senseless tragedy. I pray for the cops who lost friends, and are still out there working, trying to end this standoff. Mostly I just pray for more love and kindness in the world.

Brent Thompson is DART officer who died.

"The person who did this tonight doesn't walk with anyone."

From the local anchor. I'm so impressed with this news crew I wish they were in my city.

To clarify: Five officers killed; four Dallas Police Officers and 1 DART Officer.

CORRECTION.

In other words, the dude is dead.

Still a threat from possible bombs.

I bet the coward DIDNT plant any bombs. I think he just said that to try and keep the onslaught away from him in the garage.

Deadliest day for LE since 9/11 attacks per CNN.

I bet the coward DIDNT plant any bombs. I think he just said that to try and keep the onslaught away from him in the garage.

If only the cops they killed got to make that same choice to keep away from the onslaught.

Coward.

I tend to doubt that he planted bombs around the city as well. Nevertheless, they will have to scour that whole area. And, there is always the possibility (these days) that there are explosives at his home, etc.

All around tragedy for everyone.

Yes, agreeing ^ could cause ppl to panic.

OTOH, ^ might encourage ppl to stay home/i-place, or at least convince them not to flock to area of protest/riot/what-ev. Possible?

Thought i would sleep - nope out of Luensta, uh. He killed himself

I think the ramifications of this are going to be very problematic. Not necc cause LE were targeted, but nationwide, correctly IMO, are insensed about LE handling of the other two cases, out of too many, that have come to lite the past years.

People are going to want to continue to protest nationwide. But, this is going to escalate everything, LE at any future protests, are going to very anxious. Possibly leading to less restraint during other protests.

Increasing the liklihood of further problems. The right to protest is a promise, so now what?

It will be intersting to see if all folks shots were cacassion, or were some AA cops shot at.

The liklihood of copy cats sees high. By that I mean as oppossed to a complicated terrorist attack , this is not hard to replicate - get a gun.

Down the line, what happens if there is a repeat? Officials are then going to want to clamp down on protets, which will further insense the AA population that understandably wants to demand this abuse stops.

Seems like a cycle might have been "set-up - here.

As far as the meida goes, as more and more info is discovered about the other two incidents, as a result of tonight, those stores will be eclipsed by this event, which could the boiling pot to simmer, while at the same time, it is IMO, important not to have those two murders drop out of the coverage.

I do not understand the medias endless we want to know "why"in this case. I would think the answer to that has been prettty evident from the get go.

Pulse had much more "why" questions than tonight .

I remain confused how the story , for so long, was a three shot event , there were plently of witnesses, and cameras, and media all ready in action at the location. I would think , as it march moved along the area of the shootings would be relativily compact.

I think the numbers of shots , when I first saw video that gave a much more reality about the amount of bullets that actually were flying during the event

A mess

mooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members