TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. IMO, he’s not doing anything without legal advise. IMO, if his high dollar lawyers had told him to toss the girls’ things in the trash, he wouldn’t have missed a beat. IMO, his actions now tell us he is capable of following legal advice, nothing more, nothing less.

IMO, he deserves to have his life turned upside down. I’m glad he’s got a stellar defense team. I think he’s going to need it, and he won’t be able to whine later that he wasn’t well represented. I think there’s A LOT more to this story that we’ll be hearing about eventually.

Why on earth does he deserve to have his life turned upside down?? There has not been one iota of evidence to prove he had anything to do with their deaths. Nichol's family and friends have turned this into a very public witch hunt and he would be a fool not to lawyer up.

Oh, please. IMO, he’s not doing anything without legal advise. IMO, if his high dollar lawyers had told him to toss the girls’ things in the trash, he wouldn’t have missed a beat. IMO, his actions now tell us he is capable of following legal advice, nothing more, nothing less.

IMO, he deserves to have his life turned upside down. I’m glad he’s got a stellar defense team. I think he’s going to need it, and he won’t be able to whine later that he wasn’t well represented. I think there’s A LOT more to this story that we’ll be hearing about eventually.

I’m awaiting the “high dollar team” speaking publicly about NO & her problems that led her to commit S & imo double murder. JMO

Why on earth does he deserve to have his life turned upside down?? There has not been one iota of evidence to prove he had anything to do with their deaths. Nichol's family and friends have turned this into a very public witch hunt and he would be a fool not to lawyer up.

Yes, he would be incredibly foolish not to lawyer up. If he’s innocent, I feel bad for him. Truly, I do.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe he is innocent. And I absolutely believe there’s much more to the story than what we’re hearing at this point.

Why are NO and the girls’ family and friends so angry with CW? Maybe I don’t understand because I haven’t read any of the comments posted by them, except for a few by the dads. It sounds like they are accusing him of killing all three of them, and if so, on what basis?

I’m also curious as to what lead you to say NO “was ‘counterfeit’”?

I want to be careful here as speculation is such a tricky thing. One can speculate on endless scenarios, each one more of a stretch than the previous one. We just don’t know, and all the guessing in the world does not get us any closer to the truth without verified information.

That said, perhaps the answer to why NO’s family and friends are so angry with CW says more about their perspective than anything about him. These family & friends obviously cared deeply for NO and/or her children, and at one point in time they may have been happy and relieved that it appeared NO had found someone like CW to love, provide for and protect her and her girls. The expectations may have been very high that this was the relationship that would last and the instability that had been in her history was finally in her past. When that turned out to be a false expectation, and 3 lives have been lost, it is more than a disappointment. It is devastating to so abruptly go from happiness for them that things are so much better, to utter disbelief that it was not to be, and there would be no more further opportunities to get it right the next time. I can see they are suffering too. I just can’t support their anger at someone who probably tried his best to make this relationship work but was not equipped to deal with the mental health issues that would contribute to a person choosing suicide. That is what must be hard for the friends and family to come to terms with. They may have placed undue and unfair trust on CW to help keep NO in a good healthy mental health state of mind. And THAT is an impossible task. No one person is responsible for a suicide except the one who chooses to commit the act.

Yes, he would be incredibly foolish not to lawyer up. If he’s innocent, I feel bad for him. Truly, I do.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe he is innocent. And I absolutely believe there’s much more to the story than what we’re hearing at this point.

I agree there’s much more to the story, I believe NO had motive & once revealed, people will understand. Jmo

I’m awaiting the “high dollar team” speaking publicly about NO & her problems that led her to commit S & imo double murder. JMO

Just MOO, but until/unless CW is charged with anything regarding this tragedy, HIPAA laws prevent CW’s legal team from making any comment or accusation regarding the health of NO?

Last edited:
Just MOO, but until/unless CW is charged with anything regarding this tragedy, HIPAA laws prevent CW’s legal team from making any comment or accusation regarding the health of NO.
HIPAA laws don't apply to CW telling people about Nichol's mental health problems. He wasn't her health care provider. If his attorneys haven't subpoenaed Nichol's medical records, they can share any info CW has told them about Nichol's issues.

Just MOO, but until/unless CW is charged with anything regarding this tragedy, HIPAA laws prevent CW’s legal team from making any comment or accusation regarding the health of NO.

Will HIPAA law apply to him, since he isn't in the medical profession? If he knows for a fact she had documented mental issues, I believe he can speak of it publicly. He just has to be sure he can back it up.

If CW is in fact proven innocent (as many on this thread believe will be the case), what do we think the likelihood is of him suing the people that have been publicly calling him an abuser and a murder and claiming to have personal information to prove it (assuming these ppl can’t actually prove said accusations and are blowing smoke)? Note: I hope this kind of question is allowed on WS...if not, my apologies.

I just think that in today’s world of SM, people have to be held accountable for what they post. Even though you’re behind a computer screen, your words are still potentially impactful. I have read some of the worst accusations possible against CW, but every single one is based on something they were told/heard, etc.There has to be an initial source to these allegations yet I haven’t seen ONE person name or own being the source. We should all be afraid if this kind of behavior/Lynch mob mentality is tolerated and goes unpunished. It could be any one of us subjected to online torture without evidence at this rate. Again, all IMO and if this isn’t allowed, sorry/delete.

I doubt he’s interested in suing a bunch of John/Jane Does. His friends know him & support him. That’s more meaningful than trivial lawsuits, imo.
IMO & how I would feel, is move on with my life & exercise caution in future relationships.
Moo, the sight of the children will haunt him, forever. IMO only, he prob’ was not surprised at NO’s actions. He lived with her, he observed sides of her she likely hid from her clients/friends. Moo, all that jazz.

HIPAA laws don't apply to CW telling people about Nichol's mental health problems. He wasn't her health care provider. If his attorneys haven't subpoenaed Nichol's medical records, they can share any info CW has told them about Nichol's issues.

I think the truth will come out. I expect a statement, at the appropriate time. IMO, we’re dealing with two entirely different social classes here. His & hers. Jmo

Do HIPAA laws apply to the average citizen discussing someone’s health? I thought they were only applicable to treatments providers, etc. This is a real question—not disagreeing bc I have no idea. Or are you saying if they were attempt to get her medical records it would be a HIPAA violation for the facility/doctor to turn them over?

Edited to add that multiple ppl already asked this similar question and I should have finished reading the thread before asking. lol

Also, calling a suicide selfish is i don't know.... I don't see it as a selfish thing to do. You don't commit suicide over nothing imo whether its a rational decision or not. Calling people that are suffering selfish is seflish imo or maybe a little ignorant because ''we'' can't imagine how its like to feel that way. I was suicidal years ago and never thought about leaving my loved ones behind and that this was a selfish thing to do. It does not cross a suicidal persons mind and many feel guilt or like a burden to their loved ones.

I'm curious to see the tox. results.
RSBM for focus

I just wanted to say I couldn’t agree more.

I have been diagnosed with both dysthymia and major depression (as well as PTSD). A little over a year ago, after having the worst flashback of my life, I tried to overdose on pills. In the past, I would always think of my children and be able to stop myself. Not this time. Looking back, I might have been experiencing “major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features” (“Major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features means that the content of the hallucinations and delusions is consistent with typical depressive themes. These may include feelings of personal inadequacy, guilt, or worthlessness.”) because I was absolutely convinced that they would be better off without me and that they needed a new, healthier mom. Of course, I know that is not true, but that’s what I truly believed at the time.
Major Depression with Psychotic Features

To this day, I don’t remember any of this, but apparently, somehow I managed to call my therapist and then 911. Nor do I remember how I was able to walk downstairs or unlock the door to let the first responders in.

After a couple of days in the neurocardiology unit (I had had a seizure while still in the ER), I was moved to the psych unit.

The following weekend, the kids came to see me there. They were 15 and 13 at the time and fully understood what I had done. I felt so guilty and wanted to make sure they knew it wasn’t their fault. I just kept apologizing to them and telling them how much I loved them, They both told me to stop and gave me the biggest hugs.

There are only five people I have told this to, including the kids. They each have told a couple of their friends that I’m aware of.

I don’t know if Nichol and her daughters’ deaths had anything to do with mental illness. But if she did suffer from a mental disorder, I’m fairly sure there are people who are aware of it, and they will bring it to LE’s attention, if they haven’t already.

Last edited:
RSBM for focus

I have been diagnosed with both dysthymia and major depression (as well as PTSD). A little over a year ago, after having the worst flashback of my life, I tried to overdose on pills. In the past, I would always think of my children and be able to stop myself. Not this time. Looking back, I might have been experiencing “major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features” (“Major depressive disorder with mood-congruent psychotic features means that the content of the hallucinations and delusions is consistent with typical depressive themes. These may include feelings of personal inadequacy, guilt, or worthlessness.”) because I was absolutely convinced that they would be better off without me and that they needed a new, healthier mom. Of course, I know that is not true, but that’s what I truly believed at the time.

To this day, I don’t remember any of this, but apparently, somehow I managed to call my therapist and then 911. Nor do I remember how I was able to walk downstairs or unlock the door to let the first responders in.

After a couple of days in the neurocardiology unit (I had had a seizure while still in the ER), I was moved to the psych unit.

The following weekend, the kids came to see me there. They were 15 and 13 at the time and fully understood what I had done. I felt so guilty and wanted to make sure they knew it wasn’t their fault. I just kept apologizing to them and telling them how much I loved them, They both told me to stop and gave me the biggest hugs.

There are only five people I have told this to, including the kids. They each have told a couple of their friends that I’m aware of.

I don’t know if Nichol and her daughters’ deaths had anything to do with mental illness. But if she did suffer from a mental disorder, I’m fairly sure there are people who are aware of it.

Wow. Thank you for sharing and I’m so sorry you suffer with that (I assume it’s something that you still have to deal with daily to make sure you stay healthy?) Lastly, I’m glad you weren’t successful in your attempt and you are blessed to have sweet, loving children.

Looking at a map of the development, it only states 1 guard house that I can see Anaqua Springs | Plat Map
The site also states
  • Gated Entry with Security Guard on Duty
  • 24-Hour Video Surveillance at entry
If this is the house and it is 2.7 acre then it looks like it could be lot 6-2 or 2-17 on the map https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11314-Anaqua-Spgs-Boerne-TX-78006/69642631_zpid/

It hasn't been reported anywhere that neighbours head gunshots and based on them being found the next morning, can we assume this no neighbours raised the alarm based on gunshots? If this is the case 1.) is 2.7 acres large enough for them not to be heard 2.) there so much hunting / shooting that gunshots are not unusual 3.) silencer or 4.) other. Where I live 3 or 4 gunshots from a residential house would be heard by neighbours and police called as it would be unusual.

Without knowing what the fencing is like around the perimeter, the development is large enough that someone might be able to enter / exit without being noticed, unless picked-up by other properties' cameras.

I also don't think we can read anything into CW or any other person leaving at a certain time meaning they are guilty or innocent. CW could have left by the guard gate and 10 minutes later, NO killed herself and the girls, or someone (not NO) left 10 minutes after killing NO and the girls by the guard gate. My point being the records of the guard gate may not determine or exonerate CW / anyone else.

RSBM for focus

I don’t know if Nichol and her daughters’ deaths had anything to do with mental illness. But if she did suffer from a mental disorder, I’m fairly sure there are people who are aware of it, and they will bring it to LE’s attention, if they haven’t already.

That is very personal to you and thank you for sharing.. I believe personal experience/perspective is critical to understanding (not right word as I know we can't but for want of better) thankfully you were able to come through that xx

I am on fence with regards to what happened here and await more facts... Xx

The baseless blaming of someone else is a pretty common emotion.

If CW was such a "bad" guy, why didn't the girls' fathers attempt to remove them from his household? So far, no evidence they even tried to do so.

JMO

Exactly.
I’m wondering if the group in disbelief over NO’s demise knew her or maybe shared a social experience with her & knew her vaguely. It’s not uncommon to meet new people at clubs, luncheons, holiday get togethers, etc. Or, to know someone as a friend of a friend and not really be “friends”. With work, family & relationship, I would assume NO had little time to hang with friends. Jmo
It’s difficult, as we age, to maintain friendships, we exist in a busy world. Moo

I was initially in the CW needs to be investigated mindset, and also had a lot of sympathy for the friends. Sympathy for the friends is dwindling quickly. To start with, the *** is extremely questionable. Then a friend MT is saying CW better not show up at the Memorial. Wrong place and wrong time for that attitude. What if he is proven innocent and they denied him proper grieving. None of them can say anything about the way he has handled anything. Her attitude is the reason why he gets a pass. That is trashy and immature. With regard to the possessions of the children, I agree they arrived at an inopportune time, but maybe he tried to get them there in time, in case there was something of hers the family wanted to put in her casket, for example. I suppose he should have just ordered a big dumpster and they would have been more approving of the way he handled it? Seriously. I apologize if my comment isn't appreciated. I just believe the friends need to check themselves. Some are handling this with dignity, but it isn't them. The father of AM can respond and grieve how he wants. None of us can imagine the emotions he is going thru. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

If CW hadn’t sent the belongings, omg, imagine the outcry “he won’t give the “items” up, he’s withholding thing.....”.
NO’s friends seem to want the spotlight, imo.

The baseless blaming of someone else is a pretty common emotion.

If CW was such a "bad" guy, why didn't the girls' fathers attempt to remove them from his household? So far, no evidence they even tried to do so.

JMO
Weren’t there three separate occasions where papers were served? Perhaps he was.

RSBM for focus

Thank you so much for sharing that. :)I’m sure it wasn’t easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000