Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, today the Secretary of the Army is using words and phrases like "patience" and "disappearance" (instead of "murder") and "find the truth".

Maybe I am being unfair because I am so upset by the murder of Vanessa Guillen; but I think that the time for "patience" is long over;
and the "truth" is that Vanessa Guillen was murdered--so why is Mr. Secretary using soft words like "disappearance"?
His words sound disturbingly weak and passionless to me.
This is so true and makes me so angry

I agree, I found his lack of 'seriousness' upsetting. I totally understand wanting to wait until the facts say that Vanessa's body was positively identified, but even then — there's a mountain of evidence that says there was AT LEAST foul play, and he can't even acknowledge that. His comments make it sound like she just ran away...he's trying to tiptoe around all angles, so he's playing it safe for the media.

MOO
There is only an affidavit against one suspect. She hasn't even had a preliminary hearing. A public official cannot state what happened as fact, when the police theory hasn't been proven in court. That would prejudice any future trial against her. It doesn't matter what the media or the public says, the courts are still the place where people are put on trial, found innocent or guilty, and punished for crimes.

Also, to dwell on the manner of someone's death, when you are announcing their death, is considered bad manners. A person is a lot more than the manner of their death, whether heart attack or murder. JMO

Does anyone know the troops that either VG or AR were in? I ask because I know that while they were in the same 3CR squadron, it's my understanding that they were working in separate arms rooms and VG left hers to go check with AR on gun serial numbers. I'm trying to map out the distance and final crime scene (AR's arms room) as it relates to visibility and possible witnesses.

They were one building apart
In hindsight, sure we'd feel that way but of course a parent can't actually do that with an adult offspring.

Where are you getting ten miles from? Everything I've read just says AR was "a few" miles from base.

It was 3.9 miles!

So, today the Secretary of the Army is using words and phrases like "patience" and "disappearance" (instead of "murder") and "find the truth".

Maybe I am being unfair because I am so upset by the murder of Vanessa Guillen; but I think that the time for "patience" is long over;
and the "truth" is that Vanessa Guillen was murdered--so why is Mr. Secretary using soft words like "disappearance"?
His words sound disturbingly weak and passionless to me.

There are hundreds of replies to the Secretary's tweet and many echoing your sentiment.

Also, of equal concern seems to be the Army's definitive comments at Thursday's presser that seemingly dismissed VG's allegation of sexual harassment.

I agree that when listening to the presser, it seemed this part of the investigation was done and closed.

Huh? The accuser is dead before she could testify -- how can your investigation be finished?

Actually, I found the entire presser an awful look for the Army, and no doubt that all the brass out today is damage control. MOO

Army officials say no link between sexual harassment, Vanessa Guillen's disappearance

July 2, 2020

"The criminal investigation has not found any connection between sexual harassment and Vanessa’s disappearance. All sexual harassment allegations are being investigated in this case, as they are in every other instance," said Maj. Gen. Scott Efflandt, the top command of Fort Hood. "The criminal investigation has not found a link to incidents of sexual harassment. The allegations of sexual harassment made by the family, as well as other allegations that have been made as part of this investigation into the disappearance, I take very seriously."

Also, of equal concern seems to be the Army's definitive comments at Thursday's presser that seemingly dismissed VG's allegation of sexual harassment.

I agree that when listening to the presser, it seemed this part of the investigation was done and closed.

Huh? The accuser is dead before she could testify -- how can your investigation be finished?

Actually, I found the entire presser an awful look for the Army, and no doubt that all the brass out today is damage control. MOO

Army officials say no link between sexual harassment, Vanessa Guillen's disappearance

July 2, 2020

"The criminal investigation has not found any connection between sexual harassment and Vanessa’s disappearance. All sexual harassment allegations are being investigated in this case, as they are in every other instance," said Maj. Gen. Scott Efflandt, the top command of Fort Hood. "The criminal investigation has not found a link to incidents of sexual harassment. The allegations of sexual harassment made by the family, as well as other allegations that have been made as part of this investigation into the disappearance, I take very seriously."

I agree that should have been phrased more clearly. But I took it to just mean that they don't think AR was the person VG was speaking about to her family as the one who was sexually harassing her (as opposed to them saying they don't believe she was sexually harassed at all or that they have dropped that whole issue). And I could easily see a pretty, single, young woman running into more than one problem male on a base full of men, unfortunately.

There are hundreds of replies to the Secretary's tweet and many echoing your sentiment.

July 2, 2020

I expect their results will be no validity to sexual harassment and they will go with the best story for them IMO

San Antonio Activists Plan Vigil For Vanessa Guillen At Fort Sam Houston On Saturday

"The group Autonomous Brown Berets De San Anto has scheduled a vigil and rally Saturday at 5 p.m. in front of Fort Sam Houston to honor Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen. The event, one of several throughout Texas, will also highlight the violence women in the military and throughout society face on a regular basis.

"The amount of violence they face while being dismissed," the Facebook event page explained, "is not only a shame on the military -- it is a shame on all of us. It's been normalized, and we will no longer accept it.""

"Organizers pointed out that although Guillen was stationed at Fort Hood, near Killeen, holding at vigil at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio makes sense because violence "is something at all military bases around the world. Women in the military face abuse, assault, rape, and murder at such high rates and nothing is done to protect them by their leadership.""

I agree that should have been phrased more clearly. But I took it to just mean that they don't think AR was the person VG was speaking about to her family as the one who was sexually harassing her (as opposed to them saying they don't believe she was sexually harassed at all or that they have dropped that whole issue). And I could easily see a pretty, single, young woman running into more than one problem male on a base full of men, unfortunately.

Yeah I took it more or less the same way. There may have been harassment, and there is an investigation, but that wasn't why she died.

I don't suppose we'll ever hear anything--military discipline isn't usually made public. But that doesn't mean nothing is being done.

There is only an affidavit against one suspect. She hasn't even had a preliminary hearing. A public official cannot state what happened as fact, when the police theory hasn't been proven in court. That would prejudice any future trial against her. It doesn't matter what the media or the public says, the courts are still the place where people are put on trial, found innocent or guilty, and punished for crimes.

Also, to dwell on the manner of someone's death, when you are announcing their death, is considered bad manners. A person is a lot more than the manner of their death, whether heart attack or murder. JMO

Exactly; thank you. This Army girl appreciates it. Passion is good, but so is unbiased commentary as it relates and reflects upon any future proceedings.

I'm not sure if this has been touched on yet, but I know that authorities found her car keys, room key, ID card, and wallet all in the Fort Hood armory where she had been working on April 22nd. But, she must've gotten to work somehow, and since they found her car keys, I'm assuming she drove to the armory from wherever she lived (on/off base?). Does anyone know what happened to her white Jeep? IMO, I think it's relevant in buiding the narrative. What do you guys think?

I’m so heartbroken for Vanessa and her family. I have so many thoughts swirling around in my ADHD brain right now that I can’t even express how sick I feel about all of this. There are way too many wrongs in this case. This young woman was robbed of her future, her family and friends will be forever scarred. I cannot fathom what could ever be considered justice in this case. Taking a moment to pray for Vanessa, her family and loved ones.

A big thank you to all who contribute here and keep me informed. ❤️

Usually I would agree. But from the moment the Army had the family meet with A. Robinson to discuss her disappearance they lost credibilty.

TM has experience with the dark side of entitled and bungling police interface. To me, I trust he knows it when he sees it.

There are some who are so committed to justice they are willing to step up and face the wrath of an entrenched status quo that no longer serves it's purpose. These are my heros. Ironically VG looks like a detective I know. I was brought to tears this morning when I recalled this dynamite detective, a female Latino, who would call out any LE not going the distance. And #Iamvanessaguillen. Yes, there is a dark side to these institutions, but we must never give up on bringing them into the light. This is what VG would want. Some times one has to step out and up when institutions can not. This is what takes us forward.

One thing stands out about AR to me.
MOO His lie to CA.
Its very good and obviously did the trick.
From this I take that he was very smart about manipulating people.
Agree. IMO it’s about control with someone like him. He had CA under his control. I believe the fact that he couldn’t control Vanessa is why he murdered her. I’m sorry to add this, but I also think it’s likely he raped her first. (Channeling my inner Olivia Benson here)

I'm not sure if this has been touched on yet, but I know that authorities found her car keys, room key, ID card, and wallet all in the Fort Hood armory where she had been working on April 22nd. But, she must've gotten to work somehow, and since they found her car keys, I'm assuming she drove to the armory from wherever she lived (on/off base?). Does anyone know what happened to her white Jeep? IMO, I think it's relevant in buiding the narrative. What do you guys think?

If, as it is often said, AR did not assault or harass VG, what could have possibly been his motive?

In that I think it is very important to know what happened to her vehicle.

What exactly did VG know about AR?
What are all the possible scenarios?
One thing I was wondering is if he may have stolen weapons. She might have found a discrepancy in his recordkeeping.

There also could have been multiple motives. When one goes to dark places, there are multiple scenarios.

Transportation is often a critical factor.

They haven't found evidence of sexual harrassment?
Except a female soldier killed midday almost certainly raped and killed.

Who do they believe?

PFC in good standing VG
She said she was being harrassed.

Or

CA the monster
Said that VG was threatening to turn AR in for an affair

If, as it is often said, AR did not assault or harass VG, what could have possibly been his motive?

In that I think it is very important to know what happened to her vehicle.

What exactly did VG know about AR?
What are all the possible scenarios?
One thing I was wondering is if he may have stolen weapons. She might have found a discrepancy in his recordkeeping.

There also could have been multiple motives. When one goes to dark places, there are multiple scenarios.

Transportation is often a critical factor.

Yes, I absolutely think you're right on all accounts. My thinking with the car also relates to how the following investigation was handled.

If they know she was last seen in the parking lot on Old Ironsides Avenue across from the armories, would they not check surveillance cameras from the buildings that point to the parking lot? Wouldn't they also then see AR apparently loading his vehicle with the Pelican box? With the car specifically, if her Jeep was still parked in the parking lot after she went missing, that's a clear indicator that something went wrong and she probably never left the base alive/conscious.

MOO

Who do they believe?

PFC in good standing VG

Or

CA the monster
I think there are some truths to CA’s statements. I think a jury, given what we know so far, wouldn’t necessarily see the fact that she cooperated after the fact means they would have to believe all of her statements. Especially when they would have to consider the source of what she was told.

Yes, I absolutely think you're right on all accounts. My thinking with the car also relates to how the following investigation was handled.

If they know she was last seen in the parking lot on Old Ironsides Avenue across from the armories, would they not check surveillance cameras from the buildings that point to the parking lot? Wouldn't they also then see AR apparently loading his vehicle with the Pelican box? With the car specifically, if her Jeep was still parked in the parking lot after she went missing, that's a clear indicator that something went wrong and she probably never left the base alive/conscious.

MOO
I do remember reading somewhere that it was reported he was witnessed having trouble loading a pelican box in his vehicle, so that was seen by an individual at least, whether it was someone watching him in the parking lot or on a security camera I don't know.
Personally, I would like to know what was found in VGs car beyond it being found after her disappearance as it may have clues.
Another thing I never see mentioned is this: how convenient it is for CA that AR is no longer around to contest her claims/testimony! My word the girl can make up anything she likes? What if there was more involvement on her part? Or a deeper story/conflict? We will never know unless people who knew all parties start talking and like many have said, they may not for fear of retribution. They may be likely to just go with the military's official story line, whether it is partial truth or not. There will be much pressure to keep it as simple and clean as possible.
I always hope for a dedicated investigator to take the time to bring out the real truth later. The benefit of authored biographies is a more complete truth.

But if her vehicle was not on base, when she was found missing, there could be much more to the story.

And as I can see it CA is free to make up any story she wants for now.
I really hope all the agencies are collaborating and truly dedicated to finding out the truth. Too much room for fudging here.

Who do they believe?

PFC in good standing VG

Or

CA the monster

CA is seriously twisted. That complicates motive. There are probably multiple factors. If I recall she seemed sadistic. It is hard to figure out motive in such minds.
Did AR truly control CA or was she a willing participant? I say she was willing and it wasn't just for benefits. She is twisted. Control? I think they, AR and CA, both had their own little perverse reasons for their actions. One should always be mindful of which rabbit hole one goes down because it's not always easy to find your way out of the darkness.

I believe VG. Harassment is a real thing in the military, has been and will be and the troops know they can play it, if that is how they choose to get through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine