Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That area is part of West Fort Hood/Robert Gray Army Airfield. I primarily worked from this location 15 years ago. My squadron was just north of the airfield and the weather station I forecasted out of was right on the airfield. Only military personnel/contractors/people with on base passes can access that area. There was a second gate you had to enter to get to the airfield itself (as with Hood Army Airfield on main Fort Hood).

Thank you for the reply. You have assisted me more than you know. I wish I could speak to you privately. I am about 1000K miles away.

We frequently ran PT up that "mountain." A side note is, that is where those huge old concrete missile bunkers are. They are generally used for storing of equipment now and each until that has been assigned a bunker for storage will have their own locks/keys to access the bunker. Each one is huge and I can't estimate the number that are built into that hillside. My squadron had 2 of those bunkers and an old Radio/Satellite building (also on West Fort Hood but to the north) so I am familiar with the inside of 2 of those bunkers. There is also a barracks location just north of the airfield.

Last edited:
I did think of one more thing that may or may not be pertinent. Back then, I needed badges to get in to some of the major buildings. If I had a briefing at the 1 Cav headquarters there was a badge specifically for 1CD. 3rd Corps headquarters was the same or there was a sign in sheet for guests, also for 4ID (though they have since moved).

Many of the field exercises required badges for entrance. There were in essence, a lot of checkpoints/badge checks that happened inside the base. At Robert Gray Army Airfield (now the Killeen regional airport) I worked on one side of the airfield and my husband at the time was avionics and he worked on the other side. We both had additional different checkpoints to go through to get to our work locations.

These didn't necessarily correlate to security clearances either. There were additional procedures in place for areas where classified information could be accessed.

Thank you.
This is one of two areas that I'm quite drawn to and corresponds to
my notes which were sent into authorities.
I'm on Google Earth, and the area along Oakilla Road (South) doesn't appear to have high fencing along the perimeter of the road. Same with the area along Ivy Glen Road (West) of the Sevenmile Mountains.

Last edited:
Thank you.
This is one of two areas that I'm quite drawn to and corresponds to
my notes which were sent into authorities.
I'm on Google Earth, and the area along Oakilla Road (South) doesn't appear to have high fencing along the perimeter of the road. Same with the area along Ivy Glen Road (West) of the Sevenmile Mountains.

Review and Update

Family creates White House petition to help find missing soldier, Vanessa Guillen

How did she disappear on base? She did not just vanish. Vanessa needs to be found. She is serving her country. She is supposed to be safe while doing so.

Help us get answers about her whereabouts. It has been too long. She is a daughter, friend, and sister. It is devastating not knowing where she is.”

We the People was created to provide a venue to ask the Federal Government to call on Congress to act on an issue.

As of Saturday morning, 503 had signed the petition out of the 100,000 needed to reach their goal.

JMO
More @ link
For Vanessa
And for other victims of Military Crimes, Unsolved and Forgotten She should of been on safe FRIENDLY ground.
I believe answers will be given soon.

CID is offering an up to $15,000 reward for information that leads to Vanessa Guillen’s whereabouts. Anyone with information should contact CID agents at 254-495-7767. Texas EquuSearch can also be contacted at 281-309-9500, as can the U.S. Army Military Police Desk at 254-287-4001.

Who Did Vanessa Leave the Base With?

“The 20-year-old soldier was last seen at 1 p.m. April 22 in the parking lot of the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters at Fort Hood, officials said.

The soldier's identification card, wallet and the keys to her car and base apartment were later found in the armory room where she had been earlier in the day, Army officials said.“

According to many Websleuths, it is strictly against Army rules for a soldier to be without I.D.

WHY DID VANESSA LEAVE HER ID AND KEYS BEHIND when she left the armory that fateful day?

Is it possible that Vanessa was instructed by a superior officer to meet him in the parking lot right away but that she was fearful and suspicious?

Is it possible that reluctant to go but feeling compelled, Vanessa left her I.D., wallet and keys in the armory - as a clue to the finder that something bad had happened to her?

“Hey, look at Vanessa’s stuff. She probably intended to come back and get it I wonder why this stuff is still here Something Wrong must have happened to her!”

IMO, there is but one mystery to solve in this case:

Who called Vanessa and ordered her to meet him immediately in the parking lot that fateful day?

Carbuff - you’re joking, right?

I mean, IMO depending the route you're taking with possibilities I don't think it's too terrible of an assumption. If we go with the possibility that she met with the superior and something happened, why would it be too far off to drop it back in there? They would potentially have the same access, and probably take heat off of themselves for a long time. Everyone is focused on 'why her stuff is in the armory' so.... *shrug*

Who Did Vanessa Leave the Base With?

“The 20-year-old soldier was last seen at 1 p.m. April 22 in the parking lot of the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters at Fort Hood, officials said.

The soldier's identification card, wallet and the keys to her car and base apartment were later found in the armory room where she had been earlier in the day, Army officials said.“

According to many Websleuths, it is strictly against Army rules for a soldier to be without I.D.

WHY DID VANESSA LEAVE HER ID AND KEYS BEHIND when she left the armory that fateful day?

Is it possible that Vanessa was instructed by a superior officer to meet him in the parking lot right away but that she was fearful and suspicious?

Is it possible that reluctant to go but feeling compelled, Vanessa left her I.D., wallet and keys in the armory - as a clue to the finder that something bad had happened to her?

“Hey, look at Vanessa’s stuff. She probably intended to come back and get it I wonder why this stuff is still here Something Wrong must have happened to her!”

IMO, there is but one mystery to solve in this case:

Who called Vanessa and ordered her to meet him immediately in the parking lot that fateful day?

Maybe she left her things behind because she was meeting someone she knew and thought she'd be coming back? I'm wondering where you are getting the idea she was "ordered to meet him immediately that fateful day"? Contrary to popular belief, you still have independence and free will while serving in the military. I'm not disputing that another service member may be involved, I'm just wondering why you are convinced she was ordered to meet someone in the parking lot?

Let’s say I take the steps necessary so that I can take away from Vanessa her ID wallet and keys. Did I leave her hidden? incapacitated? already killed her and tied her up if so if I harmed her why would I run the risk of going back to the armory where she worked and possibly being seen and likely being seen to put her stuff there?
IMO we should not waste time with “anything is possible”.
If so it’s possible that aliens came from outer space left her stuff there and took her to a different galaxy.

Carbuff - you’re joking, right?

No. It seems perfectly possible that whoever took her was somebody in her area who could casually drop her ID and things where she would have left them. It would delay a search and also direct attention away from him. If somebody saw him, he could just say he was looking for her, she must be nearby because she left the things.

I had never heard of that case before reading the article you linked.
Interesting.

At first blush, I don't see any similarities here with that LJ case, aside from the obvious fact that both VG and LJ were female soldiers.

For one thing, CID is pretty aggressively signaling they suspect foul play in this case.
The offer of a reward being extended appears to be rare, and I also saw that the head Army dude made a statement about VG's disappearance yesterday before a national briefing he gave about the Army's response to covid:
Army Officials Press Briefing On The Army's Role In The Defense Department's COVID-19 Efforts_ April 30.

SECRETARY OF THE ARMY RYAN D. MCCARTHY: Good afternoon, everyone. I'd like to start out this morning by talking about a missing soldier, Private First Class Vanessa Guillen, in hopes of increasing the public's awareness and assistance in finding her.

Private First Class Guillen went missing on 22 April from Ford Hood, Texas. In concert with local law enforcement efforts, the Army will continue aggressively searching for her. Our hearts go out to her family, and we will not stop looking for her until we find her.

________

They definitely aren't trying to sweep VG's disappearance under the rug; if anything, the Army appears to really be shining a spotlight on it.

The lack of information I attribute to the CID trying to protect the integrity of their investigation.
They don't want to spook any potential suspect(s).

The case that I've been reminded of is the Erin Corwin murder case out of Twentynine Palms.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that there are some similar circumstances here in this case.

JMO.

I am reminded of the Erin Corwin case also.

I think that when it is found out what happened to PFC. Vanessa Guillen, it will be very much like the circumstances of what happened to Erin Corwin.

It will be a married soldier who likes weight lifting and is of superior rank. I saw the short video of V. G. lifting weights but cannot find it now. Someone took that video of her. IMO, it was someone who was interested in her and most likely taken in the post gym. My granddaughter and grandson-in-law lifted weights at that post gym and the one close by off post. There was also another gym off post they sometimes went to. Is there a gym in Belton? There is a great comradery between gym goers and weight lifters.

The gym was probably closed when V. G. went missing, but maybe she was to meet someone on post she either knew or associated with from the gym(s). I find it curious she had communicated to her sister she wasn't going in until 9:00am that morning. Maybe doctor's appointment?

I really don't know, but maybe investigators need to talk with people at the gym (both gyms) who might know who she associated with there. Did someone say that Belton borders a part of the post?

PFC. Vanessa Guillen is on that post in my opinion.

*My granddaughter and her husband were stationed at Ft. Hood for 2 years before going on to be stationed at Abu Dhabi.

Seeking answers; family and friends gather to support missing soldier

KILLEEN — Dozens of people braved the heat, which peaked at 93 degrees, Friday afternoon to show their support for the family of missing Fort Hood soldier Pfc. Vanessa Guillen.
Voices rose with the temperatures, with people fervently chanting, asking “Where is Vanessa?” and responding “We want Vanessa.”
Several motorists also honked their horns as they approached the intersection.
Friday marked one month since Fort Hood officials said Guillen was last seen.

Vanessa Guillen Case Archive:
Vanessa Guillen -TX- by amanda reckonwith

Cellphone users, try this and scroll:
5/22/20 Gloria Guillen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics