Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

From KHOU reporter's FB. Neighbor called 911 when the mom left home after midnight last night. Oy.

Yes, the reporter said police had been looking for the mom.

It is hard to think of charges that could be leveled against his mother. The question of his age when he went "missing" is either 17 or 18. At 18, he is old enough to be where he wants to be and do what he wants to do. The sitings of him in 2018 and her hiding him out at the home after that could be hindering an investigation or making false statements but beyond that I am not sure.

I wanted to point out that there have been any number of young people hidden/used/abused by their families but often they tend to be female. It is harder to wrap one's mind around the idea that a young man can be made to be such a vulnerable person as to be abused in this way. But, just as with females, he can be
(and, IMO, is) a victim that has suffered horrible things-- physical and psychological.
The drug use only complicates the situation of getting him help. The psychological damage that has most likely occurred will be similar. He has a long road ahead of him. Healthy decision-making and ability to individuate are processes that when interrupted can cause young adults to acquiesce and even appear to participate in their own abuse.

I am not sure that Rudy will ever get "justice" because the dynamic seems so complex and convoluted. I keep hoping that he will be able to get help and be able to disentangle himself enough from his mother that he can live a happy life.

None of us will ever know what the LE thought at his original disappearance. If he was 18 at the time, he had every right to runaway. Mom had stuff out in the world that he was under 18 but who knows the truth. The web that has been spun about his disappearance and reappearances is intricate and insidious.

Peace and justice for Rudy.

Last edited:

A neighbor told KHOU 11 News that the mother of Rudy Farias was spotted near her house early Thursday the day after new allegations surfaced.

The neighbor said Janie Santana was seen leaving her house just after midnight. That's when the neighbor said he called 911.

There has been a police presence in the neighborhood ever since. The Houston Police Department is expected to update the investigation at 11 a.m.

It is hard to think of charges that could be leveled against his mother. The question of his age when he went "missing" is either 17 or 18. At 18, he is old enough to be where he wants to be and do what he wants to do. The sitings of him in 2018 and her hiding him out at the home after that could be hindering an investigation or making false statements but beyond that I am not sure.

I wanted to point out that there have been any number of young people hidden/used/abused by their families but often they tend to be female. It is harder to wrap one's mind around the idea that a young man can be made to be such a vulnerable person as to be abused in this way. The psychological damage that has most likely occurred will be similar. Healthy decision-making and ability to individuate are processes that when interrupted can cause young adults to acquiesce and even appear to participate in their own abuse.

I am not sure that Rudy will ever get "justice" because the dynamic seems so complex and convoluted. I keep hoping that he will be able to get help and be able to disentangle himself enough from his mother that he can live a happy life.

None of us will ever know what the LE thought at his original disappearance. If he was 18 at the time, he had every right to runaway. Mom had stuff out in the world that he was under 18 but who knows the truth. The web that has been spun about his disappearance and reappearances is intricate and insidious.

Peace and justice for Rudy.
Could there be charges brought on by misleading and lying to LE? Wasting resources? Genuinely curious.

This thread took a turn and it feels icky. Because Rudy is a man he can't be abused, manipulated and taken advantage of?

Was it okay for QX to come out and share all of that information with the media? No. Was it okay for Rudy to be paraded of by QX so the media could film him? No.

But, all signs point to Rudy being abused for years by his mother. He was never missing. It appears he was finally able to run away but wasn't even able to function and call for help. Rudy IS a victim. He will never get back those 8 years of his life.

It was not a smart move to let him go with his mother yesterday. I fear they will be found dead today.

This is giving me echoes of that case where the mom had Munchausen by Proxy and the disabled daughter eventually ran off with her boyfriend. (The Gypsy Rose Blanchard case.)

Only in this case I'm wondering if Rudy is even more of a victim due to intellectual or mental health issues.
Me too! I followed that case from the beginning and had the same reaction as it unfolded that I’m having with this one. Note that Gypsy convinced her boyfriend to murder her mother.

This thread took a turn and it feels icky. Because Rudy is a man he can't be abused, manipulated and taken advantage of?

Was it okay for QX to come out and share all of that information with the media? No. Was it okay for Rudy to be paraded of by QX so the media could film him? No.

But, all signs point to Rudy being abused for years by his mother. He was never missing. It appears he was finally able to run away but wasn't even able to function and call for help. Rudy IS a victim. He will never get back those 8 years of his life.

It was not a smart move to let him go with his mother yesterday. I fear they will be found dead today.
I'm still trying to catch up. Are he and his mother unaccounted for this morning?

LE is at the home this morning. Don't kow if they're there or somewhere else. But it's clear things are getting hard for her and she might end it.

Your last sentence is the reason that so many people have been concerned about Rudy still being with her. This situation has been so carefully choreographed by her that the loss of control can be very dangerous---just like in abusive relationships when we know that the most dangerous time is when the person first leaves. Rudy talking to LE and Quanell was the beginning of the split.

Well Well Well…. Hmmmm

This is pretty ugly.

Aren’t there other siblings or half siblings? Did they know he wasn’t missing?

What’s the game here? It can’t be about money.

This is a really weird situation. Freaky actually.

I'm confused. After the meeting with LE & QX at the hotel, mom and Rudy left together with other family members in the car? Which family members? Did Rudy end up going somewhere with the family members or with mom?

Now police can't locate mom.....but are she and Rudy together? Does that mean they also can't locate Rudy?

Think of Elizabeth Smart. When she was found with her captors, she gave a false name. She said she wasn’t Elizabeth. Her captors were strangers, AND they had less time to intimidate and coerce her to stay quiet. IF this is Rudy and not some kidnapped child, he was told he would be arrested. He was given drugs to make him more dependent on her (like a sex traffic victim), he was probably made to commit crimes in order to scare him more.

I agree with others who want to say that because he is bigger and male he can’t be victimized is completely BS! Men can and are abused sexually and physically by women who are smaller than them all the time! As a society, it is unfair and wrong to claim the Me Too movement cannot involve men.

Until proven otherwise, this young man IS a victim of someone! He has been hidden by someone for 8 years and not allowed to live his own life. We don’t know his mental capacity at this point. He likely given the FB accounts also suffered from medical claims for years that may or may not have been fabricated. He may or may not have PTSD from seeing his brother die.

My point is, he deserves to have a safe environment to try to work out the actual details of his life. I don’t care if he is an adult, he needs to be separated from his “mother” and interviewed by a forensic psychologist in a safe environment for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper