Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what a strange case, I am not sure what to think. Why report him missing in the first place? As to the allegations made by Q against the mom, ew. I hope that Rudy hasn't been abused all these years but suspect he was. One of the first thing I read was that mom is a true crime follower and immediately wondered if I'd ever unwittingly bumped into her on crime boards, even here maybe. shudder.

Eventually the truth will come out. Prayers for Rudy in the meantime. That he receive whatever support and care he needs.

I worry that both will disappear now that mom thinks she will be arrested and son was last seen with her :(
Maybe she just wanted to induce LE to go look for him. Hence the age reduction, since they wouldn’t look for an adult.

Serious question: IF QX fabricated this, could he be sued for slander? Those allegations were sick and disturbing and could have repercussions on the family for the rest of their lives.
Yes, and I say this because my understanding is that you can't make allegations about someone without proof. This is only my opinion and is not fact. Speculation too!

Edited for clarification

Last edited:
"Rudy is safe. He is with his mother, by choice".
Don't care about these people's training, I doubt they have any experience with adult men having been abused by their own lying, manipulative mother.
It's already difficult enough for men to talk about being abused.
I see no reason why QX would lie, no one would ever want him involved in anything again if he did.
jmo.

If a 25 year old woman showed up with her father after being missing 8 years and people claiming she was raped repeatedly, there is no way she would be welcome to just leave with him because "He's a grown man". This chief is horrendous, whatever actually happened aside.

IMO - its a complicated case and HPD doesn't want to dig into it because it will show how much they dropped the ball then and now.

It’s all in the wording- LE was not witness to abuse allegation, Qx stated he walked away and privately spoke with Rudy who revealed the abuse. Rudy was not comfortable speaking with LE. Prosecutor doesn’t want anything to do with this case.

I tend to mistrust anything Quanell X has to say. Have seen him insert self into far too many cases.

I also mistrust Rudy's mother. Even if SA was not an issue, I feel there is an abusive relationship. But then, I could be wrong about that and mental health issues are simply at play with Rudy.

Just gonna sit this one out on the sidelines and see what happens next.

Could it be that Rudy mentioned sleeping in the same bed or even alluded to a sexual relationship (which is what QX was speaking about), but because Rudy is an adult, nothing he said gave rise to immediate charges. That doesn't mean there couldn't be charges down the road as HPD investigation proceeds.

Weren't there other family members that were stating this information too? Not just QX? Or were they just speaking to the fact that Rudy hasn't been missing all this time?
I haven't read anywhere that other family members were saying the same things that QX said yesterday. I think one cousin mentioned their grandma had seen and spoken to him off and on over the years, but that's about it.

Okay, I love that police chief.

It's going to take time to investigate this, figure out what the heck happened, and corroborate any of his statements with evidence. Charges can't be made instantaneously.

What a bizarre and sad case.

My dad used to say, "look alive" when we kids didn't put effort into doing a chore - and that memory pops into my mind when I'm watching this presser. Could they look less interested, show less effort?

Is that because LE knows this is all a scam or because the investigation is sub-par? Or what?

jmo

If this guy, Finner, is the Chief of Police, then….

…….HOUSTON, you have a problem.
Can you elaborate on that? I thought he did a pretty good job of answering questions, and also seemed quite familiar with all the press there. Seemed fairly routine LE presser to me.
So, what don't I know about Houston PD and this chief in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper