Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll paraphrase but one of the investigators (the one that looks like Kevin from Epic Gardening, if you know, you know, lol) did say they made sure Rudy was put in touch with "adult services" so that he had the resources he needs to get help.
But that's the thing, APS can't and won't do anything if Rudy is so ensnared by his mother's abuse that he is unwilling to "get her in trouble". They can't force him to talk to a therapist or get out of the situation or pursue legal charges or anything. It is up to Houston PD to determine if a crime has happened that Janie should be held accountable for, and it doesn't sound like they are taking it seriously. Moo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230706-100443_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230706-100443_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 7
It’s all in the wording- LE was not witness to abuse allegation, Qx stated he walked away and privately spoke with Rudy who revealed the abuse. Rudy was not comfortable speaking with LE. Prosecutor doesn’t want anything to do with this case.
I agree, Rudy wasn’t comfortable speaking to LE, but he was able to open up to QX. That couldn’t have been easy for him even then, to confide such humiliating things.

I agree, Rudy wasn’t comfortable speaking to LE, but he was able to open up to QX. That couldn’t have been easy for him even then, to confide such humiliating things.
Seems to me QX betrayed his trust when he told the whole world. Why not let investigators know what was said and work hand in hand with them? This wasn't a case of LE versus victim. Not sure he'll ever trust anyone after this.

ETA: I know QX has done some good in the community but I still sadly don't trust his motives. What he pulled yesterday alone could put RF in more danger and blow the case.

Yes, and I say this because my understanding is that you can't make allegations about someone without proof. This is only my opinion and is not fact. Speculation too!

Edited for clarification
Per TX law, can’t make false allegations against a public figure, with malice (knowing they’re false or with serious doubt that the allegations were false. Either is considered “malice”). So if that applies then someone can sue.

I’m thinking Rudy could be considered a public figure. If not, anyone suing would only have to show that the person who published the statement acted with negligence (knew or should have known the statement is false).

I’m guessing this activist knows the law fairly well as he’s been involved in a lot of these public cases and has made statements.

To be clear, I have no doubt Rudy was abused and manipulated by his mother. The posts from years ago under his FB profile show a young teen assuring his mother that he will always take care of her and that she and his deceased brother are his whole world. I don't know who wrote those posts, but clearly the mother was parentifying the child in unhealthy ways. I expect it would have escalated as he got older. But whether that manipulation was criminal is another matter.

From the press conference, a reporter asked if there wasn’t assault, if it was mutual. The detective replied that there was no abuse but he couldn’t comment on assault.

Can anyone fill me in on the difference legally? Is one for minors?

Some points from the link:

The pictures recently posted of Rudy in the hospital were fake. The photos are from 2012.

Family claims Mom was in handcuffs yesterday but DA said to let her go.

SA runs in the family, according to the the people in this video.

The family visited Grandma, who lived in same house as Rudy & his mom. Claims Grandma was mistreated, not taken care of.

Claims the mom took money from the when Rudy was not missing and living at her house.

They stand by QX.

Claim mom is being protected by LE.

Claim Janie threatened to hurt herself, and perhaps other threats, at the hotel yesterday, so RF stayed w/ his mom.

There is more in the video linked above.

Why were they interviewed at a hotel and not at a police station?
It may very well be that RF has an aversion to LE for whatever reason. Maybe his mom really did threaten him with calling the cops and arresting him to manipulate him. Seems plausible given her to her romantic ties with past HPD officers. Hotel seems like a safer zone.

But that's the thing, APS can't and won't do anything if Rudy is so ensnared by his mother's abuse that he is unwilling to "get her in trouble". They can't force him to talk to a therapist or get out of the situation or pursue legal charges or anything. It is up to Houston PD to determine if a crime has happened that Janie should be held accountable for, and it doesn't sound like they are taking it seriously. Moo.

It sounds like they gave Rudy the info if he chooses to reach out and seek help.
I agree though, it is up the HPD to continue to investigate and determine if a crime has happened and from all appearances and the chief's comments at the presser, it sounds like that's exactly what they're doing.

jmo

Rudy Farias update: Aunts disagrees with HPD decision not to charge his mother, calls her a liar. Houston police say they've determined that Farias returned home a day after he was reported missing on March 7, 2015. No charges have been filed in the case.

Updated: 12:11 PM CDT July 6, 2023

PASADENA, Texas — July 6 UPDATE: In a news conference, Houston police disputed many of the allegations made by community activist Quanell X on Wednesday. He claimed Rudy Farias told him that his mother hid him all these years and sexually abused him.

Two of Farias' aunts held their own news conference and said they believe their nephew was sexually abused and accused his mother, Janie Santana, of lying.

If a 25 year old woman showed up with her father after being missing 8 years and people claiming she was raped repeatedly, there is no way she would be welcome to just leave with him because "He's a grown man". This chief is horrendous, whatever actually happened aside.

IMO - its a complicated case and HPD doesn't want to dig into it because it will show how much they dropped the ball then and now.

maybe, nothing seems to make any sense anymore.

From the press conference, a reporter asked if there wasn’t assault, if it was mutual. The detective replied that there was no abuse but he couldn’t comment on assault.

Can anyone fill me in on the difference legally? Is one for minors?

Sexual abuse would be for minors. Sexual assault, in this case, would require that Rudy make allegations and participate in the investigation and prosecution of the assault.

Given his statements that he did not want his mother to go to jail (or be in trouble as he understands it), I don't see him participating in a case against her. If Rudy was a vulnerable adult, then, there might be room to bring a case against her as he would not need to consent to a prosecution.

I have wondered if Quanell X spoke on camera because he knew that they were going to do nothing and he worried for Rudy's physical and psychological safety. His disclosure would surely (as we see on the news today)rally people to get help for this young man. Not sure. IMHO, of course.

Seems to me QX betrayed his trust when he told the whole world. Why not let investigators know what was said and work hand in hand with them? This wasn't a case of LE versus victim. Not sure he'll ever trust anyone after this.

ETA: I know QX has done some good in the community but I still sadly don't trust his motives. What he pulled yesterday alone could put RF in more danger and blow the case.
Idk, Maybe because he doesn’t trust LE so he felt it was up to him to go public with some of what Rudy told him. After hearing what his aunt on one of the media interviews, and she was obviously upset and very believable , imo…. I am tending to believe more in QX at this point.

ETA: I can try and find the link to that interview.

From Mom’s past actions wouldn’t surprise me if she attempts to sue Qx for slander but then Rudy would be required to testify against the abuse claims by Qx.

From Mom’s past actions wouldn’t surprise me if she attempts to sue Qx for slander but then Rudy would be required to testify against the abuse claims by Qx.

Quanell was with him in a room with LE. So, there is not only Rudy's recollection but the recollection of LE in the room AND any recordings of the interview.

If a 25 year old woman showed up with her father after being missing 8 years and people claiming she was raped repeatedly, there is no way she would be welcome to just leave with him because "He's a grown man". This chief is horrendous, whatever actually happened aside.

IMO - its a complicated case and HPD doesn't want to dig into it because it will show how much they dropped the ball then and now.

maybe, nothing seems to make any sense anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30