Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, odd circumstances, to say the least. Plus, IF school was in session, even partially open on so many days, why wasn't this reported to proper authorities, by the PSS way before now? It's a crime for your child to miss school do to delinquency, so....?

The ONLY legitimate reason I can think of that school wouldn’t report him missing for a month is Covid. Where I live, if your child has been exposed to someone with Covid and/or has it themselves, they can’t go to school for 2 weeks. May be easy for someone to say, “Oh, he was exposed”, then not go to school for 2 weeks. Then at the end of the 2 weeks say, “Oh, he has it now” or “Oh, he was exposed to someone else”. My boys had to quarantine this year for a 2 week period because they were exposed to someone and we weren’t asked for any verification. I don’t know if other schools would, or if they would if they were gone longer than 2 weeks, but it would surprise me if they did.

Do I think that’s what happened here with the school? Not really.

When asked about this account of the child's whereabouts, Satterwhite said they have not been able to verify that information and they've talked to "all parties involved." Olson's biological father and mother have joint custody, according to court records. All have denied having the child.
“””
Police were hoping to find Olson at the residence on Monday but did not. Additional residences are likely to be searched, according to Satterwhite.
“””
When asked on Monday how no one knows where a 6-year-old child is, Satterwhite said it was a "good question" that he would find out the answer to.

Conflicting timelines of when Samuel Olson went missing complicate search for 6-year-old
From the article:

"I was going to take Sam to school when his mother showed up with the police officer, or who I was under the impression to be a police officer, and they demanded me to release Sam," Balboa told KTRK.

When asked about this account of the child's whereabouts, Satterwhite said they have not been able to verify that information and they've talked to "all parties involved."

I apologize if this has already been covered, but this allegedly took place at TB's mother's home, right? Was she home at the time? Has she made any public statements? TIA MOO

The ONLY legitimate reason I can think of that school wouldn’t report him missing for a month is Covid. Where I live, if your child has been exposed to someone with Covid and/or has it themselves, they can’t go to school for 2 weeks. May be easy for someone to say, “Oh, he was exposed”, then not go to school for 2 weeks. Then at the end of the 2 weeks say, “Oh, he has it now” or “Oh, he was exposed to someone else”. My boys had to quarantine this year for a 2 week period because they were exposed to someone and we weren’t asked for any verification. I don’t know if other schools would, or if they would if they were gone longer than 2 weeks, but it would surprise me if they did.

Do I think that’s what happened here with the school? Not really.

I think truancy has been a more complex issue with COVID. In my state I know truancy was up a lot with many people having circumstances that were not as cut and dry as normal. Also I opted to have my kids remote and they had kids in their class taking class from other states and even one in another country. I imagine it's a nightmare trying to keep up.

Just did a quick search for TX and it seems similar. This article places emphasis on reaching out and working with families with truancy. I imagine that process takes time.

Some North Texas students and parents facing court for classes missed during the pandemic

Hmmmmmm. So any explanation as to why he was last seen at school on 04/30/2021,and where has he been between now,and then????????
This^^ If my child is absent, I get a call by noon the very first day they aren’t there. If my child is going to be out sick for a few days, I’m proactive. I call the school and contact their teacher to let them know. I also send over any doctor excuse I receive. I am very surprised we haven’t heard anything from little Sam’s school as to why wasn’t there? Who called the school to say he wouldn’t be there and what was the reason for his absence?? This has gone on far too long. Someone mentioned Emily Glass...poor little Lucas...that’s exactly what Sam’s case reminds me of:( MOO

I agree with posters above- how would Mom know that Sam went to his fathers' abusive girlfriends mothers house? Are we expected to believe she was following them the previous day? :rolleyes: cameras should show that wasn't how things happened. and yes, why wait approx 12 hours to report this to police?

I don't know how you can get choked out, get an OP on that person, decide to stay with that person, and then let your precious child be around that person, alone, illegally to boot. I am floored by that line of thinking. moo

ETA
Is anyone understanding the apartment searches? whose car was taken? in this article it says Gateway at Ellington (dads apartment) the car was taken, but further on in the article it says the car was taken from an apartment where GF friend lives. color me confused! its two different complexes (Gulf breeze, and Gateway)
Cops fear Texas boy, 6, reported missing five days ago may have vanished a month prior - T-Gate

Last edited:
This really sounds like nobody cared enough to move a finger. He hasn't been to school for a whole month and nobody checks on him? If it was caused by Covid, either by him being exposed or actually having it, he would still have to do remote, correct? So, was he turning in homework/school work? If not, why didn't the school do anything?

Why did the mother not say something if she hasn't seen him in a month? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member