TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't cut him any. A person was arrested under false pretenses.She was jailed. She lost the job she worked so hard to get and she lost her life. IMO

She didn't lose her life, she took her life. That is not the officers fault.

What does it have to do with this case? Everything. It affects the way he looks at EVERY driver he pulls over. He does not know if she has a gun under her seat, or a knife up her sleeve.

I think people forget that when they act so shocked that he would pull her over, ask her leading questions, ask her to put out her lit cig, tell her to get out of the car. ALL OF THAT is based upon hundreds of previous experiences that he has had. Especially after she began to be rude and difficult. It makes the hairs on the back of their necks stand up.

Katydid, I don't agree with you about this case, but i do appreciate the perspective you bring to the table. Thank you.

I don't see how killing her would help in anyway in a coverup.

If she died of "other causes" why would they stage a hanging. I'm assuming that "other causes" means a natural death not a homicide.

Sandra hanging herself with the trash bag makes them look really bad. Why would they want to use that as a coverup?

Sorry, it doesn't add up. JMO

Are you responding to what I said, or are you just making a general statement? Because I want to be clear - I don't think they staged a hanging to cover up her death. I'm not suggesting they did.

I'm not too worried about Mathis being involved.

Multiple agencies, including the Texas Rangers and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, have announced investigations into Bland's death. Mathis said on Monday that the Texas Rangers are the primary investigators and that the FBI was supervising.

Looks like he is not in charge of the investigation and the FBI is looking at this case also.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/07/20/sandra-blands-death-now-murder-investigation/

"My hounds ain't even started yet dumb *advertiser censored*," Mathis wrote. "Keep talking. When I talk people will listen. Keep talking and I will sue your *advertiser censored* for slander. It works both ways. 'Dr.' Take your fake Dr. *advertiser censored* and jump off a high cliff."

But then when everyone found out he apologized for his threats, foul language, and unprofessionalism.

Oh, wait:

"Those statements were made by me in anger but I stand behind them," the prosecutor said.

You made me laugh out loud. This county seems like the worst stereotype of a southern back water. And I'm from the south.

I think I'm finally caught up here...... From the last thread, and I am really surprised there wasn't much discussion on the msm the last few pages of the previous thread.

From all accounts, SB clearly had it together in HS. A average, lots of activities. (long article, but the last 7 or so paragraphs mention more of her personal life.)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ail-death-met-0717-20150717-story.html#page=2

She also has a clear history of substance abuse. A few dui charges, one conviction, possession charge, not so great driving record over a stretch of a decade or so. http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...revious-Encounters-With-Police-316025661.html I still see the signs of depression and addiction. People hide it well, lots and lots of people, so I am not entirely surprised her family missed it. I do wonder if she ever sought treatment and looking at the whole picture, I see the progression of two diseases, one not treated and the other self treated.

Sometimes when people slide, they slide fast. A shame, just a shame.

Kind of OT, but I am just not understanding the mindset of what appears as so much anger at the world these days. The everyone is against me for <name the reason> and justice must be done! It's a band wagon I simply don't understand other than wanting to belong, similiar to how people fall into gangs. It's just more respectable when it claims to be for justice rather than gang banger activity. I'm only using the two examples because both draw people who want to belong, not because I am saying they are the same...

In addition to what we already knew, I can see how Sandra's dream of 'fixing injustice across the south' and finding herself where she landed once she arrived in TX would add to her despondence. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sandra-bland-20150722-story.html#page=1

It's not even clear who was supposed to bond her out and where that someone will be there in an hour came from. That just adds to the confusion and inconsistencies in this case.

Are you responding to what I said, or are you just making a general statement? Because I want to be clear - I don't think they staged a hanging to cover up her death. I'm not suggesting they did.

What kind of coverup did they do. They left themselves open to a lawsuit with the trash bag being avalable. JMO

IIRC, the report stated that the leaf was "imbedded" in a wound. I have no idea how that would happen, but I know it ain't good.

Heat and humidity. It's TX in the summer. Anyone sitting down could easily have a leaf imbedded into them just from sitting down on the grass in an area with trees. I was at a water park yesterday, I had grass embedded in my legs when I sat down to rearrange a towel. IDK how a leaf sticking to a body in hot humid weather isn't good.

You made me laugh out loud. This county seems like the worst stereotype of a southern back water. And I'm from the south.

I am also from the South, and adore Texas in general. Austin is my favorite US city!

But aside from the more metro areas, this sort of behavior does not surprise me.

I have seen enough bigotry and racism to last a lifetime. Sadly.

I'm only speaking for myself, but I have never thought or said she was murdered. I think it's entirely possible that she had a closed head wound from her encounter with BE or she had a seizure and died. And then the jail staff freaked out because they knew they had been negligent. I think they thought the lesser of the evils was to make it look like she hung herself in a couple of hours when they didn't check on her rather than that they failed to provide medical care over a 3 day period.

This is all just my hypothesis based on how weird all the information that has come out so far is. I don't think that county is a good place for people of color. I hope I'm wrong.

What head wound? What seizure? Where is this coming from?

So the jail staff was negligent and to coverup that negligence they make it look like they were negligent by allowing the trash bag in a cell with someone who could be suicidal.

I don't get it.

JMO

I don't think this has been addressed but if I missed it sorry. In the video when the first car he pulled over pulls back into traffic she doesn't use her turn signal but does when she moves into the far left lane then turns. So why didn't he pull her over again for failing to use a turn signal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What kind of coverup did they do. They left themselves open to a lawsuit with the trash bag being avalable. JMO

Leaving themselves open to a lawsuit is part of my "They have a lot to answer for" comment.

I don't know IF they did a cover up and I don't know enough about the inner workings for a county jail to even guess what they would do. Mess with recording devices? Stage scenes? Shred documents? Pay off witnesses? Forge signatures? Your guess is as good as mine. *shrug*

Heat and humidity. It's TX in the summer. Anyone sitting down could easily have a leaf imbedded into them just from sitting down on the grass in an area with trees. I was at a water park yesterday, I had grass embedded in my legs when I sat down to rearrange a towel. IDK how a leaf sticking to a body in hot humid weather isn't good.

But is the grass still there today? The leaf was embedded in an injury and was still there 3 days later.

I live here and yes, it can be sticky. But a leaf becoming embedded into a healed over scab?

Well, that's just gross.

True, but he appears to be the mouthpiece right now and that is not a good thing. He held the press conference releasing their autopsy report, he texted the family saying they may need to run more tests on sb's body, etc.

It's a good thing for people who want to push racism to the forefront of this case. JMO

Of course it's not illegal. It still doesn't mean it's the right way to interact with law enforcement. JMO

What does that mean, 'the right way' to interact with law enforcement? Are you talking about protocol, such as with when people meet Queen Elizabeth II or the Pope?

Is that the sort of standard to which members of the public are expected to adhere when they are interacting with public servants, whose salaries they pay?

What head wound? What seizure? Where is this coming from?

So the jail staff was negligent and to coverup that negligence they make it look like they were negligent by allowing the trash bag in a cell with someone who could be suicidal.

I don't get it.

JMO

She says on the dash cam video that he slammed her head into the ground and that she has epilepsy. The epilepsy is also recorded on one of the intake forms. But it doesn't appear they provided any medical care at all over a three day period. To me, that would mean perhaps dozens of employees being disciplined or losing their jobs. If they cut the time period of negligence to two hours, then there's probably a little discipline for a couple of staff.

I don't see how killing her would help in anyway in a coverup.

If she died of "other causes" why would they stage a hanging. I'm assuming that "other causes" means a natural death not a homicide.

Sandra hanging herself with the trash bag makes them look really bad. Why would they want to use that as a coverup?

Sorry, it doesn't add up. JMO

Would they care that they looked really bad? :dunno: Will anyone be punished/reprimanded? :no:

If Sandra died from injuries sustained while she was arrested, I could see a strong chance of a cover-up, that's why her death needs to be investigated thoroughly. ALL deaths in custody have to be investigated.

I was skeptical at first about the circumstances of Sandra being found dead in her cell. Her death was preventable, she didn't belong in that jail cell. Once there, she deserved a duty of care that everyone deserves who is brought in. LE failed miserably in both instances, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member