DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Lucyray - here's another article

Sherin Mathews' parents will have separate trials

Posted: Feb 04 2019 11:49AM CST
Video Posted: Feb 04 2019 06:06PM CST
Updated: Feb 05 2019 05:41AM CST

DALLAS - There will be separate trials for the parents accused in the death of their 3-year-old adopted daughter, Sherin Mathews.

Wesley Mathews is charged with murder. His trial is now set for April 5. His wife, Sini Mathews, is charged with child endangerment. Her trial has been moved up to March 15.

This is the first time in a while that I have checked in on this case because I was so disappointed when Sini was not equally charged with murder like her husband. I'm so pissed that the females are always given lesser charges and lesser sentences.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by writing this, but, shall still write it: I'm not seeing anything stating that the judge accepted/approved the request to separate the two Mathews for both sets of charges. News articles have called it, but that lady who attended the hearing did say it was not clear, it was not stated, info was sealed. I may just be being overly hopeful here, but I'm hoping there's a chance still that they may be tried together.

Dead horse Lucy..sigh...

Thank you, everyone, who keeps us up-to-date on details. I sure do depend on your expertise, especially because I'm a rookie sleuther!

welcome-team.gif
AvidListener to this thread - and just a little over a year as a WS member! Nice to meet ya!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

for Sini:

SET FOR DATE 031519 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PLACE_ON_JAIL_CHAIN___
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _

SET FOR DATE 041019 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE PLEA PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS FINAL_PLEA____________

SET FOR DATE 041519 SET FOR TIME 0800 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS JURY_TRIAL____________

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=03

I know all the articles say Sini's trial starts 3/15 - but the court site still has 4/15 as the Jury Trial date. And at the bottom it says it was updated Fri. 2/8/19 @ 5:33:47 CST

and for Wesley:

SET FOR DATE 040519 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL_HEARINGS_____

SET FOR DATE 050119 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE OTHE PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIAL_ANN_____________

He also still has 5/1 as trial date - updated the same as Sini's.

74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

In Sherin Mathews' Death Case, Foster Parents To Be Tried Separately

Quotes from article

"HOUSTON:

"A US court has ruled that the Indian-American foster parents of Sherin Mathews, accused in the death of their 3-year-old special needs daughter, will face separate trials, according to a media report."

"There will be separate trials for the parents accused in the death of Sherin, Fox4News.com reported, quoting a ruling by the Dallas County Court on February 4."

"Defense attorneys for Wesley wanted both parents tried together. But Sini's attorneys convinced the judge that they should be tried separately, the report said."

You would think that DA would have had a press conference to further explain their thought process here. Majority of locals under the facebook post are mad. Asking what were they thinking. If those in Dallas lost faith in the DA office its sure for a good reason. This is insane. Im wondering if they will have her on a plane to India (since she had plans to go back before being arrested) before they even tell us she has been released from their custody.

And clearly, if they don’t have enough to prosecute for even child endangerment, they just did not have enough to lay murder charges on her and that’s why she’s not being held accountable. It’s nauseating, but perhaps they will find more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back