TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a digital motion forensics analyst, but there is indeed one sequence of frames missing and you have all noticed it. That is at marker .08 ff, when the Altima has just entered the SWFA. It would have possibly been a good point to get a capture of the license plate as the car was moving in a relative straight motion prior to making a turn to the right towards the Northern parking lot.

-Nin

Agree, and when they show that same action of driving in from another camera it was a smooth capture. I also think the ss that MPD provided was better than we can get from this video. JMHO >rather from myself enlarging that is

DeDee was wondering when the new session for Grand Jury started for Ellis County... Well they are in. Praying this doesnt have anything to do with MB case!

[video=twitter;830113538295361540]https://twitter.com/WaxahachieNews/status/830113538295361540[/video]

Snip:WAXAHACHIE — For the second time in the last 12 months, an Ellis County Grand Jury has
indicted an Ellis County Constable. Also for the second time over that span, local law enforcement officers have taken Ellis County Pct. 4 Constable Mike Jones into custody after serving a warrant for his arrest.

Jones was indicted Wednesday, Feb. 8 by an Ellis County Grand Jury for tampering with physical evidence — a felony of the third degree. The indictment is the second for Jones over the last year.
According to the warrant for arrest issued Thursday, Feb. 9 by the 443rd Judicial District Court, Jones turned himself in to authorities Thursday at 3 p.m. at the Midlothian Police Department. Ellis County Precinct 4 includes the northwest portion of Ellis County that encompasses most of Midlothian, along with portions of Waxahachie, Ovilla and Maypearl.
As stated in the indictment, Jones is alleged to have abused his official capacity by altering, destroying or concealing data on an Apple iPhone owned by the county. The indictment also states the cellphone was pertinent to a pending investigation by the Ellis County and District Attorney's Office and that Jones allegedly acted to "impair its verity, legibility or availability as evidence in the investigation."
Ellis County and District Attorney Patrick Wilson said, per usual, his office will not comment on a pending criminal case but that "the indictment speaks for itself." More at link http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...-county-constable-for-tampering-with-evidence

DeDee was wondering when the new session for Grand Jury started for Ellis County... Well they are in. Praying this doesnt have anything to do with MB case!

[video=twitter;830113538295361540]https://twitter.com/WaxahachieNews/status/830113538295361540[/video]

Snip:WAXAHACHIE — For the second time in the last 12 months, an Ellis County Grand Jury has
indicted an Ellis County Constable. Also for the second time over that span, local law enforcement officers have taken Ellis County Pct. 4 Constable Mike Jones into custody after serving a warrant for his arrest.

Jones was indicted Wednesday, Feb. 8 by an Ellis County Grand Jury for tampering with physical evidence — a felony of the third degree. The indictment is the second for Jones over the last year.
According to the warrant for arrest issued Thursday, Feb. 9 by the 443rd Judicial District Court, Jones turned himself in to authorities Thursday at 3 p.m. at the Midlothian Police Department. Ellis County Precinct 4 includes the northwest portion of Ellis County that encompasses most of Midlothian, along with portions of Waxahachie, Ovilla and Maypearl.
As stated in the indictment, Jones is alleged to have abused his official capacity by altering, destroying or concealing data on an Apple iPhone owned by the county. The indictment also states the cellphone was pertinent to a pending investigation by the Ellis County and District Attorney's Office and that Jones allegedly acted to "impair its verity, legibility or availability as evidence in the investigation."
Ellis County and District Attorney Patrick Wilson said, per usual, his office will not comment on a pending criminal case but that "the indictment speaks for itself." More at link http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...-county-constable-for-tampering-with-evidence
Maybe they haven't gotten around to arresting Missy's killer because they are too busy arresting each other. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that Midlothian police arrested the Ellis County Sheriff?

It's the other way around I understand, the SWFA Nissan Altima does not have a sunroof. The poster's POI's vehicle does have a sunroof.

-Nin
Yes, you are correct. My mistake.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting the article and link for me.

I guess you would have to ask them that.
Are you able to reference the post you're responding to? It's hard to figure out who you are responding to. Thanks. [emoji317] [emoji106]

I am not a digital motion forensics analyst, but there is indeed one sequence of frames missing and you have all noticed it. That is at marker .08 ff, when the Altima has just entered the SWFA. It would have possibly been a good point to get a capture of the license plate as the car was moving in a relative straight motion prior to making a turn to the right towards the Northern parking lot.

-Nin
So, are you saying that a decent copy of the license plate is not possible?

Maybe they haven't gotten around ..... arresting Missy's killer because they are too busy arresting each other. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that Midlothian police arrested the Ellis County Sheriff?

Lol....too busy arresting each other. I thought a Sheriff got busted around New Year's for some incident in a restaurant. Like the Wild West there!!!

Thank you for posting the article and link for me.

I think you and I may have seen at same time. LOL I saw your post after I posted. We good... CRAZY I hope has nothing to do with this case!

ETA: Sounds like may not be anything to do with MB murder case jmho right now. Hope so, but also makes since why so many agencies vol to come in when MB was murdered. Geesh JMHO

ELLIS COUNTY (CBS11) – Ellis County’s Precinct 4 Constable Mike Jones turned himself in after a grand jury indicted him this week on the felony charge.
The indictment accuses Jones of intentionally altering or concealing data in his iPhone that the Ellis County District Attorney’s Office requested as part of its criminal investigation into Jones’ activities.
Jones was indicted last year on a misdemeanor charge of abuse of official capacity for allegedly using his county owned phone for political and private purposes.
His chief deputy, Kenneth Singleton, is also charged with intentionally altering records in Jones’ case.

Both Singleton and Jones didn’t return calls by CBS11 seeking comment

Ellis County’s Precinct 3 Constable Tyron Davis faces two misdemeanors: one involving requests for absentee ballots filed before he was elected last November.
The other charge, filed after Davis was elected, claims he was a licensed peace officer in campaign materials, when he wasn’t.
Davis entered office in January and has 270 days from then to obtain his peace officer’s license.
Ellis County Sheriff Johnny Brown is under criminal investigation by a special prosecutor from Montgomery County after a fight New Year’s Eve at a local restaurant.
Sheriff Brown declined comment.
His attorney, Richard Carter says Sheriff Brown was pleased to meet with the Ellis County grand jury this week and will make himself available if they need any additional information.
The sheriff has not been charged with a crime. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/02/10/...criminal-charges-sheriff-under-investigation/

So, are you saying that a decent copy of the license plate is not possible?

No, not saying that. We do have the "dark" parts of the video showing the tag and not skipping the frames. Not sure, if the dark part is another cam and that's why the frames are not being skipped, or if there was a decoding/ copying mistake or they just zoomed and manually darkened the same identical passage. I have not checked the perspectives on those two different parts of the video. Perhaps Jethro4WS did. The opening sequence - if it is another cam- would just be a good additional source.

I cannot understand, that MPD did not get at least a few characters (first 2 or 3) out of the tag to run it. Or perhaps they did and it came back as stolen? Or it is not a Texas tag after all? Just my thoughts.

-Nin

-Nin

Well I guess I'm better at seeing some of these things in the video than I thought! While I'm on a roll I will mention at 6.59 -7.00 right in there it seems like you can ALMOST see the driver but it jumps. Considering this cutting key pieces of the video are you pretty much convinced MPD had SWFA post this? And then it would follow also that MPD has the plate number, though it may be stolen?

No, not saying that. We do have the "dark" parts of the video showing the tag and not skipping the frames. Not sure, if the dark part is another cam and that's why the frames are not being skipped, or if there was a decoding/ copying mistake or they just zoomed and manually darkened the same identical passage. I have not checked the perspectives on those two different parts of the video. Perhaps Jethro4WS did. The opening sequence - if it is another cam- would just be a good additional source.

I cannot understand, that MPD did not get at least a few characters (first 2 or 3) out of the tag to run it. Or perhaps they did and it came back as stolen? Or it is not a Texas tag after all? Just my thoughts.

-Nin
Or they know who it is and they are playing their cards close to the chest.

When you talk about missing frames, are you thinking police
have intentionally cut those frames
out?

Here's what I consider a possible scenario for this crime. It's only speculation -- could be right, could be partly right, could be completely off. It simply seems to make sense.

Someone(s) well known to Missy, with knowledge of her routine, hired someone(s) to commit the murder. The timing was planned well in advance. The perp may have tailed Missy for some time before the event, to learn about her physical abilities and routines.

Perhaps Missy sensed she was being followed and felt uneasy about it, to the point of mentioning it to her husband and maybe other family members. This would explain her husband telling her to be careful. It might also explain her not acting like herself and not showing up to her regular gym not long before her murder, as a guy from the gym reported.

The perp may have planned to kill Missy outside, where the class usually took place -- maybe had even disabled the exterior cameras in advance -- and had to change plans because of the rain. Maybe the perp(s) set out early that morning because of the rain/change of plans, to make sure they were prepared. This could explain the car in the SWFA parking lot; as others have said, the perp(s) may have broken a window or door to see if there was an alarm, went to the SWFA parking lot to wait and see if cops came, then got ready for the real break-in.

(If it hadn't rained, the perp could have killed her outside or waited for her to unlock the doors and entered the building with no need to break in.)

The perp broke in, scoped out the building, committed vandalism, either for staging or to release nervous energy, and waited. Maybe there was only one SP, maybe a second perp waited in kitchen, or in a getaway car behind the church. One or two perps killed the mother of three young girls, tried to quickly clean up and left before being detected by CG members (or perhaps someone did see something).

Maybe the perp(s) got lucky and maybe not. Perhaps the police have ID'd them and are assembling more evidence. Maybe they've been arrested on other charges, with murder charges pending. Or maybe the authorities have no idea who the SP is.

I won't speculate right now, on this thread, on who would have hired the perp in this scenario, but someone(s) could fit with this theory. Motive could have been greed/revenge/hatred.

People talk about the perp being some kind of mastermind but I'm not sure he was all that clever. After all, he was seen on the church cameras and, if driving the Nissan, on the SWFA cameras. If he hasn't been ID'd, it may be luck, and the costume. JMO.

Here's what I consider a possible scenario for this crime. It's only speculation -- could be right, could be partly right, could be completely off. It simply seems to make sense.

Someone(s) well known to Missy, with knowledge of her routine, hired someone(s) to commit the murder. The timing was planned well in advance. The perp may have tailed Missy for some time before the event, to learn about her physical abilities and routines.

Perhaps Missy sensed she was being followed and felt uneasy about it, to the point of mentioning it to her husband and maybe other family members. This would explain her husband telling her to be careful. It might also explain her not acting like herself and not showing up to her regular gym not long before her murder, as a guy from the gym reported.

The perp may have planned to kill Missy outside, where the class usually took place -- maybe had even disabled the exterior cameras in advance -- and had to change plans because of the rain. Maybe the perp(s) set out early that morning because of the rain/change of plans, to make sure they were prepared. This could explain the car in the SWFA parking lot; as others have said, the perp(s) may have broken a window or door to see if there was an alarm, went to the SWFA parking lot to wait and see if cops came, then got ready for the real break-in.

(If it hadn't rained, the perp could have killed her outside or waited for her to unlock the doors and entered the building with no need to break in.)

The perp broke in, scoped out the building, committed vandalism, either for staging or to release nervous energy, and waited. Maybe there was only one SP, maybe a second perp waited in kitchen, or in a getaway car behind the church. One or two perps killed the mother of three young girls, tried to quickly clean up and left before being detected by CG members (or perhaps someone did see something).

Maybe the perp(s) got lucky and maybe not. Perhaps the police have ID'd them and are assembling more evidence. Maybe they've been arrested on other charges, with murder charges pending. Or maybe the authorities have no idea who the SP is.

I won't speculate right now, on this thread, on who would have hired the perp in this scenario, but someone(s) could fit with this theory. Motive could have been greed/revenge/hatred.

People talk about the perp being some kind of mastermind but I'm not sure he was all that clever. After all, he was seen on the church cameras and, if driving the Nissan, on the SWFA cameras. If he hasn't been ID'd, it may be luck, and the costume. JMO.

RBBM, MPD said no one cleaned up, except the church after scene was released.
Good theory ;)

Maybe the car, in the parking lot videos, belonged to a person who stole, or borrowed, a license plate.

Maybe the SP pictured in the church videos is not the killer. Maybe...that SP person is wandering around, in front of the cameras, while his/her accomplice is attacking MB.

Maybe the car, in the parking lot videos, belonged to a person who stole, or borrowed, a license plate.

Maybe the SP pictured in the church videos is not the killer. Maybe...that SP person is wandering around, in front of the cameras, while his/her accomplice is attacking MB.

But the MPD know the time stamp of all of the wanderings around and when /where Suspect was when MB entered building. They also state no one else seen in building during time or to their knowledge, per the SW's. Not seen anything to say any different. JMHO

I'm thinking that SP did not even consider that their vehicle could have been picked up by the security cameras at the SWFA. Probably thought those cameras were too far away and was only concerned with the security camera at the church.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

If SP is in a vehicle, then you are correct. LE is not comfortable giving a make or model so little of it is seen in the frame. Yes, SP was probably only concerned with the interior Church cameras since the exterior cameras had nonworking issues.

SWFA is an exceptional piece of well-designed architecture with ironworks and brick archways, front covered entry and a second story veranda. Even that lovely circular area one must drive around upon entry is a special touch. No doubt in my mind that someone lives upstairs. There were basically the same two vehicles when I posted the image of them in Aug that is seen in video and also on Google Earth.

I dare to guess at the value of the inventory inside. Millions? Folks stockpile ammo. Collect high end weaponry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper