TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that you are right.

I didn't expect this case to be solved overnight, and I do understand that things take time. My frustration stems from the fact that 10 months ago LE told the public to not be concerned about more victims and that they had the situation under control. It was at that time that LE told the public that they would let them know if they needed any further help or required any assistance. They stopped all press conferences. They have not issued any further statements. Ten months is a long time to tie up loose ends. Since that time, it has become clear that they didn't have the evidence they needed to make an arrest and secure a conviction. Why push away the public when you don't have all of the pieces? Why insult the "internet detectives" when you have not solved the case? LE has no idea who is holding the key piece of information that will unlock the case, but why discourage people from coming forward? Without further evidence this case won't be solved.

In the meantime, potential credible witnesses may have forgotten key details.

Furthermore, until LE knows who killed Missy, they don't know the motive. Until the motive is known, how can they be sure that the general public is safe? I firmly believe that she was targeted, but I don't why. I wouldn't feel comfortable making any statement about the safety of the community.

Cannonball has repeatedly made the point that LE should be (have been) more transparent. I gave LE the benefit of the doubt since things do take time. However, in hindsight, Cannonball was right. There is no excuse for there not to be an arrest when LE pushed away the public.

In closing, I hope that you are right. I hope that this silence all makes sense one day. Right now, I am not buying it.

I'm with you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball has repeatedly made the point that LE should be (have been) more transparent. I gave LE the benefit of the doubt since things do take time. However, in hindsight, Cannonball was right.

Ima just frame this and put it on my wall, if that's all right. ;)

Well said, peach...I didn't quote to save space, but I definitely think the silence from her own family is strange. I've always said everyone grieves differently, but after this long I'd be fighting mad too wanting answers. JMO

And what I have found absent from this case is genuine anger that this lady was suddenly taken from her family - from her children! - in this horrible, tragic manner! I cannot understand this. I don't care that I don't know the details of the autopsy, because I would likely feel even more perplexed. Victims' families can leverage a great deal of community support by expressing their anger and overwhelming determination after a murder. Regardless of garnering support, why wasn't anyone openly mad as hell after MB was so horrendously murdered? I cannot buy into the immediate expression of forgiveness. Religious convictions are respected, but normal human emotions and responses are, as well.

This won't fit into the old "everyone grieves differently" catch all (no offense to you, jane). That phrase is used so often to excuse response that fall outside the norm.

Why wasn't anyone openly angry and demanding? This factor has been prominent for me.

Respectfully ... so what? Not being snippy, but some details don't change anything if they turn out to be this vs that. LE has told us that they verified that BB was in MS as he said he was. That makes the flight details of the trip to there only a curiosity, since regardless of the name of the airline or its schedule, he was still in MS and very far from Midlothian when MB was killed.

Respectfully, we do not know the verification procedures of LE. It could be "word of mouth". Example: Joe Schmoe said that BB was on a flight with me. This case if placing too much emphasis on hearsay.

The height range is actually 6 inches, from 5-2 to 5-7. Agree with you, that's crazy.

Also agree with you on where are all the people wanting answers? If I were the public, living in or near Midlothian, I'd stage a peaceful gathering in front of MPD on April 18. I would also suggest writing/emailing every news source in the Dallas area encouraging them to do a piece on MB around April 18.

As for gender and height, I don't believe that 5-7 is the max for this perp. And in north Texas, as elsewhere, there is a significant Hispanic population, and Hispanic males statistically are shorter in height. I am in no way saying that MB's killer is Hispanic; just saying that I don't believe it's valid to state so strongly that "SP is not male".
I feel uneasy about this height range. It varies significantly from Batbrats visual green people. I believe she estimated SP at 5'9".

If SP is a woman, that in my mind significantly narrows the radar screen. I can't imagine a woman doing this on her own, in the dark, in the early morning hours and it's storming like crazy, and remaining incredibly calm. Not only that, but actually pulling the trigger and then beating up the upper body.

I just don't see it. I do see someone who has maybe done this before. This person is way too calm, gets there early to check out the lay of the land, leaves with no real evidence to connect him to the crime, and seemingly disappears.

And it's easy for him to disappear because he's not known to many except peripherally by those who hired him.

JMHO

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I feel uneasy about this height range. It varies significantly from Batbrats visual green people. I believe she estimated SP at 5'9".

If SP is a woman, that in my mind significantly narrows the radar screen. I can't imagine a woman doing this on her own, in the dark, in the early morning hours and it's storming like crazy, and remaining incredibly calm. Not only that, but actually pulling the trigger and then beating up the upper body.

I just don't see it. I do see someone who has maybe done this before. This person is way too calm, gets there early to check out the lay of the land, leaves with no real evidence to connect him to the crime, and seemingly disappears.

And it's easy for him to disappear because he's not known to many except peripherally by those who hired him.

JMHO

Pulling the trigger?

And what I have found absent from this case is genuine anger that this lady was suddenly taken from her family - from her children! - in this horrible, tragic manner! I cannot understand this. I don't care that I don't know the details of the autopsy, because I would likely feel even more perplexed. Victims' families can leverage a great deal of community support by expressing their anger and overwhelming determination after a murder. Regardless of garnering support, why wasn't anyone openly mad as hell after MB was so horrendously murdered? I cannot buy into the immediate expression of forgiveness. Religious convictions are respected, but normal human emotions and responses are, as well.

This won't fit into the old "everyone grieves differently" catch all (no offense to you, jane). That phrase is used so often to excuse response that fall outside the norm.

Why wasn't anyone openly angry and demanding? This factor has been prominent for me.

Agreed...that's why I said I used to think that. It's definitely strange. In the beginning it wasn't "off" to me, but now it's weird. JMO

How do you know that? Because MPD said so? Ok, let me ask this - anyone know who he was traveling with? Nope. Don't you think that person would be standing up in his defense?

THANK YOU! I have been screaming this for months! We only have MPD's "word" on anything to do with ALIBI!!!!! It is ridiculous that everyone keeps preaching that RB-VB and BB have "checked out" alibi excuses.

I just think cases like this take time...there was another girl in DFW and it took what seemed like forever for the guy to be convicted. They had proof of them together on video, and her body has never been found.

There will be an arrest eventually, and I think in hindsight the lack of communication around it will make sense. JMO

Christina Morris???? Crazy they still haven't found her body....smh

So was there another airline that was supposed to do the above except for AA?

BB went out of his way to show everyone he was where he was supposed to be. In MISS. At around 7:30 he posted on FB that he made it. That was imho, the signal that said, Monday morning is a GO. Do it!!

He didn't need to be in Midlothian to participate in the actual murder.
In fact, better to be far away.

But imo, he knew.

Thank you, Razz!

Not sure why almost everyone here takes MPD/LE literally. There is NO proof that the alibi of BB and/or RB-VB is 100% foolproof! We have no witness statements that have been published, no airline ticket info, etc. We need to get this "set-up" of circumstances by MPD/LE addressed and verified. Crimes need facts to be able to be solvable!!!!!!
YES! :happydance:

Ima just frame this and put it on my wall, if that's all right. ;)

Only as long as you properly cite your source. :laughing:

Speaking of CM and passionate relatives, I burst into tears when CM's mom told EA, "She wasn't yours to take." Those powerful words have stuck with me.

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

- Elie Wiesel

Only as long as you properly cite your source. :laughing:

Speaking of CM and passionate relatives, I burst into tears when CM's mom told EA, "She wasn't yours to take." Those powerful words have stuck with me.

Yes!! I was in the same shopping center she was in that night, but much earlier. Such a heartbreaking case.

There are currently 31 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 20 guests)
Been this way all day. Sadly I think they probably thought some new news on the case.
No news and no arrest still :waiting: . Nice to see ya :websleuther:

Off topic, but there has finally been an arrest in the Heather Ciccone case! Another horrific murder that took place Dec. 2015 with very little information provided by the police. This makes me hopeful that MPD has more evidence and will make an arrest as soon as possible. I think everyone will be a lot safer with SP locked up. Dressing up in swat gear and brutally murdering Missy in a church is not something an emotionally balanced person would do.

Respectfully, we do not know the verification procedures of LE. It could be "word of mouth". Example: Joe Schmoe said that BB was on a flight with me. This case if placing too much emphasis on hearsay.

Another thing to consider is if there is "something fishy" going on in this investigation, MPD is giving out answers that the public wants to hear and that will stop questions.

My opinions only.

Oh, ok. So - threw the public a bone by releasing a photo of the backend of the Altima last May which sent everyone on a while goose chase trying to identify the bumper sticker and/or the plates. The public ran with the assumption that 1) that's all that they were able to release, 2) the Altima is not a suspect vehicle and 3) the tools used belonged to the church. Fine.

Fast forward to December, at which time SWFA took it upon themselves to release the video (I'm still not sure how they were permitted to do that without LE's approval given that it's evidence in an open murder investigation, but ok). So they release the video and the public goes crazy trying to make out faces and potential perp's, etc. which is all speculation if not validated by a licensed professional. I personally spent a great deal of time trying to help identify the Altima and at that time (January) was told the interior was beige. I contacted Nissan only to find out that the silver Altima's only come in "Frost" (light gray) or "Charcoal" (dark gray) interior. This is one of several (ok, MANY) things that caused me to scratch my head and wonder what the heck was going on. I could spend all day here describing my concerns but ..... anyway, I digress.

So the public spends 5 weeks trying to analyze that SWFA video and finally something concrete pops up and MPD goes silent. Why?

If you watched the Brain Scratch (by Lordan Arts on Youtube), it is explained that
SWFA released the video on on own; it was said that the same video was given to MPD after the crime. Why would MPD ONLY give a blurred out license plate number of the Altima, while only asking for an oval sticker identification, is something that needs addressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member