TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, locomule! After watching the video numerous times, I still get the creeps, and feel the driver of the car was involved in Missy’s murder. AND a big clue to me is the fact the driver uses a turn indicator when leaving the parking lot. I have been driving many years, and during that time, would say women use their turn indicators more often than men. Just sayin...

IMHO

I agree. Didn't they say that car was parked for a bit- just long enough to put on a cop disguise- and then left the parking lot. It IS the perfect planning or staging area to commit a crime across the road from.
Anyway, yeah... I think it's a local woman. Crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's up for debate. What if someone, who may have had motive to kill Missy, helped process or was at the very least present at the crime scene during the original processing? It seems that the scene was cleared awfully quickly. Going back over how and where the scene was processed may overturn something that points to the identify of the killer. I am of the belief that bantering ideas back and forth may lead someone to make a connection that they had not previously been able to make it. It always seems to be the small things that break a case like this wide open.

Cannonball, I tried to quote your post about processing tools that were left behind at the scene, but I could not find it. I wonder if SP left the tools by the kitchen door as he was leaving. Maybe that's how LE presumes to know where SP exited the building.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that LE issued a SW for a person who does not fit the physical parameters that they have issued to the public. Why would they do that? I am still praying for Missy and her family.

JMO, but LE does not have to give all the correct details to the public because we are not privy to that. I don't think LE was prepared for sleuths like all of us on these threads to dissect the case and do research. Its not uncommon for them to say things to the public that are not exactly true because they don't want the sp(s) to know where LE is in the investigation. An amateur did not commit this murder, JMO

That's up for debate. What if someone, who may have had motive to kill Missy, helped process or was at the very least present at the crime scene during the original processing? It seems that the scene was cleared awfully quickly. Going back over how and where the scene was processed may overturn something that points to the identify of the killer .

I understand what you are saying. You're saying we should start "sleuthing the LE investigation" and see if LE deliberately messed up the investigation on day one.

Let me make it clear that my point wasn't to tell you or anyone else what to think or say, but rather to share my opinion - and IMO we're too far removed from the scene to be able to evaluate the process (and the minute by minute actions of the processors) at all. How would that be possible for us at WS to do from so far outside the loop, when we really have no clue exactly what they did and where they did it and in what order and how long they took on each step and what the crime scene actually looked like and who was doing what? Nor do we know exactly what they should have done, to be able to evaluate one against the other.

We do have a few pictures from well outside the building of them entering the building at some undetermined time, and a fuzzy photo image of them maybe being at a certain spot in the building at some undetermined time, but we are privy to none of what they were doing while in there, nor of all the various places they might have been doing it, nor how long, and no comprehensive log of what there was to do. If LE personnel are involved in crimes and messing things up in Ellis County LE, that is clearly a problem, but someone would have to be right in the middle of it all on a regular basis to be able to figure that out IMO.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that LE issued a SW for a person who does not fit the physical parameters that they have issued to the public. Why would they do that?.

Good question. I have wondered the same, because it simply doesn't add up.

I finally came to the speculative conclusion that at some point they decided to broaden their search, because they were running out of places to look. And here's where that took me.

First, I'm observing that they didn't go for that SW until about 7-8 months later.

Second, I'm assuming they looked at him early on, and they had the following:
- multiple people kept tipping him as fitting the description of the walk,
- he was somehow in the mix around the funeral scene, so maybe some connection to MB,
- he had some ties to LE (and therefore could have had that sort of swat-wear),
- he had a dark SUV,
- he had a hazy alibi for the night of the murder,
- BUT he was the wrong height.

So in the short term, he was discarded as a possibility, based on the height.

Third, I'm guessing that after 6 months, maybe they decided to start investigating possibilities that were not exactly right, but that checked a lot of the boxes. Who "almost" fit the list of characteristics they were looking for? Maybe one of those things was a mistake. In his situation, perhaps someone asked "What if that height range calculation is wrong" and then with all the other things that fit together, they were intrigued.

That was what I came up with. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

That's up for debate. What if someone, who may have had motive to kill Missy, helped process or was at the very least present at the crime scene during the original processing? It seems that the scene was cleared awfully quickly. Going back over how and where the scene was processed may overturn something that points to the identify of the killer. I am of the belief that bantering ideas back and forth may lead someone to make a connection that they had not previously been able to make it. It always seems to be the small things that break a case like this wide open.

Cannonball, I tried to quote your post about processing tools that were left behind at the scene, but I could not find it. I wonder if SP left the tools by the kitchen door as he was leaving. Maybe that's how LE presumes to know where SP exited the building.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that LE issued a SW for a person who does not fit the physical parameters that they have issued to the public. Why would they do that? I am still praying for Missy and her family.
Maybe they are at their wit's end?

Or could be previous statements regarding height and weight were incorrect?

The helmet bothers me, or gives me hope as it seems to be a rather odd one. The SW person claimed to have one that looked just like it. Maybe others on his former SWAT team possess the same helmet?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I finally came to the speculative conclusion that at some point they decided to broaden their search, because they were running out of places to look. And here's where that took me.

First, I'm observing that they didn't go for that SW until about 7-8 months later.

- he was somehow in the mix around the funeral scene, so maybe some connection to MB,
- he had a dark SUV,

Third, I'm guessing that after 6 months, maybe they decided to start investigating possibilities that were not exactly right, but that checked a lot of the boxes. Who "almost" fit the list of characteristics they were looking for? Maybe one of those things was a mistake. In his situation, perhaps someone asked "What if that height range calculation is wrong" and then with all the other things that fit together, they were intrigued.

Maybe, they tried to get a SW sooner, but the judge denied it and 7-8 months later they had what they needed for the judge to sign it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, they tried to get a SW sooner, but the judge denied it and 7-8 months later they had what they needed for the judge to sign it.

That's certainly possible, as well as the possibility that they didn't even become aware of him until much later.

But if that's the case, then we still need an explanation for the discrepancy between the height of the perp in the SW, and that of the perp description that LE BOLO'ed to the public early on. They didn't match. And there is some sort of reason why they ignored the non-match.

anyone else feel LE reopened the crime scene way too quickly?
or maybe the killer is friends with someone in LE?

- he had a dark SUV,

Here are my thoughts. I'm no expert on probable cause, but it may be that they didn't have probable cause to be successful in getting a SW until December. Remember, we don't get to know how many times they might have sought one and been denied prior to December. Or maybe they didn't make the attempt until December because they waited for a crucial piece to fall into place.

For example, we don't know when someone came forward to report the dark SUV leaving at 4:30 am. Maybe it was very early on, or perhaps they became aware of it much later.

Same for the podiatrist expert. We don't know when LE received his findings. I would think it took awhile to identify POIs and capture video surveillance of them walking in order to send the footage to him. And then who knows how long it took him to review and report his findings.

My guess is that the simple fact he was former LE and went to church with the Bevers was not enough. After all, we all know LV had been in LE much more recently than the other guy, also went to church with the Bevers, had more of a personal connection, and was more of a physical match to the perp - yet LE never executed any SWs on LV, and in fact publicly cleared him.

But with this guy, the fact of the dark SUV (he drives a dark brown Honda CRV) and the podiatrist ruling out all POIs except him was enough to get the SW.

That's certainly possible, as well as the possibility that they didn't even become aware of him until much later.

But if that's the case, then we still need an explanation for the discrepancy between the height of the perp in the SW, and that of the perp description that LE BOLO'ed to the public early on. They didn't match. And there is some sort of reason why they ignored the non-match.

As far as your statement about maybe not being aware of him until later - the probable cause affidavit states that they first interviewed him on May 6.

Thanks for the welcome. Videos may have been unwatchable because I was using YouTube editing features to remove camera shake induced by my ancient video editor. There are now 5 videos posted. I think you get the best view of the driver in the 1st. The 4th video seems to reveal an empty passenger seat. The 5th video seems to reveal a dash mounted screen of some kind.

Can you post the links again or tell us what you named them? Clicking on your link doesn't work for me. It opens YouTube but just shows me my own library.

Missy was not a member of the Creekside Church church she was murdered at but rather the Cowboy Church of Ellis County located approximately 2.5 miles southeast on the same highway. Missy was a fitness instructor and had recently relocated her classes from her own Cowboy Church to Creekside where she was murdered. Does anyone know any details of why she made this move?

Though somewhat off-topic, here is an article about the Ellis County district court judge Knize down in the Waxahachie and Midlothian area. We already know the level of corruption among LE down there, but unfortunately it extends to the judiciary as well. Note the endorsement of Knize by the Waxahachie Daily Light.

The article is a decade old, and Knize has since retired. But it illuminates the atmosphere in local government, politics, and the law down there.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/bully-on-the-bench-6419611

Apologies if this was already posted and I missed it -- an opinion piece on this case from the Midlothian newspaper from earlier this month. It's moving, and reading between the lines I would guess this is the editor the Stricklands were talking to, and they decided to call off a story.

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20171112/brooks-remembering-missy

Thank you for this. I wonder if the family the writer refers to are the Bevers or the Stricklands, or both?

Catching up a little.

Thanks forthe repost of the SWFA video. Reminded me of how hard it was raining (looking at lights, puddles, etc.)

The turning off and on the lights as they pull in seems even more unusual. I’ve heard a few explanations, but none satify. And that they naturally went to the back ofthe property (on a dark and stormy night) tells me that they had some familiarity with this property. This driver doesn’t seem to be searching around. He/she knows where everything is. Not saying they’re guilty but seems to negate the “so-journer” theorythat was presented. Not really enough time for a rendezvous thatwas suspected. Was about the right amount of time to finish dressing, but that could be circumstantial. Definitely keep the Altima in the story lineas a potential connection. Or not.

On the otherhand, if this is a meticulous planner as many here seem to contend, driving your car pretty well all through a property with dozens of high-end cameras (you can see a few in one shot) isn’t consistent with detailed scheming.

I’ve had similar thoughts to Steve on issuing a SW on someone that was a physical mis-match. That’s just another baffling tidbit.

My theories.

1. This POI was the only that matched up per theforensic podiatrist. And they sure checka lot of other boxes. Maybe the podiatrist confirmed that this isvery much a unique and unusual gait. And just this guy has it.

2. They were probably feeling pressure to do SOMETHING. And of all their POI’s this one matched up the best. Let’s give it a shot. He himself admitted to matching up in some areas. Etc. etc. etc. At least the ball is in motion

3. They may think that there is more than one person involved (at least in the planning). And this is one of them (not SP). They went for the electronics communications to clue them on who or whator where to start digging.

4. Misdirection? They’re trying to throw someone (however).

True. An explanation from LE would be great. Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened yet. I would think everyone is a suspect until they charge someone, including people who don’t fit the BOLO’ed description. Maybe they aren’t confident on the height or maybe LE is looking for more than one perp. It’s hard telling where they are with the investigation.

Thank you for this. I wonder if the family the writer refers to are the Bevers or the Stricklands, or both?

Could be either, and I think he was careful to avoid specifying, but two remarks suggest to me that he's talking about the Stricklands: "They don’t seek the limelight" ... and are "determined to see that Missy’s killer is brought to justice."

BB may not be seeking the limelight but he hasn't exactly shied away from it either. Same can be said of other Bevers family members. Until someone apparently told him he wasn't doing himself any favors by talking so much to the news media, BB talked a lot to the news media. His mother wrote the open letters, his sister gave interviews, or at least one interview, and his father joined him in the impromptu press conference outside the MPD.

The Stricklands, as far as I know, haven't given any media interviews.

While BB may want to see justice for Missy, he made a comment in the email to a crime publication over the summer that one of his daughters would rather see no arrest than see her dad wrongly accused on social media, or words along those lines.

(I doubt the editor has been speaking with the Bevers children and I'm not referring to them either way in suggesting he may have meant the Stricklands rather than Bevers when referring to Missy's family. They are obviously her family and both Strickland and Bevers family members. I'm talking only about the adults.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada