TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if she always entered the church since the beginning of starting classes there OR just on rainy/stormy days?
She didn’t usually arrive there with anyone else there, so the only person who could answer that would be Missy herself, sadly. I will say that there are plenty of lights that stay on constantly, so no need to step in and turn lights on. The bathrooms are immediately to the left as you go inside, so she would go in if she needed to use the bathroom. Other than that, I can’t think of a good reason to have to enter the church every single time.

She didn’t usually arrive there with anyone else there, so the only person who could answer that would be Missy herself, sadly. I will say that there are plenty of lights that stay on constantly, so no need to step in and turn lights on. The bathrooms are immediately to the left as you go inside, so she would go in if she needed to use the bathroom. Other than that, I can’t think of a good reason to have to enter the church every single time.
Reaching back into my memory of the first threads or the case, that is how I remember it too.

I'd really like to know what room she intended to use if the class moved inside.

Didn't her daughter sometimes go with her in the mornings? I could be wrong about that. It's been a long while since thinking about this case.

jmo

Reaching back into my memory of the first threads or the case, that is how I remember it too.

I'd really like to know what room she intended to use if the class moved inside.

Didn't her daughter sometimes go with her in the mornings? I could be wrong about that. It's been a long while since thinking about this case.

jmo
BBM. When her daughter attended, it was Missy’s 9 am class. Never the 5 am class.

She began the classes at Creekside at the end of August / beginning of September 2015. So around 7-1/2 months.
Do you know if she always entered the church since the beginning of having classes there OR just on rainy/stormy days?
Thank you for the response. IMO it may lend to why that particular day and who would have known. JMO

The rain perhaps offered extra "cover" for a crime.

But it's hard to plan for rainy days in Texas. It could have been another 6 months until there was another rainy Monday morning on Hwy 287 in Midlothian.

Also, maybe Missy's Monday class had nothing to do with any of it. Maybe the perp was there for a robbery, with no idea MB or her class were going to be there. Who expects people to be in a church in the night time? I sure wouldn't.

Thank you for the response. IMO it may lend to why that particular day and who would have known. JMO
snipped

Bingo. One possible scenario (out of many possible scenarios) is a person noted the weather forecast.

No, that doesn't answer every question. But points to someone who was familiar with Missy's routine if we chose to follow that possible clue.

jmo

Which I agree with you on this also and I keep thinking about it. I go back to the question, why didn't SP just shoot and run? Why did he/she do both, shoot AND attack MB with the tools?

Then I think, ok, MB surprised SP and SP lashed out with whatever tool he/she had in their hand initially. But imo, SP was loaded down with the clothing gear, they would have had to give one massive first blow to knock MB down, otherwise I feel like MB easily could have gotten away/outran SP. And what are the chances of SP, again being heavily clothed, getting that kind of first blow on MB? Not out of the question of course, but imo smaller with their limited range of motion.

And if surprised and SP shot MB first (since we don't know what order that happened in), then why did SP also attack her with tools?

If MB was shot and shot only, I would lean more towards the surprise theory. But since she was also attacked with the tools, I keep trying to play out in my mind how this could have happened. In an open hallway, MB easily could have gotten away with her agility. If they trapped MB in a room, HOW in the world did that happen? It's like watching a scary movie, no person who is alone on a dark and rainy night is going to go into a room, closet, bathroom after hearing a noise.....what happened that MB got trapped and couldn't get away? Either a voice she knew and expected or imo they shot her first then attacked her. And this would lead me to more of a personal attack versus random.
I agree that the scenario of how exactly SP was able to attack MB has always confused me. To see someone dressed that way, and moving towards me, and holding any kind of 'weapon' would, IMO trigger every instinct to stay out of reach of any tools. I don't believe in the old Hollywood scenario, where the female stands frozen with fear as the giant gorilla menacingly approaches her, hands outstretched to grab her.

When someone is physically attacked, IMO, it's either that they've been outrun/ overpowered, or have been taken by surprise. MB wouldn't have been standing still, where someone could sneak up on her. So I always assumed SP was waiting around a corner and MB literally walked into him/her. But it seems, there was no corner.

So certainly, if she was shot from some distance, that would explain it, SP didn't need be hiding, ready to attack when they were within arms reach.

But if that was the case, why didn't someone targetting MB just shoot her as she was leaving her home at 4:30 am? No need for break ins and dressup and weather-conditional schemes.

It's also long bothered me that SP would break into the church and appear on video, when they couldn't be certain MB would even go into the church, in spite of the rain. What if she'd just unlocked the door, but not gone in until others arrived? The break in and video footage would be discovered, and IMO MB would've found a new place to excercise.

I think there is a tendency to assume that, because she was killed, SP somehow knew that would be the outcome. But IMO, that's not at all the case. Few people (maybe psychopaths) can be that confident that their plan will succeed, most people are riddled with uncertainty about even the most simple things in life, not to mention something they've never done before and could be imprisoned and executed for.

:DI don’t know how to post photos but could someone who does know post a picture of an (“the Altima”) and a picture of a G37 for comparison?
Purty Please!

I agree that the scenario of how exactly SP was able to attack MB has always confused me. To see someone dressed that way, and moving towards me, and holding any kind of 'weapon' would, IMO trigger every instinct to stay out of reach of any tools. I don't believe in the old Hollywood scenario, where the female stands frozen with fear as the giant gorilla menacingly approaches her, hands outstretched to grab her.

When someone is physically attacked, IMO, it's either that they've been outrun/ overpowered, or have been taken by surprise. MB wouldn't have been standing still, where someone could sneak up on her. So I always assumed SP was waiting around a corner and MB literally walked into him/her. But it seems, there was no corner.

So certainly, if she was shot from some distance, that would explain it, SP didn't need be hiding, ready to attack when they were within arms reach.

But if that was the case, why didn't someone targetting MB just shoot her as she was leaving her home at 4:30 am? No need for break ins and dressup and weather-conditional schemes.

It's also long bothered me that SP would break into the church and appear on video, when they couldn't be certain MB would even go into the church, in spite of the rain. What if she'd just unlocked the door, but not gone in until others arrived? The break in and video footage would be discovered, and IMO MB would've found a new place to excercise.

I think there is a tendency to assume that, because she was killed, SP somehow knew that would be the outcome. But IMO, that's not at all the case. Few people (maybe psychopaths) can be that confident that their plan will succeed, most people are riddled with uncertainty about even the most simple things in life, not to mention something they've never done before and could be imprisoned and executed for.

Someone con

Thing is, killers don't think like we do (i.e. people who don't kill)-- it is difficult for us to put ourselves in the mind set of a killer, but here is what I think - Someone contemplating murder most likely believes they can pull it off- they often think they are smarter than they are, and definitely smarter than the police. If they didn't think they would get away with it, they would not attempt to kill someone. Very often overconfidence leads to getting caught.- In this particular case, the killer is looking much better than the police because so far this person has gotten away with it. I don't know if the detectives in Midlothian are good at their job- or not-- I have seen so many cold cases that went cold because small details were missed early in the investigation - these cases were solved many years later when new detectives picked up the case later and saw things that were initially missed and followed up. I hope and pray they get this person. It is maddening to know that so far this person has gotten away with murder.

IIRC, we don't know much about the actual attack. Could the perp have started the attack somewhere else - the bathroom or classroom where Missy would hold the class and Missy ran for the exit (or crawled to the exit if already injured)? I don't recall which areas were out of camera view, but IIRC the attack itself was not on camera. What areas in the church are out of video range?

I'm still thinking (for the moment, and along with other possibilities) that the perp was alerted by an accomplice that Missy arrived so the perp was ready. But, where?

jmo

Someone contemplating murder most likely believes they can pull it off- they often think they are smarter than they are, and definitely smarter than the police. If they didn't think they would get away with it, they would not attempt to kill someone. Very often overconfidence leads to getting caught.- In this particular case, the killer is looking much better than the police because so far this person has gotten away with it. I don't know if the detectives in Midlothian are good at their job- or not-- I have seen so many cold cases that went cold because small details were missed early in the investigation - these cases were solved many years later when new detectives picked up the case later and saw things that were initially missed and followed up. I hope and pray they get this person. It is maddening to know that so far this person has gotten away with murder.
RSBM

I agree with that. I suppose I'm thinking of people known to Missy, of the age and situation to want to target her, as not being such confident assassins. But, maybe someone knew a person who could/would dream it up and pull it off.

IIRC, we don't know much about the actual attack. Could the perp have started the attack somewhere else - the bathroom or classroom where Missy would hold the class and Missy ran for the exit (or crawled to the exit if already injured)? I don't recall which areas were out of camera view, but IIRC the attack itself was not on camera. What areas in the church are out of video range?

I'm still thinking (for the moment, and along with other possibilities) that the perp was alerted by an accomplice that Missy arrived so the perp was ready. But, where?

jmo
IIRC and don’t quote me at even 75% truth, wasn’t there a very lengthy discussion and research in the early ish ( maybe a year after her death) that a couple of memebers surmised she was attacked either in the bathroom or that little off camera area as you would enter the restrooms.

IIRC and don’t quote me at even 75% truth, wasn’t there a very lengthy discussion and research in the early ish ( maybe a year after her death) that a couple of memebers surmised she was attacked either in the bathroom or that little off camera area as you would enter the restrooms.
Maybe that's where I got the idea, lol! :) Hard to remember what I remember.

:DI don’t know how to post photos but could someone who does know post a picture of an (“the Altima”) and a picture of a G37 for comparison?
Purty Please!
Here is a look at the Altima vs the Infiniti G37. Look at the hoods of the vehicles. The two models have very different hoods. notice the Altima hood at top right is contoured in three different places including down the middle of the hood. The G37 has no middle contour and so the hood is flat across its width except for a contour at each edge. The edge contours of the Altima kind of flare inward as they progress down the hood; the G37’s edge contours come more or less straight down the hood in close parallel to the headlight.

Now look at the SWFA car at left. Notice there is a contour right down the middle which matches up with the Altima. Also notice that the edge contour is wide in relation to the headlight. In both the middle contour and the edge contour, the SWFA car’s hood matches the car at top left - the Altima. If the photo is not clear to you, try looking at the full surveillance video from SWFA.

Attachments

• 36F93E53-3781-40D6-90AF-26866A76097D.jpeg
    36F93E53-3781-40D6-90AF-26866A76097D.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors