TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see the prosthetic leg on two occasions in the video without going frame by frame once it's pointed out. And it's not just one single frame where you can see it. I don't recall ever saying that it's only visible in one single frame, if I did then misspoke. What I am trying to convey is that I went frame by frame and that's how I discovered it. Once I noticed it, I played the video at normal speed (multiple frames) and it's still visible.

Go to the footage from 1:23 to 1:27 (IN CORRECT SEQUENCE) and watch the right leg after the killer exits the dutch doors. View it at normal speed (multiple frames). Viewers can use the windows magnification feature (window button and +) to zoom in. The killer takes a higher step than normal and they bring their right leg up enough so that their pant leg catches pulling up their pant leg and revealing the prosthetic leg for a moment.

Experts are wrong all the time. Moreover, we don't know what the doctor was shown, how it was shown, what he was told to look for, etc. If he was asked to just look at the gait and compare it to POI's then of course he might overlook some things. I would suggest sending several experts a magnified clip of the footage from 1:07 to 1:28 and ask them if it's possible the killer is wearing a prosthetic leg.
I know/knew people, who have/had a prosthetic leg. They walk/ed very different in comparison. Never would I have thought, SP is wearing one. But flat-footed and maybe a little bit injured (knee) he seems to me AND drunken/high in any case, IMO. Otherwise (if not drunken/high) he would not have supported himself a little on the wall, IMO.
If you are right with the prosthetic leg, then I have suddenly lost my poi, I had for some time now. :confused::oops:

I know/knew people, who have/had a prosthetic leg. They walk/ed very different in comparison. Never would I have thought, SP is wearing one. But flat-footed and maybe a little bit injured (knee) he seems to me AND drunken/high in any case, IMO. Otherwise (if not drunken/high) he would not have supported himself a little on the wall, IMO.
If you are right with the prosthetic leg, then I have suddenly lost my poi, I had for some time now. :confused::oops:
I also know people (both men, fwiw) with a prothetic leg and while they are rather active, they don't do activities that require relying on the leg - like breaking into a building and the risk of having to move quickly and with agility. While someone breaking into a church might not expect someone to show up and interrupt their crime, they have to be ready for "just in case" situations. I don't think someone with a prosthetic leg would do that, no matter how active they are.

My opinion only.

jmo

I'd also like to see this episode but will pass on the $65 fee in order to do so.

I wonder if the podiatrist specifies which leg for sure has the hyperextended knee. My guess is that it's the right knee.

There is at least one time that I recall thinking SP was standing in the 1st ballet position. It's where the heels touch and the toes are pointing outward, thus the feet are turned out.
View attachment 290006
I know someone in that area who was/is a trained ballet dancer from seeing photos online but, Lawdy, I've never thought the SP was female.
The scene in your pic maybe the scene, where SP's head was also videoed from near and his eyes were shown. Can this be? I have lost my taken pic (laptop became scrap, new laptop without saved photos and messed up galery), and I would like to see the pic once more, if possible. I have a person in mind, which I hadn't back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scene in your pic maybe the scene, where SP's head was also videoed from near and his eyes were shown. Can this be? I have lost my taken pic (laptop became scrap, new laptop without saved photos and messed up galery), and I would like to see the pic once more, if possible. I have a person in mind, which I hadn't back then.
I feel your pain. I deleted many of my images plus an entire file of images on this case just weeks before Missy's threads were reopened. :rolleyes:

You may be referencing the 1:06 marker. I did not take a SS because there are other versions of this video on YT that have been enhanced; therefore, depicting the SPs face more clearly.
In the older threads, we had the image of just the head and eyes. It was a good one, too, as I recall.

I feel your pain. I deleted many of my images plus an entire file of images on this case just weeks before Missy's threads were reopened. :rolleyes:

You may be referencing the 1:06 marker. I did not take a SS because there are other versions of this video on YT that have been enhanced; therefore, depicting the SPs face more clearly.
In the older threads, we had the image of just the head and eyes. It was a good one, too, as I recall.

Yes, that is the second, SP looked at the camera. Unfortunately too far away. Okay then, I have the pic of his eyes in mind and won't forget them, just like you.

The combination of police Swat Gear and prosthetic leg doesn't make sense, as there are no officers with this handicap, afaik.

So IF SP has a prosthetic leg, we can assume, he didn't want to deceive anybody with his "costume". He only didn't want to be identificable, which unfortunately he succeeded in doing. In addition he had a head-to-toe protection against a struggle with his victim. When he returned to whereever he lives, nobody would have seen the smallest scratch.

I also know people (both men, fwiw) with a prothetic leg and while they are rather active, they don't do activities that require relying on the leg - like breaking into a building and the risk of having to move quickly and with agility. While someone breaking into a church might not expect someone to show up and interrupt their crime, they have to be ready for "just in case" situations. I don't think someone with a prosthetic leg would do that, no matter how active they are.

My opinion only.

jmo

Some people are capable of incredible feats whether they have regular legs or amputated legs. If SP wears a prosthetic leg, he seems to get along just fine from what's seen in the church video. When he first exits the kitchen, he runs his hand along the wall, perhaps in an effort to secure his balance.

The Blade Runner murdered model Reeva Steenkamp.

"Oscar Pistorius is a South African sprinter ... who endured the amputation of both legs as an infant ... He took up running at age 16, and within a few months, he had captured gold at the 2004 Athens Paralympics.
... in 2012, made history as the first amputee to compete in track events at the Olympics. The following year, Pistorius was arrested for killing his girlfriend ..."
Oscar Pistorius

Some people are capable of incredible feats whether they have regular legs or amputated legs. If SP wears a prosthetic leg, he seems to get along just fine from what's seen in the church video. When he first exits the kitchen, he runs his hand along the wall, perhaps in an effort to secure his balance.

The Blade Runner murdered model Reeva Steenkamp.

"Oscar Pistorius is a South African sprinter ... who endured the amputation of both legs as an infant ... He took up running at age 16, and within a few months, he had captured gold at the 2004 Athens Paralympics.
... in 2012, made history as the first amputee to compete in track events at the Olympics. The following year, Pistorius was arrested for killing his girlfriend ..."
Oscar Pistorius
Oscar was a runner. I doubt SP was a runner. Oscar wasn't committing a crime where he needed to run away if interrupted, if I recall the details.

Of the men I know with prosthetic legs, one in particular is very active. I don't discount an active life without a leg, but I do question whether someone like SP (who doesn't look in good shape) would commit a crime in a bulky outfit with the risk of having to run and make a speedy exit from a building through a broken entry would risk doing so with with a prosthetic leg. SP doesn't look like he could run like Oscar, imo.

That's my opinion, with the understanding that others might think SP has a prosthetic leg.

If LE thinks SP has a prosthetic leg, they would contact prosthetists to talk to them about their patient/clients, I would expect.

jmo

Yes, that is the second, SP looked at the camera. Unfortunately too far away. Okay then, I have the pic of his eyes in mind and won't forget them, just like you.

I posted this pic some years ago on WS. Perhaps you have this one in mind.

No overlay took place here. Eye area is authentic (there are some wild overlays of suspects out there!), as is everything else. Nothing added, nothing omitted. Worked with PS CS, Topaz Labs & Alien Skin:

swatperp woman copy.png
Click to enlarge

-Nin

And the lineup I posted on WS some years ago. I am aware, that many of the image host posts are inactive by now.

perp_images.png
Click to enlarge

If you have a particular image in mind that's missing in general or you cannot locate it, please ask and I can retrieve it. Thanks.

-Nin

And the lineup I posted on WS some years ago. I am aware, that many of the image host posts are inactive by now.

View attachment 290198
Click to enlarge

If you have a particular image in mind that's missing in general or you cannot locate it, please ask and I can retrieve it. Thanks.

-Nin
Nin,
Loved your work years ago and thankful you are still here with us.
On the very last picture it looks like a keychain, lanyard or some form of a string of keys in SP right hand. Have you been able to find anything on that? It could be my eyes playing tricks, JMO!

Nin,
Loved your work years ago and thankful you are still here with us.
On the very last picture it looks like a keychain, lanyard or some form of a string of keys in SP right hand. Have you been able to find anything on that? It could be my eyes playing tricks, JMO!

It is actually still the (a) hammer they are holding in their right hand:

(only brightness slightly adjusted)

SP AUD 0 to 02.jpg
Click to enlarge

We can see in the video he is wearing a headlight, when approaching the auditorium door.He seems to be pulling out something looking possibly like a flashlight (?) holding it shoulder height with his left hand while the hammer in his right hand is on shoulder height as well now:

SP AUD 03 to 1.jpg
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

Will work on that flashlight like object.

-Nin

No overlay took place here. Eye area is authentic (there are some wild overlays of suspects out there!), as is everything else. Nothing added, nothing omitted. Worked with PS CS, Topaz Labs & Alien Skin:

View attachment 290197
Click to enlarge

-Nin
Thank you, I think, this pic is it!

View attachment 290197
Click to enlarge

-Nin

Wow. Now I really think it’s a woman.
Thanks for posting this!

Looks like a small female face, yes. But in front of the double door and the auditorium, the individual looks like a man to me.

Regarding the object held in their left hand in front of the auditorium doors. It looks like they have been carrying that flashlight-like object in their left hand while returning from the area past the double doors.

BTW, from this angle it looks a lot like that object in the very end of the video, when he is hammering the glass:

(Contrast, Tone)

work 3 27 2 Contrast Tone Clean.png
Click to enlarge

Here they are just about to enter the auditorium, hammer is held in their right hand, shoulder height, flashlight object is held in their left hand, shoulder height. Now the object looks more tubular IMO:

(Contrast, Tone)

work 3 27 2 Contrast Tone Clean 2.jpg
Click to enlarge

Start looking from the feet up to their shoulders. Otherwise it looks like his left shoulder is forward.

More brightness added, so you know his/her right shoulder is forward:

Contrast, Tone, Brightness

work 3 27 2 Contrast Tone Clean Brightness.jpg
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

It is actually still the (a) hammer they are holding in their right hand:

View attachment 290223
Click to enlarge

We can see in the video he is wearing a headlight, when approaching the auditorium door.He seems to be pulling out something looking possibly like a flashlight (?) holding it shoulder height with his left hand while the hammer in his right hand is on shoulder height as well now:

View attachment 290226
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

Will work on that flashlight like object.
I edited this post.
-Nin
Absolutely chilling to consider. We want an arrest of this cold hearted person. LE needs to track down that white Altima asap bc it's clear between the two videos that it's the same SP Killer with a Hammer. He's displaying caution. There's a firearm involved. SP knows his handicapped legs' limitations, possibly.

You can see the prosthetic leg on two occasions in the video without going frame by frame once it's pointed out. And it's not just one single frame where you can see it. I don't recall ever saying that it's only visible in one single frame, if I did then misspoke. What I am trying to convey is that I went frame by frame and that's how I discovered it. Once I noticed it, I played the video at normal speed (multiple frames) and it's still visible.

Go to the footage from 1:23 to 1:27 (IN CORRECT SEQUENCE) and watch the right leg after the killer exits the dutch doors. View it at normal speed (multiple frames). Viewers can use the windows magnification feature (window button and +) to zoom in. The killer takes a higher step than normal and they bring their right leg up enough so that their pant leg catches pulling up their pant leg and revealing the prosthetic leg for a moment.

Experts are wrong all the time. Moreover, we don't know what the doctor was shown, how it was shown, what he was told to look for, etc. If he was asked to just look at the gait and compare it to POI's then of course he might overlook some things. I would suggest sending several experts a magnified clip of the footage from 1:07 to 1:28 and ask them if it's possible the killer is wearing a prosthetic leg.
I can see you put a lot of effort into making that video and Thank You for sharing. I agree with poster @interestedincases that you have made me strongly reconsider botched burglary.

On the prosthetic leg, poster @No it's not or @Gumshoe Stories may be best to answer this question, but it came up before about low quality cameras and the issue of pixelation when the object is in movement. What looks like a prosthetic leg just a couple of times may be unwanted pixelation? I believe prosthetic leg is another option that is good to consider, and I wonder if LE has looked into that possibility.

Looks like a small female face, yes. But in front of the double door and the auditorium, the individual looks like a man to me.

Regarding the object held in their left hand in front of the auditorium doors. It looks like they have been carrying that flashlight-like object in their left hand while returning from the area past the double doors.

BTW, from this angle it looks a lot like that object in the very end of the video, when he is hammering the glass:

(Contrast, Tone)

View attachment 290232
Click to enlarge

Here they are just about to enter the auditorium, hammer is held in their right hand, shoulder height, flashlight object is held in their left hand, shoulder height. Now the object looks more tubular IMO:

(Contrast, Tone)

View attachment 290233
Click to enlarge

Start looking from the feet up to their shoulders. Otherwise it looks like his left shoulder is forward.

More brightness added, so you know his/her right shoulder is forward:

Contrast, Tone, Brightness

View attachment 290234
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin
"Looks like a small female face, yes. But in front of the double door and the auditorium, the individual looks like a man" NIN

It's frightening to realize there's at least one firearm in the tactical vest's pockets.

Wearing a headlight, correct? The entire time, correct, or just in the auditorium portion or inner section of the bldg? Does the killer use both: a headlight and flashlight?

Maybe SP carries a, possibly pre-planted, white, cylindrical item that some may see as a white rectangular box. I lean to the former.

White Item
Did SP grab the white item from the West Hallway closet after reaching inside on a shelf for it, that is, after opening the unlocked door, right after the Killer walks away from the kitchen, strums Rt hand along the interior Northern wall, maybe to stabilize and assure balance, then walks Left turning into the Western Hallway?
What was the question?

Absolutely chilling to consider. We want an arrest of this cold hearted person. LE needs to track down that white Altima asap bc it's clear between the two videos that it's the same SP Killer with a Hammer. He's displaying caution. There's a firearm involved. SP knows his handicapped legs' limitations, possibly.

I am convinced, that LE has been working on Missy's case relentlessly. There may always be sidetracks and time constraints (evidence) as well as possibly having identified the wrong vehicle (Nissan Altima vs Infinity G37 according to the 2019 MPD PC (Gumshoe Stories). Since this will be a capital case, they have to make absolutely sure there are no risks! If this was indeed a burglary gone wrong, the killer must have left more evidence than we know about (and we do not know much anyway). He could not have expected such an outcome.

The one thing though, that throws me off, is that Missy was shot. What is the statistic for burglars (commercial buildings/ churches/ schools) wear guns? Anyone knows?

ALL IMO

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members