TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For crying out loud! All this time I thought the eyewitness reporting the dark SUV departure was the first male Gladiator to arrive that morning yet stayed in his vehicle a while because it was raining. Lead me to that passersby, will ya?

Must track down BWHs warrant stating cause for the dark SUV.

When viewing the SWFA gun store video, Chris Kyle Memorial Highway (Hwy 287) is visible. There's little road travel at that hour and mostly not necessarily speeding, because the roads were really wet. It was so dark that morning.

BBs flight out of town delayed departure was due to the copious amounts of rain at the Dallas International Airport.

Add video:
@00:27 Altima enters parking lot
@1:30 a car passes by on the highway
Altima slows to assure car doesn't enter parking lot
Shiny red truck passes by on the highway
At 3:20 Altima parks under light and turns off headlights
At 6:23 headlights come on
At 6:42 Altima waits for a transport truck to pass by
At 6:48 Altima enters highway

It was reported the tag had a special emblem in the center between the numbers.

I am only half way through this thread so apologies if this has been asked. At the 6:50 mark in the video does it seem something shifts in the lit window? I don't have a grasp yet on layout to know if it could just be lights from cars going by.
Edit: never mind- I see now this video is from SWFA rather than church.

Last edited:
The SP sometimes is looking like a man with trousers and jacket and a corresponding silhouette. Another time SP is looking like dressed with a longer jacket, without a visible waist section. How can it be?
I remember old pictures from years ago, where even the trousers were different, as if there were alternately two men in one video. Choreographie of two perps (one enters a room, the second man exits the same room) or blurry pictures?? Idk. :(

Police said that there is one perp seen in the video, and that they believe that one person is the one who killed Missy. It would have been a problem for two people to be in the church because the motion activated cameras would have revealed the second person. It may be that when you think you see differences, it might be due to lighting. At night, about every third fluorescent light is lit, so the lighting changes quite a bit depending on if the killer is directly under a light.

The reward increased via an anonymus donation, afaik, and it became a bit suspious to me because of that. Am I wrong with it? Memory error once more?? I might search for it later in the day ...

There were two anonymous donations of $15k each from private parties. SWFA put up $10k. So did Oak Farms Dairy. The dairy reward may or may not still be in effect. It had a six-month expiration. And last year, Dean Foods sold Oak Farms Dairy to Dairy Farmers of America.

Police have been tipped over the years that the suspect is a pregnant woman, a ballerina, and now an amputee. Where most people get led astray is when they go frame by frame without keeping the context of the overall video in mind. And yes, when we zoom in on a frame that isn’t even good quality to begin with, it produces artifacts that are not the original source material.

Here is an example of one frame I grabbed:

View attachment 290247

The individual frame makes the killer look hopelessly crippled. But this is just an optical illusion.

Now, to the discussion of what the killer is holding in his left hand as he approaches the auditorium. He isn’t holding anything in his left hand, as we can see when we back it up just a second:

View attachment 290248

I wonder if it could be a metal rectangular small lock box in the perps hand once he/she comes out of the room?

This is for coins but the shape is what I was thinking could be a possibility.

If nothing was missing from the church apologies if my line of thinking is going in the wrong direction.

Attachments

• 59573146-F584-4AFB-AFFF-1A47CD04F70D.jpeg
    59573146-F584-4AFB-AFFF-1A47CD04F70D.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Police said that there is one perp seen in the video, and that they believe that one person is the one who killed Missy. <rsbm>.

There were two anonymous donations of $15k each from private parties. SWFA put up $10k. So did Oak Farms Dairy. The dairy reward may or may not still be in effect. It had a six-month expiration. And last year, Dean Foods sold Oak Farms Dairy to Dairy Farmers of America.

Missy's Reward is up to $40k.
$10k offering from the Dairy Farmers of America would be nice. :cool: Thanks to SWFA. :) Yay :)

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

According to BatBrat's work, the suspect would be 5'10" barefoot. Lhughessk was so kind as to bring the images of some of BatBrat's work to this thread.
If the 5'10" height is correct, we should consider that only 5% of the female population in the U.S. would be in this height range.

TALL WOMEN

Further, women perpetrate violent crimes 20% of the time, and property crimes 37% of the time.
Table 42

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
If the 5'10" height is correct, we should consider that only 5% of the female population in the U.S. would be in this height range.

TALL WOMEN

Further, women perpetrate violent crimes 20% of the time, and property crimes 37% of the time.
Table 42

Much respect for @Batbrat and her work, but I don’t know about a 5’10” barefoot height for the killer. That’s over 6 feet tall when you add helmet and boots. Police say 5’8” from boots to top of helmet, give or take 1-1/2”. And they had access to more precise measurements.

You all can take a look at this photo and see what you think. The subject in the photo is 5’1-1/2”. The photo is at eye level as opposed to the surveillance video shooting down from about 9 feet.

1BBB4FB5-EEA3-4493-B65F-304C539115F2.jpeg3A2857FA-5E02-4178-AFE9-9876B22FABED.jpeg

Attachments

• B705F629-7495-40D2-A713-1169D1759DCF.jpeg
    B705F629-7495-40D2-A713-1169D1759DCF.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
This video references SWFA had an attempted break in at which time they published video online. (Not sure which video they are referencing as I am just now reading more into this case/thread).
There is a view of the church from inside the window at SWFA (if I am interpreting this correctly) at 2:19. I wonder if this could be the same window with the light on, or at-least the same side of the building facing the church.

Much respect for @Batbrat and her work, but I don’t know about a 5’10” barefoot height for the killer. That’s over 6 feet tall when you add helmet and boots. Police say 5’8” from boots to top of helmet, give or take 1-1/2”. And they had access to more precise measurements.

You all can take a look at this photo and see what you think. The subject in the photo is 5’1-1/2”. The photo is at eye level as opposed to the surveillance video shooting down from about 9 feet.

View attachment 290310View attachment 290314
Yes, I see your point. The only way I would know how to gauge height is to compare their statue to the height of a doorway. Doors are typically all the same height in this type of a building, IWT? If the police say 5'8" with boots, we can guess the Perp is approx. 5'6.5" stocking feet. That height range could certainly be a female or male.

This was really interesting. I was heartened to hear that this is an 'active' case with the PD not a cold case. Hoping something happens.
Great to see your coverage, Gumshoe.
Thank you, Chris McDonough is the real deal. Retired homicide detective with 40 years and 500 death cases in experience. He brings a behavioral analysis to the case and tries to think like the killer thinks. Chris is also associated with the Cold Case Foundation. Here’s hoping that if the current avenues MPD is pursuing don’t work out, they and/or the family will let the foundation help.

The SP sometimes is looking like a man with trousers and jacket and a corresponding silhouette. Another time SP is looking like dressed with a longer jacket, without a visible waist section. How can it be?
I remember old pictures from years ago, where even the trousers were different, as if there were alternately two men in one video. Choreographie of two perps (one enters a room, the second man exits the same room) or blurry pictures?? Idk. :(

That's an illusion based on the trousers and the side pockets. He consistently shows a waste/ reg. jacket and seems to have content in his trouser pockets. It is 1 person.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Thank you, Chris McDonough is the real deal. Retired homicide detective with 40 years and 500 death cases in experience. He brings a behavioral analysis to the case and tries to think like the killer thinks. Chris is also associated with the Cold Case Foundation. Here’s hoping that if the current avenues MPD is pursuing don’t work out, they and/or the family will let the foundation help.

GS, I have not been in the loop for a while and am catching up on your videos. Excellent work! Your and Chris' expertise and background will be more than helpful in this case. I can see it moving forward again from the public point of view.

I hope it is okay to have a different opinion sometimes regarding images. You are correct, only a consecutive sequence of frames can confirm anything seen. In the end we are all working this case with the same goal, justice for Missy!

Let's go back to work.

-Nin

GS, I have not been in the loop for a while and am catching up on your videos. Excellent work! Your and Chris' expertise and background will be more than helpful in this case. I can see it moving forward again from the public point of view.

I hope it is okay to have a different opinion sometimes regarding images. You are correct, only a consecutive sequence of frames can confirm anything seen. In the end we are all working this case with the same goal, justice for Missy!

Let's go back to work.

-Nin
Absolutely it’s okay. Mostly I’m looking at things on a phone or tablet, not a big monitor. If I don’t see something there then I’ll say I don’t, but that doesn’t mean I’m automatically right about it, certainly.

Absolutely it’s okay. Mostly I’m looking at things on a phone or tablet, not a big monitor. If I don’t see something there then I’ll say I don’t, but that doesn’t mean I’m automatically right about it, certainly.

I agree with the prior poster on the interview. That was an interesting watch. Great work on the floor plan and identifying the rooms. With the perp going room to room, and attempting to pry open a janitorial closet, I get the impression the perp was not familiar with the building.
If Missy was the target, why go room to room so methodically in advance? Going inside increased odds of being on a camera, triggering an alarm, etc. Why wouldn’t the perp confront her outside?
I wonder if there was something in the church the perp was seeking. It may not have been the offering funds, but something else kept there by a church leader or staff member.

Video being referenced:

just recalled the evil grandma who disguised herself as a man to kill her daughter in law ..and le were deceived for a good while

Just this second finished watching that show. It happened in Snellville GA. She shot her DIL in the forehead at point blank range in a Target parking lot. She wore a black wig and a mustache. Motive, he son was in a heated custody dispute and she wanted the 6 month old baby. She got 30 years to life, and still denies it was her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member