TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that he said in the very beginning that stuck with me was his long explanation as to why she wasn't targeted. He gave this long explanation about church AV equipment being the reason and then only as an afterthought did he very briefly mention Sunday collections. Ever since then I've wondered what - if anything - was done to the external cameras as well as what was done inside besides breaking windows. In the video that was released we don't see anything with AV equipment and this was before he handed over his receipts, so I don't see that he would have been privy to insider information as his comment seemed very much out of left field. In the other church burglary cases that have been posted here I don't recall seeing the perps trying to steal AV equipment but instead were after cash (Sunday collections or other cash piles) and the prior Creekside major theft wasn't over AV equipment, so I would like to know where that came from and if it ties to the activities to the perp in this case.

Hard to know, but that was very early on when he was rambling a lot in that long interview. I think he may have still just been trying to wrap his head around the whole thing, and perhaps an interrupted burglary (and a non-targeted murder) was easier emotionally to handle - perhaps concerning his remaining loved ones' immediate safety, too. (That they wouldn't be next.)

And I can only guess, but he may have rambled about stolen AV equipment because that was something he personally would instinctively worry about in a church theft. (I believe he worked with the music/sound equipment at their church.) In any case, I see that whole rambling interview as an initial mental 'disconnect' but not necessarily anything more sinister.

Hi Jackeee I have been pondering exactly this. There should be some expectation of privacy for a brutally murdered person. There are reasons for personal information to come out at a trial of course, but supplying the general public with her very personal circumstances should be downright illegal. How does that help the general public recognise a killers gait, or mannerisms.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This! I am wondering why this information was released. It seems other search warrants were sealed so why was the information about the affair (s) and LinkedIn information released? Does anybody think there has to be a strategy behind it?

Here is a quote from the Linked-in warrant:
"Additionally, law enforcement has identified another person of interest through evidencegathered and an interview was conducted. This person of interest confirmed that theyPage 6 of 7EVIDENTIARY SEARCH/SEIZURE WARRANTLinkedln Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the LinkedlnSocial Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death thatultimately turned flirtatious and familiar.An electronic forensic data extraction of the cell phones belonging to the decedent andthe identified person of interest confirms that the communications using Linkedlnoccurred. The content of the recovered communications appears intimate in nature.The extracted information also showed that these communications were deleted afterthe conversation ended and were only able to be partially recovered."

To me the bolded areas does imply she had an affair with this person. I believe it was stated this person was CW in this or another warrant. Also many think there could have been an affair with AT, this would lead me to her having affairs.

JMO

To me it implies something along the lines of sexting. I've also never seen anything to lead me to believe she was having any sort of inappropriate relationship with AT.

I think the actual person/s have yet to be named. Jmo

OK. I'm with you in part. Let me start by saying that I hope what I tell you will not say what I assume it will say about me, and without going into my background, I would ask that you take it more as a scientific approach to what is possible than a t estimate to my character . If I were the perp, I could kill her or a man twice her size and in as good of shape. The suspect knew that she was coming and waited. One to the head, two to the chest. Typical of an as assassination. The question of a gun shot has puzzled me as it is not necessary nor indicative of a hit. Some people have seen too many movies and in fact many actual hit men have opted for something other than a gun because of bull is tic evidence. None the less, the equation is standard. 1 head 2 chest = sure kill.. As for the agility of the suspect, they seem to move around just fine. If anything IMO the suspect was not trying to over exsert themselves. There is nothing wrong with its foot. Go to lowes, slide on some knee pads, walk around. Then look at your feet.
! Thumbs up. We have no definition of "multiple puncture wounds to head and chest" other than it must mean more than 1. JMO I suspected more, and your input is interesting. I certainly agree that one undefended stunning blow to the head with that hammer is all but the end.

Please DO NOT go to the booking website and start bringing people here who have been arrested. We will not be discussing anyone from there unless LE names them a POI/Suspect.

As of right now, there is NO POI/Suspect named.

Thanks!

That i agree with! My interpretation from LE was intimate relationships on both sides. But yes, you're right. However, we're turning speculation into assumed fact. These rumors ruin people's lives. I really get uncomfortable with names being mentioned which is why I dare not put my theory down. I couldn't live with myself if I upset someone I didn't know on sheer speculation. It's not right. Until we have fact or further statements from LE, it's a dangerous game to play. And even then, there's a trial coming. We trust;if Justice for Missy is realized. I have no qualms commenting on or chewing through the actions/statements we know people involved have done or said.

My apologies. You are quite right :)

Apology not necessary, the the manners are applauded! Agreed on the wild speculation that begot more wild speculation. All the facts thus far are documented. I would suggest for sake of making actual progress, that we refrain from making assumptions based on prior post. Not that all here do, but when some do, is like a run away train. 8 pages later the grounded in fact folks are finally back on track. I would say start back at the beginning, stick strictly to what we know, and deduce within reason what is plausible, not possible. Try to avoid speculating about what the family, immediate or otherwise says or doesn't say for that matter in the media. Remember media edits, and there job is to get your attention. At this point everything BB says is being scrutinized beyond reason and there has been absolutely nothing to bridge the gap between the crime and statements LE has bade about being close to verifying his alibi that gets us to pointing the finger at him.

Here is a quote from the Linked-in warrant:
"Additionally, law enforcement has identified another person of interest through evidencegathered and an interview was conducted. This person of interest confirmed that theyPage 6 of 7EVIDENTIARY SEARCH/SEIZURE WARRANTLinkedln Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the LinkedlnSocial Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death that ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar.An electronic forensic data extraction of the cell phones belonging to the decedent andthe identified person of interest confirms that the communications using Linkedlnoccurred. The content of the recovered communications appears intimate in nature.The extracted information also showed that these communications were deleted afterthe conversation ended and were only able to be partially recovered."

To me the bolded areas does imply she had an affair with this person. I believe it was stated this person was CW in this or another warrant. Also many think there could have been an affair with AT, this would lead me to her having affairs.

But it could also include him also. Multiple also can be more than 2 as we all know. Just seems a few are stating he was having an affair also stating it as fact.

JMO

Hi and thanks. Flirtatious and familiar is not exactly sexual, but rather than be pedantic, an external interest was clear. As for AJ, absolutely nothing gives me that impression other than they were in Austin together (with a CROWD of other people). It's wrong or premature, at the very least. Simply due to his name being on a SW? Does that imply, then, that Missy may have had a lesbian relationship with the women on the SW? Ludicrous. (Ditto financial woes.That gives us no right to tout this was a life insurance pay out unless and until we're more informed). It looks like a duck, but it's still in its shell, LOL :)

Missy was murdered in the most cold blooded brutal fashion. Nothing qualifies her life being brutally snatched by a psychopath. Nothing.

i used to work with an investigator who told me (on a couple of murder cases) "a bird in hand is better than a bird in the bush." he'd prefer to get at least one of the responsible parties than none of them.
i wouldn't. this is why for-hire or for-charity type murder cases take FOREVER to make. otherwise, you end up with an empty chair- and a defense attorney will ALWAYS point to the empty chair.
this may be what is going on here. just my two cents worth of nothing. ;)

This! I am wondering why this information was released. It seems other search warrants were sealed so why was the information about the affair (s) and LinkedIn information released? Does anybody think there has to be a strategy behind it?

This was my initial thought as well, especially after they then redacted his name. It seems highly unlikely that releasing the individual's name initially was "accidental" on the part of the police department. That would be a pretty strange misstep when many of the details of this case have been largely kept to themselves. I don't believe he is from the Midlothian area and likely not on anyone's radar locally if he and MB only communicated through LinkedIn, so I would imagine those who know him had zero clue that he even had any involvement with MB at all and perhaps his name was released to raise scrutiny? I know locals have been fairly adamant on this thread that AT/CT are suspicious, but to me the search warrant suggests CW was potentially having an actual affair with MB whether physically or emotionally - they were communicating in an intimate way. Whereas I don't really see any basis for suspecting AT and MB were having an affair other than some local members suggested it. Just my thoughts! It just seems like there had to be some reason they released his name and detailed the intimate nature of their communication, if they felt it to be relevant to the case

Hi and thanks. Flirtatious and familiar is not exactly sexual, but rather than be pedantic, an external interest was clear. As for AJ, absolutely nothing gives me that impression other than they were in Austin together (with a CROWD of other people). It's wrong or premature, at the very least. Simply due to his name being on a SW? Does that imply, then, that Missy may have had a lesbian relationship with the women on the SW? Ludicrous. (Ditto financial woes.That gives us no right to tout this was a life insurance pay out unless and until we're more informed). It looks like a duck, but it's still in its shell, LOL :)

Missy was murdered in the most cold blooded brutal fashion. Nothing qualifies her life being brutally snatched by a psychopath. Nothing.
even if it WAS an affair, that doesn't give that person a reason to kill her (in and of itself). it gives somebody else a reason to.

Apology not necessary, the the manners are applauded! Agreed on the wild speculation that begot more wild speculation. All the facts thus far are documented. I would suggest for sake of making actual progress, that we refrain from making assumptions based on prior post. Not that all here do, but when some do, is like a run away train. 8 pages later the grounded in fact folks are finally back on track. I would say start back at the beginning, stick strictly to what we know, and deduce within reason what is plausible, not possible. Try to avoid speculating about what the family, immediate or otherwise says or doesn't say for that matter in the media. Remember media edits, and there job is to get your attention. At this point everything BB says is being scrutinized beyond reason and there has been absolutely nothing to bridge the gap between the crime and statements LE has bade about being close to verifying his alibi that gets us to pointing the finger at him.
the only people who have told us that they didn't mind all the questions and LE focus is BB and RB.
so surely he doesn't mind. he says he's happy with the investigation.
right?

Who said other warrants had been sealed?

Agreed! :)
Thank you.

Who said other warrants had been sealed?
i have no proof and no knowledge that other warrants were sealed- but i guarantee you they are- from experience. if there aren't other ones (i can think of SEVERAL that are necessary and standard that haven't been released) i will eat my favorite pet. a beta fish. rosie won't notice.

We don't even know if CA and MB ever met in person. It is a long stretch from intimate and familiar conversation on LinkedIn to affair.

"According to one of the warrants, messages recovered from the phones owned by Brandon and Missy Bevers "indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers.'"

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

The warrant states "relationship(s)" and doesn't name BB or MB as either of those people involved in the relationship(s) in that particular sentence. It could be that one single person was involved in more than one relationship external to the marriage.

I want to stick to the actual facts and wording of what was in the actual search warrant and not media/outside interpretations regarding the intimate/personal relationships external to the marriage.

To me it implies something along the lines of sexting. I've also never seen anything to lead me to believe she was having any sort of inappropriate relationship with AT.

I think the actual person/s have yet to be named. Jmo

Agreed.

i have no proof and no knowledge that other warrants were sealed- but i guarantee you they are- from experience. if there aren't other ones (i can think of SEVERAL that are necessary and standard that haven't been released) i will eat my favorite pet. a beta fish. rosie won't notice.

Very plausible if the information were to include people not related to the case or patten information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader