TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small theory that makes sense to me, so I'll share:

I think that the person who sent the linkedin message is responsible. I think the timeframe in which the creepy message was received and the killing took place is too close to be coincidence.
I don't believe that the killer and MB are FB friends, which would explain why the linkedin message was from "someone she didn't know."

The killer is probably single, and a collector of weapons and/or tactical gear, and it was probably purchased online.
When think about the type of person that is still awake at 4 am (I don't think he got up early), able to leave home without being noticed absent at that hour (or stay out until that time), I get the picture of a loner.

I think this person is a social outcast, and a recluse, and lives nearby.
I bet there is an FB profile for the perpetrator within 2 degrees of separation from MB.

JMO, of course... I'm just not seeing this as some sort of love-triangle vendetta...

JMHO Wanted to chime in for my second ever Websleuths post after joining just to comment on this case.

I feel like the announcement about the Nissan has taken all the focus off the law enforcement vehicles that were seen by locals near some abandoned houses off the hwy. That seemed like a worthy clue. Midlothian Police said it was not them. So I wonder what LE agency had all those vehicles over there and why. I'm referring to some posts here from locals in the area who said they saw this last week.

ALSO I'm starting to feel like we aren't going to catch SwatPerp! I've seen on shows like 48 hours where as time goes by the chances for an arrest decrease considerably.

I live in Texas and the Texas Rangers (not the terrible baseball team) are so badass. They are extremely tight lipped and not to mention dreamy �� They have no jurisdiction restraints as special forces and if you skip town they will find you, fast.
I think it's possible they have a qualified theory and POI but I can't see them leaving this fruitcake in the general public even they were even close. The whole theory about telling us about the car as a red herring sits heavy in my chest and feels wrong. In Texas you can only be held 72 hours without a felony charge being filed, then you can just walk out. I hope they won't jump until those dang ducks are single file walking in a row. Can you imagine being this person, this swatperp. I bought some edible adult treats in a trip to California and hid them in a cookie bag. I swear every time I saw a cop car or one I THOUGHT was my hiney puckered up. I was so paranoid and nervous. I just can't imagine the feeling of impending doom this creep has right now.

I think that the person who sent the linkedin message is responsible. I think the timeframe in which the creepy message was received and the killing took place is too close to be coincidence.
I don't believe that the killer and MB are FB friends, which would explain why the linkedin message was from "someone she didn't know."

The killer is probably single, and a collector of weapons and/or tactical gear, and it was probably purchased online.
When think about the type of person that is still awake at 4 am (I don't think he got up early), able to leave home without being noticed absent at that hour (or stay out until that time), I get the picture of a loner.

I bet there is an FB profile for the perpetrator within 2 degrees of separation from MB.

JMO, of course... I'm just not seeing this as some sort of love-triangle vendetta...

Everything that has been discussed regarding her FB timeline indicates to me that she was in a “vulnerable” state of mind and easily targeted as she appears to be very trusting. So to your theory, I would agree that she peaked someone’s interest that matches your description. IMO

I live in Texas and the Texas Rangers (not the terrible baseball team) are so badass. They are extremely tight lipped and not to mention dreamy �� They have no jurisdiction restraints as special forces and if you skip town they will find you, fast.
I think it's possible they have a qualified theory and POI but I can't see them leaving this fruitcake in the general public even they were even close. The whole theory about telling us about the car as a red herring sits heavy in my chest and feels wrong. In Texas you can only be held 72 hours without a felony charge being filed, then you can just walk out. I hope they won't jump until those dang ducks are single file walking in a row. Can you imagine being this person, this swatperp. I bought some edible adult treats in a trip to California and hid them in a cookie bag. I swear every time I saw a cop car or one I THOUGHT was my hiney puckered up. I was so paranoid and nervous. I just can't imagine the feeling of impending doom this creep has right now.

LOL the baseball team rocks too!!

You know what I found really creepy about this guy though? After Googling his name, I was directed to his record on a site called texaspredators.com. When I went there, guess what AdChoices decided to use for an ad on that page? A brand new Nissan Altima! LOL

This case is full of coincidences :rollercoaster:

IMHO

The perp being from LinkedIn seems plausible to me as well. Especially since they cannot trace the message or confirm its existence. I use LinkedIn as a regular networking tool as I am in sales. if you are not a connection the only way you can send what they call InMail to a stranger is if the non-friend is if for example Missy manually changed her personal settings to be wide open, void of the privacy features. However, you can pay for what they call LinkedIn Premium, which I do and I have 20 free InMail messages I can send ANYONE. Even a CEO of a company who has his account set to only receive messages from his connections. It's for head hunters and sneaky sales people like me.

Motive?

Is it a felony in TX to impersonate a LEO during the commission of a crime ? ( vandalism of church property being the crime in question ) ? Could LE there not detain for this ? tia .

Rejection.

Sometimes people like that get these wild ideas that they can make someone fall in love with them if they just reach out and try, even if they don't know them.
I think this guy is an internet stalker, and I do think it's a guy.

I think he knew where she was going to be, stayed up late, got drunk, roamed around his basement in his tactical gear, and grew the cojones to go stalk her CG class at the church.
Maybe encountering her in person while inside the church wasn't part of the plan, and maybe the murder itself was a spontaneous thing, done in a panic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't drive there at all, but instead walked through the woods to the church from his house wearing the gear so he knew he'd be safe doing so.

**EDIT: the train tracks that run behind the church go quite a distance adjacent to and through the woods.. it would be a very feasible means of approaching the church wearing tactical gear and remain unseen..

***EDIT AGAIN: nevermind about the train tracks, I was looking at the wrong church, but there are still plenty of ways to get there unseen and on foot..

One of my theories. I can also see the possibility of a love vendetta or a failed business revenge as well. But a loner can come and go as they please without anyone in the home being concerned about when they or what they are wearing.

Just a reminder that Texas Rangers and FBI are also involved. From what I've seen in the past, they are extremely tight lipped when on a case.

I'd be willing to bet they have POI and car owner but building their case and we won't know until an arrest is made. They also get in no hurry because they want to seal the deal without wiggle room.

Also with the shirt that is still in evidence, if they're still testing it as they say they are, it's not to find out whether it has human or dog blood on it, but instead whose human blood is on it. Determining what type of blood there is (human, dog, cow, etc.) is a field test that can be done in minutes by looking for antigens, not something that takes weeks in a lab, which may be why they only took one shirt out of the two that had blood on them as they probably tested them both in the field and saw that one gave field results for containing human blood.

Um, you know the wedding venue place directly across the highway from Creekside Church? Look who give that as their address!:

http://www.sorarchive.com/offender/view/1164373

I'm not quite sure on WS rules for posting sex offenders. If I need to find a more appropriate link, let me know.

This is very concerning!

TY, this is very interesting. jmo I'm sure you passed this on via the tipline,right ? even if this person moved, the fact that they had that house listed as an address is important. jmo

It could have been someone who knew about the security cameras, maybe a member, and wore the disguise bc they would have been easily recognized by the parishioners.

Rejection.

Sometimes people like that get these wild ideas that they can make someone fall in love with them if they just reach out and try, even if they don't know them.
I think this guy is an internet stalker, and I do think it's a guy.

I think he knew where she was going to be, stayed up late, got drunk, roamed around his basement in his tactical gear, and grew the cojones to go stalk her CG class at the church.
Maybe encountering her in person while inside the church wasn't part of the plan, and maybe the murder itself was a spontaneous thing, done in a panic.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't drive there at all, but instead walked through the woods to the church from his house wearing the gear so he knew he'd be safe doing so.

**EDIT: the train tracks that run behind the church go quite a distance adjacent to and through the woods.. it would be a very feasible means of approaching the church wearing tactical gear and remain unseen..

***EDIT AGAIN: nevermind about the train tracks, I was looking at the wrong church, but there are still plenty of ways to get there unseen and on foot..
I think if he'd walked through the woods in that rain, there'd be muddy footprints.

I have my own private theory about who did this, but of course I could still be wrong so I am open to new angles.

Today I thought about something that hasn't been considered before. I recently watched a show where a young woman talked about her ex-boyfriends having her beat up by their new girlfriends.

This could is a long shot, BUT - what if swatperp is a woman, and she's doing someone else's dirty work?

Missy Bevers got a creepy message on LinkedIn three days before she died from an "unknown male."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

What are the odds, if any, that her murder was planned by a couple and carried out by the woman? Just speculating, but a possibility worth considering, IMO.

Thank you for this post. It's an interesting theory, I just recently began to entertain.

Um, you know the wedding venue place directly across the highway from Creekside Church? Look who give that as their address!:

http://www.sorarchive.com/offender/view/1164373

I'm not quite sure on WS rules for posting sex offenders. If I need to find a more appropriate link, let me know.

This is very concerning!

Can someone clue me in to the significance of this person? Is there a connection? Or is it just some creepy person that lives close enough to have been able pull this off easily? TIA.

Yes all 3 are felonies, but they are not charges which would allow LE to convince a judge to hold swatperp without bail. So my thoughts are that if they do have a POI they wouldn't pick him up on these smaller offenses bc he would see a judge within 24 hours, be arraigned and then could post bail, skip town, off himself.... They want to grab him and immediately take the capital offense charges to a grand jury and then he can't wiggle away. IMO

Sorry I accidentally answered you in the wrong box :/ See below..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds