TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day that passes I am believing more and more that someone paid a professional to kill MB. By now I believe that people close to her have told LE all they know about her personal life. With no POI yet it isn't looking good for an arrest anytime soon. JMO

What if the Camp Gladiator person that notified BB wasn't at the scene but was watching to see when police showed up and then called BB. Actual killer. Just a thought.

Yes. This whole 911 debacle is bizarre. Why on earth would anyone call BB before calling 911? This could be cleared up with 911 disclosure. As it is, people like me are wondering if the same camper who called BB ,next called 911, while another camper called 911 around the same time. But if they were the two that reportedly found Missy it's reasonable to think that one of them told the other that they were calling 911. Maybe of the two, one called 911 and the other called BB.....and a third camper also made a 911 call. BB promptly called MT reportedly with news of Missy involved in an accident. Is this what the camper relayed to BB, or is it BB who relayed the news of an accident to MT, or was it MT who originated the accident info, when she called KS??????? Campers who found Missy in the condition she was in, would never have thought that this was a slip-and-fall. JMO

Agree. And after encountering that death scene, how composed would someone have to be in order to even speak? I've been wondering how these campers have phone numbers readily available for the Bevers family. Guess it depends on who found the body and made the calls.
i think I would be very concerned about safety after viewing her body........locked in my car waiting for responders or driving out that drive way a bit (not leaving) to put some distance between myself and the crime. Don't think I'd be making a lot of calls in those first minutes.
I'm with you.......I can't understand why anyone but LE would call the surviving spouse. Is it an issue of no boundaries or something else? Rhetorical question here!!

Agree. And after encountering that death scene, how composed would someone have to be in order to even speak? I've been wondering how these campers have phone numbers readily available for the Bevers family. Guess it depends on who found the body and made the calls.
i think I would be very concerned about safety after viewing her body........locked in my car waiting for responders or driving out that drive way a bit (not leaving) to put some distance between myself and the crime. Don't think I'd be making a lot of calls in those first minutes.
I'm with you.......I can't understand why anyone but LE would call the surviving spouse. Is it an issue of no boundaries or something else? Rhetorical question here!!

Could it be that the camp gladiator at the scene grabbed MB's phone & dialed the last number called (hit redial)?
We know from LE that MB's iPad was in her truck but I don't recall them saying her phone? Did she have more than one phone--one on her person & invariably then at the crime scene & one in her truck too?

I find it strange that a call would go to anyone other than 911 but maybe because I've spent too much time on WS? Lol!

Yes. This whole 911 debacle is bizarre. Why on earth would anyone call BB before calling 911? This could be cleared up with 911 disclosure. As it is, people like me are wondering if the same camper who called BB ,next called 911, while another camper called 911 around the same time. But if they were the two that reportedly found Missy it's reasonable to think that one of them told the other that they were calling 911. Maybe of the two, one called 911 and the other called BB.....and a third camper also made a 911 call. BB promptly called MT reportedly with news of Missy involved in an accident. Is this what the camper relayed to BB, or is it BB who relayed the news of an accident to MT, or was it MT who originated the accident info, when she called KS??????? Campers who found Missy in the condition she was in, would never have thought that this was a slip-and-fall. JMO

Perhaps Missy was lying face down and at that point whoever called BB and said it was an accident, did not realize it was not a slip and fall.

How would they have known at that point it was murder?

If they said she was murdered, maybe that would imply knowledge of the act?

Maybe they figured it was a car accident previously as maybe they couldn't figure out at that moment what must have happened?

Maybe they realized it was a murder, but they did not want to be the one to divulge that information to BB, as perhaps that info should come directly from

LE to BB and family?

IMOO.

It's odd that someone called as soon as they found her to me. It seems like the police would have wanted to be the ones to speak to him first to gauge his reaction in those first minutes.

Wow........do we know the first call was to family or are we speculating? I don't remember that. If the first call was to a family member and not 911, I find that very curious. I seem to recall there were 2 calls to 911 at some point - is that right? Regardless, don't think I'd want to be the person to notify a relative of a murder, but that's just me!

Seriously and others have posted about this (I have it through second party that Camper 1 is horrified and not involved). With that said this has bothered me from the start as well. Per BB in interview he is notified by a Camp Gladiator person. Who is this person? As like you Seriously I would not want to make that notification to husband. Per his Mom she is notified MB in car accident. Who notified her? She tells VS and then VS says she receives a call from another person telling her it wasn't a car accident. Who called her? Maybe this doesn't sound suspicious to others but it sure raises red flags on who the caller or callers are.
Thank you for this.
Raises a lot of red flags to me. Do we hear anything from LE that a member of the Bevers family called LE at any time immediately following this flurry of private notifications?

The campers first on the scene that called BB probably didnt first think omg shes been murdered, their first thought was to call BB and tell him Missy had an accident at the church.

It's odd that someone called as soon as they found her to me. It seems like the police would have wanted to be the ones to speak to him first to gauge his reaction in those first minutes.

Thing is, if that caller thought it was an accident, why would the caller think that LE needed to gauge BB's reaction?

IMOO.

Could it be that the camp gladiator at the scene grabbed MB's phone & dialed the last number called (hit redial)?
We know from LE that MB's iPad was in her truck but I don't recall them saying her phone? Did she have more than one phone--one on her person & invariably then at the crime scene & one in her truck too?

I find it strange that a call would go to anyone other than 911 but maybe because I've spent too much time on WS? Lol!

I think that the camper knew BB and had his #..........which isn't all that suspicious, but I think it was rather poor judgment to do that. It really is up to authorities to notify, which they reportedly did (call BB) shortly after they determined that she was deceased. JMO

Thing is, if that caller thought it was an accident, why would the caller think that LE needed to gauge BB's reaction?

IMOO.

Don't believe anything has been mentioned about gaging reactions until you brought it up. I've been thinking this is more about one's immediate responses upon finding a dead body in a dark, supposedly empty building.

I think that the camper knew BB and had his #..........which isn't all that suspicious, but I think it was rather poor judgment to do that. It really is up to authorities to notify, which they reportedly did (call BB) shortly after they determined that she was deceased. JMO

You know, I have to say that if I saw my good friend lying there, thinking it was an accident and I was good friends with her husband, then by all accounts from your post, I would perhaps have had poor judgment, too, in calling her husband. Perhaps I would have waited to call, but perhaps not. I can Totally see myself calling the husband, particularly if they were very good friends of mine, and not thinking it was murder. Your thinking may be correct that it is poor judgment. I am being honest about what I may or may not have done. I can see that I could have reacted either way…

IMOO.

Just a theory about why LE believes MB was targeted & it is not a burglary gone wrong:

Perhaps after review of the body & murder scene (plus consulting w/various add'l agencies), they've looked at **burglary statistics** and from the analysis know that the MB murder scene does not align with a burglary. Maybe statistical analysis shows an interrupted burglary usually consists of the victim (interceptor) being quickly & singularly incapacitated; sometimes momentarily and sometimes fatally? Maybe interrupted burglaries show that typically a single type of weapon is used & used very quickly to cause a fatal blow or to temporarily disengage the interceptor? Does interrupted burglary statistics show that the perp confronts & incapacitates the interceptor usually in one fell swoop & with one method of weaponry and exits very, very quickly?

So (& I hate to write this) lets just say hypothetically in this MB case, none of the above applies to the above interrupted burglary scene. We already know that SWATperp didn't take anything from the church but that doesn't address the main statistical analysis points. Here's what may: MB may have had **multiple** weapons used to cause her demise, there may have been overkill which is not a very quick way to incapacitate an interceptor, overkill may indicate a personal association with the victim showing a targeted crime, there may have been a "lure" (i.e. a tape recording of a baby crying planted in an isolated spot OR even SWATperp calling for help) which burglars do not do--they do not entice the interceptor to a location, and finally, what is the statistical analysis on burglars wearing quasi-Police gear with the words "Police" being prominently displayed?

I wonder if anyone here has reviewed statistical analysis on interrupted burglaries to compare the data with targeted crimes?

All above is simply theoretical conjecture. All moo.

I don't think that this was a burglary gone wrong either. In addition to the reasons you mentioned above, I think that the gruesome nature of her death (my assumption only) is indicative of a crime of passion.

Also, it's more than coincidence that MB was killed out of view of the cameras. If she happened to "bump" into a burglar, it is likely that this would have happened in an area of the church with cameras, but she didn't. She was targeted, either by a hit person or someone she knew, and the killer planned to kill her out of view of the cameras. The killer picked the spot for her murder well in advance of the actual act IMO.

Don't believe anything has been mentioned about gauging reactions until you brought it up. I've been thinking this is more about one's immediate responses upon finding a dead body in a dark, supposedly empty building.

I was replying to the Original Poster, curious1234, who did bring up gauging reactions. I was assuming the OP meant BB. If not, I apologize.

IMOO.

I was in a hardware store last night looking for an ax and I went down the aisle with hammers. So many. I just stood there wondering how someone could hit a person with an hammer. That would take a lot of rage.
In the same aisle I saw pry bars. Kind of one stop shopping for a perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if news agencies have FOIA requests in for the911 tapes? If the video has not served to generate viable tips, the 911 tapes may. The identity of the camper can be edited out.. JMO

In Texas, 911 calls are Open Records. Anyone in the public (not just media outlets) can make an open records request for the info, and there really are no restrictions on it.

I submitted a request myself late Friday to Robin West, who handles these requests for the MPD. Typically a response should come in 7 to 10 business days.

I was in a hardware store last night looking for an ax and I went down the aisle with hammers. So many. I just stood there wondering how someone could hit a person with an hammer. That would take a lot of rage.
In the same aisle I saw pry bars. Kind of one stop shopping for a perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. We were in several hardware stores yesterday afternoon, and I carefully looked at each hammer, thinking about Missy, and wanting Justice for her.

In Texas, 911 calls are Open Records. Anyone in the public (not just media outlets) can make an open records request for the info, and there really are no restrictions on it.

I submitted a request myself late Friday to Robin West, who handles these requests for the MPD. Typically a response should come in 7 to 10 business days.

Let us know, this should be interesting. I'm glad that you did that and I'm betting that there are LOTS of requests. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214