TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! And that screenshot of the Altima at the gun store had to have been one of many that those surveillance cameras picked up. But they only release 1 picture. They definitely have more. And if it was the gun store camera that picked up the car in the back of CC parking lot and Missy's arrival then it also picked up perp arrival and departure. No way perp arrived any other way than that driveway. Far too wet on the surrounding grass/dirt from heavy rains.

Plus they initially said they had no footage after the murder, then it came out that perp walked up hallway from they way they came in after the murder.

BBM.

100% agree. LE is purposefully hiding what information they have. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for them to do so.

I know that is what LE said, but I don't think that is actually the case. I don't think that LE wants to show its hand in the slightest, and they have significantly more information than has been released. Assuming this case makes it to trial, I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one external camera that worked that morning. I may be wrong, but based on the exact nature of the timeline, I think that that they do have decent external footage.

Certainly, LE has more information than they have released. LE will sometimes misdirect but rarely will they lie to the public (to individual suspects being interviewed - yes). They have to be careful to not lose the public's trust and create misinformation that can be used by the defense in a trial.

All I can say is that IF this case is solved & an arrest is made anytime soon it will happen this week-end. Reason: I am going out of town tomorrow afternoon & won't be able to continuously keep an eagle eye on the developing threads. Maybe my absence is what this case needs for an arrest to happen. Sure hope so!!

The way SP appeared caught off guard when she opened the Dutch doors leads me to believe she was not familiar with the insides of this church. Either that, or s/he forgot that this particular door is Dutch style.
btw, I think its a she, its personal, and possibly involves a perceived love interest, possibly SP had a unrequited crush on MB.

Trying to bring this over - I hope it works!
Excellent post! Right down to the garbage bag box. I asked my hubs again a few days back to watch the SP video again...he said he thought it was a gbg bag box
as opposed to any tool or even a saran wrap box. I had to ask him about that too cause it was speculated here but his first response was a gbg bag box.

Also, IF SP was a previous camper maybe he/she had been there at the church before and had a chance to "get lost" and look in a few rooms (kitchen) to see
if there were cameras in them. Apparently, with the amount of gear he/she wore, it was known that there were cameras in the main hallways...but if SP knew
there were no cameras in kitchen then it would make sense to enter and exit from that room. A place to change in and out of disguise...
Again, ALL speculation ...random thoughts...JOM

Yes. Are you considering taking off the uniform and gear as "cleaning up"? Or do you want to add a line for stopping to rinse blood off gloves?

Excellent post! Right down to the garbage bag box. I asked my hubs again a few days back to watch the SP video again...he said he thought it was a gbg bag box
as opposed to any tool or even a saran wrap box. I had to ask him about that too cause it was speculated here but his first response was a gbg bag box.

Also, IF SP was a previous camper maybe he/she had been there at the church before and had a chance to "get lost" and look in a few rooms (kitchen) to see
if there were cameras in them. Apparently, with the amount of gear he/she wore, it was known that there were cameras in the main hallways...but if SP knew
there were no cameras in kitchen then it would make sense to enter and exit from that room. A place to change in and out of disguise...

Okay, for some reason I can't get your picture to copy or quote, but this comment is in reference to the image of the church with the circles and squares denoting where there was exterior damage. I think the church layout was discussed a ton before I joined, so this is probably all rehashed discussion for most. For me, looking now I would say that is another item strongly in favor of the argument she was targeted by someone who was very familiar with her routine - not only times, but parking, entering, etc. She uses (and has visibility to) 2 sides of the building and there is exterior damage on the other 2. No damage on the 2 she would be able to see. I would have to guess they wanted to make sure she didn't notice any signs of a robbery while still walking up, driving past, parking, etc. Too much risk she would see that, panic and flee. She was able to follow her standard routine, even to the point of entering and turning down the hall and walking right to where the perp was waiting, out of camera range. Either they already knew her exact arrival times and path or they are some random person who hit on the biggest string of coincidences ever.

40TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT

The 40th Judicial District Court presides over criminal cases involving felonies or official misconduct; grand jury organization and supervision; civil cases in matters of controversy involving more than $100,000 or the title to land; juvenile cases involving determinate sentencing or certification for trial as an adult and other miscellaneous cases in which this court shares jurisdiction with other Ellis County courts.

Contact Information:

Bob Carroll
District Judge
http://elliscountybar.org/40th-judicial-district-court-of-ellis-county-texas/

Sec. 24.142. 40TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT (ELLIS COUNTY). (a) The 40th Judicial District is composed of Ellis County.
(b) The terms of the 40th District Court begin on the first Mondays in March, June, September, and December.

Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 480, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1985.
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.24.htm

§ 24.012. TERMS AND SESSIONS OF COURT. (a) Each district
and criminal district court holds at least two terms of court each
year in each county in the district.
(b) Except as otherwise provided by this chapter, the terms
of each district, family district, and criminal district court are
continuous. Each term begins on a day fixed by law and continues
until the day fixed by law for the beginning of the next succeeding
term.
(c) The commencement of a term of court is not affected by
the fact that the first day of the term falls on a legal holiday or
the judge is absent from the county on the first day of the term.
(d) A district judge may hold as many sessions of court in a
county as he considers proper and expedient for the dispatch of
business and may adopt rules for that purpose as authorized by the
statutes of this state and the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
(e) A district judge may hear a nonjury matter relating to a
civil or criminal case at a correctional facility in the county in
which the case is filed or prosecuted if a party to the case or the
criminal defendant is confined in the correctional facility. For
purposes of this subsection, "correctional facility" has the
meaning assigned by Section 1.07, Penal Code.

Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 480, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1985. Amended
by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1494, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2001. http://law.justia.com/codes/texas/2005/gv/002.00.000024.00.html

I know that is what LE said, but I don't think that is actually the case. I don't think that LE wants to show its hand in the slightest, and they have significantly more information than has been released. Assuming this case makes it to trial, I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one external camera that worked that morning. I may be wrong, but based on the exact nature of the timeline, I think that that they do have decent external footage.

Mostly agree - can't go with "decent" - more like some external footage. :fence:

Kami quote: Excellent post! Right down to the garbage bag box. I asked my hubs again a few days back to watch the SP video again...he said he thought it was a gbg bag box

I never gave that a thought.. quite possible. IMO

That seems odd to me. I don't think SP came there to murder planning to use church trash bags to stash the uniform and gear instead of bringing their own. I teach Sunday school and plan to use plastic cups but get there and find they were used for an event I was not aware of. Perhaps they did not plan to get blood on themselves and this shot with the bags occurred afterward the murder. I have seen it speculated by WS before.

Certainly, LE has more information than they have released. LE will sometimes misdirect but rarely will they lie to the public (to individual suspects being interviewed - yes). They have to be careful to not lose the public's trust and create misinformation that can be used by the defense in a trial.

I hear you. In this case, it seems that multiple messages to the perp that have been released (BB and MB are at the top of the list). I don't discount the idea that the pressers are talking more to the perp than the general public. They want to keep this perp on her/his toes while they are working behind the scenes.

Two quick examples:
1. LE said that none of the external cameras were working, but yet video surveillance captured MB arriving at 4:16.
2. They said that there is no video after MB was killed yet they know how the killer left.

The two statements above seem inherently contradictory. Something isn't adding up. Based on the limited information that has been released, my personal opinion is that LE is more interested in addressing the perp (to gauge her reaction, watch for any change in movements, capture a slip-up, etc.) than in being 100% truthful. I don't even have a problem with that.

I am fully prepared to eat crow, but LE's information release is just as calculated as MB's killer. Rest in peace, Missy.

Kami quote: Excellent post! Right down to the garbage bag box. I asked my hubs again a few days back to watch the SP video again...he said he thought it was a gbg bag box

The only prob. with prev. Camper theory is the fact that they would know some campers would show up early. Apparently that was pretty common. That's the only prob. I see with that. Unless perps prev class no one did that.

Okay, for some reason I can't get your picture to copy or quote, but this comment is in reference to the image of the church with the circles and squares denoting where there was exterior damage. I think the church layout was discussed a ton before I joined, so this is probably all rehashed discussion for most. For me, looking now I would say that is another item strongly in favor of the argument she was targeted by someone who was very familiar with her routine - not only times, but parking, entering, etc. She uses (and has visibility to) 2 sides of the building and there is exterior damage on the other 2. No damage on the 2 she would be able to see. I would have to guess they wanted to make sure she didn't notice any signs of a robbery while still walking up, driving past, parking, etc. Too much risk she would see that, panic and flee. She was able to follow her standard routine, even to the point of entering and turning down the hall and walking right to where the perp was waiting, out of camera range. Either they already knew her exact arrival times and path or they are some random person who hit on the biggest string of coincidences ever.

I was thinking about this too and so I went in search of pictures of the direction that MB's truck was parked. So, what's causing me some confusion is that MB parked the direction facing toward the highway vs. facing toward the back of the church as if she would have driven behind the building. However, the back of the church is where some of the damage had occurred. If she drove by the front entrance, she would have had to put her truck in reverse to be parked the direction that she was. Sorry if you guys already talked about this.

I don't lean toward thinking it was an interrupted robbery but if it were they would also most likely break in the same location.

That seems odd to me. I don't think SP came there to murder planning to use church trash bags to stash the uniform and gear instead of bringing their own. I teach Sunday school and plan to use plastic cups but get there and find they were used for an event I was not aware of. Perhaps they did not plan to get blood on themselves and this shot with the bags occurred afterward the murder. I have seen it speculated by WS before.

Perhaps (speculation) the garbage bag idea was an afterthought.

Besides, that "item" might not be garbage bags at all.

I wonder if Police looked at surveillance camera video, for other days,
except for, just this one.
???

By the way, did anyone else have a "key" to the church?

(For example: Who did the cleaning at the church. Did they do their own cleaning, or did they have a "janitor" come in and do it.)

Exactly! And that screenshot of the Altima at the gun store had to have been one of many that those surveillance cameras picked up. But they only release 1 picture. They definitely have more. And if it was the gun store camera that picked up the car in the back of CC parking lot and Missy's arrival then it also picked up perp arrival and departure. No way perp arrived any other way than that driveway. Far too wet on the surrounding grass/dirt from heavy rains.

Plus they initially said they had no footage after the murder, then it came out that perp walked up hallway from they way they came in after the murder.

Respectfully BBM. This is incorrect. April 18 Press Conf is when Captain Spann spoke of the Suspect walking

Female Reporter:And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann:Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

iPhone & iPad issued 5:56 pm April 19, executed April 20, filed May 3 (says in the Probable Cause Affidavit *summary of know information not a narrative of known facts * "Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video."

Hey Everyone,

My guest on True Crime Radio tonight is Peter Shulte former cop, prosecutor, and now defense attorney will be my guest. Mr. Shulte has been on all the network shows as an expert in the Bevers case. Also joining us is reporter and author Dawna Kaufmann to discuss more true crime.

The show is pre-recorded and will be available tonight by 10:30 PM Eastern at http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

The only prob. with prev. Camper theory is the fact that they would know some campers would show up early. Apparently that was pretty common. That's the only prob. I see with that. Unless perps prev class no one did that.

True.. (I think..)

I was thinking about this too and so I went in search of pictures of the direction that MB's truck was parked. So, what's causing me some confusion is that MB parked the direction facing toward the highway vs. facing toward the back of the church as if she would have driven behind the building. However, the back of the church is where some of the damage had occurred. If she drove by the front entrance, she would have had to put her truck in reverse to be parked the direction that she was. Sorry if you guys already talked about this.

Maybe not. If she made a wide U turn to head back into the porte cochere, in the dark while it was pouring rain and not really observant of the parking lot, she could have easily missed a car parked around the back of the building, especially if the car was parked away from a light. Can't remember - were there lights in that back parking lot?

Respectfully BBM. This is incorrect. April 18 Press Conf is when Captain Spann spoke of the Suspect walking

Female Reporter:And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann:Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

iPhone & iPad issued 5:56 pm April 19, executed April 20, filed May 3 (says in the Probable Cause Affidavit *summary of know information not a narrative of known facts * "Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video."

I appreciate all that you have contributed but this still confuses me. These statements appear contradictory to me. If the suspect went out through the kitchen, wouldn't he/she be on video after the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member