TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed quite a few of the locals who posted here early on haven't chipped in for a while. Breck / Curious / Kels / Option - what's the word on the street?

I think that the only one who has hung in here and is seriously sleuthing is Glammie. Others have just repeated rumors and even (some) have gone so far as to chastise us for not having more information, when they have dropped in. Glammie wins the prize, for a serious sleuther, in my book, and if she tells us something that she has learned, she is VERY cautious. Thanks, GLAM. This can't be easy for you and I hope that you stick around for other cases. JMO

I appreciate all that you have contributed but this still confuses me. These statements appear contradictory to me. If the suspect went out through the kitchen, wouldn't he/she be on video after the murder?

Thank you. JMHO yes and again JMHO was. I form my opinion on this by the carefully chosen words of Captain Spann in the April 18 Presser

The garbage bag theory was just that, a theory. When I played with the same photo - it was so distorted, I couldn't make out what it was, (it had spikes on it.) We'll look forward to seeing your final pic. Someone had suggested that it might be part of a push handle on one of the back doors..? To me, it looks like part of a trophy - but where would that come from?

This is the one spot where I think actually watching the video vs looking at a still shot is helpful. I kept seeing hooks, spikes and curves in all the pictures I saw. When I watched the video, I see none of that. If you start around the 1:55 mark on the MPD version of the video you get a few seconds of seeing the item.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Can we sleuth other people on her Facebook there's a few I'm curious about

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed quite a few of the locals who posted here early on haven't chipped in for a while. Breck / Curious / Kels / Option - what's the word on the street?

I'm still around, mostly just reading unless I have something valuable to add to the conversation. I chimed in a little bit last night on the topic of LE being at AT's class yesterday morning.

Otherwise, I'm not hearing much new at all. In fact, it seems like some locals are regurgitating the rumors about CT/AJ. I don't know if it's a new push to point the finger at them or if it is that they are just now gaining interest in the case and reading things from a few weeks ago.

Can we sleuth other people on her Facebook there's a few I'm curious about

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you keep it to yourself and don't bring it here.

I've watched CCV-update video til I'm nearly blind, but maybe someone can help me with something I'm not grasping. If the cameras are motion cameras, within the church, then why, are we seeing an empty hallway being recorded from 1:49 to 1:52? Did another person walk past there and set them off before SP opened that door? If they are motion detected then the door opening should have started the camera. I also am curious about the placement of the LE insignias toward the end. Why put them there? Why not at the end, at blank space rather than over part of the assailant? Those things, and the seconds cut out, after the dutch doors, bug me. Maybe they're just not for us to know.

This is the one spot where I think actually watching the video vs looking at a still shot is helpful. I kept seeing hooks, spikes and curves in all the pictures I saw. When I watched the video, I see none of that. If you start around the 1:55 mark on the MPD version of the video you get a few seconds of seeing the item.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

At 1:57 it almost looks to me like SPs got hold of a handle on top of the item.

Just a random thought... But maybe the attack happened in the bathroom?

Perhaps.

ETA - If she was in the bathroom, the campers likely would not have found her right at 5 since someone would have actually needed to use the restroom to find her. I think that she was in an open space.

If the camera that activated was interior where MB parked, which camera picked up the car parked far away in the back lot? Also, I remember reading that after perp passed bulletin board and weakly attempted to open the nearby door, they looked directly at the camera, walked towards camera with head turned and I believe the camera went black at that point. Maybe because no more movement or perp disabled which would account for not seeing the murder or seeing Missy on camera again after she entered. Just a thought. And when they said perp walked back up the hallway after the crime and presumably left the same way they came in, perp may have walked up the hallway that does not pass the front where Missy came in to avoid being seen if someone were at that door. Which means that perhaps the video of perp touching the wall could be after the murder. I have felt that it was but also thought perp would have walked straight back up tiled hallway the way they came in.

BBM

That's a great point about the parked car in the distance being picked up.

I have thought that the cameras may have been disabled. However, I don't think that SP would have had enough time to allow the camera in the SW corner to pick up MB's car arriving, disable the camera, and assume a position to ambush MB. If one assumes that the camera that caught MB's car is the same one that would have caught the actual murder, SP would have had a lot to do in just 4 minutes.

I just think that some of the information that we have is contradictory... or incomplete.

I've watched CCV-update video til I'm nearly blind, but maybe someone can help me with something I'm not grasping. If the cameras are motion cameras, within the church, then why, are we seeing an empty hallway being recorded from 1:49 to 1:52? Did another person walk past there and set them off before SP opened that door? If they are motion detected then the door opening should have started the camera. I also am curious about the placement of the LE insignias toward the end. Why put them there? Why not at the end, at blank space rather than over part of the assailant? Those things, and the seconds cut out, after the dutch doors, bug me. Maybe they're just not for us to know.

Hi rsd. I can't speak definitively for these specific cameras, but on most surveillance systems this is a custom setting. You tell your system how many seconds you want to record once no more motion is detected. So, once they see motion, they kick in (likely missing a sec or two), record while motion continues, then stop the # of sec you specified after motion quits. With the potential lag at the beginning as well as the blank space at the end, it can cause for some choppy portions of video or potentially missing some video if the motion was very quick (under 1-2 sec).

The guy looks way too large to be SP, but perhaps his wife/business partner could be checked out? JMO

(I just don't know what/who we are allowed to sleuth here? I sure wouldn't want to give problems to any innocent people)

That company has a FB and I read Missy's post about herself, there. Nothing suspicious, just REALLY loved the patch product. JMO

That company has a FB and I read Missy's post about herself, there. Nothing suspicious, just REALLY loved the patch product. JMO

They make those patches sound REALLY, really, really good! I mean you can jump higher, run faster, and leap taller buildings....

I'm still around, mostly just reading unless I have something valuable to add to the conversation. I chimed in a little bit last night on the topic of LE being at AT's class yesterday morning.

Otherwise, I'm not hearing much new at all. In fact, it seems like some locals are regurgitating the rumors about CT/AJ. I don't know if it's a new push to point the finger at them or if it is that they are just now gaining interest in the case and reading things from a few weeks ago.

☝️agreed!

jMo

Sent from my iPhone

They make those patches sound REALLY, really, really good! I mean you can jump higher, run faster, and leap taller buildings....

I wonder if we can get hold of a job lot?! But then the thread might go even faster so perhaps not....

If the camera that activated was interior where MB parked, which camera picked up the car parked far away in the back lot? Also, I remember reading that after perp passed bulletin board and weakly attempted to open the nearby door, they looked directly at the camera, walked towards camera with head turned and I believe the camera went black at that point. Maybe because no more movement or perp disabled which would account for not seeing the murder or seeing Missy on camera again after she entered. Just a thought. And when they said perp walked back up the hallway after the crime and presumably left the same way they came in, perp may have walked up the hallway that does not pass the front where Missy came in to avoid being seen if someone were at that door. Which means that perhaps the video of perp touching the wall could be after the murder. I have felt that it was but also thought perp would have walked straight back up tiled hallway the way they came in.

JMHO, snip from my prev post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-25&p=12610212#post12610212 with links to ea Press Conf reference and SW to location / Camera

Snip
IF MB was walking down the Main hallway, JMHO, the same camera that caught the Suspect also is the one that caught MB. JMHO it appears the Cameras are at the doors and possibly at ea end of hallways. I just don't see them having a camera pointing toward the doors leading out to where MB truck was parked in addition to the one that captures the Dutch door hallway and the one over the doors that caught the Suspect coming from the NW side of building towards the covered awning doors.

:thinking: was in field of view, the camera just didn't pick up her motion and cut off? So there wasn't another camera in the area she was to pick up the motion. But where the Suspect Location there was ...

JMHO Wherever MB was located is between Door that Suspect opened and the area by Come As You Are area...Again there is a small hallway just prior to the Door the Suspect opened. We don't know if the Suspect came back and closed that door (doubtful but we don't know) anywhere in that area is my guess where MB was located. Possibly in that room or hall. There is also a glass top table between little hallway and the Door Suspect opened.

**this is what Captain Spann said in the April 18 Press Conf..
MPD 227 Video MB.JPG

Hi rsd. I can't speak definitively for these specific cameras, but on most surveillance systems this is a custom setting. You tell your system how many seconds you want to record once no more motion is detected. So, once they see motion, they kick in (likely missing a sec or two), record while motion continues, then stop the # of sec you specified after motion quits. With the potential lag at the beginning as well as the blank space at the end, it can cause for some choppy portions of video or potentially missing some video if the motion was very quick (under 1-2 sec).

But, the part that is curious, is from 1:49 to 1:52 before SP ever comes out of the door, or the door ever moves. The camera is taping a blank hall. No movement. Unless SP walked down that hall and into that room, the door closed, and the camera was still activated when SP came back out of the door, and LE cut that part out for some reason. We don't have the entire tape, I'm almost sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3