TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In honor of MB, her family requested that Camp Gladiator make a donation in Missy's name to:

http://campfirecreek.org/support-campfire/donate-now

another facet of her life, perhaps? Or theirs?

this info comes from: FB Camp Gladiator page. Since I don't think I can post a FB link here..search for Camp Gladiator, Missy Bevers in FB

Garcia's comment has often been twisted around. First, many think he said that he had not seen MB at all in the past few weeks. He obviously DID see her at some point, in order to say that she seemed reserved when he saw her.

If she wasn't there as much over a two week period, one look at her FB might help to explain why. There was some kind of a trade show of some kind that she attended (not the CG Austin trip, but a separate event). Her daughter played in multiple golf tournaments. One she missed for Austin, but she went to a second one IIRC. MB was a busy person.

And who knows what "seemed more reserved" means? We all know that eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable. I don't put much stock in Garcia's comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all of this. She was likely busy getting ready for her CG conference, then subsequently in Austin during that time. One of NG's reporters stated that gym members said she had been more reserved recently, then stopped attending in the days before her murder. Somehow NG managed to morph that bit of info into "She had been acting very reserved for weeks then suddenly stopped attending! Was she afraid of someone or something?" She was away on a conference, then she was dead. Of course she no longer attended the gym. But as far as I know, no one said she "quit" the gym, and I haven't heard any actual timeframe of how long it was before her death that she hadn't attended.

Garcia's comment has often been twisted around. First, many think he said that he had not seen MB at all in the past few weeks. He obviously DID see her at some point, in order to say that she seemed reserved when he saw her.

If she wasn't there as much over a two week period, one look at her FB might help to explain why. There was some kind of a trade show of some kind that she attended (not the CG Austin trip, but a separate event). Her daughter played in multiple golf tournaments. One she missed for Austin, but she went to a second one IIRC. MB was a busy person.

And who knows what "seemed more reserved" means? We all know that eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable. I don't put much stock in Garcia's comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have been typing while you were posting.

image.jpg

I believe this is the image that is causing some confusion. IMO, the camera is already on because the perpetrator had just been in the hallway and the camera had not gone to sleep yet. Another open door can be seen further up the hall on the left.

One issue I'm having with Room 12 being on the backside of the auditorium is that, if it were, then there should be multiple doors to classrooms on the opposite wall. It doesn't appear that there are. There is obviously one just out of camera view as we see the suspect breaking the window out of it to reach through and open the door. It also looks like there may be the reflection of a door on the floor further up and to the right. The spacing leads me to believe there may be more doors on the left than the right. In that case, I wonder if Room 12 is on the east side, maybe across the hall from Room 10 and this camera is located in th NE corner looking down the east corridor. So the wall with fewer doors would be on the backside of the auditorium.

View attachment 97505

So you mean at 1:49-1:52 ? This is the same part where the camera is already ON (had already captured movement before the door opens)? Then the SP is across the hallway with the mystery saran wrap box/tool/etc. in their left hand while smashing with their right hand? JMO but what I notice is that the camera itself is practically right above the door that opens, and high above but very close to SPas he smashes (so close it cuts off view of his head) - so I don't think it is the kitchen door. MOO this camera is located in the corner either SE or NE and is viewing the Eastside hallway.
It is the first sequence you see.
It appears to be the NE camera catching this.
He comes out of a doorway and
turns left, away from the camera.
And as he walks away, he has his right hand along the wall. It doesn't appear there is anything in his hands at the time.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Here's my impression of the layout of the church building. Obviously it's not to scale and there are surely some inaccuracies since it's done purely from photos, videos, and speculation. The two areas circled in purple ink are very uncertain. I arrived at the conclusion that there are hallways or alcoves there on the assumption that the following screenshot is taken from the camera at the NE entrance looking down the north corridor. You can see the recessed area on the right hand side of the screenshot and even a glimpse of the wall corner in the lower right corner. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=97496&stc=1 The rooms behind the stage are guesswork. Arkansasmimi suggested that rooms 10 and 12 were back there because of difference in ceiling height. She maybe correct about that. Although the ceiling in the auditorium is much higher, IMO. There is a baptismal in the center backstage that I neglected to add. And there would be stairs to access it, possibly on both sides. There would also be dressing rooms and a place to keep waders (worn by person doing the baptizing).
Thanks, Scout! Another great floorplan. I was looking at the exterior walls on the corners of the CoC building and also the roof vents. All 4 corners are windowless on both exterior walls, and the NE roof has a "stack"(?) type vent like the SW has perhaps indicating bathrooms. Is it possible the building was constructed with bathrooms on all 4 corners? Here is a photo of the windowless NE corner and roof vent; you can barely see the SE corner. In other photos, that tree is not there, and the windowless walls are clearer (including NE and SE corners, although I do not see the roof stackpipes).

Attachments

• church ext rear facing SWFA.jpg
    church ext rear facing SWFA.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 37
In honor of MB, her family requested that Camp Gladiator make a donation in Missy's name to:

http://campfirecreek.org/support-campfire/donate-now

another facet of her life, perhaps? Or theirs?

this info comes from: FB Camp Gladiator page. Since I don't think I can post a FB link here..search for Camp Gladiator, Missy Bevers in FB

Although I would not claim that he is a Horse Whisperer, BBs brother, CT, is a Chiropractor who treats horses. He was one of the sponsors listed on Missy's Memorial Flyer that can be found at the Media Thread.

Thanks, Scout! Another great floorplan. I was looking at the exterior walls on the corners of the CoC building and also the roof vents. All 4 corners are windowless on both exterior walls, and the NE roof has a "stack"(?) type vent like the SW has perhaps indicating bathrooms. Is it possible the building was constructed with bathrooms on all 4 corners? Here is a photo of the windowless NE corner and roof vent; you can barely see the SE corner. In other photos, that tree is not there, and the windowless walls are clearer (including NE and SE corners, although I do not see the roof stackpipes).

Yes, I think it's likely. It's also possible the NE corner is a mechanical room for hvac, water heaters, breaker boxes, etc.

I noticed that one of the classrooms appears to have its own bathroom as well. I think this is likely the case in classrooms for young children.

image.jpeg

Sink visible through open door.

So you mean at 1:49-1:52 ? This is the same part where the camera is already ON (had already captured movement before the door opens)? Then the SP is across the hallway with the mystery saran wrap box/tool/etc. in their left hand while smashing with their right hand? JMO but what I notice is that the camera itself is practically right above the door that opens, and high above but very close to SPas he smashes (so close it cuts off view of his head) - so I don't think it is the kitchen door. MOO this camera is located in the corner either SE or NE and is viewing the Eastside hallway.
Sorry Sandy QLS No, it is not
the same. I thought I was answering someone else's question.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I would like to thank those posters who have been working on floor plan diagrams. Mine was built not only from my research and observations but also taking into account all of your work and discussion. Off the top of my head, I can recall Batbrat, SteveS, Nin, and arkansasmimi contributing. I'm sure I'm leaving out several. Don't hate me.

I think it would be very helpful if there were a separate thread dedicated to discussing the layout of the church and camera placement.

One aspect that's giving me trouble is the small corridor by the drive-up entrance. View attachment 97499 In the above photo, you can see the small corridor to the right of the entrance doors. However, it appears that the entrance has been modified since that picture was taken. At the time of Missy's murder, there is a vestibule that wasn't there in the previous photo, making the inner doors flush with the south corridor wall. This would have put that small corridor (on the right) opening into the vestibule rather than the main corridor, if I'm not mistaken.
I see you said disregard this post... The additional porte cochere doors that create a vestibule were built on the other side of that vertical beige wall part (deep in photo to the left, through the glass). The beige wall part was outside - now it is inside the vestibule. You can see it in the lower right of the photo NIN posted yesterday (which is clearer and brighter than the one I am uploading, but I got tired of looking for NIN's post). My question about this hallway is the righthand wall with the bulletin board. arkansasmimi and others say there is another small hallway that would run parallel to the both the main entrance lobby and also the SW bathroom hallway. I do not see this mid-wall hallway. It's on arkansasmimi's floorplan. SP exits a door on that wall, looks at the bulletin board, attacks the handle of the next door, in the MPD video.

Attachments

• church porte coch interiordoor vest.jpg
    church porte coch interiordoor vest.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 42
  • church floorplan 2.jpg
    church floorplan 2.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 44
I see you said disregard this post... The additional porte cochere doors that create a vestibule were built on the other side of that vertical beige wall part (deep in photo to the left, through the glass). The beige wall part was outside - now it is inside the vestibule. You can see it in the lower right of the photo NIN posted yesterday (which is clearer and brighter than the one I am uploading, but I got tired of looking for NIN's post). My question about this hallway is the righthand wall with the bulletin board. arkansasmimi and others say there is another small hallway that would run parallel to the both the main entrance lobby and also the SW bathroom hallway. I do not see this mid-wall hallway. It's on arkansasmimi's floorplan. SP exits a door on that wall, looks at the bulletin board, attacks the handle of the next door, in the MPD video.

The hallway you're referring to is a point of contention between me and arkansasmimi. I do not believe it exists. I see no evidence of such a hallway in the photo or the video.

View attachment 97499

https://youtu.be/ePS8TJ6UAqY

I agree with all of this. She was likely busy getting ready for her CG conference, then subsequently in Austin during that time. One of NG's reporters stated that gym members said she had been more reserved recently, then stopped attending in the days before her murder. Somehow NG managed to morph that bit of info into "She had been acting very reserved for weeks then suddenly stopped attending! Was she afraid of someone or something?" She was away on a conference, then she was dead. Of course she no longer attended the gym. But as far as I know, no one said she "quit" the gym, and I haven't heard any actual timeframe of how long it was before her death that she hadn't attended.

Thanks to you,Batbrat, MizKim and Cannonball for the information on Missy's schedule
As a fence sitter, this helps a lot
It has been one point that I had difficulty with

I agree. My thoughts exactly.
Can anyone direct me to this part of the video? I have searched YouTube, but can't find the part where SP is touching the wall. Was SP carrying anything? I've seen it a few times but just can't remember. TIA

Its at the very beginning of the Midlothian police dept 2 minute video of creekside perp. I've heard that it's on the north side at the kitchen area where door was breached.

five coatracks
four shards of glass
three saran wraps
two crockpots
and a big fat goose egg

Don't forget the gender of the [perp, could be a ballerina with a leg injury. ;)

View attachment 97506 I believe this is the image that is causing some confusion. IMO, the camera is already on because the perpetrator had just been in the hallway and the camera had not gone to sleep yet. Another open door can be seen further up the hall on the left.
Yes, the same thing happens in the Dutch door hallway. Come to think of it that way, also in the main hallway. The cameras must be set to stay on for XX seconds after movement ceases.

I can't believe that there still isn't any new info on this case.

Reading this thread is like reading threads 1 and 2 over and over and over again. It's like Groundhog's Day.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

We need something NEW! :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members