TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no report that states victim was walking towards truck. There is no mantion in any press release, or news report (including this one) of the victim walking towards the truck. It is clearly stated on several occasions where MB entered the building and that she walked towards where they believe the suspect to have been at the time.

I have read everything of relevance to MB's entrance that our awesome sleuthers have posted (SW, LE statements) and reviewed the images posted (thanks batbrat for the color coded awning image!). I have yet to see anything that makes this a closed case. Much like everything else in this case, I still see all popular theories as viable. After the last 20 pages or so on this topic, I am still firmly on the parked at PC, walked to main west side entrance, turned right, walked to SW corner, killed in SW corner, before getting the PC door unlocked. That being said, others have proposed scenarios that would work as well and fit the facts we do have. We can argue what LE meant by awning or main, but unless someone has other LE or SW comments not recently posted, both scenarios are possible. Ditto with the key speculation. We can say it is "likely" one key would have opened all outside doors but we really have no clue at this point. I have actually had the opposite experience with access to large buildings, but that gets me no where with knowing how this church was keyed.

I have an intuitive opinion. but not I'm not a psychic just open-minded.
Three people planned this targeted hit.
Two men, one woman.
Motive to eliminate Missy. Money. Custody. Ego. New love interest.
I'd go on but it's against of TOS at this point until LE announces an arrest. The key to solving this is through cell phone, computer data. Research was made on three computers, most likely destroyed by now.
LE overlooked a glaring obvious piece of evidence.
MOO

Just whisper it, please! :)

Question about doors... Specifically talking about that patio area that is adjacent to the large covered entrance. Do we know if the patio has a separate door?

I'm just wondering if, when LE used the word "main" together with "awning area" if they weren't talking about main church entrance but instead were differentiating the main covered entrance door from the patio door?

ETA: I see that NIN did the legwork on this as I was posting. And so I agree that their use of the word "main" wasn't about a regular entrance to the church as a whole: it's likely just to indicate that she didn't go in through the patio door.

I have no idea where she entered the building.
My only thought on this topic is, wouldn't she park near where she entered?
Why park at one entrance and walk to another entrance?

To answer my own question, the only reason I could see that happening is if she had a key for one entrance and wanted to unload at the entrance she parked at.
That would seem like a bit of a nightmare for custodians... different keys for different exterior doors

I would say "thank you" to you but I never have seen a net or a veil in the pics. Rather on the contrary I saw only flawless light complexion. I'm obviously missing something important.

I recall a police press conference and the reporter asked about something the SP was wearing underneath the helmet. It was explained SP might be wearing a "balaclava", I remember it so vividly because I didn't seem to know what one was.. Several of the men reporters knew. I Googled balaclava, and it seems straight forward. https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Indoor-outdoor-Bacalava-Color-Options/dp/B013JBJDRM

All keys to the exterior dorrs of this building would most likley be the same. Regardless, LE is clear when they say she came through the doors under the awning. They were not looking at an arial view of the building when they used the word awning. This is where her truck was parked. It is the only awning on the exterior of the building. What you are seeing in the arial is just the pitch of the roof over the main entrance. It has a slight overhang, but this is not an awning. Where she entered would be considered a main entrance, as many people are dropped there for service and then the person driving the car parks. Most likley there are several entry points during service. Although, they did not release the video of MB entering the church, Johnson makes referance to her specificaly entering through the doors where she parked her truck under the awning and that its in close proximity to where they believed the suspect was judging from what they put togeather from videos.
But they aren't clear in using the words "main entrance". I think that's what is confusing.

Only one has an awning. They did not make some big secret out of it. Several people here have just picked their words apart without doing a little research. It is no at all diffacult to ascertain that it has been clearly stated that she entered through the doors under the awning where she parked. This is what LE states. It is not a riddle. The only thing that may have caused it to be a question is that they used the term main enterance. It was not meant to be specific to the church's main enterance, or what has been specificaly labeled as the main enterance. I dont think that LE thought it was somthing that needed to be researched to make sure there was a consensus on where the actual main doors were. Its just the way they worded it.

Several entrances have overhanging roofs that could be loosely considered an "awning."
I'm not interested in going into another debate vs shards or shattered glass.

thank you. I would consider the Main Entrance to be the large entrance one on the West side not the SW one. But I can see someone seeing the SW as the Main Entrance as well.

I recall a police press conference and the reporter asked about something the SP was wearing underneath the helmet. It was explained SP might be wearing a "balaclava", I remember it so vividly because I didn't seem to know what one was.. Several of the men reporters knew. I Googled balaclava, and it seems straight forward. https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Indoor-outdoor-Bacalava-Color-Options/dp/B013JBJDRM

Well, a bacalava is nothing like a net or veil, which are very thin. A bacalava is like a toboggan with one big space cut out for eyes nose and mouth. It's different from a ski mask which has individual holes for eyes nose and mouth.

Normally used to keep the facial skin warm in cold weather, but also to conceal identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balaclava I know (because I always don't spell it right for the first) but I thought it was meant another "net" or something under the slit of the balaclava, something which veils the eye area. IF that is seen on some pic I haven't noticed.

But they aren't clear in using the words "main entrance". I think that's what is confusing.

I dont think they considered that people would be debating on it. On that note, Im bowing out of this conversation. No offence to anyone, but it is at least clear to me what LE said. They could see her park and enter through the doors under the awning. That they refered to it as the main entrance is of no relavance to what they intended. Johnson, clarified this in a live broadcast just days after the murder and articulated where she parked and referenced that she entered through those doors. Not different doors, but the doors under the awning where she parked. He did not use the words main entrance in the presser.

The pink area is not indoors. The entire pink and blue area (combined) is outside, though it's difficult to tell from an aerial photo. It's unlikely, in my opinion, that she was found outside, though she may have been. Based on LE statements and also footage taken after the crime, I think it's more likely she was found in an area north of the pink (outdoor patio) block, just inside the vestibule doors. From MB's FB posts to her CGers, my impression is that due to rain, camp was to be held in the patio under the pink awning. She parked under the blue covering to unload there.

Quoting my own post. This is a (very) rough 3/4 diagram of that area. I was unable to find any clear photos of how that looks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• patio.jpg
    patio.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 330
Didn't want to to be left out on sharing an opinion on the porte-cochère area. IMHO, the porte-cochère is where parents with toddlers and little ones are dropped off and some elderly members, too. It is difficult to tote a baby in a baby carrier while holding an umbrella in stormy weather conditions. . .
:twocents: :cow:

Edited by me for space.

The porte cochere would also be used for those in wheelchairs as well as for funeral services and weddings.

There is no awning at main doors. Its just a small over hang, not much more that the eve of the rest of the building. Im not sure why this is such a debate, as LE clearly states where the victim entered the building.

There is an awning over the front (main) entrance. It looks about 6-8ft deep. It's shallow, but it's there. Deeper than the eves.

attachment.php

Attachments

• awningmain.jpg
    awningmain.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 392
I have an intuitive opinion. but not I'm not a psychic just open-minded.
Three people planned this targeted hit.
Two men, one woman.
Motive to eliminate Missy. Money. Custody. Ego. New love interest.
I'd go on but it's against of TOS at this point until LE announces an arrest. The key to solving this is through cell phone, computer data. Research was made on three computers, most likely destroyed by now.
LE overlooked a glaring obvious piece of evidence.
MOO

I wondered the same. As far as I know, media/footage does not capture any retrieval of computer equipment or house searches during the investigation - if there even was a house search on anyone??
Seems like there would be a warrant for a brick/mortar search, just as they got warrants for phone/sm.

ETA - I wonder which 3 computers were researched?

Quoting my own post. This is a (very) rough 3/4 diagram of that area. I was unable to find any clear photos of how that looks.

attachment.php

This is great, Batbrat! So there are locked, exteriors doors on the blue\purple line, correct? Then the interior set of doors at the opposite edge of purple? The wheelchair we see in the video is in the purple area? Is the fence area around the pink tall or do you know if there is a gate? I am just wondering if campers (even on rain days) ever had to go inside to get to the pink work-out area or if they could just park and walk straight there without entering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221