TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said that LE was taking the weekend off.

Lol. This weekend isn't a holiday plus they are working with other government agencies. Lol.

Lol. But I understand why they said this. Jmo

While reading this post something new occured to me, I had thought early on maybe someone was framing BB for revenge etc, but what if the perp hated BOTH of them and used the chance to kill MB and frame BB killing 2 birds with one stone. I'm sure LE has looked into if anybody had a grudge against the Bevers. I have just been tunnel vision thinking someone mad at one or other, not BOTH. A possibility.

Good thinking. I think you could be onto something.

For some reason I was thinking the Feds were brought in same day as killing.

JMHO, my thoughts on the Feds being brought in was the "SWAT/Police suit" and all that goes with that thinking... church killings/terrorism goings on .. Now seeing locals state things being told from the beginning, just adds to possible reasons the ATF being there

April 21st, 2016
Feds join murder investigation of Missy Bevers, Texas fitness instructor

The murder of Missy Bevers, a popular fitness instructor and mom of three in Texas, is now being investigated by federal agents as well as local police. Surveillance video shows a suspect in police SWAT gear inside the church where the victim was killed. NBC’s Kerry Sanders reports for TODAY.
MORE VIDEO

Kerry Sanders says "the FBI are reviewing a mountain of new video they are trying to match with someone taken from at a gun store.. trying to match the suspect to security videos taken from a gun store less than a mile from here that sells guns and other tactical gear...Watching for someone with that kind of walk.. to see if visited store with face uncovered ..."

1) look at this store I think I see the surveillance camera that pointed in the direction of Creekside Church Missy bevers today 4 21 gunstore feds normal view .JPG

2) zoomed in as much as I can Missy bevers today 4 21 gunstore feds 4.jpg

3) Notice traffic. It wouldn't be that much at 330-435am that morning (I say 330.. dont know how long Suspect was at the Church prior to being first seen on camera at 350, and then the 435 is time 1st camper allegedly arrived)

So they knowing the veh MB driving and also the camper, they can look at traffic avail on the roadway . They evidently can see 1/2 mile away to get that MB turned in parking lot at that time. I not surprised at the range available to the camera..they have them in case someone steals/robs the GUN STORE they can get as much info as possible.

Missy bevers Today 4 21 gunstore feds article.JPG

http://www.today.com/video/feds-joi...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

Hi all, long time lurker on WS.

This case caught my attention as my husband's family are members of the Church of Christ (FiL is a retired minister). This first thing that I thought was a bit odd about this case (other than the many obvious things) was that apparently Missy did not attend church at Creekside CoC, but was holding the boot camp there. This might not seem strange to those who aren't well acquainted with the CoC, but it is a very insular denomination, and they do not generally associate with other 'flavors" of churches, or sponsor any type of "community" outreach efforts (an exception might be if the program is directed/managed by another CoC that "jives" with their particular views). In the 20 years I've known my in-laws, I've never known of a CoC that would allow someone who was not a member of the CoC to hold any type of program or use their facilities for anything not directly involving the church. I don't know if Creekside CoC is any different (from their website, it does seem a bit more modern than most), but it was just something that struck me as odd. Also, there was discussion a couple pages back about AV equipment being mentioned as a possible reason for the perp to break in - honestly, unless Creekside is a VERY modern CoC, they probably wouldn't get much, as the vast majority of CoCs worship a capella and wouldn't have much in the way of equipment to steal (Creekside does appear from their website to only have a few mics onstage). It seems strange that if the case was a robbery gone wrong, that the perp knew enough about the church to know they had CCTV so he/she had to disguise themselves, but didn't know that the CoC practices a much more spartan form of worship than many churches and thus would have little or nothing to steal. Doesn't make sense.

My next thought was to figure out if Missy or her family did, in fact, have some connection to the CoC even though they attended church elsewhere. A close connection to an old CoC family would be enough for her to be trusted with access to the church and for them to be comfortable with holding a non-church-sanctioned event on the property (and let me be clear, it wouldn't have to be Creekside necessarily, could be any congregation they deem "friendly" in the area). A quick Google shows (and I hope I am allowed to say this, if not Mods please fix), that there is a family connection to the local CoC community. I feel like the perp must have some connection to the church - I can't quite put into words why I feel that.

Sorry for the ramblings :blushing:

It was said that LE was taking the weekend off.

Lol. This weekend isn't a holiday plus they are working with other government agencies. Lol.

Lol. But I understand why they said this. Jmo

I'm not concerned because the article said the Midlothian Assistant Police Chief gave some investigators the weekend off. To me that means some of his own detectives might be getting a break, but it doesn't mean the FBI, ATF, US Marshals, and any other area police departments helping out are taking a break.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/In...der-Case-Sent-Home-for-Weekend-377662971.html

After reading through as much as I could of the threads (man, they’re going fast!) I’m trying to step back now and think about possible motive. When this story first hit the news, I had a brief instant when I thought that MB could have been in the wrong place, at the wrong time. But I quickly moved on from that, and think that she was targeted. The video from within the church didn’t look like a burglar…it looked like someone staking out the place and waiting for her. JMO

So, why would anyone want her gone? Here are a few things I’ve come up with. I hope other people will chime in with elaborations, thoughts, etc.!

-- Someone who would benefit financially from her death: most likely a family member, but could also possibly be someone who sees her as a professional rival

-- Someone who is jealous: wife of a male friend, wife of a male camper, wife of someone who thinks their husband is either involved with or interested in MB. Wife’s suspicions don’t have to be RIGHT…she just has to THINK something is going on, and be very angry about it.

-- Someone with extreme hatred or resentment & just wants her gone: someone close to her who is angry about just about anything…suspected infidelity, perceived lack of attention from MB, resentment of time and energy given to her career, etc. Someone who wants something that MB has (professionally or personally), and thinks that if she's gone, they'll get it?

-- Someone with something to fear from MB: someone with a personal relationship that they don’t want uncovered to their spouse or others, someone doing something illegal and MB found out about it…I don’t think that’s the case here, but I keep thinking about the crazy stories in the past of cheerleaders’ moms killing other moms (or something insane like that!) It could be something totally out there!

That’s all I can think of at the moment. There are obviously some scenarios that I think are more likely than others. But I’m trying to think of all the possibilities! :-/

Could be someone that she was friendly with? It's possible someone liked her and she blew them off. Happened to me and the guy threatened to kill me. Crazy $**t like that happens because this is a crazy world we are living in.

JMO

I know it has been speculated that the item in the perp's hand may be a box of saran wrap but is it possible that this could be a brick? They do make light colored bricks. The reason I ask is because the edges of what ever it is does not have clean edges.as you can see in this picture that I ever so slightly enhanced and cropped from this video at 1:46 View attachment 93377 ETA: The arrow is pointing at the thumb.
Do you have the original still you took before you added the arrow pointing to thumb, and can you post it? I ask because this version looks like a bitmap and is pixelated. I would liek to see it as a .jpg. THANK YOU.

The most important evidence they could get from the scene would be footprints & tire tracks of the murderer. Murderer had this all planned so maybe he took that long 'jimmy' stick & rubbed out his footprints as he left, but he still would have had tire tracks. IMO SURELY the murderer had his truck (NOT his motorcycle) pulled up in the back, somewhere on the side Missy could not possibly see.

.....but, but there is a slim chance there could be something else left at the murder scene. Something very important.
Actually two things, really.
First, there could be a bullet or shell casing if a gun was used which is a great for ballistics/forensics.
Second, sometimes the murderer gets gut or gashed by the weapon itself during a struggle--sometimes on the hands. Sometimes the victim fights back & the murderers dna is under the fingernails or on the body in blood spatter.

I'm hoping there is quite a bit of evidence & it comes back quickly. Digital electronic "fingerprints" & nearby surveillance photos may help also.

Moo

Hi all, long time lurker on WS.

This case caught my attention as my husband's family are members of the Church of Christ (FiL is a retired minister). This first thing that I thought was a bit odd about this case (other than the many obvious things) was that apparently Missy did not attend church at Creekside CoC, but was holding the boot camp there. This might not seem strange to those who aren't well acquainted with the CoC, but it is a very insular denomination, and they do not generally associate with other 'flavors" of churches, or sponsor any type of "community" outreach efforts (an exception might be if the program is directed/managed by another CoC that "jives" with their particular views). In the 20 years I've known my in-laws, I've never known of a CoC that would allow someone who was not a member of the CoC to hold any type of program or use their facilities for anything not directly involving the church. I don't know if Creekside CoC is any different (from their website, it does seem a bit more modern than most), but it was just something that struck me as odd. Also, there was discussion a couple pages back about AV equipment being mentioned as a possible reason for the perp to break in - honestly, unless Creekside is a VERY modern CoC, they probably wouldn't get much, as the vast majority of CoCs worship a capella and wouldn't have much in the way of equipment to steal (Creekside does appear from their website to only have a few mics onstage). It seems strange that if the case was a robbery gone wrong, that the perp knew enough about the church to know they had CCTV so he/she had to disguise themselves, but didn't know that the CoC practices a much more spartan form of worship than many churches and thus would have little or nothing to steal. Doesn't make sense.

My next thought was to figure out if Missy or her family did, in fact, have some connection to the CoC even though they attended church elsewhere. A close connection to an old CoC family would be enough for her to be trusted with access to the church and for them to be comfortable with holding a non-church-sanctioned event on the property (and let me be clear, it wouldn't have to be Creekside necessarily, could be any congregation they deem "friendly" in the area). A quick Google shows (and I hope I am allowed to say this, if not Mods please fix), that there is a family connection to the local CoC community. I feel like the perp must have some connection to the church - I can't quite put into words why I feel that.

Sorry for the ramblings :blushing:

What a great and informative post! Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

:ditto::yeahthat::goodpost:
The "open season" and "tunnel vision" comment re: BB-
I understand the reticence to suspect family of the victim. I think the family-friendly policy of web sleuths is commendable. As a newbie, I've been pleasantly surprised at the generally judicious commentary.
However, it must be pointed out that BB and now RB have chosen to speak out and at length regarding their theories, concerns, etc.., and there's no way to discuss the case without this being a major factor!
BB didn't have to join his father in the bloody shirt presser.
RB didn't have to hold a presser at all. A simple written statement would have sufficed regarding the dog death.
BB could have avoided FB posts (like the Rubik's cube one, for example)
These behaviors have brought attention that they claim not to want.
They both stated that they were happy that the dry cleaner contacted police with information (which is strange - if my dog died after my daughter in law was murdered and anyone suspected me I would be indignant and offended).
So why be protective of BB when he hasn't opted to be private?

For some reason I was thinking the Feds were brought in same day as killing.

JMHO, my thoughts on the Feds being brought in was the "SWAT/Police suit" and all that goes with that thinking... church killings/terrorism goings on .. Now seeing locals state things being told from the beginning, just adds to possible reasons the ATF being there

April 21st, 2016
Feds join murder investigation of Missy Bevers, Texas fitness instructor

The murder of Missy Bevers, a popular fitness instructor and mom of three in Texas, is now being investigated by federal agents as well as local police. Surveillance video shows a suspect in police SWAT gear inside the church where the victim was killed. NBC’s Kerry Sanders reports for TODAY.
MORE VIDEO

Kerry Sanders says "the FBI are reviewing a mountain of new video they are trying to match with someone taken from at a gun store.. trying to match the suspect to security videos taken from a gun store less than a mile from here that sells guns and other tactical gear...Watching for someone with that kind of walk.. to see if visited store with face uncovered ..."

1) look at this store I think I see the surveillance camera that pointed in the direction of Creekside Church View attachment 93383

2) zoomed in as much as I can View attachment 93384

3) Notice traffic. It wouldn't be that much at 330-435am that morning (I say 330.. dont know how long Suspect was at the Church prior to being first seen on camera at 350, and then the 435 is time 1st camper allegedly arrived)

So they knowing the veh MB driving and also the camper, they can look at traffic avail on the roadway . They evidently can see 1/2 mile away to get that MB turned in parking lot at that time. I not surprised at the range available to the camera..they have them in case someone steals/robs the GUN STORE they can get as much info as possible.

View attachment 93385

http://www.today.com/video/feds-joi...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

Thank you so much! This helps me with my thought that the gun store security cameras would be too far away. I see your point. Also, how smart you are to put it together that the bad guy/gal with the odd walk may have been in the gun store as a customer and that's why Feds are involved.

I know it has been speculated that the item in the perp's hand may be a box of saran wrap but is it possible that this could be a brick? They do make light colored bricks. The reason I ask is because the edges of what ever it is does not have clean edges.as you can see in this picture that I ever so slightly enhanced and cropped from this video at 1:46 [video=youtube;YUISKYJsJqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUISKYJsJqw[/video]

attachment.php

ETA: The arrow is pointing at the thumb.

LOL..I know this is going to sound funny...but it looks like a mop head to me.

Hi, First time posting in here. Just a few thoughts to throw out.
1. RB build and gait : While I do see the reason for suspecting him ie. his outward turn foot/gait . I do believe that his build is different, shoulders have a wider span, abdominal girth is larger and his breathing is very labored after minimal walking. In the video with the perp I do not notice this labored breathing. IMO he is not physically fit enough to do this.
2. I believe that RB and BB are in some way connected to the perp and have been possible trying to divert attention away from someone. I do believe they know who it is and may be protecting this person / or possibly been in on the planning with them. IMO
3. I agree with the poster who thought the " saran wrap" may have been a box of latex gloves. They commonly are used in the serves of food . ( Sorry can't remember name of poster)
I maybe way off base on all this but just wanted to jump in. All of this is just IMO.

LE has made it clear that she was targeted- that's enough to show they have an individual in mind. also have told media this- "Sources told News 8 earlier this week that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad. They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary."

oh where have we heard this story before :gaah:

1. RB build and gait : While I do see the reason for suspecting him ie. his outward turn foot/gait . I do believe that his build is different, shoulders have a wider span, abdominal girth is larger and his breathing is very labored after minimal walking. In the video with the perp I do not notice this labored breathing. IMO he is not physically fit enough to do this.
2. I believe that RB and BB are in some way connected to the perp and have been possible trying to divert attention away from someone. I do believe they know who it is and may be protecting this person / or possibly been in on the planning with them. IMO
3. I agree with the poster who thought the " saran wrap" may have been a box of latex gloves. They commonly are used in the serves of food . ( Sorry can't remember name of poster)
I maybe way off base on all this but just wanted to jump in. All of this is just IMO.

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Imo for right now. Hubby is not guilty.

But. Imo for right now. If he isn't guilty, then he should be smart enough to know that the system expects him to be guilty.

So jmo.

Hubby needs to wake the .... up and hire a private investigator to help with this case.

Especially if he is unknowningly being framed by someone who wants him out the picture as well. Jmo.

Especially since a jury will convict him on bs evidence alone. Jmo.

I don't think anyone is saying that the husband committed the murder. Most of the speculation about the husband is that he was involved, i.e. knew about the murder or instructed someone to do it. RB.

bevers.jpg hope this works, or I'll delete it. Oh, I am such a klutz with the tech stuff, I cut the picture in half...and I know you were looking for the full picture of the hand grasping for the door. Oh well, I did try...afraid it is hopeless on my end. But I hope I have give enough info on where to find the video and freeze the frame. IQuestion (I question a lot, but NEVER but do I question my lame technical skills!)

Hi, welcome, I'm new too (I posted the latex glove post). I'm not exactly sure why the perp would be carrying a box of latex gloves, but it's certainly plausible.

Do you have the original still you took before you added the arrow pointing to thumb, and can you post it? I ask because this version looks like a bitmap and is pixelated. I would liek to see it as a .jpg. THANK YOU.

The original is 1.76MB and I could not upload it, it gave me the red ! when I tried so all I did was resize it. I resized it as a jpg at 40% and I guess it's still too large to upload (same red !).

It was saved a jpg (not bmp). I have tried to upload it again and there must be a size limit. Anyone know the size limit on photos here?

I will upload it again asap..

The original is 1.76MB and I could not upload it, it gave me the red ! when I tried so all I did was resize it. I resized it as a jpg at 40% and I guess it's still too large to upload (same red !).

It was saved a jpg (not bmp). I have tried to upload it again and there must be a size limit. Anyone know the size limit on photos here?

I will upload it again asap..

Try a site like Imgur, and then linking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85