TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For consideration, The murderer shot MB and then removed bullet creating head wound. ATF and feds would find that interesting?

That's interesting, never thought of that! Any other crimes where this was done?

For consideration, The murderer shot MB and then removed bullet creating head wound. ATF and feds would find that interesting?

I saw this on an episode of Castle recently. If true, could be related to the stolen guns from Phillip Slaughter or from a gun they don't want traced. IMO (sick,planned,get this guy)

What ever is on those signs on each side of the wall by the doors and the Dutch doors.. begins with a "C" lol thats all I can make out and it has several letters.. thoughts?

RSBM

Are you talking about these signs??
Awning Hallway Sign.jpg

RSBM

Are you talking about these signs??
attachment.php

I can't make anything out, but I would expect to find a sign that said either "Church Office" or "Classrooms." More likely to be "Church Office" unless we believe the office to be in a different part of the building.

I downloaded the Midlothian Police Department's Creekside Church Surveillance Video and rendered it in HD at 60 frames per second, showing better quality with enhanced sharpness and color restoration. The suspect wandering the church is much more clearer now.

[video]https://youtu.be/mSWD1TvaGZ4[/video]

I just watched this and I think the pants the perp is wearing maybe the same kind worn by a Nurse or Paramedic. I am a nurse and I swear in the clip where he/she is banging on wall/door at 2.02 that the white thing on his right upper thigh area is in a bandage/scissor pocket.
Like these Home > Uniform Apparel > DAYTONA STATE COLLEGE > EMT Academy Items > Rothco Men's EMT Cargo Duty Pants
[h=1]Rothco Men's EMT Cargo Duty Pants[/h]9-Pocket Design with Adjustable Waist Tabs

I wonder did the perp ever really leave ?

I haven't ruled out the possibility of LE involvement in some way.

As of late...no indication where the tactical gear came from but its not hard to obtain. You can piece that outfit together by getting stuff from different places. However, my mind goes to the story in earlier threads where there was a local LE officer busted for selling items out of the property room. Who knows how much stuff he hawked to other people...either out of his own uniform allowance or what he stole from others. It just goes to prove there is a possibility lots of these items are out there. *Links were provided in earlier threads in regards to the officer arrested earlier on these charges. JMO. Also, I was looking at Missy's instagram. If you watch her gym video clips, you can gather that LE/Fire/EMS workers possibly worked out there as well. Set your eyes not on her but to the background. More ties to LE. Could mean nothing or something. Just looking around....I really hope its not a legit LE personnel that murdered her. Can you imagine the horror...makes it so much worse. Not going to speculate. Keeping an open mind!

I don't want you to work to hard. I put it in a new tab and blew it up. When it's small, it does look something like a saran wrap box, and oblong rectangular object. When it is larger, and very large, it no longer looks that shape. ...Okay. Now I see it. I think it looks like a pair of metal not pliers, but cutters, like small bolt cutters. The black thumb where you put the arrow is only holding one arm handle of the tool. *shrug*

One more link to straight jaw locking pliers- remarkably similar, don't you think? You are onto something there!
https://www.takatack.com/shops/stan...l-st84370-/takatack-125725_m?ref=shop:Stanley

I can't make anything out, but I would expect to find a sign that said either "Church Office" or "Classrooms." More likely to be "Church Office" unless we believe the office to be in a different part of the building.

What Bill said would make perfect sense arkansasmimi! Are you still trying to figure out Room 12 or something else?

BTW, I am not sure where the church office is in this building....

Hi all, long time lurker on WS.

This case caught my attention as my husband's family are members of the Church of Christ (FiL is a retired minister). This first thing that I thought was a bit odd about this case (other than the many obvious things) was that apparently Missy did not attend church at Creekside CoC, but was holding the boot camp there. This might not seem strange to those who aren't well acquainted with the CoC, but it is a very insular denomination, and they do not generally associate with other 'flavors" of churches, or sponsor any type of "community" outreach efforts (an exception might be if the program is directed/managed by another CoC that "jives" with their particular views). In the 20 years I've known my in-laws, I've never known of a CoC that would allow someone who was not a member of the CoC to hold any type of program or use their facilities for anything not directly involving the church. I don't know if Creekside CoC is any different (from their website, it does seem a bit more modern than most), but it was just something that struck me as odd. Also, there was discussion a couple pages back about AV equipment being mentioned as a possible reason for the perp to break in - honestly, unless Creekside is a VERY modern CoC, they probably wouldn't get much, as the vast majority of CoCs worship a capella and wouldn't have much in the way of equipment to steal (Creekside does appear from their website to only have a few mics onstage). It seems strange that if the case was a robbery gone wrong, that the perp knew enough about the church to know they had CCTV so he/she had to disguise themselves, but didn't know that the CoC practices a much more spartan form of worship than many churches and thus would have little or nothing to steal. Doesn't make sense.

My next thought was to figure out if Missy or her family did, in fact, have some connection to the CoC even though they attended church elsewhere. A close connection to an old CoC family would be enough for her to be trusted with access to the church and for them to be comfortable with holding a non-church-sanctioned event on the property (and let me be clear, it wouldn't have to be Creekside necessarily, could be any congregation they deem "friendly" in the area). A quick Google shows (and I hope I am allowed to say this, if not Mods please fix), that there is a family connection to the local CoC community. I feel like the perp must have some connection to the church - I can't quite put into words why I feel that.

Sorry for the ramblings :blushing:

I agree with you.

Does it look like s/he is twisting or spinning a tool with their left hand when trying to open the locked door? Also, going out on a skinny limb that probably won't hold me, but IMO after watching the video a gazillion times it looks like the bad guy is LE of some kind. Some of the movements and mannerisms remind me of some of DFWs finest motorcycle officers I have seen standing outside a vehicle writing a citation. Sometimes right outside my own vehicle I am ashamed to say. NOT SAYING IT IS A MOTORCYCLE OFFICER. Just LE mannerisms

I appreciate your work, but I see some sort of box or brick rather than a tool. Could be lots of things, but the shape and size is that of a plastic wrap or aluminum foil box, in my opinion.

It seems somewhat small for that (to me) when compared to the size of the hand- and I can't imagine a really useful reason to carry it around! A tool makes more sense to me (since the murderer has at least one more tool we can clearly see)- just my opinion, of course. Is hard to make out- but the outlines and size do seem to fit (and the outline even matches with the open area at the end, to me)

Thank you so much! This helps me with my thought that the gun store security cameras would be too far away. I see your point. Also, how smart you are to put it together that the bad guy/gal with the odd walk may have been in the gun store as a customer and that's why Feds are involved.

LOL I didnt put it together... that was in the video. I dispise MEDIA. They get stuff so messed up. Put their opinion/thoughts instead of just stating as the FACTS fall. I dont always agree with Sanders, but he is a very seasoned national reporter ... and would have a video crew that knows what are good shots. Not saying that local wont, just looking for different angles of the area. The "core" story will be the same with all the media... following around together like a pack of hounds lol all mics pulled out. Soundbites.

But the Feds and ATF... they have specific things they get involved with a case for. Criteria. The TX Rangers are involved also. I am glad. At first glance it would be very wise just because of the "SWAT/Police" clothing. That way in big picture in case someone had to recuse themselves, there isn't a need for someone to play catch up and so forth. Personally, I feel that although there are many working on this. Until/Unless they have some solid lead info there are probably a very small handful that know the extent of the investigation. This is just my opinion.

It seems somewhat small for that (to me) when compared to the size of the hand- and I can't imagine a really useful reason to carry it around! A tool makes more sense to me (since the murderer has at least one more tool we can clearly see)- just my opinion, of course. Is hard to make out- but the outlines and size do seem to fit (and the outline even matches with the open area at the end, to me)

I was clear as mud there- I meant that the object seems small to be Saran Wrap or foil (a glove box matches better I think if it's a box). I agree with earlier post that it appears that the perp uses a tool when prying open a door

The "open season" and "tunnel vision" comment re: BB-
I understand the reticence to suspect family of the victim. I think the family-friendly policy of web sleuths is commendable. As a newbie, I've been pleasantly surprised at the generally judicious commentary.
However, it must be pointed out that BB and now RB have chosen to speak out and at length regarding their theories, concerns, etc.., and there's no way to discuss the case without this being a major factor!
BB didn't have to join his father in the bloody shirt presser.
RB didn't have to hold a presser at all. A simple written statement would have sufficed regarding the dog death.
BB could have avoided FB posts (like the Rubik's cube one, for example)
These behaviors have brought attention that they claim not to want.
They both stated that they were happy that the dry cleaner contacted police with information (which is strange - if my dog died after my daughter in law was murdered and anyone suspected me I would be indignant and offended).
So why be protective of BB when he hasn't opted to be private?

To me, because I don't know how I would be reacting if this happened in my family. I might react the same way he did. Last time I checked there is no handbook on how to act when your loved one has been murdered. IMO, it is not respectful to the family or the husband. It is getting to the point of being ridiculous, why did he where the checkered shirt rather than a black one? Doesn't everyone know he should be wearing black after someone dies. Sarcasm intended. Of course, all JMHO

Does it look like s/he is twisting or spinning a tool with their left hand when trying to open the locked door? Also, going out on a skinny limb that probably won't hold me, but IMO after watching the video a gazillion times it looks like the bad guy is LE of some kind. Some of the movements and mannerisms remind me of some of DFWs finest motorcycle officers I have seen standing outside a vehicle writing a citation. Sometimes right outside my own vehicle I am ashamed to say. NOT SAYING IT IS A MOTORCYCLE OFFICER. Just LE mannerisms
I agree that the mannerisms seem LE at times- when perp is walking along the wall it brings to mind a corrections/jail officer even.
The last thing anyone wants to think is that someone we trust, LE, could be involved. Does anyone know exactly why it was so quickly ruled out in the media- even BB stated that the outfit was a poor copy, which I assume he had been told by LE.

Absolutely agree! There are times he/she seems a little "clumsy"--like when they are in the hallway headed towards the dutch door. His/her left ankle gives out a little and they do this weird little double step. I took a screenshot of the ankle at this point and it's just at a weird angle. But then, the way he/she turns towards the door and then the way he/she "saunters" through the church (if that's the right word), reminds me of a LEO. It's the confident stance we see too I think.

ETA: I'm not sure about the tool at the locked door (which my hubs says is a closet). I do notice the hammer used and the "tap, tap, tap" but not sure about the twisting of a tool. I'll look again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone