TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I completely agree with you. As some have pointed out, it could be a brilliant disguise. But then the question would have to be who and why.

That said, I mostly agree with you. My gut feeling is, that this was some random nut job who broke into the church, as part of some weird SWAT fantasy. It’s just too weird, and doesn’t make any sense.

That's my gut, too. In the most recent video the person looks like they are doing a routine security check. Wouldn't think someone who was trying to rob the place or waiting to commit murder would bother. Bringing in the ATF and a 3rd federal agency as well as the dog has me thinking it might be something more.

Excuse my British ignorance, I've never heard of the ATF in all the cases I've followed here. Google tells me it's the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, is it unusual for them to be involved?

I don’t think it is that unusual. They could be called in by local authorities, as needed. It’s been many years, but I think I have seen ATF trucks parked around the crime scenes of a couple of major arson fires. So they have offices in most major cities.

But it could be a sign that this is something bigger, then we know about now.

That's my gut, too. In the most recent video the person looks like they are doing a routine security check. Wouldn't think someone who was trying to rob the place or wait to kill someone would bother. Bringing in the ATF and a 3rd federal agency as well as the dog has me thinking it might be something more.

I thought maybe he/she is looking for a safe but was caught totally off guard not thinking anyone would be at the church at that time of the day. If he/she entered using a crowbar, I don't see it in their hands so did they set it down somewhere? When TG entered then they would have had to go retrieve the crow bar from wherever they left it. I guess they could have heard her car approach, grabbed the crowbar, and lay in wait. Do ministers usually have Mondays off?

I agree with Curious Me that the perp will be caught. Heck, the popo might have already identified him/her. They may have already interviewed him/her.

This was no casual event: it was well planned. The killer is a person who is highly aggrieved or has an abnormal obsession with the victim. I expect that the victim's phone is going to hold clues. If I were an investigator, I would want to look into whether the victim had a boyfriend or the husband had a girlfriend. (I have no evidence to suggest that either did, but it would be the first place I would look.) Would need to look into the financial circumstances of the family and whether there was any life insurance to collect. (Again, no evidence, these are just places I would look.) Then look for disgruntled customers or business partners.

My initial list of suspects is not that long. I don't see this as a random act. Now, I could be wrong about all of this. And it is not my intent to cast any dispersions on the deceased or the family.

I'm almost caught up, been working. I don't think anyone has posted this but has anyone considered that the SWAT disguise might be an attempt to pin the crime on her LE husband? Some crazy female mistress or just an obsessed nutjob? Because for the life of me I can't understand a more uncomfortable looking disguise to wear . A second idea is that from the beginning it looked like the killer was wearing a bulky armored vest or even a bomb vest (hense the Federal agencies). Ok just some random thoughts I have been stewing over. Back to catching up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to follow this case closely, but I missed hearing/reading that Missy's husband is a member of Law Enforcement. Do you have a link referencing his job title? Is he a local policeman?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...dlothian-mother-was-worried-about-her-safety/

Missy's mom-in-law, Marsha Tucker, says her son communicated "for some time" that he was worried about Missy's safety with the early morning workouts. "The morning before we knew anything happened he said 'I've told her, I've told her she's got to be careful.' He was so afraid something would happen."

Well, I don't know what to think. Why would they be concerned about safety in a really low-crime area? Why the heck is the husband communicating his safety concerns to his mom the day before it happened? Maybe I'm not reading the article right. I'm still thinking this was an oh-so-personal business dispute, but.......

I'm not completely familiar with SWAT gear, but isn't he/she wearing something strapped onto the front of her jacket, here? (Bullet-proof vest of some sort?)

If it is in fact SWAT gear, then yeah, a bullet proof vest would probably be part of it.

I have been trying to follow this case closely, but I missed hearing/reading that Missy's husband is a member of Law Enforcement. Do you have a link referencing his job title? Is he a local policeman?

I think that poster is suggesting NOT that the Husband is LE, but that the killer was framing HER (the killer's) LE husband, whoever that killer and LE husband might be.

Oh jeez. I'm mixing up two current cases. Pardon me[emoji16]

I think that poster is suggesting NOT that the Husband is LE, but that the killer was framing HER (the killer's) LE husband, whoever that killer and LE husband might be.

Oh, okay, thanks. It confused me because it hasn't yet been positively determined if the killer is male or female, but I see what you are saying.

Oh jeez. I'm mixing up two current cases. Pardon me[emoji16]

No problem! It happens to me, too! I just thought I had missed a huge piece of information.

What time is sunrise there? It looks pretty light in the video. Are church lights left on at night? I didn't see he/she had a flashlight. If they usually worked out outside at 5am then they worked out in the dark?

What do others think about whether the person conveniently already had that swat gear when they started planning this; or did they form the plan and then buy the gear?

Everyone here -- I've really been getting a lot out of all your posts. I am waiting to find out who this suspect is and their motive. I tend to think they're unstable and have a irrational grudge.

Unless the person was a LEO, I don’t think that anyone would conveniently have SWAT gear. So it was probably planned.

If it is in fact SWAT gear, then yeah, a bullet proof vest would probably be part of it.

If that's the case, it's not cheap. Either they already had the gear, or they shelled out a lot of money for full riot gear and a BPV to commit the crime.

"If it's raining, we're still training," said an image posted Sunday on Bevers' apparent Facebook page. "NO EXCUSES....You are Gladiators!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

I understand Missy had a large FB following, but I would be looking at a church member who was not happy about the Gladiators training inside the church and who viewed her FB page. Probably PO'd about her using the church as a training center? JMO :twocents:

But we don't know if this is "real" SWAT gear or just a fancy disguise.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

I understand Missy had a large FB following, but I would be looking at a church member who was not happy about the Gladiators training inside the church and who viewed her FB page. Probably PO'd about her using the church as a training center? JMO :twocents:

With all due respect friend, I don't think that this complaint rises to the level of grievance that would motivate this event.

I agree with Curious Me that the perp will be caught. Heck, the popo might have already identified him/her. They may have already interviewed him/her.

This was no casual event: it was well planned. The killer is a person who is highly aggrieved or has an abnormal obsession with the victim. I expect that the victim's phone is going to hold clues. If I were an investigator, I would want to look into whether the victim had a boyfriend or the husband had a girlfriend. (I have no evidence to suggest that either did, but it would be the first place I would look.) Would need to look into the financial circumstances of the family and whether there was any life insurance to collect. (Again, no evidence, these are just places I would look.) Then look for disgruntled customers or business partners.

My initial list of suspects is not that long. I don't see this as a random act. Now, I could be wrong about all of this. And it is not my intent to cast any dispersions on the deceased or the family.

Or a woman who was interested in missy. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member