TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...bout-her-safety/?e=v5z5s-nJTIKi9qkPA6rfrgGYAQ

In the most recent video released it appears the person had to hunch down somewhat to reach the door knob to open it. I just tried the bathroom door and at 5'6" I just had to reach straight which makes me think the person is taller than me. Also would depend on height of door knob. My door knob is 40" off the floor.

Also, it has been suggested this wasn't a typical burglary, nothing taken, etc. Was the person simply looking for somewhere to hide? He/she seems to be walking very clumsily. Could they have been jealous of how fit she was? I know, that sounds a little crazy.

From your link, it does look like a woman, hip-wise. I do think jealousy could be the motive, and someone has probably come forward with clues to this person's identity.

Welcome Gae and Zombelah :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not completely familiar with SWAT gear, but isn't he/she wearing something strapped onto the front of her jacket, here? (Bullet-proof vest of some sort?)

The guy from Nancy Grace, from Conroe, Texas, who sells SWAT gear, but not to individuals, said the vest alone could cost $3000.

If it was a targeted hit, and I think it was, then who ever was angry enough to kill her may have done some talking. In a small town, and I know because I live in one, there is a lot of gossip. If someone was shooting their mouth off around town, about their dislike of Missy, someone might come forward with that. I think there is a reward for info leading to an arrest and that might motivate someone to come forward. I guess what I am trying to ask is this, is it possible to hate that much and nobody else knows about it?

Welcome to Websleuths Snow Flower! Great name.

Yes, small towns know the local gossip. I'm considering someone who didn't like the ladies exercising outside wearing leggings and sport bras. I know some folks are put off by leggings in public places like schools and churches. Maybe someone has voiced displeasure at this fashion trend.

No way someone would dress like this for a burglary unless they were mentally ill, living in a comic book/fantasy world or both.

I’m not sure I completely agree with you. As some have pointed out, it could be a brilliant disguise. But then the question would have to be who and why.

That said, I mostly agree with you. My gut feeling is, that this was some random nut job who broke into the church, as part of some weird SWAT fantasy. It’s just too weird, and doesn’t make any sense.

If I was any good at photoshop, I would 'shop a can of pepper spray in the perp's hand.

All I'm going to say is I mixed up 2 cases. Nothing to see here folks...[emoji15]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If the husband is correct, and investigators told him the perp is 6 feet tall, how tall would that door frame need to be?
10-11 feet? Is that likely?

Here's another way to calculate suspect's height using the door in this picture:

image.jpg

Notice that the bottom of the door to the left of suspect is exactly in line with bottom of our suspect's heels. Per TX code again - no matter how tall the door frame, the door handle will be approx 36" (3') up from the floor. In the photo above, the handle appears to be visually in line with the suspect's waistline (or the top of the video's triangular 'play' button).

Now, if you take a piece of plain paper and lay it on top of the image where the door is, and mark out 3 equal sections going from the bottom of the door up to the handle, you'll have three 1-foot markings to measure the person's height by. If you lay that same piece of marked paper against the person's body, you'll see that the 3' marking comes up to the person's waist (top of play button); if you move the marked paper up to measure 3 more feet up from the waist you'll see that it goes about 1/2 of a 1-foot marking higher than the person's head - meaning our person is about 6" shy of being 6' tall.

At least it seems that way to me. :)

What do others think about whether the person conveniently already had that swat gear when they started planning this; or did they form the plan and then buy the gear?

Everyone here -- I've really been getting a lot out of all your posts. I am waiting to find out who this suspect is and their motive. I tend to think they're unstable and have a irrational grudge.

My vote is for formed the plan and then bought the gear. Unstable and irrational grudge all the way.... :twocents:

I'm almost caught up, been working. I don't think anyone has posted this but has anyone considered that the SWAT disguise might be an attempt to pin the crime on her LE husband? Some crazy female mistress or just an obsessed nutjob? Because for the life of me I can't understand a more uncomfortable looking disguise to wear . A second idea is that from the beginning it looked like the killer was wearing a bulky armored vest or even a bomb vest (hense the Federal agencies). Ok just some random thoughts I have been stewing over. Back to catching up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If I was going to attack a woman with arm muscles like Terry's I would wear this also in case I did not get the jump on her.Someone mentioned not wanting marks or bruises on her body being noticed.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :).

When I first started reading about what happened (and watched the video), I thought this was a woman who was wearing shoes that were way too big. I also thought that just maybe this was a mistress and she knew that Terri would be able to possibly harm her and that is why she decided to wear all of the gear.

JMHO, the dude(dudette) doesn't look 6' tall to me. Those boots are going to add 2". I think he/she is south of 6", maybe 5'6" to 5'8"

Killer might have believed it possible that Missy was armed, hence the protective gear ? Bulk around the chest/abdomen is probably a bullet proof vest. Seems like the killer had a strange "warrior mentality", and was into a confrontational fight. Seems like payback to me, but jmo

Another question I have is if this person drove their own car; or did they rent a car? It's a risk either way.

I know the church parking lot footage doesn't determine even the make of the car yet, but LE said there might be video footage supplied from other businesses. I doubt this suspect can end up stumping the professional investigators. You know how after a case is solved we end up seeing the person driving up and buying something at Walmart or Home Depot. It's only a matter of time.

What do others think about whether the person conveniently already had that swat gear when they started planning this; or did they form the plan and then buy the gear?

Everyone here -- I've really been getting a lot out of all your posts. I am waiting to find out who this suspect is and their motive. I tend to think they're unstable and have a irrational grudge.

I would guess they formed the plan and got the gear. No reasoning, just a complete guess.
And it's probably been disposed of since.

Killer might have believed it possible that Missy was armed, hence the protective gear ? Bulk around the chest/abdomen is probably a bullet proof vest. Seems like the killer had a strange "warrior mentality", and was into a confrontational fight. Seems like payback to me, but jmo

Yes!! I was just wondering whether Missy might have a CCL. I would not be surprised to learn that.

:thinking: I don't think the church parking lot was used by the perp...

If it were a burglary and they didn't park close to the church, wouldn't it be a little awkward having to carry whatever they stole a fair distance to their vehicle? Is there that much to steal at a church? Where is the offering money kept and is it taken home on Sunday or is it in a safe at the church before depositing on Monday?

Be my guess there'd only be computers, maybe, and collection money would likely be in a safe. Not the most prime target for a robber who isn't a safe-cracker.

My sister came home several years ago and apparently interrupted a robbery (thankfully the thieves fled). Pawnable items (computer, TV, jewelry, etc) had been gathered and were stashed in a pile near the rear entry door (jamb had been broken). So a getaway car might not initially be parked too close so as to avoid suspicion, but then they would eventually drive up to load the stuff in. There has been mention of a car seen parked on the far edge of the parking lot that LE is wondering about in the surveillance videos.

The fact that this 'robber' walked the halls for 30 minutes without piling up anything to take makes me highly doubt this was a robbery in progress. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle