TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect friend, I don't think that this complaint rises to the level of grievance that would motivate this event.

While I agree that the scenarios you listed in your post are more likely than a zealous, overprotective member of the church, I will cite Mary Jane Fonder as an example.

Mary Jane Fonder, 66, the oldest woman to be convicted of first-degree murder in Bucks County, was sentenced to life in prison yesterday for fatally shooting a fellow congregant in the office of a Springfield Township church.

http://articles.philly.com/2008-12-...springfield-township-church-edward-fonder-iii

She is cray-cray!

What time is sunrise there? It looks pretty light in the video. Are church lights left on at night? I didn't see he/she had a flashlight. If they usually worked out outside at 5am then they worked out in the dark?

I am a hour or so away, but our sunrise here is currently right before 7:00.

This is a most frightening crime to me. We don't have all the facts etc. but just the costume worn by the perp is scary. So calculated and strange. And a suggestion of a very physical level of violence. I am so sad for this woman killed. I feel an urgency to get this monster locked up-this crime leaves me very angry.
Had to rant.
And it's my own opinion only.

I am a hour or so away, but our sunrise here is currently right before 7:00.

Same here, but it was cloudy and overcast at 7:00 due to all the rain for the last several days.

Missy"s husband said it wasn't an official tactical outfit that the killer wore. He indicated it was just an outfit that resembled the real deal.

Yes, the doors could be taller. But even so, this person I'd estimate to be 5'7-8" in height, tops. Here's a picture I'm using to help determine this (though, I certainly could be wrong):

View attachment 92199

The fire extinguisher box on the wall to the left....per TX code the box handle would be about 48" up from the floor, and the top of the box about 60" (or 5') from the floor. So, even imagining the subject walking a few steps forward, it would still seem that the top of the person's head is not more than 7-8" above the top of the fire extinguisher box.

I'm sure fire extinguisher boxes are pretty standard in size, I imagine it would be quite easy to use it as a scale to get a fairly accurate height. I'm already in bed but if no one beats me to it I will calculate tomorrow afternoon when I have a chance.

What time is sunrise there? It looks pretty light in the video. Are church lights left on at night? I didn't see he/she had a flashlight. If they usually worked out outside at 5am then they worked out in the dark?

Midlothian, Texas - Sunrise and sunset calendar

Day ............Twilight start Sunrise Sunset Twilight end Day length Solar noon Nautical twilight Astronomical twilight Start End Start End

Mon, Apr 18 6:27:55 am 6:53:19 am 8:00:42 pm 8:26:05 pm 13:07:23 1:27:00 pm 5:57 am 8:56 pm 5:26 am 9:27 pm

Midlothian, Texas - Sunrise and sunset calendar

Guess they use parking lot lights.

[video=youtube;eUmURozKaUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmURozKaUQ[/video]

While I agree that the scenarios you listed in your post are more likely than a zealous, overprotective member of the church, I will cite Mary Jane Fonder as an example.

http://articles.philly.com/2008-12-...springfield-township-church-edward-fonder-iii

She is cray-cray!

I was not familiar with that case. I am, however, familiar with the Churches of Christ, having grown up in them. Church of Christ member get in petty disputes, usually over stupid little issues such as marriage, divorce, and remarriage. But when disputes arise, the typical result is a church split, not a killing.

This particular congregation is what we in the CoC call a "liberal" congregation. That means that their rules aren't as strict as the historical CoC, but they probably still seem strict to those outside the denomination. Here's what tells me they are liberal: 1) the sign says "Creekside Church, a church of christ community." A more-traditional congregation would be called "Creekside church of Christ." (Note the weird capitalization of that name.) 2) the church's website shows a pretty modern worship experience, with a "praise team" and musical instruments. I could go on, but that's plenty to establish the case.

Now, it is possible that this killing was the result of a very angry Church of Christ member--someone ANGRY about the musical instruments and modern worship**--who broke into the church building to vandalize or whatever, and then Missy just happened to show up at the wrong time. Then let's say Missy had a CCL, pulled her gun on him/her, the perp also had a gun and they had a little shoot-out. Far fetched? Yes. I don't think that is what happened, but time will tell.

**If you want to look at the rantings of one crazy Church of Christ member, just check out http://piney.com/ Prepare to be shocked.

For perspective, I took a screenshot of the person by the Dutch-door. The other two pics are for trying to figure out what is in the left hand. I thought possibly a hammer, flashlight or a dumbbell, but it looks different at different angles. Both videos are quite short and I tried to do them frame-by-frame to see better, but I still am not at all clear in what I am seeing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75-c1nXq1pE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAbJ5YzWgcU

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image.png
    image.png
    807.5 KB · Views: 95
"It just has a different type of walk than most males would", said Alex Del Carmen.

Tarleton criminology professor Dr. Alex Del Carmen says the suspect's gait could be a familiar trait.

But also warns he or she appears to have carefully planned out the crime.

"And perhaps even staged the way that person would walk to try to make sure that authorities would focus on that particular area, as opposed to other things", said Del Carmen.

http://www.kgns.tv/home/headlines/Family-hopes-376463391.html

I don't know-it looks very local to me and very circumstantial-I think y'all know what I mean.

Midlothian
City in Texas
Midlothian is a city in northwest Ellis County, Texas, United States. The city is 25 miles southwest of Dallas. Wikipedia
Elevation: 755′
Area: 53.85 mi²
Weather: 63°F (17°C), Wind N at 0 mph (0 km/h), 99% Humidity

Zip code: 76065
Population: 19,891
Local time: Wednesday 9:46 PM
Area code: 972

(Bolded part by me)

Two more words to jog your memory about the Church of Christ: Mary Winkler.

I was not familiar with that case. I am, however, familiar with the Churches of Christ, having grown up in them. Church of Christ member get in petty disputes, usually over stupid little issues such as marriage, divorce, and remarriage. But when disputes arise, the typical result is a church split, not a killing.

This particular congregation is what we in the CoC call a "liberal" congregation. That means that their rules aren't as strict as the historical CoC, but they probably still seem strict to those outside the denomination. Here's what tells me they are liberal: 1) the sign says "Creekside Church, a church of christ community." A more-traditional congregation would be called "Creekside church of Christ." (Note the weird capitalization of that name.) 2) the church's website shows a pretty modern worship experience, with a "praise team" and musical instruments. I could go on, but that's plenty to establish the case.

Now, it is possible that this killing was the result of a very angry Church of Christ member--someone ANGRY about the musical instruments and modern worship**--who broke into the church building to vandalize or whatever, and then Missy just happened to show up at the wrong time. Then let's say Missy had a CCL, pulled her gun on him/her, the perp also had a gun and they had a little shoot-out. Far fetched? Yes. I don't think that is what happened, but time will tell.

**If you want to look at the rantings of one crazy Church of Christ member, just check out http://piney.com/ Prepare to be shocked.

Excellent rebuttal! Our neighbor is CoC (also a former co-worker was CoC), I assume the more conservative branch because they don't celebrate any holidays including Christmas. Thanks for the link! Checking out the ranting now!

No, I don't think there was a gun shootout between Missy and the dude/dudette. Bludgeoning to the head and upper body is my guess.

This crime looks like a conspiracy to me-well planned and executed. My biggest question would be 'motive"?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...dlothian-mother-was-worried-about-her-safety/

missy's mom-in-law, marsha tucker, says her son communicated "for some time" that he was worried about missy's safety with the early morning workouts. "the morning before we knew anything happened he said 'i've told her, i've told her she's got to be careful.' he was so afraid something would happen."

well, i don't know what to think. Why would they be concerned about safety in a really low-crime area? Why the heck is the husband communicating his safety concerns to his mom the day before it happened? Maybe i'm not reading the article right. I'm still thinking this was an oh-so-personal business dispute, but.......

bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member