TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw that Dutch door, I flashed back to this weird little door in my childhood church which held one of those pull out things with folding chairs stacked on it? It probably doesn't matter at all, but that's what I thought, like that the perspective seemed weird... IDK, everything looks weird to me on video. This evening Mr flourish and I participated in an online class, which requires a Webcam. I felt like I looked "weird," because the angles are just strange. Usually there is a piece of electrical tape over the Webcam lol, paranoia.

Anyway, this murder is very odd. I'm still going with the theory of a jealous woman. And I'm glad someone suggested pregnant as a possibility, I'd wondered, but didn't say anything... I get posting shyness sometimes.

Is it possible that someone had bothered Missy before when she was there early in the morning ?

This is one of my possibilities----that she had a stalker, i.e., repeated unwanted advances from someone.

This news report says the cameras outside the church were NOT working....

This makes it sound like they were temporarily not working, which plays into my theory that the killer disconnected the outside cameras in the days before. I'm telling you, this was premeditated. Great plans were made, ISTM.

So this is the first I've read that they recovered a break-in tool:

Investigator agreed the murder certainly has elements of a targeted attack. They haven’t yet ruled out an interrupted burglary, though. Although nothing was taken at the church, several windows and doors were broken and police have recovered tools the suspect used to bust the glass

http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

Some of us think the husband is mistaken about the perp's height. In the video's look at the person's height in relation to the door frame

I'm way behind, still catching up, but I could have sworn I watched a video posted waaaaaaay upthread in which the husband said LE thinks the perp is six feet tall. In other words, nothing he came up with himself.

Somebody, please clear this up. I have to go to bed, else I would do my own research.

Please people think about motive here. To me, that is foremost. The rest just is just means to an end.

My daughter is into fitness and healthy eating. She constantly tells me about all the affairs that happen between people she knows at the gym. The gym is the new singles bar. Anyway, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch of the imagination to wonder if someone came on to Missy and she rebuffed him. That might have led to stalking and anger at being rejected. Just a random thought while trying to find a motive.

JHarlin we just put in an offer on a home in Midlothian TX. We passed that church several times while looking at homes and I just had a real curiosity about it which is odd because I'm Catholic. Two days later I see this story on the news. Everyone we've talked to says it's such a quiet town. Do you think you could tell me about the Midlothian area?

I'm way behind, still catching up, but I could have sworn I watched a video posted waaaaaaay upthread in which the husband said LE thinks the perp is six feet tall. In other words, nothing he came up with himself.

Somebody, please clear this up. I have to go to bed, else I would do my own research.

If you read a few posts after the one you quoted of mine i think a couple of posters did a good job of explaining how they concluded that the perp is not 6 feet tall. I do recall the husband saying that but believe he was mistaken.

Bill Carson wrote:
"Oh thanks, but I'm not a Texan. ;-)"

Obviously.

If you read a few posts after the one you quoted of mine i think a couple of posters did a good job of explaining how they concluded that the perp is not 6 feet tall. I do recall the husband saying that but believe he was mistaken.
Early on the police actually said he was 6 feet tall. Husband might have been reiterating that statement.

Why do you think the FBI was brought in, if this is true? Suspect crossed a state line, or something to do with a church?

Why do you think the FBI was brought in, if this is true? Suspect crossed a state line, or something to do with a church?

The theory could be either (as far a criminal jurisdiction is concerned). Maybe their POI crossed state lines recently. ;-)

This news report says the cameras outside the church were NOT working and a friend/co-worker of Missy's said she hadn't been herself lately. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

I couldn't get the video to load so was it there where it was said she hadn't been herself lately? Because it wasn't in the article.

I know I'm way behind on the thread so sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Is it me or is there another paradox to this whole thing?

So, the suspect breaks into the church, breaking the window. Meaning, if Missy doesn't show up, whoever ends up getting to the church next--the pastor?--is eventually going to see that someone broke in, and the police would be called.

In any case, the suspect wants to get into the church SO BAD that he/she doesn't mind leaving evidence that a break-in happened. However, on the flip side, the suspect is in there for a half hour before Missy gets there and takes nothing, as far as we know. Doesn't destroy anything, as far as we know. Doesn't desecrate any Christian statues. Doesn't try to burn the place down. Seemingly just walks aimlessly up and down the halls.

And it should be noted: In a half hour, you could go through every room in almost every church in the USA in that amount of time. So, the suspect had more than enough time to find whatever he/she wanted to steal. But as far as we know, nothing was taken. Kinda weird. It feels so passive-aggressive to me. Like, "I want SO BAD to get into this church. But . . .I'm not gonna take anything." Weird.

Just sitting here tonight I've tried to entertain some different scenarios. For example, could this have been just some teenage kid who wanted to "play pretend" with police equipment? Got the stuff online. Couldn't wear it out in public because that would be the ultimate in geekdom. So, the kid felt he could go to this church at night and just kind of pretend he was a night watchman or something. And, in a fit of desperation, kills Missy.

The above scenario could be possible but what gets in the way of it is the breaking in and the broken glass. Sneaking in through an open door or window, I could see. Like this kid's own little secret. But once property is harmed and destroyed, that's a whole new level of criminality. Sneaking in? Slap on the wrist if he gets caught. Breaking windows? That's something different. And the kid would have to know that, I think. So, the average "good but a little strange" kid wouldn't break windows. And surely not kill a woman if she happened upon him. In fact, the average, adventurous kid is going to run like heck due to the fear of getting caught, not compound the problem.

I agree with many others here that this case will be solved. And I would guess fairly quickly. Whoever did it has to be a local. Is either connected to the church or to Missy. I would say probably bought the POLICE stuff from a local store in person because some of that stuff has to be sized or it doesn't fit--why spend all that money buying something online and take the chance that it doesn't fit? Guaranteed stores that provide that kind of wear are going through their security tapes right now. And somebody . . . somebody . . . is going to recognize that unique walk.

Good question. Bringing in the Texas Rangers isn't unusual in a case like this. ATF and FBI, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95