TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or something to do with suspect wearing SWAT/federal looking uniform?

For perspective, I took a screenshot of the person by the Dutch-door. The other two pics are for trying to figure out what is in the left hand. I thought possibly a hammer, flashlight or a dumbbell, but it looks different at different angles. Both videos are quite short and I tried to do them frame-by-frame to see better, but I still am not at all clear in what I am seeing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75-c1nXq1pE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAbJ5YzWgcU

These are as clear as any I've seen but I still can't make out with any certainty what perp is carrying (if same object in both shots).
LE can make these stills sharper than we can, though, and they may have an idea they're not sharing with us.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...dlothian-mother-was-worried-about-her-safety/

Missy's mom-in-law, Marsha Tucker, says her son communicated "for some time" that he was worried about Missy's safety with the early morning workouts. "The morning before we knew anything happened he said 'I've told her, I've told her she's got to be careful.' He was so afraid something would happen."

Well, I don't know what to think. Why would they be concerned about safety in a really low-crime area? Why the heck is the husband communicating his safety concerns to his mom the day before it happened? Maybe I'm not reading the article right. I'm still thinking this was an oh-so-personal business dispute, but.......

Hmm...their daughter went along with Missy sometimes. Are there many rapes in the area? Car jackings? Hold Ups? I can't imagine why else her husband would be so worried. From what I've heard a murder isn't that common...hardly ever happens...but it did soon after conveying this to his mother. I wish his mother said what he was so concerned about. Maybe he knew someone had a grudge against her. Did she hold classes in some rougher areas?

Don't blame Missy, I'm sure she was careful, but never expected a swat maniac to attack her by surprise.

I couldn't get the video to load so was it there where it was said she hadn't been herself lately? Because it wasn't in the article.

I know I'm way behind on the thread so sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

It's at the 1:33 mark in the video. GM at a gym where she trained said she was there a lot until recently, and she stopped talking as much (I paraphrased "not herself").

Why do you think the FBI was brought in, if this is true? Suspect crossed a state line, or something to do with a church?

My observation from within WS:

I've noted in a few cases where this has happened before. ATF come in to a case in order to identify that a firearm has been present. This appears to be done as a precursor to bringing in the FBI/FBI involvement.

Again from my observation - the rules appear to be that If a firearm is manufactured in a different state from that where the firearm was used in a crime, then it becomes a potential FBI concern.

This is a way to get around - i.e. getting the FBI involved for another part of the investigation (not related to the use of the firearm) that local LE do not have the expertise in.

I.e. working within the perimeter of the rules of 'the game' and sharing around the skills base.

All IMO of course..

I couldn't get the video to load so was it there where it was said she hadn't been herself lately? Because it wasn't in the article.

I know I'm way behind on the thread so sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

I have run across a lot of comments with links, however, the links do not back up the comments. I think alot of new members misunderstand the rules maybe??

Something else that I found curious about that was that meant he said that to his mom while he was on his fishing trip in Mississippi and he said he called his wife at night at 9:30 PM that day, the day before she showed up for work at 4:20 AM. I don't know that he had anything to do with it and I've looked elsewhere, but I do think LE is studying him as that's something that's a bit too convenient not to make you a POI. Also I'm not exactly clear on what he expected her to do, quit her job for CG? It seems inherent in the work for CG that you're going to be out [alone] very early in the morning if you're an instructor for CG.
^bbm

IIUC, in news vid interview Bevers, he said 'business trip' to Biloxi, but my Yankee ears may have misheard. Somewhere upthread a poster ref'ed to fishing trip too.
I also got impression he drove, rather than flew, but could be wrong.
Seems more likely that a person wd leave home on a Sun., to drive for several hrs, to arrive at intended city for business purposes on Monday morning.
Seems more likely, imo, than leaving home on Sun to drive or otherwise travel to embark on fishing trip, but fishing trip is entirely poss too.

I wanted to listen again but could not locate vid. Anyone--- a link to vid? and/or another listener's interp -- fishing, business, or something else? Thx in adv.

I have run across a lot of comments with links, however, the links do not back up the comments. I think alot of new members misunderstand the rules maybe??

The reference was in the video, not in the article accompanying the video. It's at the 1:33 mark.

In relation to the gear on the POI. Persons in the fitness industry also do self-defense classes I would expect (they do where I live).

For that they would need heavy protective gear for the training team, so would be in part of their wardrobe and not necessarily something that needed a lot of outlay to fit-out if they already had access to group's wardrobe.

If this were the case, then we have a motive from within the industry; a jealous rival perhaps, or .....

Good question. Bringing in the Texas Rangers isn't unusual in a case like this. ATF and FBI, though?

Here's the explanation of the ATF's involvement with the case:

One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue. Officials didn’t say whether or not the dog provided any breaks in the case.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

Not too many men allow the wife to go anywhere at 4am without them tagging along for safety issues.

But maybe crime never happens in this town.

Idk.

But what I must admit. Sometimes I tell my lady that xyz can wait. But she sometimes act like I'm paronoid and then do the opposite.

So I can't blame hubby for not being able to coerce his lady to stay home until the sun rises atleast. Jmo.

Because some people feel that it can't happen to them. And then they can be mad at you for reminding them of the possibilities.

So some men let their woman operate without question. Simply because they do not want their woman to look at them as jealous or too over protective.

Jmo.

Please people think about motive here. To me, that is foremost. The rest just is just means to an end.

Yes, I agree, what was the motive? Was the family experiencing financial troubles? Did Missi have a life insurance policy?

To paraphrase the husband's facebook, he's been dealing with a painful ailment. Did it affect his ability to earn a living?

If you read a few posts after the one you quoted of mine i think a couple of posters did a good job of explaining how they concluded that the perp is not 6 feet tall. I do recall the husband saying that but believe he was mistaken.

Thanks, that wasn't what I meant though

He said LE told him that the perp was six feet tall.

I think it's pretty clear from the excellent sleuthing here that there's no way the perp was six feet tall.

So is the husband lying about what LE told him about the perp, or is LE lying to him about what they believe about the perp?

He says he had gone on his annual fishing trip to Biloxi, Mississippi, and on Sunday night issued what he thought was just another of two decades of ‘good night’ exchanges.

I called her around 9, 9:30 to tell her ‘I love her’ and she was already half asleep,” said Bevers.

That wasn’t tactical gear,” said Bevers. “That was a shoddy amount of clothing to look like an enforcement officer. The pants look like some kind of flimsy sweat pants or something. But, the jacket was just a generic police jacket—velour looking police jacket—and I couldn’t even identify the helmet.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/...ase-new-surveillance-video-of-murder-suspect/

Hmm...their daughter went along with Missy sometimes. Are there many rapes in the area? Car jackings? Hold Ups? I can't imagine why else her husband would be so worried. From what I've heard a murder isn't that common...hardly ever happens...but it did soon after conveying this to his mother. I wish his mother said what he was so concerned about. Maybe he knew someone had a grudge against her. Did she hold classes in some rougher areas?

Don't blame Missy, I'm sure she was careful, but never expected a swat maniac to attack her by surprise.

I don't know the rape and carjacking stats, but murder is apparently unusual in Midlothian.

This was the first murder in Midlothian in the past seven years. Oak Farms Dairy is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the suspect’s arrest and indictment.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

We can try to break down the uniform/costume whatever. I can go out in this town I live in and easily buy apparel which states I am LE. The puzzling thing to me is the helmet. Can anyone tell if it could be a motorcycle helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95