TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping in after watching NG coverage. I am just learning about this case. He/she is walking with her upper body back and her feet pointing outwards. The husband stated he thinks the person is 6 feet tall. That seems to contradict that it is a woman though unless she had lifts in her boots or is extremely tall.

I'm torn. If it is a 6' tall woman, someone knows who it is. I think the shoes are big and don't fit the feet.

Just because the building code mandates that doors be at least 7 feet, doesn’t mean they can’t be taller. The doors in the video look to me to be 8 feet high. Look where the windows and the door handles are.

Yes, the doors could be taller. But even so, this person I'd estimate to be 5'7-8" in height, tops. Here's a picture I'm using to help determine this (though, I certainly could be wrong):

image.jpg

The fire extinguisher box on the wall to the left....per TX code the box handle would be about 48" up from the floor, and the top of the box about 60" (or 5') from the floor. So, even imagining the subject walking a few steps forward, it would still seem that the top of the person's head is not more than 7-8" above the top of the fire extinguisher box.

This is kinda out there, but the way the perp walks with toes pointing out and their shoulders back reminds me of a pregnancy waddle. My monitor is not the best. Could someone please take a closer look at the video and see if there is a hint of a pg tummy in the video. All that tactical gear they are wearing could hide it.

Newbie here.

I actually watched the video several times and couldn't figure out why the stomach of the offender looked oddly large but now this does make sense. That, coupled with the fact that the offender was basically waddling.

I still keep leaning toward a male suspect. Unless she was shot, it would take quite a bit of upper body strength to bring Missy down and women don't typically have that much upper body strength.

The perp had the element of surprise.Come up behind her and shoot or knock her out.

If the husband is correct, and investigators told him the perp is 6 feet tall, how tall would that door frame need to be?
10-11 feet? Is that likely?

KaaBoom;12481106]To conceal their face maybe
True, but I was thinking more along the lines of blowback and cleanup.

Newbie here.

I actually watched the video several times and couldn't figure out why the stomach of the offender looked oddly large but now this does make sense. That, coupled with the fact that the offender was basically waddling.

:welcome2: Thanks for joining the conversation!

Still undecided if this was a man or woman.

Me too. The suspect looks like a man to me. But the video quality is not good enough for me to be sure. I would have to see a lot better video to make a determination if it is a man or a woman. It’s an interesting theory though that the suspect is a female, and seems to be a popular opinion here. I’d like to see more video.

The perp had the element of surprise.Come up behind her and shoot or knock her out.

This is what I am leaning toward - element of surprise and whacked in the head with whatever is in their hand - axe or hammer. I don't see a crowbar.

I still keep leaning toward a male suspect. Unless she was shot, it would take quite a bit of upper body strength to bring Missy down and women don't typically have that much upper body strength.

Yep I am kinda leaning that way also now.

Yes, the doors could be taller. But even so, this person I'd estimate to be 5'7-8" in height, tops. Here's a picture I'm using to help determine this (though, I certainly could be wrong):

View attachment 92199

The fire extinguisher box on the wall to the left....per TX code the box handle would be about 48" up from the floor, and the top of the box about 60" (or 5') from the floor. So, even imagining the subject walking a few steps forward, it would still seem that the top of the person's head is not more than 7-8" above the top of the fire extinguisher box.

And BAM! Good call!

If it was a targeted hit, and I think it was, then who ever was angry enough to kill her may have done some talking. In a small town, and I know because I live in one, there is a lot of gossip. If someone was shooting their mouth off around town, about their dislike of Missy, someone might come forward with that. I think there is a reward for info leading to an arrest and that might motivate someone to come forward. I guess what I am trying to ask is this, is it possible to hate that much and nobody else knows about it?

I wonder if a woman in superb physical shape would have that level of strength ?

Trained dancers also walk with their toes pointed out, and their shoulders back. jmo

But they also tend to have long legs and an elegant build, something I'm not seeing here (even despite the SWAT gear). Also, I'm seeing the right foot point outward, but the other seems to be generally straight. (See photo just posted above.)

I wonder if a woman in superb physical shape would have that level of strength ?

I am under 90lbs. and I could take someone larger and in shape if they do not expect it.

Newbie here.

I'm not completely familiar with SWAT gear, but isn't he/she wearing something strapped onto the front of her jacket, here? (Bullet-proof vest of some sort?)

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...bout-her-safety/?e=v5z5s-nJTIKi9qkPA6rfrgGYAQ

In the most recent video released it appears the person had to hunch down somewhat to reach the door knob to open it. I just tried the bathroom door and at 5'6" I just had to reach straight which makes me think the person is taller than me. Also would depend on height of door knob. My door knob is 40" off the floor.

Also, it has been suggested this wasn't a typical burglary, nothing taken, etc. Was the person simply looking for somewhere to hide? He/she seems to be walking very clumsily. Could they have been jealous of how fit she was? I know, that sounds a little crazy.

Yeah, seriously. It's actually a "good idea" - you know, apart from dressing up and killing somebody not being a good idea.

I swear to God, we're looking for somebody who watches a lot of CSI or some other acronym TV show. It seems like they've thought about this a lot and probably believe they've put together the perfect crime.

I think the disguise was for all these reasons, and that they were staging a burglary and that they weren't necessarily aware of the cameras (given the apparent casual burglary set up). Maybe the disguise wasn't for cameras, it's just convenient now.

What do others think about whether the person conveniently already had that swat gear when they started planning this; or did they form the plan and then buy the gear?

Everyone here -- I've really been getting a lot out of all your posts. I am waiting to find out who this suspect is and their motive. I tend to think they're unstable and have a irrational grudge.

Newbie here.

Welcome to Websleuths Zombelah!! We love our newbies. I hope you'll post some more.

If it were a burglary and they didn't park close to the church, wouldn't it be a little awkward having to carry whatever they stole a fair distance to their vehicle? Is there that much to steal at a church? Where is the offering money kept and is it taken home on Sunday or is it in a safe at the church before depositing on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966